• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link's hitbubbles (HITBUBBLES ARE UP!)

Toon Link's HitBubbles

First things first, a nice quote from SauceKay on the progress of the hitbubbles.

SauceKay said:
First thing's first, they are NOT complete.

Got everything done except projectiles. I didn't want to release it without having it 100% done, but I don't see projectiles getting done anytime soon. Sorry. I'm not going to make a video until it's complete, and I ask you to please not make videos yet either. It would be sooo incomplete without his projectiles (This is TL, after all). Also, You obviously need to have a hacked wii to get this to work.

When I get more insight on how to do projectiles, I'll get to them right away, make videos, and update this thread.

Here's the DL link to the .pac file:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FVPTBQZF

.pac for invincibility(the attacks are NOT complete in this one, just the invincibility):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CAGEVEO5
He wrote that a long, long time ago. Times have changed since then, and I've been given permission by him to post them. Adding on to what he said, things that are missing, other than TL's projectiles, are Toon Link's Ledge Attack (Above 100%) and his Grab. The invincibility frames are up, but I haven't done anything with them yet.

If you want to check out the hitbubbles for yourself, the links are in the quote. If you need help making it run, click here. It's the same process as putting in textures, but instead of adding textures (.pcs files), you just throw the hitbubbles file (.pac files) in your character's folder.

HitBubbles Time!!

Click here to see the video.

Now for the real fun.

Jab

First Hit

Second Hit

Third Hit

F-Tilt

D-Tilt

U-Tilt

F-Smash

First Hit

Second Hit

D-Smash

U-Smash

Arrows [Hitbubbles Not Made]

Boomerang [Hitbubbles Not Made]

Bombs [Hitbubbles CANNOT be Made]

UpB (Grounded)

The hitboxes stay on his sword as he spins around.

Rage.

UpB (Aerial)

Unlike the Grounded UpB, the hitbox disappears when he turns around. The hitboxes only hit in the direction that TL initially faces. They don't hit behind him.

Last hit is full of rage.

Nair

Fair

Bair

Uair

Dair

The two hitbubbles on the side are wind hitboxes.

Zair

Dash Attack

Grab [Hitbubbles Not Made]

Get Up Attack

I took the next picture facing the other way, and it looks like he's slashing at one side. My mistake!

Ledge Attack (Below 100%)

Ledge Attack (Above 100%) [Hitbubbles Not Made]

HUGE thanks to SauceKay for doing the difficult, confusing, and time-consuming task of actually creating the hitbubbles, and for giving me control of the thread.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Yeah, you put the .pac in your textures folder and you'll be playing with hitbubbles.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Pretty sure you can't do hitbubbles for projectiles. So tl is done. Pics/vid :(

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
You can do hitbubbles for projectiles, they're just far more complicated. I've been told Sheik's have been done.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
i think it would be to dumb to do hit bubbles for projectiles.

theres so many dif options and ways u can use them. there really aint nothing to know. if u get hit u get hit by them.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Same goes for all of his other moves.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I might be able to get help from the person who make Sheik's or someone else who's working on projectiles.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The last hit of Up-B has so much rage.

I guess I could make a video of the stuff so far since I can't even work on projectiles. =/

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Do it. Btw, I have been dead this past few days :/. Thats why Im not visiting much.

PS- Dead as in sleeping all day for some reason :S.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Also, I THINK I have another file with TL's invincibility frames, but I'll have to go check again.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It doesn't freeze it for me. >_>

I did the grab hitbubble and it looks fine on my Wii.

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
hmm, weird....The only time it doesnt freeze is if I grab up close.

Otherwise, the second the hookshot comes out, the game freezes :\

edit: i just removed all the other files in the "ToonLink" folder that might've conflicted with the hitbubbles file but it still froze >.>

so if anyone has any suggestions that would fix this, thatd be great

VietGeek

Smash Hero
You can do hitbubbles for projectiles, they're just far more complicated. I've been told Sheik's have been done.
Sheik's needles are part of her character .pac. I'm not very knowledgeable in this area of expertise, but if the projectile in question is comes from an external source (basically the common3.pac which holds item data) then as far as I know it is extremely difficult for the average user to do if not for all practical purposes not possible at the time.

Bombs are items in common3.pac.

You should be able to do arrows and boomerang, but they are articles and might not have enough free space to edit the bubbles in. Also if the Article offsets aren't PSA compatible I don't think you can add new Events in to their offsets, thus you can't add the hitbubble glow effect.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Though I am exited for this, I don't entirely believe this hitbubble thing. I saw one for MKs Fsmash and it showed he has no hitbox on the back of his body. He does. I looked at it more and there were a lot of hitbubbles that were off.

Still would be helpful though.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Sheik's needles are part of her character .pac. I'm not very knowledgeable in this area of expertise, but if the projectile in question is comes from an external source (basically the common3.pac which holds item data) then as far as I know it is extremely difficult for the average user to do if not for all practical purposes not possible at the time.

Bombs are items in common3.pac.

You should be able to do arrows and boomerang, but they are articles and might not have enough free space to edit the bubbles in. Also if the Article offsets aren't PSA compatible I don't think you can add new Events in to their offsets, thus you can't add the hitbubble glow effect.
Oh. This sucks then. ._.;

Though I am exited for this, I don't entirely believe this hitbubble thing. I saw one for MKs Fsmash and it showed he has no hitbox on the back of his body. He does. I looked at it more and there were a lot of hitbubbles that were off.

Still would be helpful though.
I tested them and checked for errors repeatedly. They should be right.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The only big thing that I learned was that the last hit of TL's Up-B has a LOT of range. >_>

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Yeah! Tink now>>>Metaknight!

I think seeing the Utilt will help me though. Still not exactly sure everywhere it hits.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Hmm. So I had a thought. If you don't know already, I can't test it.
Anyway, Fox's Dair beats MK's glide attack because glide attack doesn't have uber priority and Dair is a multi hitting move. What happens is, the initial hit of Dair clanks or goes even with glide attack and then the rest of the hits connect. So would our Up-B grounded and/or aerial beat glide attack? Maybe not because the initial hits are quite weak, but still I'd be interested to find out.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I punished MKs grounded glide attack with grounded UpB OoS a lot one MM. Not sure but I don't think it should've worked...

Aerial prolly though. Too DIable to be safe, so I still wouldn't.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Again you can't just DI out of up b most of the time. You have to be DIing it at the very beginning or else it's hard

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
Its a matter of opinion what you are willing to do, maybe you're playing someone who wont catch on, or maybe you're playing against someone with a vast amount of knowledge about the game.. Risk vs Reward, you decide. That's why I said it is worth a shot but IF they do know how to tap DI they will most likely go for the opportunity to punish us back.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
DI downwards and out from TL and ASDI/SDI the same direction. With vBrawl's hitlag constant you won't have to kill two GCN controllers to do so and be able to retaliate in time (unless you're fat, Bowser <_<).

TL's UpB has transcendent priority like MK's standard moves. You cannot clash with anything; you'll trade hits at best. So no it isn't suppose to outright beat out glide attack.

Still funny that Glide Attack is like the only aerial attack that outright can clank with stuff.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Really? Hmm. I don't know, I guess I could look at the file again. =/

Uhhh SauceKay,

Do you mind if I do the hitbubbles pictures?

I was gonna get pictures of the hitbubbles for the guide. I could make a short video too. Is that okay, or should I wait?

Top Bottom