• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LeviNifty Presents- Fight For Your Lifes!- Signups Finished- The Fight Starts Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
LeviNifty Presents..​
Fight For Your Lifes!​

Welcome to my 4th Online Tournament :), This is a 16 man themed tournament as was my last 2 so please make sure you read the rules carefully that are coming in a little bit.​

Special rules for this tournament:

First off everyone must choose THREE characters to use in this tournament, which means no other character can be used if you havn't listed them. The twist in this tournament is that not only can you only pick three characters but if you lose a match then the character you used in that match is not to be used again, which means you can only use the other remaining characters in the rest of the matches and this goes on which means each charater being eliminated per loss. As the name of this tournament suggests ur characters are basically your lifes so when you run out of lifes, your out of the tournament. If you win a match then nothing changes and you get to keep your characters remaining :)

Think of this tournament as a elimation tournament which means the last one standing is the winner :). As forementioned, this will be a 16 man tourney and there will also be no brackets so you can fight anyone you want to challage. However no one can have more then 2 challeges at a time so you will have to wait till that person has completed their challages.

You can only use one of your three characters in the one entire match so say you choose Pikachu to fight in that matcb, then you can't use the other two in that particualr match and if you lose that particular match then you can't use Pikachu again.

Since this is a kind of process of emlimination then if say Kazoo has two chars and you have one and its the final then if you win against Kazoo then you will have to face him again for his remaining life/char, but if you lost the first one then Kazoo would be the overall winner since he took away your last life/char.

Also only people with 100 post count or higher can enter but i can make expections if someone vouchs for another

Basic Rules:

Each match will be:
* 3 stock
* 8 minutes
* No items
* All matches will be played best 2/3 (two out of three)
* Neutral Stages are allowed for counter picking
* 16 man tournament

Extra Rules:

* In the case of the timer running out the winner will be decided by stock and if the stock is the same then it will be decided by percentage. If a winner can not be decided by this manner the contestants will go in to sudden death.
* The Infinite Dimensional Cape Technique is banned from this tournament
* All participants are limited to 3 (three) characters only.
* If a participant can not play or if the lag is unbearable the match will be decided by a coin flip.
* All participants who do not play or flip for their matches will be disqualified. If a problem occurs please VM or PM me.

[/LIST]

Stages:

Neutral Stages:

* Battle Field
* Final Destination
* Smashville
* Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counter Picks:

* Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Frigate Orpheon
* Delphino Plaza
* Jungle Japes
* Pirate Ship
* Picto Chat
* Rainbow Cruise
* Norfair
* Lyat Cruise
* Luigi's Mansion
* All Neutral Stages listed above

Contestents (Lifes):

1.dragonblooded / db. / 3438-3578-4003/ :marth::dk::kirby:
2. Cubone/Qbone/ 4983-4608-3365/ :rob::gw::diddy:
3. NightSky/NiGHt/ 1935-2220-3712/ :mario::fox::metaknight:
4. Jimmyfosho/Jimmy/3094-8397-9269 / :mario::pikachu::luigi:
5. Aibou/Aibou/1720-2621-5874/ :zelda:/:shiek::gw::dk:
6. Exn/Zen/5070-2805-2051/ :kirby::jigglypuff::olimar:
7. professor mgw/P.MGW/2105-8323-5356/ :link::ike::samus:
8. TaterSalad0811/TATER/3738-9350-0265/ :kirby::pikachu::fox:
9. thegreatkazoo/KAB or other tags/2922-8999-6173/ :mario::marth::rob:
10. Shadowfirex100/SogeK/3824-8826-1903/ :luigi::falcon::snake:
11. Rust/Rust/4940-5111-7981/ :olimar:: pokemontrainer::bowser:
12. Swordslad12/?/ 1333-1368-0690/ :mario::luigi::snake:
13. Zero Σ/Zero/1333-3741-0563/ :ike::dedede::metaknight:
14. MysticKenji | Kenji | 0645-5485-7188 | :snake::gw::ike:
15. Today/Today/2750-1032-6433 / :gw::peach::olimar:
16. Chaos/Chaos/2235-2490-9487/ :toonlink::metaknight::lucas:

Reserve list:

Sorry no prizes this time :( I'm a bit on the poor side at the moment haha.

Chatroom:

http://xat.com/LevisNiftyTorunament

Also I hope this is a successful tournament and since the rules are a bit confusing at first Ill work hard to make them clear to everyone.

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
Player List:

DragonBlooded: 0 lives, Challeges-

Cubone: 2 lives, Challeges-

:rob::gw:

NightSky: 0 lives, Challeges-

Jimmyfosho: 0 lives, Challeges-

Aibou: 2 lives, Challeges-

:zelda:/:shiek::metaknight:

Exn: 2 lives, Challeges- Aibou

:kirby::jigglypuff:

professor mgw: 0 lifes, Challeges-

TaterSalad0811: 2 lives, Challeges- Rust

:kirby::kirby:
thegreatkazoo: 2 lives, Challeges-

:marth::rob:

Shadowfirex100: 3 lives, Challeges- TaterSalad0811

:luigi::falcon::snake:

Rust: 1 live , Challeges-

:bowser:

Swordslad12: 0 lifes, Challeges-

Zero Σ: 0 lifes, Challeges-

MysticKenji: 3 lives, Challeges- Aibou

:snake::gw::ike:

Today: 0 lifes, Challeges-

Chaos: 0 lifes, Challeges-

Additonal rules:

If you have been challenged by someone and you do not respond for three days, you lose a life and the other player will keep his lifes.

If you fail to do another match in three days in addition to previous failed match then you will lose all your lifes :mad: , this is to speed up the tourney process since it was been slow due to matches not being met.

This starts from now so all previous challeges will now be erased which means you have to challege who you want again but this time ill pm the one being challenged.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Yay! First!
dragonblooded / db. / 3438-3578-4003 / :marth: :dk2: :kirby2:

Also, if anyone would like to lend a helping hand and show me how to actually play Kirby correctly, hit me up. :laugh:

Aibou

Smash Master
Aibou/Aibou/1720-2621-5874/(:zelda: / :shiek: ) :gw: :dk2:

If Zelda and Sheik aren't considered one character here, then remove Sheik please.

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
@ Aibou: If you choose you Zelda then you're free to transform during the match but you lose that match you can't use both again.

I will sign u guys up now

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
do we have to go in order of our character pickings? o-o
No can use any of your chosen chars in any order, but remember if you lose with one of those chars then you can't use them again and can only use the remaining chars

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
~Looks interesting :)i actually was gonna make my next tourney like that with the char=lives xD

professor mgw/P.MGW/2105-8323-5356/:link2::ike::samus2:

Rust

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rustic
Less than a hundred posts, but PLEASE VOUCH FOR ME EXN/ZEN

Rust/Rust/4940-5111-7981/Olimar/Pokemon Trainer/Bowser

(if no voucher, ignore that this post happened) x.x

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
since ur near hundred posts Im gunna let you in but make sure you make an effort to do the matches, gd luck :)

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
sigh :ohwell: did you read the over 100 posts rules.

Oh well no matter ill put you in but as with Rust make sure you do your matches, dont let me down :)

Ill add you two now

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Okay, just a quick question about the rules, let's say I play Cubone in round 1. In the 1st game, I play Pikachu and beat his R.O.B. The next game, he beats my Pikachu with Diddy Kong, and in game 3, I beat his Diddy Kong with Kirby. Does that mean in round 2 I'm restricted to only using Fox and Kirby? And what if, say I make it to the finals, Kirby was the only character I hadn't lost with yet, but my opponent in finals (let's say Kazoo) still hasn't lost with either Marth or R.O.B. If I win against R.O.B. In game 1, but lose to Marth in game 2, does that mean I lose the finals, even though it was a 1-1? Clarify please.

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
Okay, just a quick question about the rules, let's say I play Cubone in round 1. In the 1st game, I play Pikachu and beat his R.O.B. The next game, he beats my Pikachu with Diddy Kong, and in game 3, I beat his Diddy Kong with Kirby. Does that mean in round 2 I'm restricted to only using Fox and Kirby? And what if, say I make it to the finals, Kirby was the only character I hadn't lost with yet, but my opponent in finals (let's say Kazoo) still hasn't lost with either Marth or R.O.B. If I win against R.O.B. In game 1, but lose to Marth in game 2, does that mean I lose the finals, even though it was a 1-1? Clarify please.
Okay good points :laugh: looks like i need to add a rule or two in this tourney.

with your first point, I think it would better if the rule is you can only use one of your three characters in the one entire match so say you choose Pikachu to fight in that matcb, then you can't use the other two in that particualr match and if you lose that particular match then you can't use Pikachu again.

For your second point- Since this is a kind of process of emlimination then if say Kazoo has two chars and you have one and its the final then if you win against Kazoo then you will have to face him again for his remaining life/char, but if you lost the first one then Kazoo would be the overall winner since he took away your last life/char.

Sorry if this isn't clear and I hope it clears up your question, if it doesn't just say and I do something about it :)

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
Thats right Rust so my advice is use your chars carefully or you could lose them very quicky :laugh:

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
Signing you up now Kenji :)

Note to all: I will be away for most of the day torrmorrw so if this fulls before or during my absense then it will start when i get back, just saying so no one worries about the starting point :laugh:

edit : @jimmy: i think I was a bit vague, you have to lose the 2/3 match to lose use of that char

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.

Note to all: I will be away for most of the day torrmorrw so if this fulls before or during my absense then it will start when i get back, just saying so no one worries about the starting point :laugh:

edit : @jimmy: i think I was a bit vague, you have to lose the 2/3 match to lose use of that char
alright, i dont have to play the same person over and over again until i lose all or my opponents lose all of their lives?

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA

So what would happen in my hypothetical scenario? Not that I would make it to finals, lol

PROVE ME WRONG, WOLF, YOU CAN'T LET ME GET PWND.

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
alright, i dont have to play the same person over and over again until i lose all or my opponents lose all of their lives?
Nope after you won or lost a match, if you have any chars left then you can still challenge another player, however something im gunna add is that you can't challege the same player twice in a row, you would have to wait till you had a match with another player first. However if there are two players left which would be the finals then that rule doesn't apply

I put these extra rules in the 1st post now but sorry if this has been confusing I think I should of thought of it a bit more :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom