• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southern Entertainment eXpo(theSEX). March 19-20th. Denton(Dallas), TX.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Facebook Link(RSVP if you have one): http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=323134432512

SRK Link:http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=225742&p=8379461#post8379461

AllisBrawl Link http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8895

LiveStream:http://www.ustream.tv/channel/southern-entertainment-expo-thesex-sf4-bbct-ssbb-t6 (wont be up until that friday, duh...)

When: March 19th(FPS night and fighter casuals) and March 20(Fighters)

Where: Bruce lobby on the UNT campus(friday) and Hot Box Pizza in Denton(saturday): http://www.yellowpages.com/info-8715145/Hotbox-Pizza?lid=8715145

Fees:
  • 5$ venue
+
  • 10$Brawl singles
  • 10$Brawl per team
  • 10$Street Fighter
  • 5$Blaz
  • 5$Tekken 6
  • 10$ Halo 3(per team)
  • GUARANTEED 50$ minimum pot size. Distribution will be standard 70/20/10

Games: SF4, Tekken 6, Blazblue: CT, SSBB, Halo3(2v2)

Console: xbox360. BUT, im providing ps2-360 adapters so pad players can compete

Schedule of events:
Friday
  • 5pm: venue opens
  • 6pm: Halo 3 starts
  • 10pm: venue closes, GTFO and sleep for tomorrow
Saturday
  • 11am: Venue opens
  • 1pm: Brawl doubles start
  • 2pm: Tekken starts
  • 3: 30 pm: SF4 starts
  • 4 pm Brawl singles start
  • 6: 30 pm: Blaz starts
  • 12 am: Venue closes

Stream Schedule:
Friday
  • Either SF4, Blaz, or T6
Saturday
  • 11 am - 5pm ==== Brawl
  • 5pm - 6(?) pm === Tekken6 Grand Finals
  • 6(?) pm - 8pm === SF4
  • 8(?) pm ==== Brawl Finals
  • 9(?) pm === SF4 Finals
  • 10(?) pm === Blazblue finals

Here's how it's all gonna go down:
On Friday, we are gonna have a big gaming get together while running our Halo 3 tourney. For those of you that aren't into shooters, there will be free play on all our arcade fighters scheduled for Saturday. Get your last minute practice in while hanging out with the community.

--------------------------------Rules----------------------------------------​
  • Takeurlife's lag rule: It is each player's responsibility to test a setup for lag BEFORE starting the match and request a different setup. If a unit is found to be laggy by 3 or more players then the unit will be removed from tournament play.
  • MikeHaze rule: No yelling or making abrupt noises at your opponent.
  • Chibo's Video-for-the-masses rule: You cannot refuse to be recorded if you pay money to enter an event.
  • Pausing: Pausing forfeits the ROUND, not the set. In Smash, the MATCH is forfeited, not the set.
  • Button Checks: It is each player's responsibility to make sure his/her buttons are correctly configured BEFORE the match starts. A match can only be restarted for a button configuration if agreed upon by BOTH competitors.
  • All games are double elimination.

===--Brawl--===
+++STAGES+++
**Starter Stages(striking)
  • Smashville
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
  • Pokemon Stadium 1

**Counterpick Stages
  • Halberd
  • Castle Siege
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Brinstar
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Pictochat
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Delfino

**GENERAL RULES
  • 3 stock
  • 8 minute timer
  • Sets are best 2/3 matches, with the exception of all 'finals' sets which are best 3/5 matches
  • If the timer runs out, winner is determined first by stock, then by percentage
  • Items are set to "off" and "none"
  • Controller slot disputes will be solved by "rock, paper, scissors"
  • Controls and tags must be done BEFORE the match starts

**BANNED TECHS

• Meta Knight's infinite dimensional cape.
  • Any infinite grab (including wall grabs) if the opponent is over 250%. For wall infinites, this does not apply if the wall will eventually go away, i.e. PS1.
  • Stalling, including planking and scrooging (gliding under the stage repeatedly), is banned. Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. If you are unsure a tactic is considered stalling, ask the TO before using it.
**OTHER RULES
  • Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. Brawl Only. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners and the sudden death will be ignored.
  • Ledge Grab Limit Rule: Brawl Only. Characters are allowed to grab the ledge a total of 50 times per game. If you think that your opponent grabbed more than this, check the stats after the round. If it is exceeded the limit even by a single ledge grab they will lose the match (not the set).

===-- Street Fighter IV --===
  • All sets(save 'finals') are best 2/3 matches
  • All matches are best 2/3 rounds with 99 sec timer
  • Winner's finals, loser's finals, and grand finals sets are best 3/5 matches
  • Winner of the previous match stays the same character(arcade rules)

===-- Tekken 6 --===
[/COLOR]

• All matches are best 3/5 rounds with 60 sec timer
  • Life bar is set to 100%
  • No custom characters allowed. Custom colors are allowed in mirror matches

===-- Blazblue --===
  • All matches are best 3/5 rounds with 99 sec timer
  • Unlimited characters are banned
  • Astral Heats are allowed, but it is each player's responsibility to make sure his/her Astral is unlocked during button checks. If you lose because your character's Astral wasn't unlocked, you still lose.

===-- Halo 3(2v2) --===
  • Weapon spawns will be the same as the MLG downloaded sets
  • Maps = Guardian, Pit, Narrows
  • Primary Weapon = Battle Rifle
  • Motion Tracker = Off
  • Suicide Penalty = None
  • Time Limit = 12 Minutes
  • Vehicle Set = No Vehicles
  • Equipment = Off

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Any1 wanna be my practice buddy for SF4, Tekken6 and teamate for MW2 and SSBB? Got a month or so to prepare! :O

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
i think Tatsunoko vs Capcom should have been included
or some other game that is equally as good like MvC2

tekken is cool

but as for SF4 its way to slow pace for me all the moves can be read. light-years ahead.

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice

tekken is cool

but as for SF4 its way to slow pace for me all the moves can be read. light-years ahead.
oh? u wanna money match then?

Take can u make sf4 2vs2!?!?

takeurlife2

Smash Ace

tekken is cool

SFIV isnt about visual speed, it's about execution. Although its not as hard as the other games in the SF series, you still have to be very precise.

Intelligence and execution > mindless rushdown(although its still fun)

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Yo, Take, check the wording on the ledge grab rule. I think most everyone gets what it means but since its on Facebook and scrubs will be reading it, they might not understand and think THEY get DQ's for looking at the # of ledge grabs afterwards.

Other than that, looks amazing.

Edit: I already posted this on the facebook group but you might see it here first. That's the weekend of Spring Break and I just remembered I'll still be out of town. I'm sure most people will be back in time for it, but it might not be a bad idea to find out how many people will have to miss due to travel plans. Moving it a week earlier or later could bring attendance up.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Update also: CoD: MW2 has been removed from the list of events.

(For those of you who don't know, MW2 has no LAN lobby-- only single-console and online. We figured we could get around it, but, after some thought, decided that getting consoles online for a big enough game was simply a bad idea.)

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
*sigh* MOTHER ****ING BUMP.

Let us know who's coming! If it's anything like our last tourney (and we've designed this one to be much more than that), it'll be tons of fun.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Special note: check the schedule of events guys. Registration for all events ENDS 10 minutes before the event is scheduled to start. That's when im making the bracket, so that's when you need to be signed up by.

There are allot of events that have to get done, so take this initiative to step up and be on time. NO LATE REGISTRATION except in retardedly strenuous situations.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Man, i keep gettin confused between this tourny and your other one...
my other one(ex2) is gonna be ****ing huge. So don't miss it unless you wanna be THAT guy.

If you have to miss theSEX then its ok, its just gonna be a fun time/practice run(with placements and money, of course) for Ex2

Top Bottom