• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Project Klonoa::..Pretty much dead:::.....

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
projectKLONOA

Currently we're looking for someone who can fix the ThrowN bone glitch which causes klonoa to glitch when thrown and while throwing into the screen, causes his shield to be waaaaay bigger than it looks, and keeps other characters from following his throwN bone in animations. We think it's just that the bone is just too incompatible and if we could hex Lucas' bone in place of our current ThrowN bone that may fix it. We'd much appreciate the help, PM frostymm if you're interested and believe you can help.

On another note; we're also looking for anybody who might know how to make an external graphic into a thrown collision. Like we want Klonoa's up-special animation to end and have the moo continue to go downward until it hits the floor or death boundry.

Klonoa's Most Recent moves:
UpSpecial (Moo fix)
SideAirB

Alright we finally decided to make the thread.
Our goal is to make Klonoa fully playable in brawl!
So far everything is looking good.

We are currently focusing on making his main attacks and animations.
Anyways this is where you can check for updates

.:To-Do
Finish all the animations-
Fix the texture problem (Too Bright/Dark)-
Pollish off the PSA-
Fix the ThrowN bone incompatibility glitch-

The Team:.
StarWaffle -Thats me! I am doing a lot of the animations.
Shock44 -He's done a lot of the hard hexing work, bone fixing and some PSA
Emeril127-He Made all the Alt Colors

TaroNuke-Animations
Frostymm -He made a lot of fantastic animations and a bit of PSA
*Fortwaffles -He helped us with the bone indexes and stuff
HidanOmega -He helped us with the PSA and external graphic positioning.
Snoopy -He did a lot of the hard PSA work and fixed a lot of glitches
Ronaldmcdonald -Hes done some animations and made the Kirby Hat

Alright so Klonoa will be replacing Lucas. We chose him because of his multiple projectiles and we tried to choose a character who isn't used by too many people. We are making every animation and not taking any from existing character (partly because they wouldn't work with his ears. Also the fact that Klonoa's bone structure does not work with Brawl animations.) We have managed to take some animations from Klonoa's game but not very many useable ones so far.

You really only need to watch the most recent one, but you can check out the others to see if we made any mistakes along the way.

Videos:

--------Most Recent Video 10 part 1 Video 10 part 2

-------Video 9

------Video 8

----- Video7

-----Video6

----Video4

---Video3

--Video2

-Video1

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
<3 all of the Model Projects so far ^_^
We can finally have Namco and Capcom in Brawl!! (technically lol)

If you ever go into moveset tweaking for Klonoa, I hope you make him based on Brawl+ or soon to come Project:M

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Klonoa huh? I've never played his game, but I can't help but love him. :3 And he's replacing Lucas? Sweet choice. One less annoyance for me to deal with now. XD Hope everything turns out nicely for you guys. It's looking really good so far :3

Revven

FrankerZ
I have a question on this: Is Klonoa able to run without running in place?
Do you have to ask this in every thread? Movement glitches are to be expected when you model swap, you have to fix the bones and (I'm pretty sure) do something in PSA with their running animation.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
No clue where Klonoa is from, but cool that you replaced his model.
How did you do that anyway?

Is he from a wii game and then you just grabbed the MLD0 file?

he's from klonoa lol but i think it was a ps1 remake of the game but on wii so im guessing yeah

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Excellent job, it looks nice. I'm a huge Klonoa fan, so I will watch this topic. Will we see a beta any time soon?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Is there a way to give him Peach's float? If not it could he could just have a floating move that can go into attacks and whatnot.

This is by far my favorite thing to happen to Brawl.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Is there a way to give him Peach's float? If not it could he could just have a floating move that can go into attacks and whatnot.

This is by far my favorite thing to happen to Brawl.

we were actualy going to give him a float X3 it wouldnt last very long though

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
WANT. I'm offering my full support here... though my skills seem to have become painfully outdated and outclassed.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
List of animations we have completed:
wait1 -will be changed
walkslow
walkmiddle
dash
run
attack11
attack12
attack13
attackhi3
attackhi4 -probably will be changed
specialS -still needs some tweaking and will be changed to normal B
ottoto
furafura
apealhi
apealS
fallspeacial
jumpsquat
win1
win1wait
win2
lose

diosensakiara

Smash Apprentice
just dont stop the project out of nowhere,you will get alot of hate like i got at my thread. =(
okay? =)

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
just dont stop the project out of nowhere,you will get alot of hate like i got at my thread. =(
okay? =)
lol well Theres no way i'll stop because of technical difficuties.; I have 3 backups of everything we've done so far. The only I would ever stop this is if someonw else randomly completes a different klonoa ;-;

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Is there a way to add new sound effects? It just can't be Klonoa without his baby talk.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Hm... Let's see if I can finish the Klonoa game before this model's released. It'll be my own little challenge! (I'm only on about World 4 right now)

Bring It On In It To Win It, Project Klonoa!

Secretchaos1

Smash Apprentice
This is gonna be awesome =P I'll be looking forward to it. Klonoa was an awesome game, just way too short.

highfive

Smash Lord
Very good! Although I've never played Klonoa I support this ****. I wish I had a highfive seal of approval for this.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
No there isn't, not until File Patch 4.0 is bug free.
By the way has anyone gotten the Sound Effects Guide to work? I tried my best and got stuck on part 12 cuz I couldnt find all instances of the hex values 00000001000000000000 in the Sound.spt file. Here's the tutorial:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=264305

If anyone can help me figure it out better that'd be great! It might make it so I can change Lucas' voices to Klonoa's for the project. Or if they ever figure out how to, add new sound effects for Klonoa to use. Hopefully that can be achievable along with the clone engine since I know that some people hate replacing characters they love to play as.

yugi1818

Smash Cadet
I want KoF chars but DX Idk if it will ever be possible so
no Kula Diamond od B. Jenet

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I dunno who this is, but he looks like a Sonic Character. Which makes it okay by me ;) Definately trying this out.

Top Bottom