• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animated Character Texturez - Because I can.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Just messing around with an idea, so I thought I'd share it with you all...

Smash Balls Core animation over Mario's BodyA texture.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmlZqLMVs9A

I'm gonna look into the animations a little more to understand which ones are which, how they're placed, and what their values mean. Help would be cool I suppose if anyone else is interested :)
I'll keep you posted on what I find

Note to mods: If yous don't want me having this as a separate thread then I suppose I could turn it into my showcase thread, however I would prefer it to be separate.

Also, I was wondering if we have the option to embed youtube videos into our posts..? If not I'm sure it could EASILY be done...

HyperGumba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Taro_Kuroyoko
3DS FC
4227-1462-6701
This is awesome!

I see even more possibilitys,just except the Shadow Mario one I do not know which could be also done...

Alphatron

Smash Champion
A Game & Watch who changes colors would be cool. Picano made a code for that a while back, but he seems to have dropped it.

n64billy

Smash Ace
This is awesome!

I see even more possibilitys,just except the Shadow Mario one I do not know which could be
also done...
Elemental textures for any character could be done. Like water, fire, wind (I'll be looking into the 'spy' costumes later on) and electricity and things like that.
However, for the time being, the animation applies to ALL costumes.... I'll look into isolating the animation to single textures later on.

What kind of possibilities are you imagining? ;)

A Game & Watch who changes colors would be cool. Picano made a code for that a while back, but he seems to have dropped it.
That might have been done with either CLR0 editing (Which I doubt it) or an Ocarina code (Which I know nothing about how those work)
So I wouldn't be able to do colour changing, but I would be able to do texture changing...
Game and Watch isn't exactly on my to do list... I'd rather play BSZ's MegaMan

n64billy

Smash Ace
yeay for shadow mario :3

but wait, is this same with the "edit texture faces?" like my hoppip's face?
I have no clue what you're talking about... :dizzy:
Is a true Dark Samus hack possible, n64billy?
If you're talking about the Samus in your avatar, except with that Phazon Glow covering his body, then yes, this is possible... You'd be able to replace the 'Dark Samus' (From Brawl) textures with the new Dark Samus ones, Replace the dark glow with your phazon glow, and I suppose mess with the opacity and find an animation that fits the slow moving glow.

If it's possible for me to do yet, no... Not until I figure out how to get the "edge" and "edge2" animated.. I can only get normal textures to work for some reason.

Mit

Smash Ace
It'd be great if possible to replace any texture with any animated picture (like a .gif). I want a big, pixely animated retro background on Wifi Training :3 However I'm not thinking that's entirely likely. I don't think single, animated images are a part of Brawl anywhere.

n64billy

Smash Ace
It'd be great if possible to replace any texture with any animated picture (like a .gif). I want a big, pixely animated retro background on Wifi Training :3 However I'm not thinking that's entirely likely. I don't think single, animated images are a part of Brawl anywhere.
This is NOT an animated image, in the sense that the image has multiple frames.... This is an animated image in the sense that an effect is used to warp a static image around the model.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
So, could you do the same thing with stages or... well, what can you do it on?

n64billy

Smash Ace
So, could you do the same thing with stages or... well, what can you do it on?
Stages are where I got the idea from..... The water in Delfino Plaza and ToonLinks Pirate stage, The smashballs glow effect, all of these use the same animation types, just different values which tell the game what actual animation to play (I'm guessing by the way)

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
All you did with Mario in the video was replace some of his textures with SmashBall textures? Then why not just edit them?

Alses

Smash Apprentice
Amazing stuff! I commented on your video... But anyway... Can I have the file for that? I really want to discover more and find how it can be used for awesome textures. :D So I'm offering help... It would be awesome if you say yes XD

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
inb4Hyper Sonic
^This. I need to be taught how to do this crap so I can finally make a perfect Hyper Sonic for my moveset and it's Alt FS. :3

...Or rather so f*SCREECH*ing fanboys will shut the f*SCREECH* up about it. >_>

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
No no no no no!
Those are Marios original textures.... take a look at the video again... it's the smash balls animation!
Let me rephraze my question then........ WHAT DID YOU REPLACE WITH WHAT? :laugh:

^This. I need to be taught how to do this crap so I can finally make a perfect Hyper Sonic for my moveset and it's Alt FS. :3

Dude chill out.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Amazing stuff! I commented on your video... But anyway... Can I have the file for that? I really want to discover more and find how it can be used for awesome textures. :D So I'm offering help... It would be awesome if you say yes XD
Download....? The computer say no... Read further down in the post...

Dude chill out.
No you chill out!
Well, besides cleaning the house, I've got nothing planned for the next few hours, so add me on MSN for lulz/you help me to help you. (I have NO idea what you want to do for Hyper Sonic)

Let me rephraze my question then........ WHAT DID YOU REPLACE WITH WHAT? :laugh:
I replaced the animation of Marios Eyes with the smash ball animation, then redirected it to his body instead of his eyes.... so now his eyes don't move around (AKA Stare straight) and the body animates.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...What do you mean "what I want to do"? O_o

I want to make Sonic change different colors. That's it. That's all that I want to do. XD

But...I guess. *sighs* ...Yet another person added to that giant list. -.o

n64billy

Smash Ace
Hehe, it's just a list... Mine hasn't grown too long yet :)

I haven't found out anything regarding SuperSonics colour JUST yet, but I'm still going to keep looking.

Liniscool

Smash Rookie
So could we make a moving Rorschach face with this? I'm too lazy to read the whole topic...

humble

Smash Ace
a zombie where they seem to have wounds mending and appearing all of their body...imagine that animating, boy that would be creepy. xP

n64billy

Smash Ace
a zombie where they seem to have wounds mending and appearing all of their body...imagine that animating, boy that would be creepy. xP
That's an awesome idea! I don't think it'd be possible yet though. I have an idea of how it could be made, but I haven't been working with the texture animations much lately, so I'll have to try it out later.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Could this be used to make the "Smash Ball Kirby" texture animate like a real smash ball? It seems like it would be simple enough, and work as intended since it's practically the same thing.

Top Bottom