• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/HOPE --- July 10th-11th Pittsburgh, PA! CHECK FOR LIVESTREAM LINK!

M@v

Subarashii!
/HOPE​

LIVESTREAM LINK:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/m-v

Smash has come yet again to Pittsburgh, and its hopeless to try and resist! /hope is the 3rd Pittsburgh tourney I've hosted, and I plan this to be the biggest yet!
For those of you going to APEX 2010(Which will be the most awesome national tourney EVER), this is will be a great opportunity for tourney experience leading up to it!

Btw, if your wondering where the title came from, simply watch this :)
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1877193

BRING SETUPS! WE NEED THEM TO MAKE THIS RUN SMOOTHLY!

What?
A 2 day, MELEE AND BRAWL Pittsburgh smash extravaganza!

Where?
Clarence Fugh Memorial Hall
27 Crescent Ave.
Etna, PA
http://www.etnavfd.org/fugh.html
This is the same venue as the previous 2 Pittsburgh tourneys!!!!
Also, there will be free soda again ^_^.

When?
Saturday, July 10th and Sunday, July 11th

Fees?
$5 Venue fee(Covers you for BOTH days!)
$10 Brawl Singles
$20 Brawl Doubles(per team)
$10 Melee Singles
$20 Melee Doubles(per team)

Payouts will very likely be 60-30-10 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively.

Schedule:

Saturday, July 10th - Brawl

9:30-noon: Registration/Friendlies(both games if setups allow)
noon~2:00 :Brawl Doubles
2:00-?: Brawl pools if needed, and Singles immediately after.
We will probably be at the venue until about 8 or 9, so friendlies will be after. If we have a Lot of time after Brawl singles(like 4+ hours), we will do Crew battles/low tier tourney.

Sunday July 11th - Melee
11-noon: Registration/Friendlies(both games if setups allow)
noon~2:00: Melee doubles
2:30-?: Melee singles
We will probably be at the venue until about 8 or 9, so friendlies will be after. If we have a Lot of time after melee singles(like 4+ hours), we will do a low tier tourney/crew battles

BRAWL RULE SET:

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Ledge grab rule: There will be a 50 ledge grab rule in place. A player is not allowed to grab the ledge more than 50 times in one match. If and only if the match ends in a timeout and a player is over the limit, he forfeits the match.

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* Stalling is banned.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. Player announces one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set(This happens after the 2nd match as well)
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

APEX 2010 rule(will be applied here as well):If the the losing player chooses to cp random stage(it will be a random neutral) both player must stay their respective characters.

Addtional Team rules:
* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON

STAGE LIST:

Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counters
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

All other stages are BANNED.

MELEE RULE SET

* Items are set to off.
* Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
* Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
* Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
* Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players agree to it, including banned stages.
* Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. Player announces one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set(This happens after the 2nd match as well)
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Addtional Team rules:
* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON

Stage list

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

HOUSING

Smashers offering housing
-Jarvitz?
-CREWS

Buford: 2 people can house with him FREE. Lives in cranberry, about 25-30 mins from the venue. Pm him for details if your interested.

More to come: waiting on people to get back to me.

Hotels

Hotwire.com: Type in 15201 as the area code, and the nights you would stay. Gives you a HUGE list.

Pittsburgh Days-Inn Harmarville. $60 per night. 6.57 miles from venue. Its all highway driving so its only like a 10 minute drive.
http://travela.priceline.com/hotel/...0a1f03010a201005070554139BE811519175&plf=PCLN

Quality Inn University Center. $96 a night. 3.7 miles from the venue
http://travela.priceline.com/hotel/...0a1f03010a201005070554139BE811519175&plf=PCLN

Any questions? Pm me, post up, or call me (412)-855-1473

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
I'll be there with a brawl setup, and possibly a tv. If it's two days, I'll be there for both most likely.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
+hype
/hope

:093:

jarvitz

Smash Apprentice
I'm in; I can probably bring 1 brawl set up, and 1 melee set up (2 melee if my wii counts and i find a second disk). If needed, I could bring some stuff for a low quality stream.

M@v

Subarashii!
Quick question for the melee guys:

Do you want me to use the same ruleset that APEX 2010 is using? I dont know how many of you are planning to attend it. The Brawl rules are pretty much the same as APEX's minus the fact Im allowing more ledge grabs.

jarvitz

Smash Apprentice
Quick question for the melee guys:

Do you want me to use the same ruleset that APEX 2010 is using? I dont know how many of you are planning to attend it. The Brawl rules are pretty much the same as APEX's minus the fact Im allowing more ledge grabs.
that probably would be a good idea

M@v

Subarashii!
I might have to change brawl rules a tad. Alex is using a modified cp system. But there's a rule where your cping, and you say the next stage is random, both people have to stay as their respective characters.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Finally, a tourney that's not during something I have planned. Expect me there, I'm putting this in my calendar now.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
@GwJ - Do you have a way of getting there already? @_@

Inform da crew yo >.>

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I'm totally down with apex rules for melee; while I miss my mute city, I'm willing to sacrifice it for stage striking and getting stadium the **** away from my first round :)

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
God I hope that LoCal can go to this since we missed the last one.

M@v

Subarashii!
Start making arrangements now. Talk to your parents and try to make sure that weekend is clear thats all.
Its how I settle it with my parents for long range trips. Well, that and getting off from work XD. They really don't mind me going TOO far(Im 19, so its like meh). Its just usually
I'm using their car for the long trips.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Hmm...after Otronicon, this will seem much easier. I don't really like the serious tourney stuff, but I might swing by since it's kind of hard to find a good challenge around here.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Oh, my bad. I forgot that you automatically suck unless you're a registered member of Smashboards. :ohwell:

Seriously, the Rob and Pit at SCS were really good, but there's no comparing them to the top ranking players at that event. Especially that one crazy Snake player.

M@v

Subarashii!
Oh, my bad. I forgot that you automatically suck unless you're a registered member of Smashboards. :ohwell:

Seriously, the Rob and Pit at SCS were really good, but there's no comparing them to the top ranking players at that event. Especially that one crazy Snake player.
The snake your referring to is Radix I believe.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
I don't forgive him. He should know better than that by now. Your skill increases tenfold, by making an account on this site. This should be common knowledge, people. =/

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Maybe, but that doesn't mean anything when there were so many smashboarders who didn't even make top 16. For the record, I don't count myself as one, since I mostly come here to look for tournaments.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Tournaments are one thing on SmashBoards, but let's not play with words. Most of the people go to this forum for gameplay strategies.

And we're on for that item match.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I might try and be at this. I am trying to get into all the tournies since I finally moved to the states.

All I have to go on is beating my friends so when I found out about this site at Katsucon I joined. Seriously this site has helped me a heck of a lot more then if I continued to just pound my friends. And I found out I was at a tournament once at Otakon and I went against Cafe in it. O_O I got creamed but I was glad to find out I got creamed by the best if that means anything.

So I'll try and see ya there in Pittsburg.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I might try and be at this. I am trying to get into all the tournies since I finally moved to the states.

All I have to go on is beating my friends so when I found out about this site at Katsucon I joined. Seriously this site has helped me a heck of a lot more then if I continued to just pound my friends. And I found out I was at a tournament once at Otakon and I went against Cafe in it. O_O I got creamed but I was glad to find out I got creamed by the best if that means anything.

So I'll try and see ya there in Pittsburg.
Its Pittsburgh.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Colaya, just forget it. It's hopeless.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Yeah, I guess you're right, lol. I've even seen it mispelled on bus tickets. -.- But anyway... We still have to do those Marth/Sonic matches... And maybe some more Ike/Jigglypuff matches like last year at Apex. XD

Also, umbra.... $20 MM?

Top Bottom