• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need this deleted or locked please. NO BUMPING

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
this is the weekend right between the start and end of college exams for the spring... i'll probably will try to go nonetheless and hype this to everyone. if i do go i'll bring a full set up with brawl.

HYPE

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Updated:

• Brawl+ Dubs cut out.
  • Brawl+ Singles Saturday night (the last Chelmsford tourney did this - basically the 3rd event).
  • Only Melee on Sunday.
  • SSB64 on Friday - along with the usual smashfest where you can play whatever you want or hang out wherever.
  • Updated title :)

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Couldn't this be pushed back a month or two so it would be during the summer? I'm sure a lot more people will come if it's not during school, and spring break is pretty staggered for different schools.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
m-m-m-mass? this would be epic if this was a huge regional. I'll be there? Need housing from someone... roman>@?!?

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Couldn't this be pushed back a month or two so it would be during the summer? I'm sure a lot more people will come if it's not during school, and spring break is pretty staggered for different schools.
Or, I can just hold ANOTHER one in the summer, assuming all goes well with this tournament and the motel manager allows me to hold another one, which will most likely happen (I'm confident in it).

Also it's the weekend of my birthday ^_^ (Didn't even mention that until now *posts on AIB), and I had my eyes set on this date for a while because of this fact, so I'm not going to reschedule. I'd just host another one :)

@ Spife: Don't you help Ace run Melee at Super Mass Bros events (and getting the venue in general since you live literally next to Greenfield)? Mind being a host for Melee if you go?

m-m-m-mass? this would be epic if this was a huge regional. I'll be there? Need housing from someone... roman>@?!?
That's what the motel is for ^_^

Spife

Smash Master
Bloodcross, my help for that tourny goes as far as getting the key and opening the doors, so i've never TO'd, I'd be willing to help but i'm sure there are much more qualified people in the area.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Bloodcross, my help for that tourny goes as far as getting the key and opening the doors, so i've never TO'd, I'd be willing to help but i'm sure there are much more qualified people in the area.
Ah, that's right. I can always ask for help on the day of the tournament anyway (brackets, reffing, etc...).

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I gotta take a look at my schedule, but I'll definitely come if it's not during my finals. I'll also help run whatever.

Maaaaad hype!

Roman.

Smash Champion
how many people can the venue hold?

can there be melee setups for friendlies for sat?

probably should change melee doubles to 10/20 instead of 5/10... there's probably going to be a lot of hype (assuming the venue can hold a lot of ppl)

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
how many people can the venue hold?

can there be melee setups for friendlies for sat?

probably should change melee doubles to 10/20 instead of 5/10... there's probably going to be a lot of hype (assuming the venue can hold a lot of ppl)
Approximately 150 people.

Sure, Melee setups on Saturday is fine.

Yeah I do notice the hype, will change Doubles fee.

Prawn

Smash Master
BC I'd be more than willing to help you run this if you want/need my help.

Also I'm thinking of getting housing on the night of 24th? Anyone wanna get a room and partay?

lemme know

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if the melee time constraints are going to work well. 7 hours for melee singles starting at 5pm? People aren't staying as late as midnight.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I've never heard of uxbridge in my life... will be here though.

Melee on sunday is fine, it means we have a whole day to warm up.

Spife

Smash Master
I've never heard of uxbridge in my life... will be here though.

Melee on sunday is fine, it means we have a whole day to warm up.
never heard of it either

and lol, roman STILL wont be fully warmed up after that day :bee:

Hype machine activated, generating copius of hype and distributing to the entire community.

Also, I'm bringing my Wii. I know Nacho and Emmy will bring theirs too, and Nacho will bring a TV.

Also HYPEEEEE

Prawn

Smash Master
yeah ill bring a wii/tv as well

probably for both melee and brawl

Almo

Smash Ace
The times should be tentative. In other words, Singles start when Doubles end and so on. This way if something finishes you don't have 2 hours of warm-ups and then people are complaining that it's running too late. Usually the *Schedule is subject to change* rule works fine, which you have up there. You're fine on that and no one should worry about things not finishing. i.e. melee singles.

If I go, I would be willing to run Smash 64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom