• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZEST5*30th of april & 1st of may*REGISTRATION CLOSED*CONFIRM when ready!*WIIs NEEDED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exalador

Smash Lord
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Underneath are the starting times of the tournament, these times are the same for both Melee and Brawl!
Venue opens at: 9:00 (registration/freeplay)
Start tournament: 11:00 (Be there on time! all registrations and paymetns need to be completed at 11:00!!!)
-------------------OFFICIAL ZEST5 TRAILER--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyDCiJZncE8&feature=player_embedded

--------------
Basic info:
--------------

max entries: 100
duration: 2 days
what tournies?: melee: singles & teams, brawl: singles & teams
when?: Friday april 30th (BRAWL) and saturday may 1st (MELEE)
starting time: The tournament starts at 11:00, the venue opens at 9:00
where?: where else? same spot as usual! the adress is:
Venue name: Buurtruimte "De Patio"
Street: Gaardedreef 189
Postal code and city: 2723AZ Zoetermeer

The easiest way to get there by train is from 'The Hague' Central Station. From here take the 'RandstadRail' (upper platform), you can take either number 3 going in to 'centrum west' or 4 going to 'javalaan', they both get to station 'Seghweart' where the venue is. don't be mindgamed by line 3, since it passes 'centrum west' before getting to segheweart The venue is directly across the street from the station so it shouldn't be hard to find.

underneath is a more elaborate explanation of how to get to the venue for the dutch people, since all foreign players will travel with them (if going by train etc.) If you do need directions for public transportation: just ask me in the thread, or send me a PM and i'll help you out.
For the foreign people who will come by car: just put the adress of the venue in your navigation system

If you can't find the venue or need directions you can call me on the day of the tournament on this number: +316 46 14 21 14

--------------
Routebeschrijving:
--------------

vanuit Den Haag:
De zaal is het beste te bereiken met de Randstadrail vanuit den haag. Als je vanuit Den Haag RandstadRail 3 (richting Centrum West) of 4 pakt (richting Javalaan) dan kom je sowieso langs station 'Seghwaert', die vlak naast de venue ligt.

Dus:
1. RandstadRail 3 of 4 richting Centrum West / Javalaan
2. Uitstappen bij Station Seghwaert
3. 10 seconden lopen naar de venue (het rode gebouw bij de T-splitsing naast het station)

Vanuit Utrecht / Gouda (dus via station Zoetermeer);

Je kan nog steeds met de trein naar zoetermeer station komen vanuit den haag centraal en utrecht centraal, De intercity stopt echter niet meer in Zoetermeer (let hier dus goed op!). Het makkelijkste is dan om vanaf het station de randstadrail te pakken naar het station dat voor de zaal zit (Station seghwaert) Dit is RandstadRail lijn 3 richting loosduinen (richting Centrum west komt vanaf hier NIET langs de venue), let dus goed op dat ie langs station seghwaert komt! Deze vertrekt vanuit spoor. Vanuit Den Haag centraal kan je de RandstadRail ook direct nemen.

Dus:
1. Trein naar station Zoetermeer
2. Randstadrail richting Loosduinen
3. Uitstappen bij station Seghwaert
4. 10 seconden lopen naar de venue (het rode gebouw bij de T-splitsing naast het station)

----------

overzicht van de volledige reis waar jij vandaan moet komen?
Om het duidelijk te zien met reistijden enzo: ga dan even naar http://www.ov9292.nl en voer gewoon je station in waarvan je vertrekt, het adres van de zaal (zie hierboven) en een aankomsttijd van 11:00u op vrijdag 30 april/zaterdag 1 mei.

as you can see the venue (green dot) is next to the station.

If you can't find the venue or need directions you can call me on the day of the tournament on this number: +316 46 14 21 14

The venue will be open to everyone at 10:30. I want to start the Teams-tournamen at 11:30 on both days (12:00 max!), so BE THERE ON TIME.

--------------------
Housing
--------------------

Lawrencelot will be in charge of coordinating all housing related activities. If you are in need of housing, contact Lawrencelot.
All housing requests and offers are posted in a seperate housing thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=265126
You can also contact him on MSN, his adress can be found in his profile

--------------------
The Rules
--------------------

----------
MELEE
----------

Rules for 1 vs 1:
Pouls+Double Elimination, best of 3. Best of 5 from quarter finals, best of 7 for winner's finals.
4 Stock, 8 minutes Stocktime
If the timer runs out the player with the most stock left wins. In case of a stock tie the player with the lowest percentage wins (so the Sudden Death does not count in this case). In case of a percentage tie the Sudden Death is played.
Items are off.

Poule rules: because there if a lot of misunderstanding with poules i wanna give some clear ground rules: of for some reason 2 players seem to have ended up in a tie we will review who wins in this order:
1. number of sets won, if this is a tie we will go to the second factor
2. total matches won, if this is also a tie we will go to the last factor
3. the winner of the set that the tied players played against eachother.
4. In case of a 3-way tie and the first 3 factors are all equal, there will be a rematch for those 3 players

At the start of each set both players will have the chance to ban one level for the entire set.

LEVEL RULES

Stagestriking will be used

How does stagestriking work:

You play 1 game of rock/paper/scissors with your opponent. The winner can strike a stage from the 5 random. Then the loser strikes 2 stages followed by the winner striking 1 more stage. One stage from the random stages will remain, and this stage will be played for the first match.

Starter
Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams (will be replaced with Yoshi’s Story in teams)
Pokémon Stadium

Counterpicks
Yoshi's Story

stage bans: basicly every other level
the other levels are allowed if opponent AGREES to play it

Daves Stupid Rule (DSR) is used.
Advanced Slop Picks (ASP) is used

Stalling tactics such as Peach bombering or rising pound are banned unless when used for recovery.

Rules for teams:
Team attack is on. Due to lag issues Fountain of Dreams will be replaced by Yoshi's story in the random stages.
All other rules are the same as 1 vs 1.

----------
BRAWL
----------

• Singles: The first round will consist of sixteen pools of four or five players. In each pool the two highest ranking players will advance to a 32-man Double Elimination bracket. If a tie occurs in a pool, the placing will be determined by (in this order) the result of the match between the players who are tied, the number of losses and a rematch between all those who are tied. Should the players still be tied after these procedures, the outcome will have to be determined by a coin toss.
  • Teams: Teams will start out directly with a Double Elimination bracket.

Set rules

• 3 Stock
  • 8 minute timer
  • Items are set to "off" and "none".
  • All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above will be played out for any "finals" matches). Finals will be best of 7.
  • When players meet for the second time in the DE bracket, the score from their first set is carried over to the second set. For example, Player A and Player B ended a Bo3 set in the winner's bracket with a score of 2-1. If they meet again in the loser's bracket at a point where Bo5 is played, they instead play a Bo9 that starts with a score of 2-1 in favor of player A. As you can see, the second set is a Bo(x+y+1), with x being the maximum number of matches in the first set and y being the maximum number of matches in the second set at that point in the bracket. If this applies to the finals, only the first set is played under these conditions. This means that if the player who lost the first set in the bracket wins the first set in finals, the second set is played out as a Bo7 that starts at 0-0.
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors.
  • No player may choose the stage they have LAST won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • In the event of a dispute in team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overttime. Bowser's suicide klaw is exempt from this rule.
  • If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Bans
  • Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
  • Dedede’s standing infinite and little walk infinite are banned. This applies to matches against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Mario, Luigi and Samus.
  • Marth's standing infinite is banned. This applies to matches against Lucas and Ness.
  • Stalling is banned. Definition of stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Additional Rules for Doubles Play

• Life Stealing is allowed.
  • Set team attack to ON.

Set format (In Order of Procedure)

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
  2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
  3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
  4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
  5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List, taking no more than 2 minutes
  6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
  7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
  8. Repeat steps 5-8 for all proceeding matches

*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage List

Starter

• Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks

• Brinstar
  • Castle Siege
  • Delfino
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Halberd
  • Pokémon Stadium 1

-----------------
Costs:
-----------------

€5 fee
€10 per event
€25 for one full day (2 events (for example melee singles+teams) + fee)
€45 for everything (both brawl events + both melee events), if you participate in all events you will only pay fee for one day!

-----------------
Entrants:
-----------------

Green players are CONFIRMED to come!
Red players are DECONFIRMED and will be replaced when a new player signs up
Pink = Adam and Aniolas confirming in the most manly way possible

MELEE:

no mark = Entering singles only
*= Entering singles and teams
**= Entering teams only

MELEE entrants confirmed: 50
1. Exalador*
2. Anne*
3. Rian*
4. Jelle (Flying Dutchman)*
5. Jeffrey*
6. Utto*
7. The Paprika Killer*
8. Marc*
9. Lawrencelot*
10. Jumpman*
11. Yuki*
12. Quic*
13. Shino*
14. Yaaay*
15. ZAAD*
16. Enig*
17. Ser*
18. Wii Lee* (FR)
19. Ice* (DE)
20. Porc* (FR)
21. Biscuit*
23. Ace*
24. Wschl* (DE)
25. (Prince) Shadow*
26. Mizar*
27. Joël*
28. Chibi*
29. Trained_noob*
30. Azeez*
31. Boku*
32. Okan*
33. Diaz*
34. Fahad*
35. Ninsheart*
36. Lavlis
37. Kabutox*
38. DarkUsleon* (Chile)
39. Thomaz*
40. Jeapie!*
41. Joeri*
42. Zgetto*
43. Bozo*
44. Remen*
45. Moreno*
46. Laszlo*
47. Boaz*
48. Amsah*
49. Adam*
50. Faab*
51. Fernandez*
52. Jellsprout*
53. Mind Trick*
54. Johnny*
55. Xonar*
56. Thimo*
57. Ivo*
58. Take NoteZz While I Play*
59. Rob*
60. K@0S* (FR)
61. Rens*
62. FreekW*
63. Killer Insinct*
64. Captain McCloud*
65. -T-*
66. Jolteon* (GB)
67. Ninfreak* (BE)
68. Selepate (FR)
69. Coen*
70. BornFidelity*
71. Aqua (maar doet niet mee aan toernooi)
72. Timmy* (nofx4president)
73. Brasje*
74. Jemayel
75. Nyr*
76. TrickerL*
77. Pr3y*
78. Reaper (DE)
79. Boom
80. Mr. Game & What the...*
81. Aniolas* (SE)
82. Armada* (SE)
83. Loek*
84. Demonic Disaster*
85. Achoral (FR)
86. DarkRenji*
87. Dave*
88. AlexO
89. Rocky
90. Steven (Linkje)*
91. Gongo*
92. kaak*
93. Hylian*
94. Vriend van Hylian*
95. Natta*
96. Tyrone*
97. Dorf*
98. Matthijs (GOAT)*
99. Vyomesh
100. Baxon (FR)

RESERVE:

BRAWL

no mark = Entering singles only
*= Entering singles and teams
**= Entering teams only

BRAWL entrants confirmed: 62
1. Exalador*
2. LuLLo*
3. Kodama*

4. Jelle (Flying Dutchman)*
5. Istudying*
6. Gheb_01* (AU)
7. The Paprika Killer*
8. Marc*
9. Gregs*
10. Jumpman*
11. Chair*
12. Xonar*
13. Paulus*
14. Omegapaste*
15. Yaaay*
16. Mr-R*
17. Indoo!*
18. ZAAD*
19. B!ggad* (DE)
20. Ivan*
21. Kaak*
22. -T-*
23. Miyavi*
24. (Prince) Shadow*
25. Cracker1204
26. S1-14*
27. Hero of Banthum*
28. Pål*
29. Ayoub*
30. Catpuke*
31. Slash*
32. Tar*
33. Grizzer*
34. BluE_HawK
35. roNic*
36. TOBi*
37. Haru*
38. Lesje*
39. Bader*
40. Gymmo*
41. K@0S* (FR)
42. Skippo*
43. JDW!*
44. KillerInstinct*
45. Jason*
46. Ieljaas*
47. PsY`*
48. Ninfreak* (BE)
49. Cenel*
50. Manko* (FR)
51. Reaper* (DE)
52. Tofuaddict*
53. ssj5goten*
54. Klaar!*
55. Rahx*
56. Aqua*
57. Tiersie*
58. Zarg*
59. Melissa*
60. Thomas Kostas Niaounakis
61. Juan
62. Boela
63. Boom
64. Rated rko
65. God Of Vengeance
66. DarkRenji*
67. Achoral (FR)
68. Gon* (FR)
69. Emo*
70. Leon* (FR)
71. Zulu* (FR)
72. Dude*
73. Guvan*
74. Regry*
75. Arga*

76. Skyves*
77. Virrib*
78. Aymen*

79. Reset
80. Talon*
81. Symph*
82. Putdeksel*
83. TheJustice*
84. GillyTheKey*
85. Clack*
86. Gilmore*
87. Dj Shaun-D*
88. Dj Daycard*

89. Tenzo*
90. SilentSoul*
91. Grove
92. Moo*
93. Thimo*
94. Pipe*
95. Mark**
96. Ramzehz*
97. Friend of pipe?*
98. Friend of pipe?*
99. A+*
100. Muppet*

Reserve:
1. JMSS*
2. SMD*
3. Nyr*
4. Sino*

Tero.

Smash Champion
Interested.
We wont be able to sleep at the venue on Friday?

Exalador

Smash Lord
Interested.
We wont be able to sleep at the venue on Friday?
Sleeping at the venue is impossible sadly :( but i will put you down for housing. Which events will you be entering? I remember you play melee, but brawl as well? and both singles/teams?

Coolio, I'm interested.

:059:
I'll put you on the list as soon as i know which events you are interested in (melee singles/teams, brawl singles/teams?)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Considering the entry fees I'll only enter Brawl (both events). I suck at Melee so I only join Melee events with low entry fee.

Why is it friday to saturday and not saturday to sunday btw?

Exalador

Smash Lord
Considering the entry fees I'll only enter Brawl (both events). I suck at Melee so I only join Melee events with low entry fee.

Why is it friday to saturday and not saturday to sunday btw?

For 1 simple reason: The venue wasn't available at sunday :laugh:
With all things considered it had to be this week, so friday - saturday was the only option

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
People that need housing for this can contact me, and I will ask around for dutchies that can provide housing. If you need help with any travels to or inside the Netherlands, you can also contact me. My msn/email is in my profile.

Wii Lee

Smash Rookie
Interested, for Melee only (singles & teams). I'll probably need housing by the way (french player here).

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
same as last time :)
i DO play brawl, but i probably wont have enough money to participate in both, so it might be melee only

also: being there friday morning is gonna be harsh....

Staco

Smash Champion
brawl on friday starts at 11:30
are you ****ing serious?
do you really expect people to come with school on 30th?

I hope this isnt the big dutch summer event some other dutchies told me about <<

if you make brawl singles on saturday Ill attend this, but srsly, on friday?

ive got school until 3 pm, will be there in the evening, srsly, thats just stupid

why dont you just make both team events on friday and both single events on saturday?

Kabutox

Smash Apprentice
Ik wil ook wel komen, moet alleen nog even kijken of ik dan zeker kan. Wel alleen melee (singles + teams) dan.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
brawl on friday starts at 11:30
are you ****ing serious?
do you really expect people to come with school on 30th?

I hope this isnt the big dutch summer event some other dutchies told me about <<

if you make brawl singles on saturday Ill attend this, but srsly, on friday?

ive got school until 3 pm, will be there in the evening, srsly, thats just stupid

why dont you just make both team events on friday and both single events on saturday?
ZEST is a series of melee-only tournaments. Exalador did his best to make it two games this time, and succeeded but the venue was not available on sunday or something. That friday is a holiday in the Netherlands, so even if you don't come there will be enough Dutch brawlers. You can just come on the melee-day, unless you have school on saturday...

Exalador

Smash Lord
Interested, melee only...
Wow, you live all the way in Chile? Cheers for showing interest, awesome :bee:

@Lawrencelot: well said ^^

@Kabutox: Ik zet je op de lijst ^^

@Staco: Terribly sorry, but i can't host brawl singles on saturday, mixing the 2 events on one day (for example brawl/melee singles on saturday and brawl/melee teams on friday) will cause for so much trouble, especially with space in the venue, having both communities present on one day is really inefficient. Switching the Brawl/Melee day won't happen as well, sorry...

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Ah ok, but he is originally from Chile? still cool ^^
Yes, I am indeed from Chile :D.
And yes, I am studying in Germany at the moment.
And yes, I was a foreign exchange student in Finland

w00t.

Anyways, I've been looking forward to going to major tournaments outside Chile...
And until now, there wasn't any chance really.
I hope I can make it to this, Holland is amazing <3

@Slhoka: how come you know I was in Finland? Is it, by any chance, Samo's fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom