• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question: Language Replacement (US -> JPN Sound) (Now solved, thanks hypersonic65!)

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
A long time ago, in a place formerly known as the Smash Workshop, someone decided to have fun with Brawl's ISO and the sound in it. They took the brsar file from the JPN version, and put it into the US version. Lo and behold, English text and Japanese voices combined to create a holy combination of awesomeness.

I would love to do this.

But I do not know how.

Heck, which thread/sub-forum is this question even supposed to go into?

Could someone post or direct me towards a tutorial that teaches how to replace the brsar file?

I am aware that SD hacking can't do this, only pure ISO replacing. Well, I use a USB loader, so no problem.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
...And...how do you do the replacing? I'm asking a how question, not a what question.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
You know those people who see a texture hacked Brawl game and go crazy? They ask, "OMG I WANT VW JOE IN MY GAME NOW." Problem is, they heard of File Replacement Code 3.5, Gecko OS, Homebrew Channel, Twilight Hack, and everything else needed to do it only in passing. They don't actually know what it is.

That's how I feel. :)

And hypersonic65, thanks for the link. It's a great help!

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
You know those people who see a texture hacked Brawl game and go crazy? They ask, "OMG I WANT VW JOE IN MY GAME NOW." Problem is, they heard of File Replacement Code 3.5, Gecko OS, Homebrew Channel, Twilight Hack, and everything else needed to do it only in passing. They don't actually know what it is.

That's how I feel. :)
Sorry............I don't even have an ISO myself, so................

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I know that you have to recompile everything back into an iso so that the wii thinks that it is normal brawl but reads the new .brsar that it would "come" with. I'm just clueless as to how I would do any of this. :p I've already googled it quite a few times but every now and again it says that I would need a modchip. :/ If anybody can actually do it successfully, kudos.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I know that you have to recompile everything back into an iso so that the wii thinks that it is normal brawl but reads the new .brsar that it would "come" with. I'm just clueless as to how I would do any of this. :p I've already googled it quite a few times but every now and again it says that I would need a modchip. :/ If anybody can actually do it successfully, kudos.
I'm not going to go in to detail, but all I have to say is you do not need a modchip anymore. People have made homebrew apps that allow you to play burnt games, or you can use the USB loader method. Of course, no details or else Bio Hedgy will come in and kill me :X

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I'll add to what Pokelover said and say Wii Scrubber is your friend.;)

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
And remember, 1.21 is better than 1.4 at replacing files. It's slower, but won't cause freezing. However, it will take like 30 mins for 1.21 to replace the brsars.

Top Bottom