• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GameUnderground VideoGame & Music Fest MA June 27th - Only 2 days left! Register now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
VIDEO OF THE VENUE

Main Event Screens

Check out the radio ad that will be on WAAF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH44RXadzzY

AiB link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9568

The best single day event imaginable
$20 covers it all!
A full day of tournament play / friendlies followed by an amazing concert! Who says you have to stop playing during the concert? I don't. If you ask me playing smash during a concert in the same room sounds INCREDIBLE

Spots are limited.

I will be limiting brawl and melee.. Brawl will be under 100 people, melee will be just over..
GET YOUR TICKETS WHILE YOU CAN

Tickets are on sale now!!!!!

Here is some extra info...

WAAF and the US Army Present:

Game Underground Video Game and Music Festival!!!
Sunday June 27th Showcase Live, Foxboro MA!

An all day event featuring over $2000 in Cash Prizes in tournaments for

Halo 3
Super Street Fighter 4
Super Smash Bros Melee and Brawl... See More
Tekken 6
Rock Band guitar only
Guitar Hero Metallica guitar only

Musical Performances by

Powerglove
Metalliham (New England's Best Metallica Tribute Band)
Brentalfloss
Jesus Candy (download our song on RBN in April!)

Immediately following the Tournaments will be a huge concert IN THE SAME ROOM AS THE GAME SETUPS! So you can continue to play the games for fun in a non competitive atmosphere while rocking out to some awesome bands! (music games have their own room so you can hear your tournament!)

Showcase live is AMAZING it features 3 HUGE Projector screens for the main events, food, and a full bar for those of you 21+.

Tickets are only $20 and are available NOW on ticketmaster.com and at the Showcase Live Box Office!

Smash Prizes are

1st $200
2nd $100
3rd $50

This money is Guaranteed by Showcase Live the venue this event is being held at.

You can only enter Melee OR Brawl but both will be available for freeplay on site!

THERE WILL BE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR EACH EVENT SO BUY THEM ASAP SO YOU DON'T MISS OUT!!!!!

Brawl rules

•3-stock
•8-minute timer
•No Items

Starters:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's DS
Lylat
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Seige
Halberd
Delifino
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

- All sets are best of three, except winners and losers semi-final and finals as well as grand finals which are best of 5.

- Controller ports are decided by coin flip.

- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless
agreed upon.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by
percentage. If there is still a tie then a 1-stock 4-minute match will be played on the same stage

Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned. That means this can't even be used to avoid invincibility at the beginning of the stock (to avoid confusion).

DDD's standing chaingrabs are ALLOWED.

You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing,
disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that
match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for
knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering
one of these effects.

Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached

Beginning of the set:
1. Opponents choose their characters via double blind pick
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure each player will alternate striking a
stage until there is 1 left. That stage is played first round. THERE IS NO RANDOM UNLESS IT AGREED UPON BY BOTH PARTIES.
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned from the counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage.
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Suicide Rules:
If Bowser, Kirby, Ganon, Wario or D3 suicides someone off the stage, the match is awarded to the character initiating the suicide.

The Mages DQ rule: (Will be VERY rigidly enforced)
2 minutes late: Warning
4 minutes late: Loss of first match of the set
6 minutes late: Loss of set

Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she
may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is
so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that
there is not unnecessary confusion.

Wiimotes and Classic Controller users must take batteries out when not playing a match. (Please, if at all possible, avoid using these during the tournament)

No planking or scrooging rules! (maybe) Want MK banned? Come break him. Don't want him banned? Come win anyway.

Live performance from Brentalfloss sometime during the wkend (maybe) and other things as well (keep your eyes on this thread).

Melee rules:

Melee:
•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
- The opponents will strike down to an agreed Starter Stage for Round One of each set. Port Priority picks first, if their is a disagreement on who gets port 1 it will be solved with RPS.
- Strikes go 1-2-1-2 the number referring to the port or whomever won RPS

Stage List:

Starters
Battlefield
Dreamland 64
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Final Destination

Counterpicks
Brinstar
Corneria
Donkey Kong 64
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

HYPE

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Sweet. Free food at the venue.

And a petting zoo?

Jake is too good.
-DD

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
That venue is AMAZING I've been to 2 concerts there. It's BY FAR the best concert venue in New England! Better than House of Blues! I will so be there!

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Tickets are on sale now!!!!! Here is some extra info... Jake is gonna post up rules ASAP!!!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Game-Un...nd-Music-Festival-2010-tickets/artist/1429083

WAAF and the US Army present Game Underground Video Game and Music Festival Sunday June 27th Showcase Live, Foxboro MA!

An all day event featuring over $2000 in Cash Prizes in tournaments for

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Super Street Fighter 4
Super Smash Bros Melee and Brawl... See More
Tekken 6
Rock Band guitar only
Guitar Hero Metallica guitar only

Musical Performances by

Powerglove
Metalliham (New England's Best Metallica Tribute Band)
Brentalfloss
Jesus Candy (download our song on RBN in April!)

Immediately following the Tournaments will be a huge concert IN THE SAME ROOM AS THE GAME SETUPS! So you can continue to play the games for fun in a non competitive atmosphere while rocking out to some awesome bands! (music games have their own room so you can hear your tournament!)

Showcase live is AMAZING it features 3 HUGE Projector screens for the main events, food, and a full bar for those of you 21+.

Tickets are only $20 and are available NOW on ticketmaster.com and at the Showcase Live Box Office!

Smash Prizes are

1st $200
2nd $100
3rd $50

This money is Guaranteed by Showcase Live the venue this event is being held at.

You can only enter Melee OR Brawl but both will be available for freeplay on site!

THERE WILL BE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR EACH EVENT SO BUY THEM ASAP SO YOU DON'T MISS OUT!!!!!

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Tickets are available on Ticketmaster.com right now! I am so psyched that you can actually buy a Smash ticket on Ticketmaster!!!! It's worth seeing the way we managed to have them make the Smash, SSFIV, etc listed on their site! I am so psyched that we got them to do it this way. You just pick the tournament you want the same way you would pick balcony, lodge, etc at a normal concert.

Sick.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0100447D98087816?artistid=1429083&majorcatid=10005&minorcatid=57

The venue and our sponsors have been amazing! Please help support GU and buy your ticket asap! It's only $20 and if we can sell some tickets early it will really make us look good!

Thanks guys!

Who's coming post up!!!!!

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
It's $20 for the event INCLUDES 1 Main Event Tournament entry! You get the concert and tournament and everything else that happens included.

You can only choose 1 of the events listed but there may be some other events time permitting... such as Rock Band Drums. Those will have separate entrance fees there.

Teams... I doubt there will be time but we won't know until we see how things are going there. I would go into the event not expecting it and if it happens... awesome.

Here is the facebook group for this event btw...

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=114079751939270&ref=mf

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Just heads up guys, spots will be limited for this event. It's $20 , single day event but that's your venue fee, tournament fee, and covers the concert as well! Think of it as like.. a dream smash fest?

So Fatal

Smash Master
hmm the prizes seem kinda small, about 18 entrys worth, will it be going up? Cause like if 50-70 people entered and only 350 is given out, that would be kinda meh

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
It's not $20 for the tourney alone though, it's for door fee + concert + whatever. I'd guess it amounts to about $8 going into the pot per person, which is ~$400 for a pot (using your #'s). It's still a good amount of money.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Like i said this event isn't about coming and winning a huge cash prize, it's about coming and having the time of your life!

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
lol fatal, chill bro. If you wanna be like that, then think that the tourney entry is free and you're paying for a $20 concert pass (since that's what the concert only pass is). I'd say a $350 prize for a "free" tourney is good.

Either way, the prizes are a decent size. No reason to complain, they aren't going to get bigger because you want them to.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
so then why isnt a concert only pass 12 instead of 20?????
It's not that I don't want to do that or promise larger prizes it's just impractical for this event.

The amount of funds a venue like Showcase Live requires to run an ALL DAY event is likely a lot more than you think.This event needs attendance of over 400 people to break even. (I really hope we can sell more tickets than that though)

Also $20 for Powerglove and Metalliham in this venue alone is worth it.

THERE ARE NO ADDITIONAL ENTRY FEES EITHER...(unless we have time to add other tournaments at the event) there is no venue fee no tournament fee... $20 for a 13 hour event.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. this sounds like the successor to gameunicon, so Im definitely in.

2. There doesnt seem to be an address or location of any kind in the OP

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
A flat $20 for everything this is offering seems almost too good to be true. If my summer plans weren't so unconfirmed at the moment, I'd buy a ticket in a second.

Also, this happens to be 6 days before my 21st birthday >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom