• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/HOPE --- July 10th-11th Pittsburgh, PA! LIVESTREAM LINK IN THREAD!

M@v

Subarashii!
/HOPE​

LIVESTREAM LINK:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/m-v

Smash has come yet again to Pittsburgh, and its hopeless to try and resist! /hope is the 3rd Pittsburgh tourney I've hosted, and I plan this to be the biggest yet!
For those of you going to APEX 2010(Which will be the most awesome national tourney EVER), this is will be a great opportunity for tourney experience leading up to it!

Btw, if your wondering where the title came from, simply watch this :)
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1877193

BRING SETUPS! WE NEED THEM TO MAKE THIS RUN SMOOTHLY!

What?
A 2 day, MELEE AND BRAWL Pittsburgh smash extravaganza!

Where?
Clarence Fugh Memorial Hall
27 Crescent Ave.
Etna, PA
http://www.etnavfd.org/fugh.html
This is the same venue as the previous 2 Pittsburgh tourneys!!!!
Also, there will be free soda again ^_^.

When?
Saturday, July 10th and Sunday, July 11th

Fees?
$5 Venue fee(Covers you for BOTH days!)
$10 Brawl Singles
$20 Brawl Doubles(per team)
$10 Melee Singles
$20 Melee Doubles(per team)

Payouts will very likely be 60-30-10 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively.

Schedule:

Saturday, July 10th - Brawl

9:30-noon: Registration/Friendlies(both games if setups allow)
noon~2:00 :Brawl Doubles
2:00-?: Brawl pools if needed, and Singles immediately after.
We will probably be at the venue until about 9-10pm this night, so any time after brawl singles is friendlies

Sunday July 11th - Melee
11-noon: Registration/Friendlies(both games if setups allow)
noon~2:00: Melee doubles
2:30-?: Melee singles
We will probably be at the venue until about 8 or 9, so friendlies will be after. If we have a Lot of time after melee singles(like 4+ hours), we will do a low tier tourney/crew battles

BRAWL RULE SET:

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Ledge grab rule: There will be a 50 ledge grab rule in place. A player is not allowed to grab the ledge more than 50 times in one match. If and only if the match ends in a timeout and a player is over the limit, he forfeits the match.

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* Stalling is banned.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. Player announces one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set(This happens after the 2nd match as well)
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

APEX 2010 rule(will be applied here as well):If the the losing player chooses to cp random stage(it will be a random neutral) both player must stay their respective characters.

Addtional Team rules:
* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON

STAGE LIST:

Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counters
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

All other stages are BANNED.

MELEE RULE SET

* Items are set to off.
* Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
* Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
* Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
* Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players agree to it, including banned stages.
* Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. Player announces one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set(This happens after the 2nd match as well)
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Addtional Team rules:
* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON

Stage list

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

HOUSING

Smashers offering housing
-Jarvitz?
-CREWS

Buford: 2 people can house with him FREE. Lives in cranberry, about 25-30 mins from the venue. Pm him for details if your interested.

More to come: waiting on people to get back to me.

Hotels

Hotwire.com: Type in 15201 as the area code, and the nights you would stay. Gives you a HUGE list.

Pittsburgh Days-Inn Harmarville. $60 per night. 6.57 miles from venue. Its all highway driving so its only like a 10 minute drive.
http://travela.priceline.com/hotel/...0a1f03010a201005070554139BE811519175&plf=PCLN

Quality Inn University Center. $96 per night. 3.7 miles from the venue
http://travela.priceline.com/hotel/...0a1f03010a201005070554139BE811519175&plf=PCLN

Any questions? Pm me, post up, or call me (412)-855-1473

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
/hope.

If I'm in PA that weekend, I'll be there.

There was free soda last time?

edit: is that actually you hungrybox? I wouldn't be surpised if Mav hyped his own tourney by using your account LOL. It's what PA does.

M@v

Subarashii!
/hope.

If I'm in PA that weekend, I'll be there.

There was free soda last time?

edit: is that actually you hungrybox? I wouldn't be surpised if Mav hyped his own tourney by using your account LOL. It's what PA does.
Nah. That's him. I hang out with him here in Florida now

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
DUDE.

YES.

+hype
/hope

:093:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
I'll be winning this because by this time my Snake will actually be good enough. And this also depends on if LoCal can go which hopefully we can instead of just Fishy going.

M@v

Subarashii!
Quick question for the melee guys:

Do you want me to use the same ruleset that APEX 2010 is using? I dont know how many of you are planning to attend it. The Brawl rules are pretty much the same as APEX's minus the fact Im allowing more ledge grabs.

M@v

Subarashii!
Im going to make one or two changes to the rulesets tomorrow, to reflect APEX's rulesets. The main Brawl difference is that theres an extra CP thing: when your cping, and after the ban you decide the next cp is a random neutral, both players have to stay as their respective characters. I verified this with Alex over aim.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I hope I can go to this, haha. I miss my Phoenix shenanigans <33

"Sonic's such a nice guy! Even when he wins he offers you cake and asks you to play again sometime!"

:093:

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
It's hooooopelesssss!
Aha, I might try to make this.

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah, I'm very happy with the initial response. Not a lot of the locals for brawl have even responded yet as well :).

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
heres an idea, instead of holding a tourney in pitts where everyone has to travel to, have umbra hold a tourney closer to everyone else and just get a single car carpool goin from pittsburgh to lol, itl be no different

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Items MM? Now you're talking my language. While we're at it, how about a $2 single elimination items tourney? Something to get warmed up on. The same rules for every tournament is so boring. I'll consider this event, but I'm not making any promises until characters like RHCP, Jarvitz, and Uzi start showing up. If they go, I have to represent Man Brawl.

Top Bottom