• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: Gold Feather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
PROJECT IS ON HOLD INDEFINITELY, NEED A MASTER HEXER TO FIX PROBLEM

Project: Gold Feather

As Cloud ventures to the new world, one little brave bird follows him.
His name is Chocobo

To Do:
Fix rotation problem (might take a looong time)
Custom Animations
PSA
Coin Portrait/CSP/Battle Portrait
Team Textures
Voiceover swap

Completed:
Export the Model
Hex Edit Material1 and Polygons (thanks to ds22)
Apply model ingame as an alloy
Apply model ingame as a character (Yoshi)

Movesets:
Found some ingame animations already :D
AAA:
Triple Claw Kick
FSmash:
Chocobo Kick (the standard attack move in Chocobo games)
Dair:
Grandslam Kick (Somehow like Sonic's move in Sonic Battle where he spins and smacks down opponents with his foot)

To-be-made Animations for moves
Dash Attack:
Baseball Slide

I need more ideas on his B-Moves (Also note that I don't know how to put model items so no custom Chocobo books for now <.< )
I'm thinking of a charge-like attack for his Side-B, called Chocobo March (Rollout style but one way)
Up-B? Need a REALLY good idea for this one

The Team:
Kei Takaro: Project Head
Zephron: Textures
King Dry Bones: Custom Animations
N64 Billy: Ideas Guy/ Custom Animations

Some Extra Stuff:
I might plan to base some of his B Moves with either Chocobo's dungeon 2 (Spellbook Moves) or Final Fantasy Fables Version (Job Skills and stuff)
I also might try to put his blue bracelet back (I don't like his brooch and the bag IMO)
I might need help in brainstorming the Moveset
Anyone who'd want to join feel free!!

~Kweh!

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Other good news is that he has built in animations! I can export them into Brawl for faster progress
(I still might do custom animations =D )

Zephron

Smash Ace
Custom animations are always win. Do some! :D

I'd also love to help in any way I can, I love FF and especially Chocobos of course.

I could help make a more brawl-esque texture and re-colors mebbe.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Gotta catch some sleep guys, I'll try putting him in alloys tomorrow, hope he does well!

Edit:
Zephron: I don't plan to use his Chocobag and Puzzle Brooch, as you can see in the main picture, he still has a red strap around him. Alternate colors would also be fun XD

Shonrrati

Smash Cadet
I like it :laugh: If you need help with animations or anything I got your back. Also, are there any good stages that could be ported along with chocobo?

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
I like it :laugh: If you need help with animations or anything I got your back. Also, are there any good stages that could be ported along with chocobo?
Take smashville, and model swap every villager with a chocobo! Texture in grass, and with the fence already in place... Chocobo ranch X3

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
I was just about to work on him. he should work on yoshi... he has over 90 bones i believe. Also, i fixed the texture so he doesnt have a collar. maybe ill do cid

Zakeil

Smash Rookie
Yay! Chocobo in Brawl! :) As far as the moveset goes, couldn't you use some of his moves from his different job classes in Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon? And for a stage, you could maybe use one of the locations from the town in the game? Just a couple of suggestions.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Final Smash: This.

Make it happen, or something like it if possible. XD

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
lool epic, I don't have experience in PSA honestly other than switching animations
So any volunteers for that part of the project? :D
Also, w00t that Chocobo has 5 wait animations and some good stances

n64billy

Smash Ace
This would be great over Yoshi!
I know nothing about Chobocos and FF, but if it works over Yoshi and you need help, give me a shout and add me to MSN, it'd be nice to actually join a team that's doing something :)

Purellme

Smash Rookie
Aww he's adorable! But great idea, can't wait to see how it comes out!

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Just watched his job skills on youtube,also I think the jobs are in a different file, similar to Kirby's Hats but I'm not too sure about that

diosensakiara

Smash Apprentice
Just watched his job skills on youtube,also I think the jobs are in a different file, similar to Kirby's Hats but I'm not too sure about that
Well Kei Takaro I have a PERFECT idea for his final smash he could use one of his summoning magicites either Bahumut,Ifrit Alexander,Pheonix,Ramuh,etc

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Just tried replacing Yoshi in Brawl, seemed to work fine for a while (even with some attacks) before the beep of death
Here's a lol shot

Well, it's a start XD

EDIT: So what am I supposed to do/can I do about this? Import the animations first? Also rotate the model? (<-- Unless you have an alternative way to fix)
Didn't rename the bones either, am I supposed to?

n64billy

Smash Ace
Just tried replacing Yoshi in Brawl, seemed to work fine for a while (even with some attacks) before the beep of death
Here's a lol shot
Well, it's a start XD

EDIT: So what am I supposed to do/can I do about this? Import the animations first? Also rotate the model? (<-- Unless you have an alternative way to fix)
Didn't rename the bones either, am I supposed to?
Haha, glad to hear that he works over Yoshi!
You shouldn't have to rename any of the bones to get a working model... You only need to rename them if you want to simplify the bone names, or if you want to match the animations. Everything else uses the bone ID's (Which I hear can be changed to some extent from some other program I think)

janfeae

Smash Apprentice
The klonoa project people had the same problem but they fixed it. Ask them how they did it.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
I haven't ported Chocobos animations yet, Im gonna see if its gonna work well

You guys give me ideas for his basic moveset
Also how do I hide a materials?

Edit, maybe I can move the puzzle piece on his leg and vertex hack it to be a blue necklace

Edit, will be porting some of Chocobo's animations later, can't wait to try it :D

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
He's so cuuute, he's making a snow angel :3

Back on topic: If there's anyway to converge both the Chocobo's dungeon 2 and the Final Fantasy Fables Version, then PLEASE do so, as they're both are excellent games and both should be incorporated into the brawl version :3

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Oh okay, you can join in, what do you specialize at? :D

(lol tiny bit of info, was DLing the ISO but you made it faster for me to obtain mdl0, thanks btw)

KingDryBones

Smash Cadet
Oh okay, you can join in, what do you specialize at? :D

(lol tiny bit of info, was DLing the ISO but you made it faster for me to obtain mdl0, thanks btw)
i can do animations (mostly basic stuff like wait1 and stuff like that)
i can do texture hacks (i do have some good ideas for Chocobo's texture costumes)
i'm not very good with PSA however... >.<

btw if you need any of Chocobo's Job costume forms for alternate costumes i'll be glad to send them to you ok?

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
i can do animations (mostly basic stuff like wait1 and stuff like that)
i can do texture hacks (i do have some good ideas for Chocobo's texture costumes)
i'm not very good with PSA however... >.<

btw if you need any of Chocobo's Job costume forms for alternate costumes i'll be glad to send them to you ok?
Hmm, I'll see if I can make any element of the jobs work in my favor, the animations seem to be compatible (hopefully though)

n64billy

Smash Ace
Hehe, I'm on the team *Giggles*
Umm, firstly, my username is n64billy, not N64 Billy (Pet hate I have)
My name isn't Billy, it's Sebastian, and I've never even met someone called Billy before..

That aside, you could also put me up for textures, models and PSA. Not sure if I could get the PSA done, but I can at least help with it in some way.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord

You called?

If you just want re-colors I can make those faster, but I was planning to make them a little more detailed.
Or is this not about that?
Hmm, well we COULD have a more Brawlish texture appeal to Chocobo, also to mention that we need to remove the red collar in his body texture (too lazy lol ~.~) you can go crazy with the textures I guess with whatever you feel like making from them (team colors for Chocobo is a must though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom