• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bdacus.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Now that we know how to do it, I'm going to try and collect all the information and applications pertaining Diddy's BDACUS in this thread. As you can tell, I'm going to be updating this thread a lot, seeing as there isn't much in it yet :laugh: Post any videos/info you think should be added in the meantime!

Version 0.1: The absolute bare bones of this thread are put in place
2/19/1

-=--=--=--=-
-= BDACUS =-
-=--=--=--=-
Diddy's Applications and Uses
v0.1

HOW TO PERFORM:

This technique is performed by canceling a Dash Attack with an Up-Smash on the first frame of the Dash Attack. This is made possible through buffering; buffering is where you input a command before another animation has ended, such that if you input the command within the "buffer window" (which is the ten frames at the end of the animation I believe, but correct me if I'm wrong), the command will be executed the first possible frame. Buffering the Dash Attack allows you to input the Up-Smash much easier. This is the input:

(During another animation) Control Stick Forwards > C-Stick Up > C-Stick Up

*or*

(During another animation) Control Stick Forwards > C-Stick Down > C-Stick Up

USES:

• Throw Banana Down > BDACUS
  • Dribble > BDACUS
  • D-Tilt > BDACUS

VIDEOS:

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Could you try Fthrow to BDacus pls and record it?

It would also be nice to know if this is escapable or not ^^

Nice thread, nice vids :)

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
Lol i never knew you could do it out of popgun. SHOOT MORE PEANUTS!!!

Great thread though =0

hankydysplasia

Smash Cadet
I'm excited to see the first tournament video with someone using this. The beauty of diddy is that with a banana he already has so many options. This is just one more.

-Joannett88-

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad to see you posted my vid. I've heard lots of people saying diddy's dacus is a ****, but I disagree. On May there's a tournament here, in spain, and I will introduce Bdacus into my diddy's metagame. Hoping the best!

ADHD

Smash Hero
The peanut to dacus is useless, because you will be shieldgrabbed. They'll see the peanut and shield it, then see your upsmash hit their shield and grab. Maybe if you delayed the upsmash so they think they're safe after the peanut diminishes. Nice though.

Wouldn't hitting the c-stick up twice do a running upsmash though? I don't understand how that buffers a dash attack. Also is this hard to be consistent with? If not I'll start using it.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I'm glad to see you posted my vid. I've heard lots of people saying diddy's dacus is a ****, but I disagree. On May there's a tournament here, in spain, and I will introduce Bdacus into my diddy's metagame. Hoping the best!
Good luck Joan, get vids =V
Are you planning to come to any B-Impact in Paris ? If you come, I'll be the douchebag cheering for you all day long in the background.

leffen

Smash Champion
ADHD u realize that u can cancel peanut gun with shield -> Bdacus right? ( they see u shield and go and try to punish u ( unless they are dumb and HOLD shield when u peanut them ).
and u bdacus them and still got a nanner in ur hand :D

EDIT: also u dont trip on bananas when u are usmashing <3.
Lol diddy dittos are gonna be so gay now.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
I honestly don't think this will be very useful at all unless you are just retreating. Otherwise, it kinda fails as an attack.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
I honestly don't think this will be very useful at all unless you are just retreating. Otherwise, it kinda fails as an attack.
imagine someone is spamming bair and you use this to **** up their spacing. now your on the other side of the stage and they have to move closer to you, or you get banana/peanut advantage. its not like snakes where its laggy at the end

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I used this in Doubles at the last tourney I was at, but it was kinda more for lulz than anything else. Although, dribble>Bdacus and D-tilt Bdacus seem to work.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Yeah nice find and all, but I don't think many uses can come out of this besides the dribble to bdacus, that's pretty ill. Good enough reason for me to learn this, I'll start now.

-Joannett88-

Smash Apprentice
Good luck Joan, get vids =V
Are you planning to come to any B-Impact in Paris ? If you come, I'll be the douchebag cheering for you all day long in the background.
Of course, my matches will be recorded.

I won't come to any B-Impact. But if there's organizing a tournament like Super Lyon, i'll attend it for sure.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Yeah I can't get this still. I don't know the timing for the buffer of the imputs, if someone who knows how to do it could record themselves doing it with the audio from their controller I could learn this.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Okay I learned how to do this, seems like you have to have your control stick back at neutral before you do the second C stick input. I can do it semi-consistently now on command, but overall I know the timng and buffer inputs for this, so I'm good.

This can be useful by itself to get away from your opponent or situation. You can also use this to chase after something if you need to. D tilt to Bdacus is alright, same as sidestep. Dribble to Bdacus is the best though, I suggest looking into this and putting this in your play style in certain situations.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm 95% sure you can also do this from simply throwing the banana straight down (not glide tossing). This would be the quickest way to do the technique but I only did it once and could not do it again, so I'm guessing the timing is super hard/fast.

-Joannett88-

Smash Apprentice
I'm 95% sure you can also do this from simply throwing the banana straight down (not glide tossing). This would be the quickest way to do the technique but I only did it once and could not do it again, so I'm guessing the timing is super hard/fast.
Yeah, you can, and yes, it's probably the quickest way. But d-tilt is fast too.

In my opinion, glide toss straight down is the best option.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Just a thought question, can you do a BDACUS right from the start of the match? (inputting the commands while the screen says "GO!") If so then it could be a way to be on the offensive early in the match.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Just a thought question, can you do a BDACUS right from the start of the match? (inputting the commands while the screen says "GO!") If so then it could be a way to be on the offensive early in the match.
I don't think you can buffer the start of the match, but you could Spot Dodge > BDACUS or something. It wouldn't be instantaneous, though.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
You sure about that? I don't see why buffering from the start is any different than from something else.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
You sure about that? I don't see why buffering from the start is any different than from something else.
There shouldn't be a buffer window where you can't enter any command in the first place (IE, the start of the match). I HIGHLY doubt there is a buffer window there, but I'll eat my words if anyone can prove me wrong.

bolero

Smash Rookie
With the dtilt to bdacus I think you need to input the bdacus right when you hear the clap/see the red and yellow stuff come from his hands. Is that about right?

Edit:
Also is it easier to do the dtilt > bdacus with A and tilted down for the dtilt or with down on the control stick and down on the cstick?

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
With the dtilt to bdacus I think you need to input the bdacus right when you hear the clap/see the red and yellow stuff come from his hands. Is that about right?

Edit:
Also is it easier to do the dtilt > bdacus with A and tilted down for the dtilt or with down on the control stick and down on the cstick?
i just input the bdacus as soon as possible for dtilt which works
i do down then a for the dtilt

DUB

Smash Lord
I'm definitely going to learn this. It looks amazing useful with Falco and some of the Diddy uses did look applicable. I guarantee that the Grounded Naner Pull --> BDACUS will hit people at the start of the match thinking they can rush you while you pull out bananas. It may not be the best option, but I can see it being a surprising opening.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I'm definitely going to learn this. It looks amazing useful with Falco and some of the Diddy uses did look applicable. I guarantee that the Grounded Naner Pull --> BDACUS will hit people at the start of the match thinking they can rush you while you pull out bananas. It may not be the best option, but I can see it being a surprising opening.
That WOULD be cool... Maybe you could turn your back towards your opponent, pull the Banana, and wait a moment or two to BDACUS (out of Spotdodge, for example) so that you'll catch the Banana during your slide. This won't work against fast characters, but it would help us get in their face really quickly with a Banana in hand.

This trick would probably only work on FD and sometimes Smashville, though :\ With that said, your idea really would be cool to surprise the opponent on nearly any stage. I like :)

Player-1

Smash Legend
I think the best use for it right now would be to mindgame your opponent on the ledge and attack from far away with a high priority attack where they're almost forced to be in your range.

colddegree

Smash Cadet
is this possible with the nunchuck? cause i can dacus perfectly with the nunchuck, and i might pick up diddy again so i wanna know if this technique is possible with the nunchuck.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Again, could some people test FThrow to BDacus ?

I have done it sometimes already, it is possible, but I'm very inconstant in this.

I want to know if Diddy has a frame advantage. All I can say is, that it looks like it isnt escapable at <20% I think. Maybe only <10%... maybe it is always escapable but I dont have another person here to test it with me :S

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
Top Bottom