• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's Week 26 Matchup Discussion: Sheik

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Bite *****.

Don't get grabbed.

Always go for the gimp.

You should always survive until you get grabbed (try not to).

Dair *****, everything *****. All basic Wario stuff can be done to Sheik.

Really basic MU, **** and don't get grabbed, not too much exp on all other stuff I'll leave that to the peeps who do.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
How does Ftilt affect us?

I would think given our size that we should watch out for that as well.

I'm calling this match 60-40 us.

But I would say just watch out for Ftilt and Grabs.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I am not going to vote on a ratio because the only sheik i play against ***** my **** so im just gonna say stuff that i have trouble with.

Ftilt ****s up my aproaches
If i try to camp i will get a full charged needle in the face after i double jump and land.
If i am up in his face ill get Ftilted
If i get ftilted once, i am most likely going to end up with around 80% because of the ftilt>ftilt>up smash nonsense
If sheik is off the stage, i cant gimp sheik because i never expect the tether to have THAT much range.
If i take the ledge i cant gimp
if i dont take the ledge, here comes the tether.

I said i didnt want to give a ratio, but if you read my johns and if you still want a ratio.. 50:50

IMO: this match is mainly about who can get who in the air. If one is in the air they will retreat. if they fail to punish retreating or fail to juggle it will be a stare off to see who can get the first hit in.

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
Bite , dair and bike **** sheik ,
be careful he can sumtimes lock u with his ftilt,
also dont get grab usmash hurts alot and he can kill u at 100% i think with a usmash,
try also fair pokes and grabs they work really good,
try gimpin him with bair, fair , nair or dair etc.

Also you can escape from the ftilt spam sumtimes i think with smash di upwards, dont get grab again xD

IMO 50:50 or 55:45 sheiks got sum tools to shut down wario moves like his bair and needles , but no big deal fair pokes work really good in this matchup , dont dair too much kause utilt sumtimes goes through dair sumtimes.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Be very careful about reactionary ftilts and uptilts, as they can actually stuff up our approaches/trade hits which makes things confusing. Always hold away from her/down so that should she try jab > grab you'll be able ot roll/dodge/avoid the grab. Her nair pwns us frame-wise, if they start using it abundantly start baiting it and shieldgrabbing it. Most of what I do while on the ground vs her is shieldgrab (and abuse the **** out of grab armor). If the Sheik tries to ftilt lock, use bike, she'll have to cut it short or she'll pick it up and take damage.

Basically we get the edge in this b/c of how easy it is to edgeguard her with bite and grabs and ftilt and fair (the only thing she can really do off the edge is chain > fair) and then it's pretty **** easy to gimp her too with the usual moves.

Padô

Smash Lord
Pretty stupid matchup...

For some reason Sheiks UTilt and FTilt are REALLY fast and stupid.
Ftilt would put you in a really bad position for a grab or a footstool combo which are pretty nasty.
Sheiks Bair is also Really good so does Nair > grab, but thats not really a bigdeal since we can bie everything sheik has got, and of course CAREFULLY otherwise... FTILT FTILT USmash.

I'd put this on 60-40 Wario since killing her offstage is easy with Nair/fart or fair for a gimp/kill.

Also watch out for needles they do not look like a big deal but they can combo onto a DACUS or a BoostGrab and believe YOU DONT WANT TO GET GRABBED on this match.

By thw way and excluding Grabrelease stuff she's got a hard time to kill Wario with all his laggy or without knockback stuff :)

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
i dont think its 60:40 my friend its kinda even kause of the tilts but yea we got kill powa xD

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
If she wasn't so light and easy to gimp it could be even. So does have some moves that pose a problems for Wario which is basically GR> tipper > usmash. If she doesn't kill you with her usmash she's going be to pretty hard pressed to kill you.

Padô

Smash Lord
If she wasn't so light and easy to gimp it could be even. So does have some moves that pose a problems for Wario which is basically GR> tipper > usmash. If she doesn't kill you with her usmash she's going be to pretty hard pressed to kill you.
We can camp Sheik too, it's really effective if she tries to approach from air rack some damage and continue to camp, you should be fine with that on dangerous percents for a grab > tipper usmash.

So I'm putting 60-40 anyone against it?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Even imo. Sheik has more range and a faster moveset than Wario in most cases, she has actual setups into her grab, utilt shuts down dair approaches from above, ftilt shuts down a lot of stuff from the front, chain gives Wario problems, and of course the grab release means Sheik can actually kill in this matchup.

On the other side if Wario gets a big lead it becomes a stupid matchup because of Wario's superior aerial accelerationand movement, he edgeguards sheik really well, kills early, and has the potential to live to extremely high percentages.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
I'd suggest not approaching with anything double jumped. It makes it much harder to get out of Ftilts.

That's all I know about this matchup. I got wrecked by Atomsk's sheik at SNES, so I can't give any numbers.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's called a jump o_O

Are you expecting every Wario to lose their jumps to your ftilt or something? There are no guaranteed grab setups, just you interrupting the player/addling them and then taking advantage, which, as implied, isn't guaranteed.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
There are guaranteed combos in Brawl... there are just almost no guaranteed grab setups. One of the few excepts is ICs.

Also, if Sheik tries to repeatedly ftilt, Wario can pop his bike out and she'll pick it up and get punished, or she'll have to stop ftilting and Wario can jump away.

Really, ftilt is much less of a nuisance here as a combo/locker/setup than it is as an interrupter... and Sheik has moves that do that better (such as nair and backair and utilt).

-Mars-

Smash Hero
It's called a jump o_O

Are you expecting every Wario to lose their jumps to your ftilt or something? There are no guaranteed grab setups, just you interrupting the player/addling them and then taking advantage, which, as implied, isn't guaranteed.
It's called frame advantages due to decay....look it up sometime.

Lol and Wario can't bike out if the ftilt is decayed enough so it just depends on what style the Sheik player you play against is using.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The bike itself comes out on the first frame :\

Also, I've played against Light and Sethlon back when he played Sheik (and was placing high in tournament with her), so it's not like I'm getting my info from playing scrubs. If it was that easy, they would've been able to do it more.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
The bike itself comes out on the first frame :\

Also, I've played against Light and Sethlon back when he played Sheik (and was placing high in tournament with her), so it's not like I'm getting my info from playing scrubs. If it was that easy, they would've been able to do it more.
Nobody said anything about you playing scrubs or anything being easy. Merely, you said the only character in the game with a grab setup was Ice Climbers and that's just not true.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Ok, I can see where the confusion arises. I was referring to grab setups that can be used at any time... like, they're not dependent on percentages of the opponents/fallspeed/staleness.

Wario has grab setups at low percents too, after all, haha.

I don't usually like to give ratios, but I do agree that this matchup is only like 55:45 Wario, and it's still very annoying regardless.

You guys don't still think the chain utterly ***** us, do you? >_>

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Ok, I can see where the confusion arises. I was referring to grab setups that can be used at any time... like, they're not dependent on percentages of the opponents/fallspeed/staleness.

Wario has grab setups at low percents too, after all, haha.

I don't usually like to give ratios, but I do agree that this matchup is only like 55:45 Wario, and it's still very annoying regardless.

You guys don't still think the chain utterly ***** us, do you? >_>
Ah ok that makes more sense then.

Chain would be fantastic against Wario if he couldn't just stand there and get a fart every couple minutes......i've gotten farted out of chain in tournament lol.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Not gonna deny that. One of the only characters that can kill us around 100% :\

EDIT: Fart's "gassy" hitbox is actually entirely invincible, so watch out for that. Wario is still vulnerable from above though.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Pit can't even grab release Wario...

you can post about your BJ combo in the Pit discussion thread, though. This is for Sheik.

Padô

Smash Lord
I know you are annoying and you should leave now the WarioBoards and proceed with your failure on another troll thread you've made.

Ok.

55-45 seem a lot safer.

Top Bottom