• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 European Player Tiers [update in progress]

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Smash 64 European Player Tiers

Hello everyone. The purpose of this list is for the global smash 64 community to know more about all the players of our continent. It can be used as a reference for seeding in online tournaments, or as a way to simply find Europeans to play with.

Note: the tiers are only categories of skill, and the players are ranked alphabetically within them.

BLUE indicates offline-only players.
GRAY indicates players who are currently mostly inactive.

S tier
Bear (Forest)
Craiigg (United Kingdom)
Fays (Netherlands)
Jam (United Kingdom)
King Funk (Denmark)
Mahie (France)

A tier
Armada (Sweden)
Fuzzyness (United Kingdom)
Mad-fighter (Germany)

Unordered

Pontus
Mazor
Zensn
Rocky
SheicK
Squall
Wabius
Dragon
Marcus
Olikus
Marcus
Richie
Ddiz
Stan
Luigo

SilentSlayers

Smash Journeyman
Johannes Langoy is at Dandan or Nixxxon's level. Not sure which. I think Dandan would know.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
This list is kinda innacurate. Me and Seigal are A tier and kinda close to S tier.
I played johannes langoy, I dont think he is quite on my level.
Also Sheick is not inactive.

SilentSlayers

Smash Journeyman
@ NixxxoN: I have received the same message from other people. I guess I was wrong. Nevermind.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Me and Cheeseball should put together an Aussie version, except it would probably start at D tier and go to G if we compared ourselves to you guys :p

dandan

Smash Lord
Me and Cheeseball should put together an Aussie version, except it would probably start at D tier and go to G if we compared ourselves to you guys :p
i wish we could play together, but 15 frames delay kinda sucks :D

Dsc

Smash Ace
Ok look.

I can sometimes beat petes yoshi and own hes "everything else".

that list is saying im the same as petes everythin else and it smells like cheese so i dislike that list.

NeoKronos

Smash Apprentice
um...Aussie tier list GO!

S++++++ God Tier
Leo

D
Kuromatsu

E
Judas
1der
ciaza
Pete's Yoshi

F
me & Rom & James(I think we're about the same)
Blackshadow & Sweet Revenge (after a long time, they'll probs beat us in a few weeks)
Kronos
c
BRad (rusty, I guess)
Pete's Falcon
Atticus

G
Dsc
Dark
Pete's everything else

Divide by Zero tier

My Ness
red1

No doubt Kronos will say 'I wasn't trying put me higher' and 1der will ***** about lack of Shaya and not being far enough above ciaza.
I may well be in that part of the tier, but you cant accurately post a tier list without some sort of testing or tournament. This is based on opinions and personal grievances do influence the outcome.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
im afraid that list is ******** :D

australians play differently from americans and europeans, technically shaya would be above everyone if we actually based the tiers, and no one can accuratley put anyone anywhere,

maybe if we had regular p2p matches where people agreed to play properly we could have an accurate idea, and even then me rom and AA dont gimp or play higher tiers characters.

to finilaze : a tier list will not and probably will never accurately apply to Australians, we play a lot differently.

The more accurate thing to do which i vote for is individual character tiers, i.e kuro is best probably for every character, but not including him xD pete would have best yoshi followed by Sr's, ciaz awould have best piakchu followed by blackshadow etc...

NeoKronos

Smash Apprentice

maybe if we had regular p2p matches where people agreed to play properly we could have an accurate idea, and even then me rom and AA dont gimp or play higher tiers characters.

The more accurate thing to do which i vote for is individual character tiers, i.e kuro is best probably for every character, but not including him xD pete would have best yoshi followed by Sr's, ciaz awould have best piakchu followed by blackshadow etc...
Thats right, but I would say you would need a tournament and have the placings of the tournament coincide with the results of the tier.

Letrien says:
man dis offends me

Even leo thinks this is a load of crap. Maybe should have headed my warning aa.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
yeh please remove this list aa or just remove me, the tier list really only applies to 1der, ciaza and blackshadow. maybe after lent ill p2p more people regularly then i wouldnt mind be put in a tier list.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
Bleh people care too much, looks like I should TAKE IT DOWN.

Jerks.

Shaya may be good at Melee/Brawl, but he's not exactly god of 64.
putting one up for Aus was just silly, very very silly.

and shaya may not be the god of 64 but realistically he is the only one that has three dimensions to his game, sure he probably couldnt beat truetears at the moment but the stuff he actually thinks of and knows how to apply is a whole extra game.

dandan

Smash Lord
i love how an european tier list turned out to be an australian tier list discussion :D

asianaussie

Smash Hero
We (I) should organise a tournament soon enough. It'd be much better if that website you spend all your time advertising wasn't just a video montage and an IP address :p

Oh wait, it now has no content! I hope this is a good sign, rather than a bad one.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
The Ultra Legit Australian Players Tier List

God Tier
ratsco

KITTEH Tier
Kuromatsu
Blackshadow

~El exquisito~ Tier
1der
Rom
ciaza
asianaussie

Sandbag Tier
Judas

LAGLAGLAG Tier
Kronos

Cool Beans Tier
Dsc

Everyone else Tier
Everyone else

MY WORD IS FINAL

James said:
and shaya may not be the god of 64 but realistically he is the only one that has three dimensions to his game, sure he probably couldnt beat truetears at the moment but the stuff he actually thinks of and knows how to apply is a whole extra game.
What 3 dimensions are you referring to that Shaya has?

australians play differently from americans and europeans, technically shaya would be above everyone if we actually based the tiers, and no one can accuratley put anyone anywhere,

to finilaze : a tier list will not and probably will never accurately apply to Australians, we play a lot differently.
This is just a player skill tier list. If players decide not to play higher tier characters, that doesn't mean we can't place them still. We can't (and don't) judge players by how well they could POTENTIALLY play if they decided to pick up Pikachu, only what they've shown us with their skill so far. If players decide not to gimp, that's their decision to limit how much of their skill they're showing us. You are right though, Australians play a lot different compared to the rest of the world, although I think it's a style difference (Australians tend to be very defensive and campy, this applies to Melee too).

blaze3927

Smash Ace
no one showz off there l33t skillz in server matches. and no one really applies them self in server matches.
like most people on aus smash i play because i get sick of homework and i find it enjoyable. i wouldnt find it enjoyable if i was trying to push myself to win every match or trying to prove something in a match.

and australians are hardly defensive, not approaching is not playing defensively at all its all a means of people trying to start an attack. no one on the australian server really actually thinks about defending, its all attack. thats where shaya is different and has the extra dimension to his game.
and please blackshadow remove this tier list aswell or just remove me, a tier list cant apply to us because we dont compete at smash the majority of aus smashers just play it.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
James said:
no one showz off there l33t skillz in server matches. and no one really applies them self in server matches.
That's my point. We can only base player tiers off of what they've shown to others. If Kronos tell us he actually is as good as Isai but never shows it, that doesn't mean we should place him in God tier. You need to also remember the nature of tiers, i.e they are constantly changing. Not to mention that if someone plays casual 64 on Kaillera and happens to be rated near the bottom of the list, why would he care that he was that low? Playing skillfully isn't important to him, so it shouldn't concern him anyway.

like most people on aus smash i play because i get sick of homework and i find it enjoyable. i wouldnt find it enjoyable if i was trying to push myself to win every match or trying to prove something in a match.
If you don't want to apply yourself in matches online, that's fine. No-one forces you to. But on that same note, it shouldn't concern you where your place is on the player tier list, since playing skillfully isn't important for you in the first place.

and australians are hardly defensive, not approaching is not playing defensively at all its all a means of people trying to start an attack. no one on the australian server really actually thinks about defending, its all attack. thats where shaya is different and has the extra dimension to his game.
You're giving Shaya too much credit. We have good players that consistently think about being defensive AND offensive. In fact, that's what makes good players good players; they can see when is the best time to attack and when is the best time to defend. Shaya's "extra dimension" is just him being a good player. You also seem to forget that 64 rewards offensive play over defensive play: being able to combo a player to death consistently can get you quite far in medium level play. Some of our medium level players, therefore, seem to only know how to be offensive in play. Which is once again proof that good players alternate between the two styles as is considered most efficient.

For instance, whenever I lose a stock, I do two dairs from the revival platform during my invincibility frames, and during those dairs I ask myself "what was my opponent doing in that stock that caused me to lose it? Was he playing offensively or defensively? Is he position camping? What is he doing now?" etc etc. And, as a culmination of all those questions, "how should I change my playstyle to suit these changes?". These sorts of questions are required at a high level of play. Admittedly, who I consider the top players on this server are the sort of players who I know think in these ways, because they're the only ones I lose more than 25% of the time to.

and please blackshadow remove this tier list aswell or just remove me, a tier list cant apply to us because we dont compete at smash the majority of aus smashers just play it.
I'll remove you from the list, but your reasoning is flawed, as my previous posts argue. I only do so out of respect of your personal wishes. Not to mention my list isn't serious anyway, since I figure a player list is determined by a whole community debate, rather than one player's. It's not even ranked from top to bottom in order (for instance, Judas is down below exquisito tier, yet he obviously isn't as bad as Kronos.)

Overall, I think it's healthy to create a player tier list. Sure, some players may not wish to play this game and compete with others, but competitiveness fuels communities. If the overall standard of Australian play improved, we wouldn't have to compare ourselves to America's worst players and say we're D tier compared to them. Hell, we'd actually be contributing to making the Smashboards Smash 64 section move into it's own category. I don't think you can outright say "Desiree's Server is casual" and tell me to remove my list because you don't like the idea of us becoming competitive. Who says we can't be?

blaze3927

Smash Ace
thankyou, much appreciated. i have no regard or care about anyone being placed anywhere on the ,list its more the possible repurcussions that i dont want.
ive explained a little bit more in my pm

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Nobody can make walls of text like Blackshadow.

Australia be taking over Europia.
Revenge of the slaves, haha. Time to pull out a revolution.

I agree with a lot of what you say black shadow, but you can't accurately put together a good tier list in the short time you've been back. I do care when I play in server matches but playing with you under lag means I can't perform 100%. However aa has played me numerous times in p2p and so can accurately put me on a tier list.

SO like in the the character tier list, we should all be working together to get an accurate list, not just one thrown together by one person and say it's final.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
ciaza said:
I agree with a lot of what you say black shadow, but you can't accurately put together a good tier list in the short time you've been back. I do care when I play in server matches but playing with you under lag means I can't perform 100%. However aa has played me numerous times in p2p and so can accurately put me on a tier list. SO like in the the character tier list, we should all be working together to get an accurate list, not just one thrown together by one person and say it's final.
My list isn't serious lol, and I also said that it should be a community debate:

Blackshadow said:
Not to mention my list isn't serious anyway, since I figure a player list is determined by a whole community debate, rather than one player's. It's not even ranked from top to bottom in order (for instance, Judas is down below exquisito tier, yet he obviously isn't as bad as Kronos.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom