• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching: Cloud Strife V2.0a2 - Fixed Silent Freezes.

jackharvest

Smash Apprentice
Cloud Strife
---------------------------------------------
Current Release: V2.0a2 [fixed] [download]

Other Releases:
V2.0a2 - [download]
V2.0a - [download]

Known Psa Glitches
-Glow in middle of sword during specials is Ike-sized sword
*~ All Scenarios

V2.0a2 Fixes the following:

4 Player Clouds
Peach's Final
Hog Collision (Bridge of Eldin) *
Stand-up glitch

.: Moveset Analysis :.

Cloud’s Special’s:

(B)Neutral-Special: Fire/Fira/Firaga (Chargeable attack)
(<-B->)Side-Special: ClimHazzard
(B^)Up-Special: Finishing Touch
(Bv)Down-Special: Beam Blade
Final: Omni-Slash
(B)[AIR] = Rising Fang
(<-B->)[AIR] = Braver
(B^)[AIR] = Finishing Touch
(Bv)[AIR] = Meteor Rain

I Found a Glitch!
Post about it in detail here on this thread so we can add it to the small handful of known glitches. We’ll attempt to reproduce all known issues, and fix them for 2.0b.
- PAL or NTSC?
- Version of File Replacement Code? (if on Wii) / Dolphin version (if on emulator)
- Other characters playing?
- Length of fight / When the freeze happened
- etc.

------------------old outdated post from February-------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60E0Kw7Oqhg

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VOX8D0SC

Let's knock out some basics first. I'll add more questions here if they're pertinent.

Is this a vertex hack or a model hack?!
Let's define what a model hack is first. There has been MUCH confusion as to what the heffer this even means.
-- : The creation or importing of completely new and un-brawl related 3d material inserted into brawl, causing no hiccups, slowdowns, glitches, or issues.
-- Vertex Hack: Easy way to understand it --> The stretching of polygon points. Used for distorting the size and or location of polygons (mapped by verticy points). This method uses the available polygons, and doesn't add anything beyond what the character already has available.

Now that we have that cleared up, Cloud Strife is strictly verticy hack only. No outside polygons have been used to create him whatsoever.

So wait, wtf... that definition of model hacking makes it sound like it's never been done before!
-- Bingo. According to the best definition here, there have been no model hacks performed on characters. None.

Ok, what's taking so long?
-- :notimp:

I mean, how's it coming along?
-- From where we started, it's at about 99% completion. Akari still has to mold his hair and face. Zephron is putting the finishing touches on the texture. Canon is finalizing the Animations for his moveset. I've finished removing the model parts required, and Shukaku needs some help finishing the PSA, last I heard. He's much farther than half-way done, but could use assistance.

So we have to wait for all of that to be DONE?
-- :>.>:

I mean... will there be a release before it has a moveset?
-- We'll release it once Akari Un and Zephron have hit 100% completion. If the moveset it done before then, consider it as a bonus. You're going to want to play with the moveset though. It really is incredible.

Do you need a movie to showcase it?
-- With this beginning the evolution of large-scale vertex hacks, I'm sure many will create plenty of YouTube goodies. Feel free to create your own and post them on YouTube. Link them here if you'd like.

2/2/10 - What character does this replace?
-- Well, obviously with moveset replacing, it's going to take over the Ike character slot. In the event that you don't end up using the moseset, this will take over ONE (yeah, you heard right) costume of Ike, while the rest of the Ike's stay the same color, shape, size, etc.

2/2/10 - Is the moveset for NTSC or PAL users??
-- To my knowledge, PSA hacks and animation changes are only applicable to NTSC users. I'm an NTSC user myself, so correct anything that I get wrong. The Cloud Project will hopefully spur on the porting of the codes needed for this kind of file replacement. We'll announce this on the smash boards when Cloud is released. At that point in time, go ahead and bother the shiz out of those that are known to create/port codes to PAL.

2/2/10 - Is this Cloud based on FF7 or Advent Children?
-- Our references used came from the Final Fantasy 7 costume. A few tidbits were used from FF Dissidia, but overall, a very FF7 based character. I'm sure there will be people who create alternate costumes so that other versions of Cloud are available.

Ask more questions if you have them. I'll do my best to answer them.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
WHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im getting this right away!

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I hate FFVII and this is quite possibly one of the most BAD *** things I have ever seen. Very, very very nice work you guys.

EDIT: Is the current download just his vertex hack?

EDIT 2: Is he 'balanced' around Brawl+ or regular Brawl?

jackharvest

Smash Apprentice
The moveset is in the works, and known bugs are there. So have some fun with version 1. :)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Awesome. The hair kinda looks goofy from the video, but that's still some uber high-quality stuff.

Great work to everybody involved!

Edit: Aw, no moveset stuff yet. Oh well.

Also, you guys don't mention that you need to rename the .pcs and .pac file in the Readme.

And most the grammar in the video is kinda off. "Rebuild Model" "Full Edited Texture" I'm going to say that's just the fact that Akari doesn't speak English as his first language. :p Nice video in general though.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
The hair isn't perfect but cloud's hair looks ******** in FF7 if you go back and play the playstation version and frankly this looks really close to the old polygonal hair from FF7.

Jiiprah

Smash Apprentice
It says that it will take over one costume of ike? does this mean the 'texture/vert hack' or does it mean the 'moveset' also?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Erm. This seems to be extremely buggy. And laggy. Did you guys release the wrong file by accident?

Edit: Okay. There's serious lag issues with DK for some reason. And general instability.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
Erm. This seems to be extremely buggy. And laggy. Did you guys release the wrong file by accident?

Edit: Okay. There's serious lag issues with DK for some reason. And general instability.
that's when you vs dk or lucario idk why

Mit

Smash Ace

humble

Smash Ace
nair, dash attack, bair, Fsmash, jab combo, Up-B, Side-B, Down-B, Taunts, Jumps, D-smash, U-smash, Utilt, Uair, Fair, and Final smash.

Those are the things demonstrated in the video, along with the texture and model hacks. (by the way, it is looking pretty good) Essentially, he looks great EXCEPT his hair, which is a mess. As it is the most difficult and heavily edited part of the model I sympathize, but unless you have just the right angle, most of the time it looks pretty crappy. Most of the hair looks okay-ish, and then you have this hideous bizarre mohawk thing in the middle. I understand you want him to resemble classic cloud, but I would reccomend going with a more advent children hair instead because...it would look better then what you have now. If you can fix it though, great.

This means the things they didn't show are: Ftilt, Dtilt, Dair, B, and...thats it. I'm assuming it still needs refining, but as is sounds like the moveset is getting closer to completion, and I await it with bated breath. I love what you guys have done and I think this is awesome, thank you for all your hard work.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Try and base his hair more around the Dissidia version of FF7 Cloud. It'll look better.

jackharvest

Smash Apprentice
Yes, voice replacement now has a tutorial, thanks to VILE. It will be released next week, along side a more definitive set of moves.

I'll update this post with images and known glitches (like on kc-mm.com) tomorrow.

Spire

III
BRoomer
This is spectacular. Congratulations on something so monumental.

Miacis

Smash Rookie
Until Jack H comes back, I guess I can answer a few questions :

Get *****! Cloud Strife FTW!

EDIT- Has the moveset been overhauled?
Yes, the Cloud moveset will be completely new. It won't be an Ike clone.

Also note that this isn’t his complete move-set. A lot has been improved and tweaked. Turns out Akari didn’t have the updated file when he was making the movie, which is what I heard from Canon >.>
Such as his Final and Up special looking like Aether. It is changed in the motion file.

It says that it will take over one costume of ike? does this mean the 'texture/vert hack' or does it mean the 'moveset' also?
The current download is "only" the model + the texture. So it only replaces one costume.

The moveset is underway and should be finished during the week or so. This one will affect all of Ike's costume.

Lucario, DK and ZSS are glitchy when fighting Cloud. We still don't know why.
Use a regular costume if you want to fight these guys.

Also, you should download this little fixed pack (prepared by Wave Kusanagi) if you don't want you Wii to freeze on SSE, bosses, etc. (It doesn't fix the Lucario/ZSS/DK problem !)
http://www.mediafire.com/?gmymymjtzmt

nair, dash attack, bair, Fsmash, jab combo, Up-B, Side-B, Down-B, Taunts, Jumps, D-smash, U-smash, Utilt, Uair, Fair, and Final smash.
The U-Smash and all specials are to be re-done. Except the Neutral one which is finished.
(There may be other moves that need revision, but those are the ones I heard about)

Also, I wouldn't want to break the magic of Omnislash, but I'm pretty sure the FS we see is Ike's regular one, with neat camera tricks making it look like Cloud is doing Omnislash. ;)
(Not totally sure, though)

I hope this helped a bit. :)

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I personally prefer the Advent children design, overall it is superior and better looking.
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one, especially since Cloud became a **** in Advent Children, but whatever. I would like to see an Advent Children version of the model for the sake of being fair, though.

Silent_Ocarina

Smash Rookie
What do I have to name the files in order for this hack to work?
I'm not an expert, but I'm sure you only need to rename the files in the same way you name your textures. You would rename it "FitIke[Number Here].pcs/pac. You only have to put a number (that corresponds to the Alternate Color you want to replace) between the brackets.

I think.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Let me get this straight: This moveset is going to be *completely* new? Absolutely nothing left of Ike? Why even leave any trace of Ike or his costumes, then?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Because people like us can make new costumes instead. Also, if you go to KC:MM's thread, someone posted all the stuff you'll need if you want to completely replace him... :3

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
No no - what I meant to ask was, if Cloud's moveset is going to get rid of Ike's moveset, why keep Ike's costumes? If Ike is no longer going to play like Ike, why not make alternate costumes for Cloud instead and completely get rid of him?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Just got to test this out. I'll be working on editing making alt textures for Cloud and editing the CSS so that aside from the announcer saying "IKE!" it's entirely Cloud.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
It looks OK, I just feel that it is lacking in the hair department. Looks odd to me, other than that, good work!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
No no - what I meant to ask was, if Cloud's moveset is going to get rid of Ike's moveset, why keep Ike's costumes? If Ike is no longer going to play like Ike, why not make alternate costumes for Cloud instead and completely get rid of him?
And I answered your question. That's the plan, but they were only making one outfit for it since they knew others would make more. And someone else already has made stuff to completely replace him. Plus, his voice will be replacing Ike's very soon too.

Okay? :3

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
hey, i have a voice pack of cloud from dissidia in english, and japanese. anyone want it?

Top Bottom