• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle Tower: WiFi Tourney -tourney started! next round deadline: 9/17

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
The Battle Tower

This thread is dedicated to everyone's favorite feature of Brawl. WiFi! This is for anyone who's just looking for a nice friendly match over WiFi. To make this thread more fun and active, later, I'll be adding a ranking system for those who want to participate and every once in a while I'll be hosting tournaments!

If you're looking for a friendly match, just make a post saying you wanna friendly and just wait for someone to respond. You may want to leave your AIM or MSN for easier match set-ups or you can use the Pika chat and talk in there which you can find below.

:pikachu2: Pikachu Chat :pikachu2:

Let's all try to have fun with this and remember it's only WiFi, so no getting all butt hurt over losses and spamming the thread with your WiFi johns.

But first, I wanna create a database with all our info for those who are planning to use this thread often. So just leave a post with your info in this format:

K Prime
Tag: PIKA!
FC: 2406-4791-0340

Battle Tower II: Low Tier Tournament!

[collapse=Tournament Rules]
Rules

- Matches are 3 stocks and the timer is set to 8 minutes.
- Matches are best 2/3. Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are best 3/5.
- All items are set to none and off.
- In the event of a time out, highest stock/percent wins.
- First match is determined by stage strike. Winner of a match bans one stage and loser counterpicks with any of the remaining stages.

Stage List

Neutrals:

- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Smashville
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
- Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpicks:

- Delfino Plaza
- Castle Siege
- Frigate Orpheon
- Halberd
- Lylat Cruise
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar

[/collapse]

This tournament will be a Random Character tournament. this will be held using Siebriks random character ruleset. ill put it here

[collapse=Siebrik's Random Character ruleset]
Random money matches, asside from having a luck factor (go gamblers) are a good way of seeing which players are good with the most characters, or which players are best at thinking on their feet to figure things out as they go along. It's a good trait to have, either one of these, and the process to determine this is loads of fun, if done properly.

Here is a rule-set that can be used and considered while attempting to have a Random Tourniment or simply do random money matches. All of these rules are a result of trial and error, and have been agreed upon by all those whom participated (most of SFL).

I FULLY encourage players to experiment and fool around with the rules as they please, and let me know of your findings so we can further discuss the fairest possible rule-set for such cases.

Bare in mind, that this is by no means a source of new competative play, this is for FUN.

Without further ado,

Seibrik's Official Rules to Random Tournies and Money Matches

Pre-set

Players A and B declare their mains as accepted by the rest of the community.

My main would be MK, Ally's, snake, NickRiddle's, ZSS, ect....

Both players cannot get the main for the entire set.

We'll call this the Main Rule.

In the unlikely event that BOTH players get their mains, they may both choose to ignore the Main Rule, provided both players agree.

Next, Players A and B declare one character of the remaining cast that they want to ban FOR THEMSELVES: that is to say, that at any point during the set, this declared character comes up for themselves, they must restart the set.

I ban Sonic, and Ally banned DK. I cannot get Sonic as a character and Ally cannot get DK as a character.

This rule will be known as the Screw'm rule.

The Screw'm rule may be repeated up to three times depending on the length of the set, and to the discretion of the players.
Characters such as Zelda/Sheik, Pokemon Trainer, Samus/ZSS each count as one character. You cannot ban Zelda without banning sheik and so on. If you get one feel free to change into the other, (Good luck if you got samus and want ZSS.)

Every match will be played at random on one of the neutrals set for said tournament. My personal preference is to only use BF, FD, and Sville.

During the set, each player is allowed to have one re-do. That is to say, if you do not like the matchup, the character you got, the character your opponent got, or whatever, you may up to redo that match, where you reset out, and start a new match. When a match starts, both players must pause. The previous winner of the last match must be the first to decide weather or not they want to use their re-do at the start of the match, given both players still have their re-do. This rule will be known as the EFFDAT rule.

The very first match MUST be played out, unless it collides with either the Main Rule or the Screw'm Rule. (no mains, no banned characters). No use of the EFFDAT rule allowed.

A player may NOT be allowed to re-get a character they LAST won with.
This will be known as Seibrik's Stupid Rule, or SSR for short.

Other variations of SSR include TSR(Tommy's Stupid Rule) where no player can get the same character twice, regardless of win or loss. While this adds more variety, it takes away from the Random factor that is the RANDOM money match. This variation of the rule came up as a result of me getting Zelda/Sheik about 20 times under the course of an hour of doing random Money Matches. I kept losing, but toward the end of the night, my Sheik actually started getting legit. lol[/collapse]

If you have any questions at all for this ruleset, feel free to ask me or ESAM. for this tournament, i will do 1 screwem for all regular matches, 2 screwem's for losers and winners finals, and grand finals you will get up to 3 screwem's. make sure you declare ALL of this before the match begins.

Current bracket

Contacting Your Opponent
When it comes the time to play your match you must contact your opponent and set up a time to play. The easiest way to do this is to go to the WiFi Friend Finder Database, located in the 2nd post of this thread, and Ctrl+F your opponent's name. From there you can get your opponent's friend code and you can click their name to go to their profile page where you can leave a PM/VM to set up a match. Both players much contact each other! Don't wait for your opponent to contact you! If your opponent doesn't respond before the deadline, then you get the win for that set.

[collapse="Past Results"]
Battle Tower I Results:
Bracket

1: K Prime :pikachu2:
2: Serin :dedede:
3: KayLo :zelda:
4: Anther (DQ) :pikachu2:
5: Syko Lemming :pikachu2:
5: Kenny :snake:
7: Forever Zero :pikachu2:
7: TUSM :dedede:

9: Terios
9: Blash (DQ)
9: ~automatic
9: CaptainL
13: Urban Menace
13: Moko (DQ)
13: Espy (DQ)
13: Altairian
17: ElNoNombreHombre
17: ThaOriginChu
17: Wiscus
17: King
17: Avalanche
17: Nicholas1024
17: Alby
17: Arsage0
25: lmntolp
25: Frotoss (DQ)
[/collapse]

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
WiFi Friend Finder Database

Alantic North

altairian
Tag: ALT~
FC: 2664 9569 0572

AvalancheBarrage
Tag: Largo
FC: 1891 5513 7844

global-wolf
Tag: GLO-W
FC: 3567 2663 3523

KayLo!
Tag: KLO!
FC: 3265-4863-5997

Kenny
Tag: Butnz/K9
FC: 1247 6922 8934

LMNTOLP
Tag: LMNOP
FC: 1504-7709-5492

Nicholas1024
Tag: Nick
FC: 3867-3764-7301

Sgt. Baker
Tag: BAKER
FC: 3737-9211-9031

Terios
Tag: Terry
FC: 0345-6280-3033

TUSM
Tag: TUSM
FC: 0688-4923-9647

Urban Menace
Tag: Menax
FC: 0130-1507-8441

Ussi
Tag: NoSym
FC: 0602-5920-3633

Wiscus
Tag: wiscs or von!
FC:1161-5718-0815

Zeldspazz
Tag: ↓_↓
FC: 1462-4424-9642

Zolga
Tag: ZOLGA
FC: 3696-0048-5755

Alantic South

ESAM
Tag: ESAM
FC: 3738-5670-1969

Gallax
FC: 0345-0453-4700

Mercy
Tag: Merch
FC: 2277-6294-5291

PZ
Tag:=3
FC:3823-8243-4894

T3h Albino
Tag: Alby
FC: 5412 9572 4176

o-Serin-o
Tag: serin
FC: 0258-9968-6815

Midwest

Arsage0
TAG: Stew
FC:2105 8415 6545

King
Tag: Changes from time to time(like every week almost)
FC: 5156 2961 5309

Stealth Raptor
TAG: Thor
FC:0860-2948-1530

Southwest

Espy
Tag: Espy
FC: 2793-0286-2155

K Prime
Tag: PIKA!
FC: 2406-4791-0340

Leaf.
Tag: Leaf
FC: 3223-1519-8460

Pacific West

~automatic
Tag: Changes regularly and depending on the character.
FC: 2020 2299 0963

Backlash
Tag: Blash
FC: 2964-8275-0367

ElNoNombreHombre
Tag: ENNH
FC: 1548-8263-8134

Forever Zero
Tag: FZies or HAMHA
FC: 1418-6556-1821

Canada

Captain L
Tag: Lando
FC: 5370 0129 8104

Europe

Moko
Tag: Furry / others
FC: 3738 8996 8581

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Wiscus
Tag: wiscs or von!
FC:1161-5718-0815

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I will play. You should post your info and stuff so I can add you to the database.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Ohhhh my god, can't wait til I have real wifi so I can play all these people I've never played before. ;-;

EDIT: Lol, Prime and Arsage have the same wifi tag. I wonder how many Pikas use that one.... I've seen others with it too.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Pika can work in minimal lag.... you just have to camp harder. (Tjolts in lag are winnn~)

Besides, just because it's the Pika match finder doesn't mean you have to use Pika. It's just for the Pika community. x.o

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I know KayLo! I was kidding :p

Btw Idk if Im allowed but I might as well post my stuff ^_^

Zeldspazz
Tag: ↓_↓
FC: 1462-4424-9642

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Utilt > thunder doesn't matter when you SD every stock. ;-;

I dunno, I can't play Pika in bad lag at all.... can't QA, can't do even the simplest combos (fthrow > whiffed usmash ftl), and I dash attack all over the place for no reason. I never get used to button lag. x.x

Zelda requires only a c-stick and over b. Works for me.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Hmm... should I put the names in order by region? Would that be better?
I think so.

That would be good Kprime but is there enough people to organize it by region? or does the amount of people matter?
More people'll add their names over time.... region is better, imo. Looks better than one long list, and some people (like me) try not to play people too far away due to a crappy connection.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Me and KayLo! are one state apart, you better play me again sometime :mad:

You too altair, you live in ****ing NY!

altairian

Smash Lord
Sure thing dude, most days I play later at night but yeah if you want to play just hit me up. Also, see if you can convince your parents to bring you to Cura's smashfest next weekend ;) There's other parents that bring their kids as well so they can vouch for it being safe if need be!

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
ElNoNombreHombre
Tag: ENNH
FC: 3523-1913-1868
(Formerly of Eagleville/Norristown, PA)

Moko

Smash Cadet
Moko
Tag: Furry / others
FC: 3738 8996 8581

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Sure thing dude, most days I play later at night but yeah if you want to play just hit me up. Also, see if you can convince your parents to bring you to Cura's smashfest next weekend ;) There's other parents that bring their kids as well so they can vouch for it being safe if need be!
Hmm Ill check it out thanks for the info :O

AvalancheBarrage

Smash Ace
AvalancheBarrage

If anyone remembers I used to be Puffs (though I doubt anyone will o.o;) I use to come here a bit a while ago. I hope my wifi isn't MadeOfFail x.x

Oh if anyone wants to play now I'm up for it. I've been killing computers for the longest time so I probably suck, but meh. :3

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
AvalancheBarrage

If anyone remembers I used to be Puffs (though I doubt anyone will o.o;) I use to come here a bit a while ago. I hope my wifi isn't MadeOfFail x.x

Oh if anyone wants to play now I'm up for it. I've been killing computers for the longest time so I probably suck, but meh. :3
WHOAH

puffs, your back? welcome back mah friend, its been a long time :D how could i ever forget you being the recipient of that triple thunder a long time ago (it was you right?)

AvalancheBarrage

Smash Ace
WHOAH

puffs, your back? welcome back mah friend, its been a long time :D how could i ever forget you being the recipient of that triple thunder a long time ago (it was you right?)
I is back with WiFi :D Good to see ya/be back.

And knowing the stupid things I do, yeah, it was probably me, but heck if I remember. Barely remember what I had for breakfast anymore. :laugh:

Edit:
Oh yeah I had to get a new FC because my sister thought it'd be funny if she deleted my brawl data. She'll never do it again. >.>

And after reading Megatokyo (webcomic) I switched my name for the lulz.

Arsage0

Smash Rookie
Hey people let me know if you want to brawl I'm always in the mood for a chalenge. I have added a few of you allready so just add me and send a pm.

King~

Smash Champion
while im playing ladder i minus well add my info

King
Tag: Changes from time to time(like every week almost)
FC: 5156 2961 5309

yea message me, or get on the xat if you wanna play me. im really bad at the ditto though just a heads up

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Tourney sign ups are starting. Join up people! See the op for all the rules and junk. Nothing is banned yet, but let's say if enough people vote to ban infinites, planking, or even Metaknight then I'll add that to the rules.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
o-Serin-o
Tag: serin
FC: 0258-9968-6815

And sign me up for the the tourney.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
There should be a rule saying no Wiscus allowed. I'm so envious.

Anyway I'm here to ask if anyone will be available tomorrow morning around this time..
I've been trying to lessen my lagggggg.

Edit: Sign me up anyway :)
Maybe if Kaylo joins I can get zelda'd :3

Top Bottom