• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NESLIN II: New England Smash Lovin' In New-hampshire: ITS OFFICIAL! July 10th

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
NESLIN II:
New England Smash Lovin' In Newhampshire II

Named in honor of Lenny "Luigi" Neslin

What: The biggest Melee tournament NH has ever seen

Where: Richard W. Black Recreation Center
48 Lebanon Street, Hanover, NH 03755

When: July 10th, 2 P.M.-Whenever we finish

Prices:
Venue Fee: $5-8
Singles and Doubles: $10 each

BE THERE.

Date Set!

Hello again everyone! So the date has officially been set as the 10th of July. I know this doesn't work out for some people, and I really do apologize from the bottom of my heart. After talking it through with people here and the people at the venue, the 10th is going to have to be the date. A huge apology to anyone who wanted to come and now can't because of the date, but its the best I can do, and for everyone who can still come GET READY FOR SOME SMASH!

Also to those of you who may have other plans, I hope to see you at other tournaments going on this summer! I still love you all.

Introduction

Hello all! This summer New Hampshire is planning to host the biggest tournament that the state (and maybe even New England) has ever seen. Skler, myself and other New Hampshire folk are dedicated to putting on a tournament to remember for everyone, and between our dedication and your hype, we can make the magic happen.

Many of you may wonder why this is NESLIN II, and say "well I never heard of NESLIN I, wtf are you trying to pull?" Well, NESLIN I, also known as New England STILL Loves SleepyK: A New Hampshire Melee Tournament, was a tournament held last summer in honor of the one and only SleepyK returning to the area. Given that this tournament is not *specifically* in his honor, the name has been changed to represent it as such, but given it is part of the series this is number two.

For reference, a link to the thread of that tournament: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242327

for if any of you really cared anyways

I'm posting this thread many months in advance in order to get the word out for many reasons.

A) So an appropriate venue can be found. There are several options for venues within the town of Hanover, but in order to pick the one best suited for the size of the tournament, interest needs to be gauged. Depending on the number of people/how big the event does or doesn't become, whether or not it becomes a one or two day tournament, this all factors into the decision.

B) So that ff there is appropriate amounts of interest and it becomes a two day ordeal (or people just don't want to drive home that night), I can find appropriate housing solutions. There are multiple hotels nearby, likely there are people who would be willing to house attendees, but before I can make these arrangements I need to know who's interested.

C) Because I'm really excited about this, and everyone else should be too!

Venue

The venue, Richard Black Community Center in Hanover, NH, is a sizeable space that can host a large number of participants and setups. The last tournament in the building used 16 setups, and there was plenty of room for more. There is also a large main screen that can be used for high profile matches such as finals or semis, as well as a kitchen to make food in if you feel like cooking (just in case).

It is in a very convenient location, with several places to eat (or get delivery from) within 10 minutes walking distance. 3 pizza places, a taquerita, Ben and Jerry's, a couple Chinese resturaunts and a grocery store across the street give you lots of options for when your smashing gives you an appetite.

In the past, the people working there have been very pleasant with me and given me a very low venue fee, which I can in turn pass on to you! We will have the ENTIRE BUILDING to ourselves, so you won't have to worry about anyone getting in the way of smash awesomeness. Here are pictures of the venue area:

Things We Need

For this tournament to go on, I'll need everybody's help! For starters, if you can bring a setup PLEASE DO SO! No matter how big or small anything helps, so bring your cubes and tvs and we can really put on a show with this tournament. Also, if there is anyone who has recording equipment I would love to record at least the last few rounds of the tournament so please bring it! This is not only for people to remember the tournament by but so we can create publicity for this tournament happening again, if not this summer or the next, or even during winter break this December! If you can do this I would be forever grateful, and bringing these things will get you some dough off of the already small venue fee.

Rules

- Matches are best out of 3 with advanced slob picks and dave's stupid rule (explained below). Losers Finals, and Winners Finals are best out of 5, with Grand Finals being best out of 7.

Advanced Slob Picks:
The first game in a set is double-blind, and the stage is random (using the random stages listed in the stage selection section).

The following applies to any game in a set played after the first:
The loser of the previous game declares the stage to be used, using any stage that isn't banned. The winner of the previous game then chooses his character. Lastly, the loser of the previous game chooses his character, and the game can start.

- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.

- All games are played with 4 stock, 8 minutes, and no items. Any tie that occurs is settled by comparing stocks remaining (More stocks = win). If there is a tie remaining after comparing stock, compare damage % (Less damage % = win). If a tie remains after comparing stocks and damage %, play out sudden death.

- Before any stage is selected both players may agree to play on a specific stage or to not play on one of the random stages. (If both players don't like Battlefield, then you can agree that Battlefield will not be played if it comes up as the random stage)

Stage Striking:
At the beginning of the set, each player may strike one stage from the random list.
(It is only banned from the random selection, and can still be counter-picked later in the set)

Stage Selection:

Singles Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story,
Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, and Pokemon Stadium

Teams Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story,
Dreamland 64 and Pokemon Stadium.

Stages that are only banned in Singles: Great Bay (Termina), Mushroom Kingdom II

Stages that are only banned in Teams Only: Fountain of Dreams, Mute City, Onett.

Stages banned for Singles and Teams: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside,
Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue,
Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Mute City, Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle (DK Rap), Jungle Japes, and Green greens.

Additional Rules:

• For teams play: team attack is on, and stealing stock is allowed.

• Players may have a coach that can give advice to a player for one minute in-between games. As soon as the stage is declared, the coach must not say anything to the player (in terms of advice) until the match ends.

• Glitches that freeze a character, freeze the game, or simply make the game unfinishable are banned and using them will result in losing the entire set. For example, the Ice Climbers Freeze Glitch.

• Wallbombing and Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery. Stalling a game with any of these tactics will result in a loss of the entire set.

• Wobbling is not banned

• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

• Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.

• Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.

(Thanks Mass B.A.S.S I like your ruleset lol)

That's all I have for now, but as things change I will post it here!

People who have expressed interest:

thederrit, Brendan, and the Hanover Crew
Stratford and other dartmouth kids
Skler
MattDotZeb
TheManaLord
thOrn
Banks
SOLAR
Ken' Y
Prawn
The Irish Mafia
Mr. Wigz
dudutsai
Black Jinjo
Zeonix
JumpinSkiing
omnicloud7strife
KevinM (?)
Hero
Sky
Phantom
Shadowball2
Falco (MOP)
ThePurpleCobra
Ace Mazta
ToonySonic
Blanky
Xaoz
Pine
So Fatal
Parlnock

GET HYPE, DROP BOMBS

KING ****

Skler

Smash Master
This name is INCREDIBLE! It rivals LOBSTER (maine) for the best smash tourny name ever.

I'm psyched and busting out the entire triforce for this one. That's right, Skler plays Ganon and Sheik too.

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
I'm wicked sure that Puckgood and I will go considering our parents trust you (lol) because we went to your last one. We are trying to work on getting to a tourney in Marlborough Mass right now, so well end up asking them way after that happens. I'm sure there will be no problems, so just put us on the guest list.

Skler

Smash Master
This **** needs MORE HYPE. NH tournaments are notoriously awesome, that's why there have only been 2 of them. The rarer something is the better it is!

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
This was so good last time, that my mind was blown. Well, more accurately, it was so fun last time, that I will make every effort to come again. :D

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
GOOD NEWS! (? kind of) I didn't get into the middlebury language program so this tournament can be held at any point this summer instead of limited to early july.

or maybe even TWICE. bi-summerly?

anyways this makes timing much more flexible which means it can be even better!

Skler

Smash Master
Oh man, bi-summerly is probably the best thing ever.

Biweekly? Weak ****. Biannually? Hell naw.

Bisummerly? Sign me the **** up!

If you get the pun you get bonus points.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
my tech skill has gotten so much better

Ill take 8 stocks out of MA ...

depending on who goes

Top Bottom