• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragon King = Smash Bros

Dr.MarioX

Smash Apprentice
If you never knew, Smash Bros was once a game called "Kakuto-Geemu Ryuoh" (Dragon King: The Fighting Game) during it's prototype. It was the same concept, but without Nintendo characters.

They all look like Captain Falcon...

The game didn't sound like a big project, to be honest, but it did become the great big series of Smash Bros we all play. But then there's Project Sora.

This is a game project developed by Sora Ltd. set for a 2011 release. Something about this made we wonder...Could this be Dragon King? Or is it something else?

Here's what a room in the Project Sora's Studio looks like.

LWould you like to see Dragon King? Is it a new Kirby? Let's Discuss.​

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ryu-Oh would only happen (assuming it would) is if Sakurai left Nintendo again and designed it as a spiritual successor to Super Smash Bros.

It comforts me to see that they have arcade sticks over there.

kr3wman

Smash Master
What is this thread about?

I know Sakurai is developing a new game with Project Sora, but I'm pretty sure you can't make threads based on speculations of a new game.

finalark

SNORLAX
Unless Nintendo decided to let it become a regular franchise.
HA!

Nintendo has an allergy to anything that's "unsafe" and isn't 100% garenteed to sell. Ever notice how they rarely put out new franchises? That's why.

Anyway, so it could be a new fighting that resembles older games such as Street Fighter. Granted it wasn't until I clicked on this thread that I even knew that Sora was up to anything new, so I don't know much about the project.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
what did sakurai botch again?
Although he wasn't the only one to make design decisions, Brawl had tripping, lower speeds, almost non-existent hitstun, general floatiness, etc. Personally I like Brawl, and I'm glad that we didn't get a Melee clone. Most people don't agree with me, though, so we get stupid posts in threads like this. >_<

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to Project Sora's new game, whatever it may be.

Edit: Just realized that what I said seemed to imply that you were a complete Noob, Krewman. My bad, I was just saying my opinion. XD

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Dragon King is what turned into Smash Bros. I doubt Sakurai would bring that old concept up, when it's already taken form as Smash Bros., and with much higher sales than something with a name like "Dragon King" would've gotten too.

I don't think Project Sora is a fighter. It's just one of those things that you really can't predict.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Dragon King is what turned into Smash Bros. I doubt Sakurai would bring that old concept up, when it's already taken form as Smash Bros., and with much higher sales than something with a name like "Dragon King" would've gotten too.

I don't think Project Sora is a fighter. It's just one of those things that you really can't predict.
They have arcade sticks only 2 competitive game types I can think of are played with sticks, fighters, and mech games.

kr3wman

Smash Master
yeah, they have arcade sticks.

ALONG WITH A 360, A PS3, A N64 AND A SFAMICOM

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
They have arcade sticks only 2 competitive game types I can think of are played with sticks, fighters, and mech games.
Yes, they have arcade sticks in the room with the PS3, Xbox, and the Wii. I'm pretty sure that's the rec room, where they go to chill on their breaks. Game developers enjoy gaming too!

Top Bottom