• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Brawl Power Ranking [Updated Ranking! Winter 2012-2013 Season (MK Legal)]

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
The BC Brawl community is continuing to grow at a rapid pace, and this has been a very big season for us. We hosted our first tournament with out of province players (<3 Alberta), saw some very interesting results at locals, and a handful of our players have traveled to multiple US tournaments, putting our community on the map in Northwestern America. We've lost a few players, but gained far more over the months, and this trend is looking to continue into the new year. Let's make 2011 another year to remember. =]

Criteria
- Tournament Placing: This is the most important one. Without good tournament placing, it does not matter how well you do in friendlies, you will not be on the list. When it comes down to it, tournaments bring the best (and the worst) out of people, and it also brings out all the important qualities of a player such as startegic play, good counter picking and so on. Along with tournament placing, it is also important to note consistent tournament placing. If, lets say, someone gets second one tournament, and then completely bombs and gets 9th the next tournament, chances are they will not be ranked based on the second place finish.

- Activity: Doing well in a few tournaments is good and all, but if you only enter two within the year, then chances are you won't be ranked as high later on in the year. Players change, and if you do not show that you are improving as well by not showing up to events, then it can be assumed that the players who are consistently showing up are surpassing your skill level.

- The word of good/known players: This one is not as important, because people can be biased. However, it will be noted if someone good puts in the good word for you. This can come from friendlies, money matches and of course tournament matches.

- Miscellaneous stuff: This basically is just how well you do in friendlies and money matches. This is the least important criteria, because people are known to sandbag (even in money matches >_>). Although sometimes this section can be the determiner for very close picks, so be sure to keep your game up at all times.

Panelists
Big D | Captain L | Firefly
The List
Though monthly tournaments have been somewhat more sparse since September, the competition in the Brawl community has continued to strengthen. A lot of the players ranked on the previous list have become inactive for various reasons, but a new and very strong mid-level has developed to take its place. The size of the ranking is smaller than it was before due to the fact that results past the top 7 have a fair amount of inconsistency in both performance and attendance which, taken with how spread out our recent tournaments have been, made it difficult to determine placements past 7th. This change gives us a ranking that emphasizes quality over quantity; in my opinion at least, every single player on the current PR has demonstrated significant improvement since September and has earned their position on the list. Know that even if you didn't make it on this version, there are numerous talented players who didn't make the cut, and by continuing to improve and pull out wins at tournaments, you can very well earn a spot on our next ranking.

This ranking considers every local tournament since our September monthly, though recent achievements are given more weight than distant ones, and unlike the previous ranking, this list is MK-legal. Huge shoutouts to Big D for the fantastic image, with the theme of bosses from the Kirby series.

~~~~~
Condensed version:
~ == ~ 1) Big D :popo:
~ ^1 ~ 2) Firefly :metaknight:
~ v1 ~ 3) Captain L :pikachu2:
~New~ 4) -H- :wolf:
~New~ 5) Neebee :marth:
~ ^2 ~ 6) Kantrip :diddy:
~New~ 7) Aleate :peach:

~~~~~
Previous Lists:

[collapse=Previous List]
1) Big D
:popo:
:wario:
:snake:
:dedede:

2) Captain L
:pikachu2:

3) Firefly :yoshi2: :diddy: :dk2:
4) Drake :rob:
5) Blue Yoshi :gw: :jigglypuff:
6) Deap :olimar:
7) Jason :rob:
8) Kantrip :diddy:
9) Sinister :wolf:
10) Crisis :falco:[/collapse]
[collapse=Third List]
~ ^1 ~ 1) Bundtcake :rob: :kirby2:
~ ^8 ~ 2) Blue Yoshi :gw:
~ ^1 ~ 3) Firefly :yoshi2:
~ v 1 ~ 4) breez :metaknight:
~ v 4 ~ 5) Clouderz :metaknight:
~New~ 6) Asa :olimar: :wario:
~New~ 7) Captain L :pikachu2:
~ v 3 ~ 8) Defender :bowser2: :wario:
~New~ 9) Max113 :snake:
~ v 3 ~ 10) Karupin :kirby2: :metaknight:[/collapse]

[collapse=Second List]
~New~ 1) Clouderz :metaknight:
~ v 1 ~ 2) bundtcake :rob: :kirby2:
~ v 1 ~ 3) breez :metaknight: :snake:
~ v 1 ~ 4) Firefly :yoshi2:
~New~ 5) Defender :warioc: :bowser2:
~New~ 6) Ewic :samus2: :snake:
~ ^ 2~ 7) Karupin :kirby2:
~ == ~ 8) Ced :snake:
~New~ 9) Deap :metaknight:
~ v 4 ~ 10) Blue Yoshi :gw:[/collapse]

[collapse=First List]
1) bundtcake :rob: :kirby2:
2) breez :metaknight: :snake:
3) Firefly :yoshi2:
4) smash_mash :metaknight:
5) LFL :marth:
6) Blue Yoshi :gw:
7) T-Pain :snake: :dk2:
8) Ced :metaknight: :snake:
9) Karupin :kirby2:
10) ikool :diddy:[/collapse]

~~~~~
At this point, the list will be updated at the discretion of the panelists, when we believe we have enough information to accurately and significantly update the rankings. The next update will probably occur around the end of April, after the next Phoenix, as long as the attendance is large enough.

I do not want to see any flaming in this thread. We are a close-knit community, and if I see anybody posting mean things...I will be very disappointed. D= Seriously though, don't. I doubt it will be a problem, but I want this to be a nice, happy thread, that any Yoshi could be proud of. That said, I highly encourage people to use this as a (non-spammy) social thread; in particular, if anybody is hosting any smash events or anything, I think it would be cool to post them here, where it's easy to find, as opposed to having it become lost in a tournament thread somewhere.

Credit for this thread goes out to Dynamism's old PR thread, which got us talking about getting this organized, even if it was partially a joke thread. =P I also derived the format from the Alberta Brawl PR thread (I copypasta'd the criteria; it fits pretty well). Finally, I'd like to thank...

All of you!

Updates

Jan. 26 - PR image courtesy of bundt ^.^
Feb. 5 - Sign ups for TourneyPlay...
Feb. 15 - TourneyPlay stuff removed. Good stuff B.C. =]
Mar. 20 - PR has been updated. Image coming soon.
Jan. 3 - PR finally updated! Image coming within a week.
Feb. 10 - Okay, so I lied before, but we definitely have an Image now.
Jun. 1, 2012 - It's alive~! Version 4 updated.
Mar. 16, 2013 - Version 5 updated.

:005:

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Sweet. Good stuff in organizing this thread! Lookin forward to future tourneys!

Edit: I also thought that BluntedObject10 should have a spot on there. If we were to make a more character specific list, his Mario would definitely be on there.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
does Bluntedobject 10 not place well in this?

also, should've got the panelists to post 1st lol
Eh, it'll be fine.

Eric was definitely in contention to be on there, but he just missed the cut. I'm sure he'll start to climb if he keeps playing though.

Edit: Kesh, it was entirely your fault he's not on there. =P Like I said, it was really close between you, him, and like, the 3 above you.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
We think Eric is pretty good too, considering he seems to be just getting into it now. He just hasn't quite proven himself in tournament yet. If you practiced, you could probably get up there after a bit as well. =]

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
well..i have to say as well...i def thought eric deserved a place on this PR....i know if i wouldn't have beat him, he prob would have made 4th....but this is good motivation for all players...to keep practicing and to gain their spot on this list...i will try to get a higher rank next tournament as well....im coming for you bryan.. :p...lol
anyways congrats to all who are on the PR list...i know a lot of effort has been put in to this...and i can def understand it must have been some hard choices to make...
on a side note...i just might come to overture instead this weekend..

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
haha lol in before Hadouken complains about his mains :p

As for my mains... well, I'll just play as many characters next tourney to get them as mains as well :p
Karupin...NOT HADOUKEN
also idc that much about how they mistook me for a fox main....i find it kind of funny though since i didnt use him once in the brackets

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
yeah. i'm one of those guys who you would catch complaining about how stupid brawl is 24/7. I'm a little more tolerant now, so i'll try my best at this game.

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
LMAO!! whats up with that PR picture??? ok now i feel like im playing an 8 year old's game...LOL..comon man dont make me quit... :p (jk)

btw sion isnt gonna play brawl...if he does show up at a tourney, that would be the day.....umm...(thinks for a min)
nah hes just not ever going...

ikool

Smash Apprentice
BC is starting to become a quaint little village of Brawl players now, isn't it?

Ps: Props to Bundt for awesome PR :3

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Trevor, due to the lolz factor involved (and everyone else following me), I will always call you Hadouken :p

My mains should be GaW and Sheik (though I never used sheik since I never came across a Snake / Fox / Wolf / Ike player (among other characters I use Sheik to counter), hence me not using Sheik in the tourney (I think I used her once...). But at the moment, GaW is my main, with Sheik as my second.

edit: I can press the B button. Does that make me a MK main as well? :p jk :)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
LOL Corbin! Poor DK... Haven't seen you in ages!

Jack From Alberta AKA KillLock Wins With Marth In Brawl Singles And Doubles Tournaments Get A Him

Well I'm pretty sure I know where I'd be now LOL

Btw, Blunted will be on this list if he plays more. Last I checked he was going all Mario (but that was a long time ago) and if so, I'll go all Bowser only to defeat Mario! MUHAHAHAHA

I agree with Sion.
Brawl isn't a bad thing, but it becomes a bad thing if it's in the way of melee (AKA Jan 30th) so must wait for a time where it is not a bad thing (AKA not in the way of melee) then good...

Oh, and I'm coming for you ERIC/VINCE/SION/BRAWLERS!

breez

Smash Ace
Vincent, you MUST come to OV5 you big noob! We will have to give your spot to LFL otherwise :p

Asa, we all agreed that your skill is least represented by the PR. Please preform well in tournies - we all think you are easily a contender for 4th place right now.

Also, of course blunted should be on the PR, he just hasn't preformed yet ;) I am expecting him to do very mean things to the BC brawl community :)

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Vincent, you MUST come to OV5 you big noob! We will have to give your spot to LFL otherwise :p

Asa, we all agreed that your skill is least represented by the PR. Please preform well in tournies - we all think you are easily a contender for 4th place right now.

Also, of course blunted should be on the PR, he just hasn't preformed yet ;) I am expecting him to do very mean things to the BC brawl community :)
I got this! =D

unityole

Smash Lord
Vincent has a shot at winning top 3 of the Bot20 BC singles, it helps melee community grow by making low level players play against people at their own skill level. If I am correct Vince will be attending the SFU melee only tournament on the 30th.

smash mash

Smash Apprentice

well i was thinking about going to overture...but i would prefer going with a ride...kinda sucks going all the way to UBC in public transit...besides overture is not really a big tourney or anything...and i had already told jack and other smashers i was coming to melee on the 30th...and NO!! LFL or ASA can take 4th...cause im gonna be 1st!! GG..Lol :p, i dont intend to stop playing brawl..but i dont intend to stop playing melee either...and if there are tourney's on the same day...ill go to which ever is the biggest...or which ever i feel like playing...

BTW!!!....ATTENTION PLEASE!!...brawl smashfest at my place friday...if anybody wanna come...please let me know in advance...i think it would be great to help train for OV5...

on a side note...im prob gonna main G&W as well...

kuraudo my Money is gonna be on erick btw...no offence..i just think hes gonna start ****** in brawl really soon...

no Jack i AM gonna win that low player tourney!!! no johns!!

Top Bottom