• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATHF Presents: The Legend of SOVAman, NEW VENUE, Hagerstown, MD 3/20 Ft: Pools+Yugioh

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hey all,

Welcome to the new line of Hagerstown tournaments! This one is at a NEW venue!

When: Saturday, March, 20th 2010

Where:
Hagerstown Community College
11400 Robinwood Drive
Hagerstown, MD

Schedule:
11:00 A.M.: Registration for Singles + Doubles
11:45 A.M.: Seeding begins for teams
12:00 P.M. Teams Begins
3:30 Brawl Singles Pools**
Brawl Singles Bracket will begin as soon as pools are completed.
Yugioh will be happening amidst both tournaments and being played when available.

**Brawl Singles Will begin most likely while teams grand finals is taking place. This means it might start earlier or later than the slated time.

About Pools: Pools will ideally narrow down our Entrants to a small bracket. If we have 25 entrants or less, we'll do an 8 man bracket. >25 will get us a 16 man bracket. What and how many will be determined when we get there.

Fee:
$5 Dollar venue fee
$10 for singles
$20 dollars for team (10 per person)
$5 for Yugioh

If you bring a full setup your venue fee is waived! A full setup = TV + Wii + Brawl.

Payouts

Singles:
1st 50%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%
4th 5%
5th 2.5%
5th 2.5%

Teams:
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

Yugioh:
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

Rules: (these are pretty standard)
* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Sets best of 3
Finals will be played best of 5.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port or to save on time you could just agree to something on your own. If there is a conflict in singles, RPS will come into effect as well.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined by stock then percentage. If percentage is the same then a 1 stock tie breaker match will be played using the same characters and same stage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* Since Bowsercide is completely port dependent. Bowser automatically wins if he uses bowsercide to get the final KO regardless of port or who the game says to be the winner.

* You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

* Ganon/Dedede/Kirbyciding- This results in a one-stock run off, regardless of who the game says is the winner (unless the person broke out at the last second and kirby/d3 died first). Ganon losing/tieing is controller port dependent.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 200% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

* There will be a 40 ledge grab rule in this tournament for singles. This will come into play if the time runs out. If the timer runs out, and a person has over 40 ledge grabs, they will lose regardless of the outcome.

* There will be a combined 80 ledge grab rule in teams PER TEAM. This will come into play if the time runs out. If the timer runs out, and a team has over 80 ledge grabs combined, they will lose regardless of the outcome.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Players pick character. Double blind pick may be called
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned from counterpicks or neutrals for the set
4. The first game is played on a stage that both players agree on. If agreement cannot be made then random stage from neutrals.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON

Additional Rules

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock then percentages. If the percentages are the same then a 1 stock tie breaker match will be played with same characters and same stage. At no time will sudden death be played.

Wiimotes and classic controllers are allowed but we would prefer if you used gamecube. You are responsible for your controller. Take any necessary actions to prevent interference such as removing batteries.

*Don't be douche.

Stage Lists

Starter Stages: (each player may strike a stage for the first game of each set)

Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield

Counterpick stages: (each player receives 2 bans per set, of which only 1 of those bans can be a neutral)

Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island DS
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
**Rainbow Cruise**
**Pokemon Stadium 2**
**Jungle Japes**

PS2 is back, Lets see how it does. Norfair is still banned, but Japes is back as well.

Please read the above information carefully. By participating, you are agreeing to follow all rules. Any failure to do so can and will result in you being asked to leave (no refund). Also by participating you are agreeing not to hold us responsible for any property or personal loss or damage.

IMPORTANT

I want at least 50 people at this. This is AN AMAZING VENUE! Please come check it out. We had 40 at the last big tourney here.

Yugioh Rules:

Advanced Format
Best 2 of 3
Double Elimination
Standard in-game rules, for ruling questions VanillaWaffle, EEvisu, and I are the judges or anyone we appoint to be a judge

Interest List (47):

Tantalus
Waffle
KageMurphy
Bloodynite
SOVAman
Oh.
Poyo
metalmonstar
herfderf
BMX
Lightning Tiger
Takeover
K-9
Pink Fresh
ChuDat
llamapaste
YO
Zander
Bert
Noraa
Btree
Jbandit
Lie
Ice
Meep
Yoster
Kojin
zeminia
Ghenghis Pot
Hova
3rd Ice Climber
Honor
Alpha Zealot
HAT
Forte
B0NK
Sin
Deez
Logic
Korn
G-regulate
SASSY
Coney
Boss
U-MOS
Relm
Candy

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I play multiply on your kuriboh, then respond with windstorm of etaqua and change them all into attack mode

Also, I heard SOVAMAN will be at this tournament.

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
lolz i remember this place xD this was where i played my 1st tourney eva!!! lolz i might go depends if my mom will let me drive that far..... DUDE BRING MELEE SO WE CAN DO OUR MM!!

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
THIS TOURNEY HAS YU-GI-OH?!?!?!

If only I lived in Maryland and I had my full Spirit Deck >.<

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Okay, this is going to sound stupid, but I know nothing about Yugioh. How do you all get your names for your decks? Are there like premade decks that you just tweek?

It has been years since I played yugioh and back then matches would never finish because we would argue about what a cards effect was.

Coney

Smash Master
also if ps2 is going to come back i highly suggest everyone ban it on anyone that you might even think have a pocket g&w. dude's SO stupid on that level, and not just because of the air transformation...

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Thanks for letting me know where to CP ;)

No need to worry though really, unless you play Snake (aka play gay) I won't CP you there, I don't like gay stages anyway.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Wow....how can Wolf benefit from Japes? Well unless you go MK on it of course.
Wolf is good on every stage except a few. Plus he kills of the sides. I don't have to approach cause I can just laser camp on the right side and then kill with Dsmash or bairs. Plus Wolf's down grab will kill anyone on that stage unless they tech the dthrow in which case I'll re-grab.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
This is amazing
$5 venue fee
yugioh side event
pokemon stadium 2 as a cp
who would not wanna come??

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Can we all agree that Yugioh is NOT a video game i'm really good at like mariokart or TvC, so we should have a tourney for those instead

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
We will have POOLS at this event! Regardless of the number of entrants.

So with that comes a small bracket at the end. I want you all to vote on what we'll do. Normally we would do a double elimination bracket, but I'm going to make an alternate proposal

Option #1: Double elimination bracket with finals 3 of 5
Option #2: Single elimination bracket, ALL SETS 3 of 5, with finals being 4 of 7, 5th place will be determined by the losers of quarter final brackets playing 3 of 5 sets

Option #2 will be a bit quicker, and uncanny, I thought i'd throw the idea out there and see if anyone would like to do it that way.

Also, I've made 2 MORE RULE CHANGES which should please everyone...

1. Rainbow Cruise is added to the list of CPs
2. You now get 2 stage bans, only one of which can be a neutral (FD, Smashville, Battlefield)

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Pools will take just as long as brackets would, but to the people not in brackets, I say:

Would you rather fight 2 people, get last and not have a chance or play 4 or 5 people and even though you didn't get out, you got your money's worth and got a chance to get tons of experience.

I also have a neat trick to make the pools go fast, the Htown venue has TONS of setups, like we will have anywhere from 10-15 setups here, meaning I can definitely do 2 tvs per pool. Which makes things go a lot faster.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Honestly I rather get last then not even get into brackets.

At least I would get a place then lol. But I don't really enter singles that much anyways.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
^^Actually, you will get a placing. I didn't do it before at pound because of confusion of positions- but you will get a placing at this event.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Well that placing would be pointless to me because you still didn't place in the bracket so it basically is placing worst then last imo.

But I just hate pools in general because people cheat them and stuff all the time and its not fun getting cheated by f@gs from my experience.

Top Bottom