• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The PS1 windmill.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I always watch videos of people getting stuck in the windmill, and today I figured out a way to go through it. Not sure if this is known but if you hold down, as if you were going through a platform, you can jump through the windmill in any direction. (Go down, up, left, or right.)

If this is known, please close this thread. If not, I'll post a video tomorrow.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Huh I didn't know this (that you could go through the bottom or sides by holding down).... I'd never read anything of the sort about it, and everyone I know irl always gets screwed over by the windmill...

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Wow, I did not know this. O_O

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Interesting, never knew, although I hardly play on PS1 anyways.
Well the windmill was one of the reasons why I never played that stage, that's ill.

So you mean to tell me no matter what direction I get hit from, as long as I hold down I'm going through that windmill?

Luigi player

Smash Master
It doesn't work if you got hit. But it works if you jump.

This is good to know... and it helped that you posted it in tactical I don't look to stage discussion often :D

Browny

Smash Hater
^^ lol... suddenly the rock and fire stage walls have dissapeared and now projectiles can pass through the windmill?

•Col•

Smash Champion
If I am understanding this right.... Even when a part of the windmill is perpendicular to the ground, if you hold down you can jump through it? If so... Then no, I had no idea, and it sounds freaking awesome.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm asking myself why the hell we didn't discover this in 2008.

This is so simple, yet it has evaded us for two ****ing years.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I'm asking myself why the hell we didn't discover this in 2008.

This is so simple, yet it has evaded us for two ****ing years.

......... Maybe it's been longer than 2 years................

SOMEONE GO CHECK IF THIS WORKS IN MELEE.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
......... Maybe it's been longer than 2 years................

SOMEONE GO CHECK IF THIS WORKS IN MELEE.
The problem in Brawl is that you normally couldn't pass through it, while you could pass through it in Melee at will >.>

Question, if you are holding down while in hit stun can you pass though it?
Only one way to find out.

*Boots up Wii*

Edit:

The answer to this question is no.

•Col•

Smash Champion
The problem in Brawl is that you normally couldn't pass through it, while you could pass through it in Melee at will >.>
Oh.

*hasn't played Melee in over a year and barely played on PS1 to begin with*

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
That's interesting...
But for some reason, characters with more than 1 double jump cannot go upwards on the right side with through it while doing their double jumps, still...

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Question, if you are holding down while in hit stun can you pass though it?
Not in hitstun.

That's interesting...
But for some reason, characters with more than 1 double jump cannot go upwards on the right side with their double jumps, still...
It's similar to platform cancelling. You cannot do that with "double jumps" of characters with multiple jumps. Not really sure why though.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
One more reason I'd consider going gay for NickRiddle.

But really, great ****. I like that stage - this part, but now it's so much better.

~Not Fino

Browny

Smash Hater
because watch every competitive match ever on PS1, and note how gameplay completely stops once those stages are up and characters like MK hide behind the rock wall, or fox/ike/snake sits in the gap, DDD stands on the right side of the fire stage... its almost never safe to approach anyone who goes behind the walls and matches take 1-2 minutes longer because of pure stalling on PS1

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
PS1 and RC are dumb stages and should not be legal.

FD should be a CP.

The only neutral stages are Battlefield, Smashville, and IMO Halberd

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
This isn't a stage discussion thread so I won't bother to defend myself here, but please don't just mindlessly insult me without telling me what you think is wrong with my post.

I'm also aware that I said things that are controversial to people who just accept the status quo without thinking about it, but that was kind of the point.

J4pu

Smash Champion
good piece of knowledge to have.
since it works like platform canceling I'm guessing it doesn't work if you are performing any action at all while trying to go through it. (confirmation please)

Top Bottom