• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thriller: Housing

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
There are a lot of interstate travellers coming in for Thriller, as well as a lot of regional players who will most likely need to stay in Sydney over the weekend.

A lot of smashers prefer housing obviously than to paying out for accomodation. The best offers around the time are various backpackers and cheapish hotels around that could fit various amounts of people, reducing costs...
And there are also various smashers who are able to house people as well.

Accomodation (Sydney CBD or close to venue):
Hotel Formule 1 Sydney Airport/Mascot This thing is not only within walking distance of the venue and airport, it just threw out a special of $80 per night for a twin room over the weekend of the tournament. There is still the 2 singles/1 queen rooms for $119 per night.
Sinclairs City Hostel $70 per night (2 beds)
Westen Backpackers: $32 per night dorm room
Sydney Central Hostel: $29 per night dorm room
HOME Backpackers: $23 per night dorm room

Well theres lots of dorm options, and wotif is a good lister of such things. If you dont really have a group to book a room with or something, dont by shy and post! Seriously, 4/5 people in the F1 rooms is reasonably cheap over all; or booking out an entire dorm room so you are with people you know is good too!

Smasher Housing

Various smashers in Sydney may be able to house you! But Im not entirely sure who they are and how many they can house! Please inform, and also please try and convince your parents/those you live with in sparing floor space or a couch too!

Gords has said he can maybe house up to 4 people.

People Wanting Housing:
Please post if you need housing, and if you are happy to get accomodation with some people! Also inform if your situation has been resolved!

Out Of State:
Sieg
Jbirds
Hotdogs
Apollo

Intra State:
?

Gords

Smash Champion
I should be able to house people probs about 4, could be more but don't count on it. I am about an hour away from he venue by transport.

Also sieg. Do you know if the other qld guys are think of coming. Such as DJ, ben, Vyse, arrow, etc. Usually they like to stick together maybe I can house you an them as well.

Anyways I'll need to confirm with mum on numbers but she did say that I could have people stay.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
just posting that if i dont get housed i wont be coming, too tight with money now due to unforseen things

tedeth

Smash Master
Ok. Ok.... Ok.

Well.

I am currectly housing (I assume) Luke and the Hyrule Kings of Swing, as well as Condog.

TECHNICALLY I can house maybe 2 more people. However, my house is very small and it will be a very tight squeeze. I also don't live close to the venue.

If they still need housing, I am happy to offer first dibs to the Tibs Ribs and also to Hotdog, because they are both kings among men.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I was meaning to talk to you about that ted, imo we should find a cheap place to stay in the city, its so much easier for the 2 days and we can chill out instead of having to leave early and ****.

tedeth

Smash Master
Nah I think it would be better to stay here. Especially since I already talked mum into leaving us the house. DW you'll get a good night's sleep this time. :p

kupo

Smash Lord
Grunts > Charmanders imo ;3

Also I got the all clear, just need to confirm housing (if possible) then purchase tickets. Then I'm all set.

Surgi

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Temple, trying to find the mirror shield
Umm I am confirmed to come at the moment as I should be set for costs and everything. Housing would be very very helpful but its possibly not necissary. Thanks for putting me on the list Shaya. Unless something happens in the next 2 months you guys will see me there.

kupo

Smash Lord
Out of curiousity...who's actually booking/stay a hotel near the venue?

If anyone can house me, I'm happy to pay. Will give lots of melee prac [hopefully...*.*]. The sooner the housing stuff is sorted the better.

Thanks in advanced. :)

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
earl and i are coming and we both need housing.
earl is getting up there on friday and coming back monday and im going up saturday and coming back sunday so i just need accomadation for one night.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I spoke to my mother last night about this. As it stands the answer is "probably, but I won't know what we're doing until closer to the date." Based on history I expect to be able to house around 4 people.

So I'll be able to help out the stragglers who haven't sorted out housing later on at least. :S

Dekar289

Smash Hero
t-rex is possibly the sexiest man alive
if you house him you will have hot naked sydney sluts rocking up at your door every 14 seconds

Top Bottom