• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What to work on after mastering Pikas Moveset

gallax

Smash Hero
As a fellow pika user i get quite concerned when i hear of any pikas doing well. There aer exceptions such as Anther, Esam, Z, and pikapika. Prime does well but hes in texas where they play too gay for pika. I wanna see more pikas doing better and placing better in tournies. Im always seeing and hearing other pika players asking how do i get better or how is it that i can be like "whichever player"? I've decided to write an article that may help you reach that next level in your game. If you dont agree with what i have to say then im ok with that. Im only trying to help you.

Ima start with something that ive been preaching about the last 2 months:

Crossovers:

Basically a crossover is where you use your aerial momentum to land behind your opponent. Sounds simple, which it is. To crossover you opponent u can airdodge through them, jump high and simply land behind. There are some chars like sheik who have moves that will auto-cross them but unfortunately we pikas do not. All pikas need to learn to cross-over their opponents as much as possible. Watch videos of warios players. They cross over all the time by airdodging through their opponent.

What are the advantages of crossing my opponent over? Well there are many advantages. You can bait an attack while you are airdodging and have a free grab/attack once you land behind the opponent due to your opponent being in cooldown from attacking. You will make it much harder to get grabbed when landing near an opponent(i will go into this more later on). You can confuse your opponents. Some opponents(like snake) have a huge blind spot behind them and will spotdodge 95% of the time if you get behind them which is punishable if you realize this.

But, beware that there are some opponents(like mk or marth) who have tools to beat crossovers. Learn who has the tools and how to punish and you will be much better off.

The nest thing that i see many pikas doing wrong:

T-jolting:

You may ask yourself how can i tjolt wrong? Its easy and a lot of pikas do this without realizing. If you tjolt too close to an opponent you will get punished. If shielded properly the pika will be left open. Our main objective is to never leave yourself open cuz you will get hit.

If you tjolt always DI away from your opponent if you are too close. IF YOU ARE NEAR THE EDGE AND YOU ARE BEING PRESSURED YOU CAN TJOLT AND DI OFF THE STAGE AND GET TO THE LEDGE. The ledge is pikas best friend. It is so hard to punish a pikas who know how to use their qa and uair on the edge. Plus, only a few chars will be able to beat your planking pikachu.

Something that applies to everyone:

You have habits. You can be predictable:

I was at a plateau in my game and was frustrated becuase i didnt know how to get better. I asked people on the boards and they all said the same thing, play more or read your opponents better. The problem is that i didnt know how to read my opponents better. Playing more was useless. But, then i asked one of the best players in florida what he though of my game and how he beats me. He said simply, you are a great player but you get into a predictable gameplay and i can read you will be next or what you will usually do in certain scenarios. Be more random.

If you want to get better be willing to accept that you have habits and can be predictable. Once you accept this start analyzing how you get hit. Why did you get hit? Was it predicatable? What should u have done? Should you remember not to do that again? Things like this will help you to see that you have habits and that you can break them and be a little more random.

Another thing that pikas do:

Try and force an approach

Simply stated a lot of pikas force an approach. There is nothing wrong with sitting back and tjolt. In fact i encourage it. It can help you in the long run cuz then you can force your opponent into doing something in which you are more likely to predict. There are some chars which you cant camp. Thats ok. Dont camp them. But if you can, do it. Dont feel bad either. You want to win right?

Now lets say you want to approach. Dont force it. Most pikas i play will try to land a ff fair me or run up and try to force an error. Most top players will eat you alive if you try this. Land in front of me with any attack and im going to shield it and grab you. Rush me when im on the ground and i will know that you are either going to shield or dacus me. That or run>spotdodge. As a snake player im going to run>pivot grab. That or run into you running which forces a shield from you to stop your momentum which gives me a free grab. So, unless you think you can force an opponent into shielding so you can grab them or spotdodge a grab from them, then dont rush them.

This also brings up another good point which i want to touch base on. WHICH IS LANDING IN FRONT OF YOUR OPPONENT. No matter if you fair or airdodge into the ground in front of them you will get grabbed by EVERY CHARACTER. You are open. This ties back into the crossovers. Stop landing in front of your opponent unless you are reading and you believe that doing so is strategically needed.

Post Edit: If you are out of jumps and know that you are going to land in front of your opponent and getting grabbed there may be a way for you to get out of this situation. If possible, DI towards them and try to get above them to footstool. If you can footstool you can get out and qa away to safety. The same applies to any char you use. You can always foostool a standing opponent and mix them up.

Every Character has 2-4 frames of vulnerability when they land on the ground

Anyways, as for the landing lag part, most of the time there's gonna be 4+ frames of lag. The 2 frames of lag is only for soft landings, so you have a little more time for punishing than you think. Also, some characters can do things to make them have 0 landing lag, like when Snake lands while holding a grenade. This makes it really hard to punish his landing because he can shield as soon as he touches the ground and he has the grenade to protect him. Just wanted to throw that out there.

I dont really have to explain this since its simple to understand. Many pikas need to watch their opponents and read and try to predict where they are going to land to get under them and dsmash or grab or fsmash or dtilt them or shield their attack>grab. Keep them off the ground.

A great example of a read is that sometimes at low-mid percents i dthrow> predict them airdodging into the ground in front/behind of me>dsmash. Free damage on a character where an usmash/uair/utilt/nair wouldnt have worked b/c they airdodged then landed near me!!!

Predicting Spotdodges

Just becuase you can play fast it doesnt mean you always have to. There are some characters which have an fantastic spotdodges and will be able to do so even if you dont think its possible and it gets annoying. Well, learn to predict the spotdodge. Wait for it and get that grab. If you cant time it that well yet dsmash them!!!! Often times when you get behind someone they will spotodge. Be patient when you get behind them and wait for it. DDD's love to do this to you when they roll behind you. (if this happens to you be sure to not spotdodge. instead gtfo asap. roll away or run!)

A common situation that occurs quite often is when you try to grab your opponent then they spotdodge your grab then you spotdodge their attempt at a grabbing you and the cycle continues. You need to learn to NOT spotdodge after trying to get grabbed. Wait for them to spotdodge and then grab them. They have a minimum of 2 frames of vulnerablilty after spotdoding. This is only one example though.

If you want to play fast and/or play against a really good grabber or play against someone who is really smart, BUT you know they are going to spotdodge sh dair(the one where it auto-cancels and u land with no lag). You will punish their spotdodge everytime!!!

This is the true meaning between a good player and a great player.

HOWEVER
The players who are already passed this point will be predicting your spotdodges/airdodges like you recommend the other pikachus to do. The problem is that at really high level play people will be predicting your predictions. They will know you want to wait till the airdodge to the ground passed you and punish. Because of that, they will come down with an attack. After that you will be wary of waiting for them and take the initiative and try to jump and attack/use an anti-air attack such as u-tilt/u-smash and then they will airdodge passed you and punish. You have to get comfortable with the areas where your opponents are and predict based on their former patterns to get an adequate feeling of when they will AD or not.

Certain characters have attacks that cut down more than one option. For example, if metaknight jumps under you and uairs, you are either gonna get hit or airdodge. If you get hit, the example returns to this again. If you airdodge, he follows you into a nair or up-b. This is what people talk about when they have a true "Disadvantageous position."

In even matchups at high level play, most options go to a rock-paper-scissors situation. Ill give you an example with pika vs snake since almost everybody has a snake in their region.

Snake is falling in the air. You are right below him. You have these options:

1. Jump and attack
2. Wait to punish AD or momentum reversed grenade (I don't know what it is actually called)
3. Shield because of the fear of a bair

Snakes options are

1. Bair
2. Momentum reverse a grenade
3. Airdodge

Shield will beat bair.
Bair will beat jump and attack.
Airdodge will beat jump and attack.
Momentum reversed grenade will beat wait
Wait will beat airdodge.
Jump and attack will beat bair (uair will outrange it).
Jump and attack will lose to momentum reversed grenade.

You get the point...

As snake falls, the likeliness of him momentum-reversing a grenade lowers. If he is facing the opposite direction of you, his likelihood of bairing is higher. If he is very close to you, he could do either. At this point it is rock paper scissors, but it is increasingly going to rock or paper (scissors is reversing momentum grenade) because it will be worse the farther he falls and you will punish easier with a grab.

At this point shield will beat bair and airdodge. However, he can footstool your shield and create new opportunities depending on platforms/how good/bad your reaction is.

So as the game progresses and circumstances become more and more in and not in your favor depending on positioning and options and character matchups.

Hope this helps to confuse you and realize it isn't that easy. Brawl becomes rock paper scissors and some characters are better at dealing with options than others.

Thats it for now. I may have a little more to add later.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Thank you, Gallax. This was a good read and made me realize how much I need to do these things. I become so predictable and for some reason I don't use tjolt as much as I feel I should.
I'm going to try to utilize the things you type about here. ♥

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Thanks, Gallax! A lot of people will find this information very helpful.

More people should write "article threads" like this, especially the more experienced Pikas (although everyone is welcome to).

altairian

Smash Lord
Thanks gallax, sometimes it's hard for people that are learning to figure out what the next step should be once you're familiar with the character. =)

On a somewhat related note, are we going to be continuing matchup re-discussions? I'm finding myself getting rocked by bad players simply because I don't know the matchup and it's making me sad inside =( Having a good starting point for each matchup would help lots <3

gallax

Smash Hero
i wouldnt mind helping at all with matchups. all you need to do is ask in the critique section or matchup section. plus kaylo is the new MU guider so its totally up to her.

gallax

Smash Hero
yeah instead of uairing oos you can sh airdodge behind your opponent too. or you can sh dair. little things like that make you a more random player.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Prime does well but hes in texas where they play too gay for pika.

Lol! There's nothing wrong with how they play. I'm just always doing really bad. I never lost due to them playing "gay," I'm just being out played. :/ I'm gonna do good next HOBO though. :)

Anyways, as for the landing lag part, most of the time there's gonna be 4+ frames of lag. The 2 frames of lag is only for soft landings, so you have a little more time for punishing than you think. Also, some characters can do things to make them have 0 landing lag, like when Snake lands while holding a grenade. This makes it really hard to punish his landing because he can shield as soon as he touches the ground and he has the grenade to protect him. Just wanted to throw that out there.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
On a somewhat related note, are we going to be continuing matchup re-discussions? I'm finding myself getting rocked by bad players simply because I don't know the matchup and it's making me sad inside =( Having a good starting point for each matchup would help lots <3
Yeah, I'll put up two more matchup re-discussion threads ASAP. I know people wanted to discuss G&W, so that's one..... if you have a character you have trouble with in particular, I'll do that one too.

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
Yea this sounds a lot like what I'm missing. Once I started saving replays, I got a much better idea of how random I am. Sometimes trying to be random makes me focus too much on myself instead of the opponent though, which is a different problem.

VLD

Smash Rookie
I usually loose the spotdodge battle:(
Its better to think of ways to avoid that exchange.

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
But if the dodge makes the opponent invincible until near the end of dsmash you could get a kill right?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
But if the dodge makes the opponent invincible until near the end of dsmash you could get a kill right?
Yeah, I love when that happens. If you start dsmash a little after their invincibility begins, they'll come out of their IFs right at the last hit and probably get sent straight up.

Even if it doesn't kill, it sets up for a thunder.

I dunno, most people know better than to spam spotdodges, though..... scrub DDDs and ROBs are the most notorious for doing it since they know their spotdodge is good.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
This is the true meaning between a good player and a great player.

HOWEVER
The players who are already passed this point will be predicting your spotdodges/airdodges like you recommend the other pikachus to do. The problem is that at really high level play people will be predicting your predictions. They will know you want to wait till the airdodge to the ground passed you and punish. Because of that, they will come down with an attack. After that you will be wary of waiting for them and take the initiative and try to jump and attack/use an anti-air attack such as u-tilt/u-smash and then they will airdodge passed you and punish. You have to get comfortable with the areas where your opponents are and predict based on their former patterns to get an adequate feeling of when they will AD or not.

Certain characters have attacks that cut down more than one option. For example, if metaknight jumps under you and uairs, you are either gonna get hit or airdodge. If you get hit, the example returns to this again. If you airdodge, he follows you into a nair or up-b. This is what people talk about when they have a true "Disadvantageous position."

In even matchups at high level play, most options go to a rock-paper-scissors situation. Ill give you an example with pika vs snake since almost everybody has a snake in their region.

Snake is falling in the air. You are right below him. You have these options:

1. Jump and attack
2. Wait to punish AD or momentum reversed grenade (I don't know what it is actually called)
3. Shield because of the fear of a bair

Snakes options are

1. Bair
2. Momentum reverse a grenade
3. Airdodge

Shield will beat bair.
Bair will beat jump and attack.
Airdodge will beat jump and attack.
Momentum reversed grenade will beat wait
Wait will beat airdodge.
Jump and attack will beat bair (uair will outrange it).
Jump and attack will lose to momentum reversed grenade.

You get the point...

As snake falls, the likeliness of him momentum-reversing a grenade lowers. If he is facing the opposite direction of you, his likelihood of bairing is higher. If he is very close to you, he could do either. At this point it is rock paper scissors, but it is increasingly going to rock or paper (scissors is reversing momentum grenade) because it will be worse the farther he falls and you will punish easier with a grab.

At this point shield will beat bair and airdodge. However, he can footstool your shield and create new opportunities depending on platforms/how good/bad your reaction is.

So as the game progresses and circumstances become more and more in and not in your favor depending on positioning and options and character matchups.

Hope this helps to confuse you and realize it isn't that easy. Brawl becomes rock paper scissors and some characters are better at dealing with options than others.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Really helpful addition, ESAM. I think it should be quoted somewhere in the OP!

I also can't stress enough how important it is to stay unpredictable at higher levels of play with Pika -- one of the larger hurdles I'm trying to get over currently. Auto-pilot is the worst sin you can commit with any character, Pika included.... but we're lucky that we play a character who has the tools to mix things up really well. (Try being effectively unpredictable with Zelda..... yeah...... -_-)

Pikachu has combos and followups that work + the speed to pull them off well, but the price we pay is having stupidly small range on a majority of our moveset. Tjolts force approaches to a certain point, but Pika gets zoned by characters with any sort of considerable disjoint -- swords, magic, invisible knees, etc. If you're being predictable, you will get boxed out and be unable to land a solid hit, especially when you're looking for a KO.

If you feel yourself moving into a pattern, do the unexpected. I've seen Anther and Prime hit with random Skull Bashes, and people ask later, "How did they hit with that?!?!" It's because people don't expect it.

Instead of following up with the same old nair or uair, use a bair instead -- it switches up your usual pace and mindgames your opponent by adding another move to their mental list of Oh ****, Things I Gotta Watch Out For. (Properly managing this so-called list is a whole subject in and of itself.) QAC works on the same principle of unpredictability: it's actually a very easy tactic to beat, but if you're using it right, your opponent will be taken by surprise and fail to counter it.

My favorite jank combo is bthrow > bair. It shouldn't work, but it does because people don't expect an aerial followup off a move like bthrow.

You can be the most technical Pika in the world and still fail if you don't mix it up. Just don't be dumb about it..... I said unpredictable, not stupid. :urg:

Kantō

Smash Champion
very nice read. good info gallax. im starting to think in different ways and its good to have more ideas to throw into the mix.

Roller

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'll put up two more matchup re-discussion threads ASAP. I know people wanted to discuss G&W, so that's one..... if you have a character you have trouble with in particular, I'll do that one too.
I feel like Marth and Snake, as have been mentioned are very common MUs that people have ?s about. Since you mentioned Snakes are doing pika, I'd consider Marth as the second choice.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Already put up Luigi as the second one, but I'll keep Marth in mind for the next batch.

altairian

Smash Lord
The snake thread really wasn't that helpful lol. All anyone said was "camp until pika's at kill %, then camp slightly less". I think we all pretty much figured out already that snake is gonna camp lol

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I needed this. But one question. What do you do when the opponent is at high damage and you need to land a kill move? Due to the fact that Pika doesn't have too many effective kill moves, I tend to get really predictable trying to get that Usmash/Fsmash/Thunder in for the finisher. I can't beat my opponent if I take 50-some % trying to land a kill move or if I have to rack up 160% on my opponent to let a quicker move like F-tilt kill reliably. Meanwhile, the opposing metaknight can kill me at 120% with just about any move in his arsenal.

Roller

Smash Legend
I needed this. But one question. What do you do when the opponent is at high damage and you need to land a kill move? Due to the fact that Pika doesn't have too many effective kill moves, I tend to get really predictable trying to get that Usmash/Fsmash/Thunder in for the finisher. I can't beat my opponent if I take 50-some % trying to land a kill move or if I have to rack up 160% on my opponent to let a quicker move like F-tilt kill reliably. Meanwhile, the opposing metaknight can kill me at 120% with just about any move in his arsenal.
Mind games, son. Mind games.

Also, make sure that you are not just running up and slamming the C-stick every time. You will almost never get it off in those situations. Mix in some grabs or run through them and come back around if you see them shielding/spot-dodging to prevent getting smashed. If you mix in grabs the opponent will be less likely to just sit there and shield an attempted Usmash in fear that he could get grabbed.

Mixing in non-lethal attacks makes it much easier to cause an opening for a lethal one.

altairian

Smash Lord
Personally I've just stopped "going for kills". If they're expecting you to start going for the kill, it becomes even easier to grab, and use other damage racking moves until they are to the point that just about anything you do is going to send them far off the stage or kill them. Plus racking damage will refresh your kill moves if they're stale.

Your mindset is SO important to how you perform in this game. If you tell yourself that you have a hard time landing kill moves, you're probably going to blindly run around throwing smashes and not accomplish much. If you tell yourself you're going to get the kill as soon as the opportunity presents itself, you'll probably find yourself not only getting kills easier, but getting much less frustrated if you end up having to rack up 180% on your opponent before it happens.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
My goal is to kill before 150%. So, I start using smashes and thunder more once someone hits about 120%. (Sometimes less, sometimes more, depending on the char.)

altairian

Smash Lord
My goal is to kill before 150%. So, I start using smashes and thunder more once someone hits about 120%. (Sometimes less, sometimes more, depending on the char.)
You can't lock yourself in to something so rigid like that. Making kills happen with pika is like creating a fine piece of art, not shooting a gun at a target. You really need to find ways to surprise your opponent or force them in to a situation where you can land one of your kill moves. You don't have a snake utilt or a shuttle loop to just pound your foes in to submission.

The best ways that I've found to kill as a player still very much learning are dsmashing a spotdodge, and ff fair->utilt->thunder. Both are pretty easy to pull off and kill at decent %'s. But it's really important to be flexible. Don't worry about what % they're at. Just keep them guessing, land whatever hits you can, and the rest will take care of itself.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I see. Thanks for the advice. I suppose that some of the problem is my competition... the only one I play is my brother, who's faced me as pika since brawl came out. He knows about all my tricks... (DI'ing out of D-smash, airdodging out of the way of thunder...)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
YOu keep playing like he wasn't at kill %. When he gets to a high enough %, normal moves like nair/f-tilt will become kill moves so you don't have to worry about landing the high risk moves like F-smash, U-smash, and thunder.

Also, just because somebody knows how to DI out of D-smash and get hit by thunder doesn't mean that you shouldn't be able to kill him and you are losing to him. If he adapts to your stuff, adapt back to his adaption to you. If you know he is gonna airdodge right away because of your thunder (After a u-tilt or u-smash) then wait and follow his airdodge to thunder him there. Or, just air chase him, which is waiting on the ground to pressure their landing (I could give you specifics if I know who he plays). You just have to get good at realizing what he does in certain situations and adapting.

A good example is me vs Seibrik (Pika vs MK). When I run at him with a T-jolt in front of me i almost always shield in his face because I'm scared he is going to up-b OOS after the T-jolt hits his shield. However, basically every time he grabs me. This lead to him dominating me for a long time. I finally got out of that habit, and now when i run at him I run and grab. However, he realized this and now he Power shields the T-jolt and f-tilts me because i don't shield. This goes back to what I said several posts back about the game being rock-paper-scissors with more than 3 options lol. You just gotta get good at adapting to what your opponent does, and then adapt to his adaptation of your adaptation.

Brawl literally is a mind-game.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
He's learned to dodge as he hears the "Pika!", and in addition, he DI's sharply to one side whenever I send him upwards. I can still hit him with thunder, but only if it's a force (or an edgeguard, for that matter)

(Anyway, you wouldn't know him. Being brothers, the only ones we play are each other. This leads to extreme mindgames, because we both know the other's playstyle inside and out. I'm better at racking damage, but he can usually kill me better. )

Lunatik

Smash Rookie
YOu keep playing like he wasn't at kill %. When he gets to a high enough %, normal moves like nair/f-tilt will become kill moves so you don't have to worry about landing the high risk moves like F-smash, U-smash, and thunder.

Also, just because somebody knows how to DI out of D-smash and get hit by thunder doesn't mean that you shouldn't be able to kill him and you are losing to him. If he adapts to your stuff, adapt back to his adaption to you. If you know he is gonna airdodge right away because of your thunder (After a u-tilt or u-smash) then wait and follow his airdodge to thunder him there. Or, just air chase him, which is waiting on the ground to pressure their landing (I could give you specifics if I know who he plays). You just have to get good at realizing what he does in certain situations and adapting.

A good example is me vs Seibrik (Pika vs MK). When I run at him with a T-jolt in front of me i almost always shield in his face because I'm scared he is going to up-b OOS after the T-jolt hits his shield. However, basically every time he grabs me. This lead to him dominating me for a long time. I finally got out of that habit, and now when i run at him I run and grab. However, he realized this and now he Power shields the T-jolt and f-tilts me because i don't shield. This goes back to what I said several posts back about the game being rock-paper-scissors with more than 3 options lol. You just gotta get good at adapting to what your opponent does, and then adapt to his adaptation of your adaptation.

Brawl literally is a mind-game.
this is the answer to your question about killing reall. that and what altairian said. it is soooo important that you react to your opponent rather than saying im gonna this and this and not try this. thats where your mindset is wrong. this is a game of reaction. if you react to opponent and take all his mistakes and punish the mistakes rather than try to land kill moves at innapropriate times you are gonna have a much easier time.

you see a thing u need to realize is that people do start playing different and more safe when they are at kill percentage. a good thing to realize is that they are going to shield a lot more, leading you to more grabs.

-gallax on gfs computer. more to come later cuz ima write a section about this since it is a common mistake.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
this is the answer to your question about killing reall. that and what altairian said. it is soooo important that you react to your opponent rather than saying im gonna this and this and not try this. thats where your mindset is wrong. this is a game of reaction. if you react to opponent and take all his mistakes and punish the mistakes rather than try to land kill moves at inappropriate times you are gonna have a much easier time.

you see a thing u need to realize is that people do start playing different and more safe when they are at kill percentage. a good thing to realize is that they are going to shield a lot more, leading you to more grabs.

-gallax on gfs computer. more to come later cuz ima write a section about this since it is a common mistake.
Gallax, this isn't quite right. Saying ima do this and this and not this works...but only the first time. You have to realize that if this and this doesn't work, to try this and another thing or that and this (each word meaning a different option obviously). When you find what works you should do it until it stops working, and then when you lose the habit do it out of the blue if you won't be punished for it (Like me hitting a U-smash, then QAC thundering under them for the kill. It works once every 3 months but it can be a kill in a tournament.)

Also, you said Brawl is a game of reaction. **** NO that is COMPLETELY WRONG. Brawl is a game of reading your opponent, but that doesn't mean reaction. Reaction is seeing him do this so you do that. Reading your opponent is knowing that in X situation he is gonna use A and you will counter it with C. Then the next time you know that in the same X situation he WON'T do A because you countered it with C, so he is gonna do E and you have a choice to do D, F, or H. Then, once he exhausts his options in that situations, you have to know which one he is gonna do, or get hit for it. This is why character like MK are top of the top. He has sooooo many options that are extremely safe so he can just metaphorically stick his hand into a bag and pick one out.

Brawl is a learning game. It is hard to actually learn character Match-ups because you are learning the player you are playing against. I can play chaz all day long and think I know how to play against marth, but then go OOS and play Pierce for example, and get wrecked because I adapted to chaz, NOT to marth. It is a complicated game...

Top Bottom