• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steakfest!! 2 Results - 1/24/10

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd like to again thank everybody who showed up for this little event. We were unfortunately unable to host up a Melee tournament, but everything we did run ran pretty well, I suppose. Best part is that nothing was left behind this time.

Anyways, having said that here are the results. If I need to revise anything in terms of who used what character, please let me know, and I'll have it fixed right away.

Videos should be popping up eventually. Sit tight for those. It may take awhile.

Brawl Singles

1: Hylian ($60.00) [Ice Climbers]
2: Espy ($30.00) [Sonic]
3: Phantom X ($10.00) [Wario/Meta Knight/Ganondorf]
4: Bored [Ike]
5: K Prime [Pikachu]
5: Grayfox43 [Wolf]
7: JUJ [King Dedede/Meta Knight(?)]
7: Morningstar [Donkey Kong/Snake(?)]
9: Nike20
9: Maan
9: Pyledriver
9: Greywolf
13: 610
13: Zigsta
13: Castro
13: KoN
17: Greyfox
17: Paw!
17: Geoberos
17: KDawg
Brawl Doubles

1: We Lost to Alabama ($25.20) [Espy (Sonic) & Hylian (Meta Knight/Game & Watch)]
2: J and Silent Bob ($10.80) [Phantom X (Meta Knight/Wario) & K Prime (Pikachu)]
3: Graeyfox Squared [Grayfox43 (?) & Greyfox86 (Zelda)]
4: Lake of Rage [JUJ (Meta Knight) & Zigsta (Pokemon Trainer)]
5: Monkey Whores [Geoberos (Diddy Kong) & 610 (Pikachu)]
6: We Give it Slow and Hard [Maan (Ganondorf) & Tofer (Peach/Ness)]
Brawl Random Character, Random Stage

1: K Prime ($12.00)
2: Espy ($6.00)
3: Hylian ($2.00)
4: Phantom X
5: Grayfox43
5: Bored
7: Geoberos
7: Tofer
9: Zigsta
9: KoN
9: Greyfox
Pokemon

1: JUJ ($30.00)
2: Pedro ($15.00)
3: Greyfox ($5.00)
4: Mike
5: Daniel
5: Noel
7: Alex
7: Josh
9: Zigsta
9: Espy
==========

Shoutsies:

Hylian: That dair made me sad. It was a great set of games overall though. I really, REALLY hate Ice Climbers. Always have, and always will.

Phantom X: Phasing out of Brawl? You're gonna break my heart. Good set we had in losers. Your Ganon is just as scary as your Wario. Oh, and **** Arakune.

Bored: Play to win, I suppose. I still feel icky about doing it. We'll have a money match soon, and I won't use that crap to win it. :p

K Prime: Quick Attack lock was oh so sexy in your set with Bored. And your Noel in BlazBlue is too good. It wasn't a surprise that you won RSRC. Too, too good.

Grayfox43: Good games in singles. Wolf too good.

JUJ: Way to **** in Pokemon, JUJ. I wanted to watch it a little.

Morningstar: We didn't get to hang out like, at all. :(

Nike20: Sorry about your first round. You're amazing though. TVs + strips + extension cables/fans. Thanks for everything. Where would SA be without you. <3

Oh, and quad knee combos in Melee. You know you love them.

Maan: Top ten'd with GANONDORF with only two days of Brawl practice. Too good.

610: lol.

Zigsta: Be Prepared? I laughed. We didn't get to talk Disney almost at all. D: We should've played more friendlies. Some other time.

Castro: Glad that you came after all. Practice so you can shake things up harder next time!

KoN: Thanks for coming by. You need to hang out with SA's smash scene more. It's the only way you'll really improve.

Greyfox: Absol got in dat ***. Just sayin'.

Paw!: Same thing to you as to Castro and KoN. You guys have the potential to rise, you just need to work at it! :p

Geoberos: Diddy!

==========

So yeah, Austin needed our money, and got it. lol.

I'll try hosting another one soon, but until then, keep playing everyone! See you at the next tournament!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
For singles you should put MK and Ganon besides my name, considering Ganon got me sent to losers and I actually used MK for a good number of rounds.

Next time I'll probably just go all Ganon against you/in general. I'll probably go all Wario at WHOBO again and counterpick correctly and play careful, but that's about it. At least you got your wish and beat me before I quit ;)

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
Espy, I only used Snake in friendlies. :]

I had a good time... -remembers smoke out session in car with Castro- K, so I had a great time. :)

1: Hylian - Thanks for the friendlies, you're a swell Icee player. :)
2: Espy - We didn't hang out at all, I know. You always seemed so busy. Good job running the tourney. Man, you almost made yourself look silly by almost beating Hylian, due to the name of this tournament. Wish you would've! :p
3: Phantom X - PANTYX. FD is my favorite stage. <3 Lemme know when your MK wants to get Donkey Punched again and I'll make it happen. :) You're my favorite so don't quit until I do. Panty promise?
4: Bored - Good ****. Thanks for all the friendlies. PS your Snake is boring to play. >_>
5: K Prime - SOMEDAY K PRIME, SOMEDAY.
5: Grayfox43 - Good job dude. Didn't get to play you. :/
7: JUJ - Awh babeh, Big Pappy gotcha! :D
9: Nike20 - I did what you told me and friendlied a whole mess of people!
9: Maan - Good set with PX. Ganon dittos > Brawl.
9: Pyledriver - Didn't even get to play you! We should've entered teams together, idk what I was thinking.
9: Greywolf - You were a tough lil cookie. :p
13: 610 - You didn't get wrecked by me this time. :)
13: Zigsta - MM too good. I like how both of us left with our pride and our money. :p
13: Castro - DUUUUUUUUUUUDE. We're a bunch of degenerates rofl.
17: Greyfox - C'mon dawggggg. Step it on up.
17: Paw! - Brackets can be gay sometimes.
17: Geoberos - Dang, I didn't get to play you. Your voice did wonders for Steakfest hahaha.
17: KDawg - Long time, no see! Don't get last ever again.:(

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Dang, only 4 posts in here. Thread needs to step it up.

1: Hylian: As expected?
2: Espy: In all seriousness, if I had known about the YI thing, you probably would have taken me to Pictochat.
3: Phantom X: I killed myself for you.
4: Bored: Who's this guy? This guy is Awesome.
5: K Prime: Got you back from Hobo xP. 1-1.
5: Grayfox43: 4 of top 5 are Austin? We too good.
7: JUJ: Thanks for housing us. I love everything about your house, and your parents are really nice. 5 star treatment.
7: Morningstar: I don't know what I'm doing with Snake! I know it's boring. Good stuff though. Just try to play a bit more smarter.
9: Nike20: I need those replays so I can make a "Bored ***** Nike: A Ike vs Marth Montage"
9: Maan: I wanted to play you, but your Ganon looks way too intimidating. I probably would have gotten my *** kicked.
9: Pyledriver: You played me in friendlies? Don't remember to be honest.
9: Greywolf:
13: Zigsta: Go Bowser next time. See how far you get.
17: Greyfox: ****, those Pokemon games take too long. Needs less camping.
17: Geoberos: You should practice your Diddy a bit more, you ran into too many of my stuff. Nevertheless, good games.

Niddo: No johns. Take 10 tablets of Pepto Bismol and you get your *** over to Espy's.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799

1: Hylian ($60.00) - Great to see ya. I wanna play against your IC's against my Zelda. :)

2: Espy ($30.00) - Maybe true, but my Metagross ***** your unborn children.

3: Phantom X ($10.00) - Your Ganon vs my CFal. 5$MM. Aye/Nay?

4: Bored - Your Ike looks super scary. D:

5: K Prime - I'm gonna beat you in RCRS one day. :)

5: Grayfox43 - Team plans for next time, and next time there will be a name match.

7: JUJ - Sorry about the rules and whatnot. I just forgot, no problem. :)

7: Morningstar - I'll use Diddy next time. :)

9: Nike20 - Good friendlies the night before and the day off.

9: Maan - Such a name needs be on the Ganon

9: Pyledriver - Long time no see man.

9: Greywolf - Bout time you did good, hope to see you next time at a SA tourney.

13: 610 - Well that's why you beat me. Next time you get Diddy. :)

13: Zigsta - Another pokemon match? I think so. :)

13: Castro - Same as Pyle

13: KoN - Look above

17: Greyfox - ****ING STEP IT UP. You better use Diddy and Flaco or you quit Brawl.

17: Paw! - You need to play more. :)

17: Geoberos - Needs more Diddy madness. :p

17: KDawg - Same as Pyle

My offer still stands that I'm doing 1$ MM for anyone that wants to do it in Brawl only.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Espy - Thanks for hosting the tournament! You said you didn't think you were playing well but I disagree, your sonic gets better ever time we play haha it's always harder >_<. Keep it up! And don't worry, everyone hates fighting IC's lol.

Phantom X - My MK couldn't keep up with yours in teams >_< lol.

Bored - Cheater. :p. Good stuff against Kprime.

K Prime - Oh my God your last match with bored QAlock was insane haha.

Grayfox43 - Reppin austin well :).

JUJ - You are amazinggg! Thanks for the housing and feeding us :).

Morningstar - Fun games, DK's fun to play against haha.

Nike20 - Funnnn melee <3 haha always nice to see you! Those gimps were **** :).

Maan - Sick Ganon.

Pyledriver - :( snake lol.

Greyfox - You sir need to do a namematch haha. Nice seeing you again.

Zigsta - Thanks for driving :p. Disney music was fun.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
2: Espy: In all seriousness, if I had known about the YI thing, you probably would have taken me to Pictochat.
True. Having said that, you've dealt with it the best out of anybody I've played. You fared better against it than even Dojo, and tornado ***** the gimmick.

2: Espy ($30.00) - Maybe true, but my Metagross ***** your unborn children.
Your Metagross beat UU'd-Trash and a Ninjask without an attacking move.

It also got ***** by Quick Attack. :p

@Hylian:

A lot of people hate Sonic too >_<
We'll play more soon. I'm gonna be MIA for February though. ;-;

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
Espy - thanks for hosting the tournament, <3

Grayfox43 - fun friendlies, your wolf is legit

JUJ - why do i always play you :( good mk exp none the less

Morningstar - heard about your adventure, needs more me involved lol

Nike20 - how dare you pick falco AND ban my favorite stage, ihu

Pyledriver - wiichuck playas unite!

Zigsta - i wanna play your pt, maybe next time

Castro - worst peach in texas.

KoN - didnt get to play you :/

Greyfox - thanks for helping me shake the rust off, i was so bad lol

Paw! - quit sucking you ****

KDawg - fun friendlies

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Dang, maybe I should go Bowser next time.

Shoutouts hopefully later today. I gotta read The Godfather script and write coverage on it first.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Hylian - Didn't play any friendlies with you :/
Espy - Thanks for hosting, I needed more Brawl/Human interaction
Phantom X - No friendlies either o.o
Bored - Yeah, I still have ways to go and Ikes not to run into; my 'nuts and 'naners be sliced, gg
K Prime - ****, I'm missing out on friendlies >.< Wicked QA-lock though
Grayfox43 - I don't remember if I played against you in friendlies
JUJ - Good to see ya again, though I didn't get a chance to play ya
Morningstar - Same a JUJ
Nike20 - Same above
Maan - Wreck some more tourneys, they be feelin' your Maanon
Pyledriver - Didn't think I played you
Greywolf - Nor you...
610 - First. Tournament. Match. Won. Ever. Through means of being John.
Zigsta - I think we had friendlies, **** my memory sucks.
Castro - No friendlies I think
KoN - Good to see ya again, as usual, your Marth remains unbeatable to me since Melee
Greyfox - Ha true, not mad enough
Paw! - Aw no friendlies TnT
Geoberos - follows suit. Ran into attacks as often as deer to trucks. *Stares at the headlights--*
KDawg - But good friendlies to you
~ Geoberos

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Hylian--Good stuff taking SA's money! Cool chilling and listening to ****** Disney music with you. Glad you didn't get ***** by a fan this time. :p

PhantomX--The Wario boards are gonna freak, haha. MEDAKNIIIIIIIII!! Thanks for the Disney CDs. <3

Bored--Dang, getting revenge on KPrime. You just keep proving why you're the best Ike. Keep it up, son. Channel that rage you feel when we listen to "Can You Feel the Love Tonight."

Grayfox Austin--I'm glad we finally got to play each other, haha. Nice placing!

Espy--So since I grabbed you out of your up B, does that mean I gimped you? Cuz I distinctly remember you telling me at Gamelot that if I ever gimp your Sonic, you'll give me a cookie. :p Next time I'll drag you from Melee so we can friendly.

KPrime--Thanks for the Pikachu experience. You ***** me, haha.

MorNIGstar--Your DK's improved, but ya still can't beat my PT (when I start Charizard). :) Bowsah will be waiting.

Greyfox--The Melee kneeeeeesss!!! And the Pokemon hax!! Haha, too good man. Fun times chilling with you.

JUJ--Thanks for the housing and food! Our Pokemon tag team was pretty wicked, and we did pretty solid in teams considering who we had to play first. Don't sweat hitting me; I had a fun time regardless bud. And I think I'm gonna start Ivysaur against your D3 from now on.... *waits to be exposed with that blanket*

Pyledriver--Nice to meet you. Always cool to see players returning to the Smash scene. :) Next time I'll ban FD against you, haha.

Geoberos--Yeah, we played in teams. From what I saw of you at Steakfest 1, you've improved. Keep it up. And boss voice, by the way.

Maan--Solid Ganon, bro! I approve of your The Lion King shirt.

Nike20--Aww, I didn't get to play your Marth. :( Hopefully next time your controller won't make you do ridiculous things like reverse Inhale, haha. Good to see ya!

Paw--Next tournament we're both at, come find me. I'll play you with my PT.

Greywolf--Stay longer next time, and I'll give you some pointers on your PT.

If I forgot anyone, lemme know.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
1: Hylian - Silly good Ice Climbers. As bad a taste as getting 3 stocked by SoPo left in my mouth... I loved the friendlies. Good experience. Gives me something to learn from.

2: Espy - Last in Pokemon? Blaming UU sounds like a john. XD I use my UU's proud. Arcanine > Zangoose. <3

3: Phantom X - Still got mad respect for you doing the Ganon ditto. I'd like a chance against your Wario too sometime, but thanks for teaching me some things for the 'Dorf.

4: Bored - Oh man, I wanted a chance against you too. I think if I had beaten Grayfox43, we would've played, or something like that. Your Ike was scary good.

5: K Prime - Espy had told me about your Pikachu, but I loved watching it. Wish we'd got a chance for some friendlies.

5: Grayfox43 - Your Wolf's aerial pursuit was legit. Fun match, and hope we get another chance to play.

7: JUJ - Haha, **** Dedede... :p Good match though. I'll try and learn a bit more for another chance at you.

7: Morningstar - Didn't get a chance to play you! Your DK was fun to watch though. Moved faster than I knew he could.

9: Nike20 - I also didn't get a chance with you either! I need to get in more friendlies next time...

9: Maan - I freakin' <3 this guy.

9: Pyledriver - I don't think I even saw you play... :(

9: Greywolf - Same as Pyle...

13: 610 - What's this BS about you learning from K Prime?! Chaingrab me again, and I'll jam these boots in your skull. :p (Congratz on the first win.)

13: Zigsta - Only got to play you in teams... Your Squirtle was fast though. Hope I get another chance at you too. And my car is the same way man, LK soundtrack is in CD slot 4. I'll jump in this Disney chat if it ever happens. XD

13: Castro - Can't remember playing you... :\

13: KoN - I loved the friendlies we played early. Got me a good warmup.

17: Greyfox - **** Zelda, hoggin' mah Triforce, what with her magical toes and all... :p Great fun with you man.

17: Paw! - I only saw you play friendlies... Wish we'd got a chance to play.

17: Geoberos - Gah, Darren! You and John made me so sadfaced in teams... XD That's what caused the anger needed to boot your barrels. :p

17: KDawg - Didn't get a chance to see you play either... :(

Fun time though. Great first experience for me, you guys were great. Except for you Epsy. I hate you... <3

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Arcanine > Zangoose crossed the line, son.
Zangoose > Arcanine. Don't start this up with me again.

I hate you so much. <3
Alright, for the sake of not stirring up this, or Simba > Kimba again, because I want some sleep...

I'll settle it with this. Arcanine <3 Zangoose. BFF's. XD

Also, you should've used a Luxray.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Haha, even Lux can learn Quick Attack. Doesn't matter though. Neither of us stand a chance with either... :(

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
That lame bird beat down an agility'd Metagross.
Get @ it.
Oh please, don't give me that.

If you want a rematch, I'll be more than happy to take that 'W'.

Hell, lets make it interesting and turn it into a MM.

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
True. Having said that, you've dealt with it the best out of anybody I've played. You fared better against it than even Dojo, and tornado ***** the gimmick.
Don't lie to him. I two stocked you there once in friendlies back in the day at the weekly Gamelot Gatherings. Must've blocked it out of your memory. Lol friendlies. :(

Morningstar - heard about your adventure, needs more me involved lol
I have "TV in the backseat" johns! Next time. "Degenerates" ftw.

MorNIGstar--Your DK's improved, but ya still can't beat my PT (when I start Charizard). :) Bowsah will be waiting.
Are you sure I didn't beat you the 3rd game when you started with Charizard? I could've sworn I won the PT set. Btw, "can't" and "didn't" aren't synonymous, just in case I didn't. :p I'm with Bored, go Bowser next time and see how you do. It's pretty legit, no lie.

Remember when we both tried to Smash the same rock at the same time? Man, that was epic. We broke the game for a second. Someone should upload those sets.

To anyone who was there: If there are strange DK vs. Bowser matches on your Wii/SD, that's a MM you should upload for ya boy MR.***. :]

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Oh please, don't give me that.

If you want a rematch, I'll be more than happy to take that 'W'.

Hell, lets make it interesting and turn it into a MM.
lol. I'll just use a team of NU. A crappy team of NU.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I must've blocked that out of my memory, Morningstar. :p

But yeah, someone should totally upload all our sets. That was effing epic when we broke the game.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
lol. I'll just use a team of NU. A crappy team of NU.
Oh no sir. You have to play me with your best, otherwise I'll consider your win a fluke......oh wait....that's right. ;) ily. <3

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Lol.

You know I've been picking fights on the boards today so time to spread some cheer.

It's ok Espy. :)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
By the way, in case anyone wanted to see it, here are the brackets:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Nike! Enter brawl!

Naw, I'm so bad at this game. I'd rather enter melee.

Theres so melee, not enough attendance. And your amazing at this game!

Arg I guess I'll enter.

*later*

Hey Kprime, who do you play first round?

You.

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
Marth-Pika isn't THAT bad for you though. And you told me you've never played Prime's Pikachu before, bout time you got that lil cherry popped. :p

That still kind of sucks though.

JUJ

Smash Cadet
Ok time for some super late shout outs.

Hylian- Good job winning with the gayest character jk lol, I guess I will have to work more on my MK.

Espy- thank again for hositng an awesome tourny too much fun, and don't mind Greyfox I can help you with some more pokemon if you need.

Phantom X- always cool chillin with you and the crew thanks for the friendlies mayne.

Bored- Ike was super ****, and btw STOP CHEATING!!!!

Kprime- what is with those locks anyways that was crazy cool.

Grayfox 43- Nice job with wolf and nice meeting you. Jacket was too cool.

Morningstar- You are my favorite degenarite, didn't get to play you in tourny :(
and don't think that DK stuff will actually work on me in tourny, good stuff regardless.

Nike- Man it sucks that we didn't get to play in tourny either:(
I guess bored cheatedd against you too lol.

Mann- D3 is really tough for Gannon so don't feel bad. sorry I played you so gay:(

Greywolf- my man good stuff for your first tourny in a while, we need to practice more.

Castro- maybe you and eddy should get there erliar because I think those herbal suplaments might help you out lol. Seriously I wish we could have gotten some friendlies in.

Zigsta- my man good stuff in pokemon teams, always fun chilling with you. Plus ten man points for sleeping with that blanket and not caring.

Geo- no friendlies:(

Greyfox- I still feel bad about pokemon incident but you still ***** and proved you are the hax king. don't get down on yourself about brawl just kick then push then coast

Tofer wanted to play u in friendlies. thanx a bunch for helping me with the pokemon tournament.

Paw- you are getting better just need more practice let me know if you want mjore MK practice.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Haha, no biggie JUJ. None of my matchups are good matchups, so no johns on my end. I'll just have to work a bit harder.

Good fun though. I'll have to enter that next Pokemon tourney too...

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Then it's no wonder why I lost my Brawl match. I demand a recount. >:0

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Maaaaaan, do you know how to auto cancel Ganon's dair/bair? Every time I looked, you didn't do it.
Haha, I do, and I'm working on doing it naturally now. I really only played Brawl seriously and started learning competitive stuff 2 days beforehand, so my skills are nowhere near what others would be. It was my first tourney, and I'm using it as a foundation.

I'm still spending most of my time getting a feel for how people play, since getting in someone's head is my best chance as Ganon. I am working on my speed now though.

Still, I'm open for any tips. Still in a learning process, so anything I hear, I listen to. lol

Top Bottom