• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delta Upsilon III Results - Feb 20th

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Delta Upsilon III
Ohio Circuit Event #4
February 20th, 2010

Brackets

Doubles Results - 7 Teams
1. AlphaZealot & Blue Rogue - $70
2. Overswarm & Kel - $40
3. Lou & Z - $20
4. Sil & Wakka - $10
5. KB & Beegs
5. Steel Samurai & Clowsui
7. Sole & PsychoPenguinX

*MK WAS NOT BANNED*

Singles Results - 22 Entrants
1. AlphaZealot - Diddy Kong - $100
2. Blue Rogue - Wario/Ice Climbers - $45
3. Quivo - Toon Link - $30
4. Overswarm - R.O.B./Fox/Donkey Kong - $15
5. Kel - Marth/Snake/MK - $10
5. Beegs - Marth - $10
7. Mr. E - R.O.B.
7. Lou - Mr. Game & Watch
9. KB - Peach
9. Sil - R.O.B.
9. Wakka - Diddy Kong
9. Argent - Lucario
13. King Yoshi - Pikachu
13. Steel Samurai - Marth
13. Clowsui - Falco/Marth
13. Moose - Sheik
---Pool Cut Off---
17. Links24 - Link/Toon Link
17. Mowse -
17. Sole - Zero Suit Samus
17. Crow! -
21. Sleep -
21. PsychoPenguinX - Pikachu

Let me know characters cause I forgot some! Hard to keep track of 20+ peoples characters lol.

TEN (10) DIFFERENT PEOPLE WON MONEY AT THIS TOURNAMENT! THAT IS OVER 40% OF THE PEOPLE THAT SHOWED UP!

AiB results coming soon!

clowsui

Smash Legend
i went falco/marth this tournament, shoutouts later. ss can't give any b/c he has no internet but he had a fun time and learned a lot

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
mk banned tourny?
No, Ohio just has balls. :)

@ I'm extremely disappointed in myself as a player right now. I'm a very competitive person by nature, and 9th place three weekends in a row (with heartbreaker close calls with high ranked players but unable to close the sets out at each tournament) doesn't sit well with me. I'm not satisfied with anything outside of top 5. I'm going to take a little break from the game and focus on some other stuff right now. Otherwise a fun tourney, Delta never disappoints. Shoutouts to come later.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Rofl stfu clowsui. I know I didn't deserve 3rd place. Anyway, it was good seeing everyone again this tourny

1. AlphaZealot - Diddy Kong - Good **** finally beating Blue Rogue and winning another one of your tournies.
2. Blue Rogue - Wario/Ice Climbers - Too good. 2nd set I didn't really know what to do , so i just tried random things to see if it would throw you off. It did not lol.
3. Quivo - Toon Link - Get better
4. Overswarm - R.O.B./Fox/Donkey Kong - I honestly wish you would've went ROB or MK, that way my placing would be more legit. It's all good though, I'm glad you guys had fun.
5. Kel - Marth/Snake/??? - You just need to learn the TL matchup with other characters. I personally think your MKs good. You should've tried snake too. Snake is too gay.
5. Beegs - Marth - Fun MMs, but too many dumb things happened in our matches lol. Oh and teleporting Marth was crazy.
7. Mr. E - My diddy wants revenge on norfair
7. Lou - Mr. Game & Watch - we need to play next time Lou!!! Don't get discouraged man, you just need to keep a positive attitude.
9. KB - Peach - Pretty much the same as Lou. You guys are too good. I was really looking forward to playing you, but we never got to play : ( Next time.... hopefully we'll hav emore set ups somewhere
9. Sil - R.O.B. - You've improved a lot. We had a close set. I always seem to forget that I should NEVER chase Rob off stage.
9. Wakka - Diddy Kong - Wakkkka, it was good seeing you man and playing that pools match. Next time massive friendlies when there are more setups. Oh and melee too. I hope to see you guys next weekend.
9. Argent - Lucario - Claptrap sucks : ( Good seeing you man, and our set was intense/fun.
13. King Yoshi - Pikachu - Good seeing you as always man.
13. Steel Samurai - Marth - Sorry we didn't get the friendlies we wanted, and I could've done the MM after I was eliminated, but I felt bad since Beegs and I hogged the TV for two sets. Next time we'll get stuff in. By the way, my diddy vs your marth was so fun.
13. Clowsui - Falco/Marth - Buahaha get 3 stocked by my diddy.
13. Moose - Sheik - Moooose, are you free mondays? I think Technodreamer is goign to come and play maybe.
---Pool Cut Off---
17. Links24 - Link/Toon Link - Good games in our Pools match man. Tl is too fun. I saw some really good stuff, keep it up man.
17. Mowse - I don't think we played : (
17. Sole - Zero Suit Samus - We need to do friendlies sometimes man, we've only done it like, once or twice lol
17. Crow! - Nice Link man, keep it up
21. Sleep - Keep playing and coming back to tournames man, I hope you had fun
21. PsychoPenguinX - Pikachu - Glad you made it out man, See you at the next smashfest.

wakka444

Smash Ace
soon as Q starts maining diddy he'll nvr be lower than 2nd!!!!!!!

i wish i couldve stayed for the tourney and convinced them to have meleeee

QUIVO

Smash Master
Diddy tastes so good. So did MK, but I still haven't played him in tourny. : )

My Diddy actually got Blue Rogue up to like 60 percent before he touched me. But then he started to try and 2 stocked me lolllll. So really, it ended with a slippery slope : p

clowsui

Smash Legend
q your diddy was on fire, came back vs. ss and 3 stocked me LMAO

i 2-stocked aZ in friendlies, by inui logic you're better than aZ

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Kel used MK... He wouldn't have gotten past me otherwise... :p

Also, I apologize to everyone who asked me to team... I told myself I wasn't going to team if I couldn't find a definitive partner... I'm a little upset at the fact that every single person I asked to team turned me down though (except Sole)...

1. AlphaZealot - Grats on beating Blue... Seems like no easy task lately...
2. Blue Rogue - As an extra incentive for you: If you win the next tourney, I'll buy you that milkshake...
3. Quivo - That CP cost me dearly... I know exactly where I should have taken you too... I'm learning this matchup the more I play you...
4. Overswarm - I took your advice on not worrying about pools... On the other hand, my defense needs improvement...
5. Kel - Should have had ya on Rainbow... Those platforms messed me up... I still feel like I could have made a batter CP though...
5. Beegs - Trying stuff in pools didn't seem to work... I need to stick with what I know...
7. Mr. E - I mean no disrespect to you by not teaming... You've heard the story from me...
7. Lou - Hey! We avoided each other for once... Almost set up another set for the money though...
9. KB - Don't let it get to ya... Trust me...
9. Sil - Nice job on getting the one seed...
13. Steel Samurai - No matter how far you are ahead on a Lucario, the game is far from over...
13. Clowsui - Our first set since like C4 Galore, wasn't it?
13. Moose - I could see how you thought Frigate was a good CP, but you have to remember those extra options I mentioned...
17. Links24 - Play more TL...
17. Mowse - Hope to see you at more tournies...
17. Sole - Nice talking to ya... See you at OUGA... *shoulder charge*
17. Crow! - YbM said something similar to me... :laugh:

QUIVO

Smash Master
Sorry Argent, I decided 10 minutes before getting there that I would go and hang out for doubles. I didn't have time to run to the atm. I knew the night prior I was coming for at least singles.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Small enough that I might actually bother to do a full set of shoutouts? *gasp*

TeeVee, MK was not banned but OS/Kel decided they would eschew the use of MK based on the fact that nobody else at the tourney mained MK. OS/Kel still used double MK for most of doubles (where by most of doubles I mean the three five-game sets they played against AZ/BR) and Kel still johned about Lucario and used him in singles against Argent.

So yeah...

AZ - Yo man you won two of your tournies in a row, what's up with that? I'm disappointed we didn't have some sort of fun side tourney (not Melee) after the oh-so-brief brackets but oh well, always good to get out reasonably early too. We also had the ugliest set ever, hopefully next time we're both a little more on our game.

¡Quivo! -

OS - You still owe me a Fox ditto in the future!
Kel - Yay you won 5th again...
Beegs - Thanks for allowing me to learn how to fight marf again after getting my *** beat by SS in pools. Ahaha, that third game on Brinstar... How silly of me.

Lou - You play one of the few characters capable of edgeguarding ROB. Do it!
Sil - Bros before ROBros, I see how it is :(
Wakka - yay friendlies
Argent - We got ripped in the end there! Oh well. And meh, teams...

SS - Clowsui said you ain't go no interwebs right now but when you eventually see this, good **** eating me up in pools. Blame Beegs as my first-round opponent in brackets for allowing me to remember how to fight Marth for our rematch. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a teacher but uhh... use more Dancing Blade. ;o You can never overuse that broken-*** move.

Clowsui - yay friendlies too? Need more TVs. :[ Mmm pizza.
Moose - Must've been a long time since we've been to the same tourney since my old set of controls were still on my nametag on your Wii. :p
Sole - Down-B from the ledge should be a rare mixup, not your primary means of getting back on-stage. It's too easy to punish when it becomes predictable.
Sleep - You appear to be a lot older than you are.

People I didn't really interact with:

BR
KBizzle
King Yoshi
Links24
Mowse
Crow!
PsychoPenguinX

hey guys what's up. Good stuff BR, glad you could make it still KY, etc.

And acknowledgement to Kassandra and anyone else who was present but didn't enter the tourney. :p

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Well guys, as always I had a lot of fun at this tourney. Even with only 4 setups everything ran great, good stuff AZ :bee: And to be fair I didn't go all Sheik this tourney, I played some Marth and Falcon in pools

1. AlphaZealot - Grats on first! I wasn't sure if you wanted your audience to be vocal, whenever people cheer for me it makes me more nervous and usually **** up, so I wasn't :O
2. Blue Rogue - Really nice Wario, grats on second
3. Quivo - Good to see you again, it's been a long time. Umm if it's Monday evening then that might work, my busy days are Monday, Wednesday, Friday classes-wise, and almost every day my last class ends at 5:20 (end at 4:20 on Friday). The quarter is almost over anyway though, so maybe next quarter I'll have a class schedule similar to the other Columbus smashers
4. Overswarm - Falcon dittos were too good, silly Sakurai causing an un-epic ending to our money match :O And your ROB is so much different than any ROB (3) I've played. Grats on getting 4th without MK :D
5. Kel - I agree with you about Lucario
5. Beegs - I enjoyed our Marth ditto much more than I would have liked Sheik vs Marth. And I really want to come up and smash with you guys, when I find a good day I'll let you know :bee:
7. Mr. E - Fun friendlies, Jiggs is hard against CF :O And yea we've been at tournies together for a long time
7. Lou - Didn't get to play you, hopefully at Nope's monthly
9. KB - Didn't play or talk much, but it was good to see you. Your game against BR was really close, almost brought it back. You're better than 9th, keep it up :bee:
9. Sil - GG's in brackets, I was being stupid against ROB's plank. And you ***** my CF, that wasn't nice :crying:
9. Wakka - Didn't play, sucks you had to leave :/
9. Argent - GG's in pools and brackets. No offence to you what I said to Kel, I just don't like Lucario at all :/
13. Clowsui - GG in our money match, I hope you're going to Nope's on the 6th.
13. Moose - Learn more matchups
17. Links24 - Didn't meet, but I was surprised to see another Link main :O
17. Mowse - Sorry I didn't team with you, I just don't like teams
17. Crow! - GG's in pools, keep improving
21. PsychoPenguinX - Good to see you again, sorry I didn't recognize you my memory is terrible :O

Kassandra - Good to see you again. I'm glad you're trying to pick up Pikachu, keep practicing but get that rent paid :O And sorry, I forgot about the Captain Falcon drawing, maybe next time :p

To Sil and Argent: Sorry for how I was acting during our matches. I shouldn't have let my emotions show like that, I need to just play smarter and keep a better mindset. I hope that didn't annoy either of you :/

I hope everyone goes to Nope's Monthly on the 6th. And good luck to those going to OUGA's tourney on the 27th (especially OS in the Falcon Championship :O).

Silhouette

Smash Lord
It sucked that we had to forfeit and leave so suddenly =/

I was getting way too stressed during our matches Q, I should have just camped at most points but charged anyways, doing cool s*** with ROB is like, the reason I play this game.

Ill probably do shouts tomorrow if i can find the time, had way too much fun at this tourney, AZ always throws some of the best.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Hurray TO's are starting to know who I main now
Feelling a lot better from yesterday btw that was a ugly day for me

judge!

Smash Ace
was today the day midwest mks didnt use there mk. lol i went wario for my tourney as well. good **** az BR quivo kel os...etc etc haha

OS YES I TOLD U FOX IS TO GOOD!!

clowsui

Smash Legend
1. AlphaZealot - Diddy Kong - $100 - I'mma get you. TWO STOCKED IN FRIENDLY DANNGGGGG. Almost got you guys in doubles. GOD KAIS! You're fun to play. Great tourney, finally you win one you host! Though you've done it before.
2. Blue Rogue - Wario/Ice Climbers - $45 - I'mma get you too. Don't be mad at 2nd, aZ practiced the matchup super hard. You'll get him next time. Stop using Climbers against me you ***.
3. Quivo - Toon Link - $30 - 3 stock :( You are incredibly intimidating, I get impatient vs. TL camp I think. You are good at reading me, I don't know why. Come to Nope's on the 6th.
4. Overswarm - R.O.B./Fox/Donkey Kong - $15 - Thanks for all the advice + the ride, haha. Wish we could've finished the lesson.
5. Kel - Marth/Snake/MK - $10 - Your Marth is extremely solid, I underestimated it completely. You're a cool dude, can't wait to play you more.
5. Beegs - Marth - $10 - Marth vs. Falco is dumb lol, it's even but I'm forgetting how to play it properly now because I try so much random **** vs. SS since he knows my style completely. Good stuff, love your Marth. Extremely solid.
7. Mr. E - R.O.B. - Pew pew! Your ROB is cool. Too bad Falco's pew pew is just too dumb lol
7. Lou - Mr. Game & Watch - 0-4 record against you is dumb. I'll get you with Falco, Marth vs. GW is easier but Falco is way better for me as a character.
9. KB - Peach - Step it up. You were playing horribly on this day, I can't believe I beat you in our MM. Hopefully see you at Nope's, make the most of that break will ya?
9. Sil - R.O.B. - Nice teams set. Your ROB is really good!
9. Wakka - Diddy Kong - Diddy is dumb. I want to KO that ****er automatically once he gets to 120%. I'll be more patient against you next time :/
9. Argent - Lucario - Yeah, first set since C4. Your Lucario is solid, you hardbodied me on my CP. I should've probably played a little campier and less aggressive, you kept Dairing me out of my chases. Hopefully you find a partner.
13. King Yoshi - Pikachu - Wanted to play you but couldn't. Fun times though :)
13. Steel Samurai - Marth - We'll train more. Our team was pretty good for having zero experience. You know all my habits, it's kind of dumb to practice against you. Keep playing 3 characters so I can get exp.
13. Clowsui - Falco/Marth - Don't forget all your tricks after this tournament. Dthrow -> DACUS, double laser traps, jab/double jab frame traps, phantasm cancel, do recoveries as reactions stuff, run away more, chip damage is good, don't throw out KO moves but start looking and setting up more and more opportunities at higher percentages, spotdodging isn't that great but isn't too bad, don't roll in so much, assume your opponent is dumb until they show you otherwise, reverse fair edgeguard on Diddy Kong, fsmash or usmash on reaction reverse shuttle loop recovery from under stage, triple jab more, forward tilt is too good, improve your usage of aerials more, etc. You're getting better, slowly you'll start coming up and taking ppl out.
13. Moose - Sheik - Your Sheik is not that tough because you don't respond very flexibly to situations. You do the same thing every time and even when you do it it's easy to attack and get through it. Mix it up more!
---Pool Cut Off---
17. Links24 - Link/Toon Link - Link/TL vs. Falco is MISERABLE. :( Nice job beating Wakka.
17. Mowse - ROB - The one person I didn't play, I think. Sucks :/ Wish I could've fought you.
17. Sole - Zero Suit Samus - You've improved. Our MM was fun. You were obviously having an off day though. Can't wait to play you at Nope's.
17. Crow! - Link/Yoshi - You're a pretty cool guy. You deserve a reward for working so tirelessly on the Ban MK movement.
21. Sleep - Falco - Your Falco is okay...I didn't play you enough to get a feel for how good you were but keep working on it. It's Phantasm, btw :p
21. PsychoPenguinX - Pikachu - Stop doing the same walls over and over. All I had to do was wait and walk away. Please don't take me to Japes again ;)

Kassandra - you were awesome to be around this tournament. Thanks for the chocolate and the advice haha. Go to Nope's!

GREAT tourney aZ. Wings and Brew pizza is TOO godlike. I encourage everybody who's reading this to go to DU IV if they can.

Crow!

Smash Lord
I left early; I didn't make it to brackets and some of my Physics grad buddies I've not hung out with for a while invited me to go bowling.

Anyway, shoutouts:

Overswarm: Good to meet you again now that you actually care who I am! Thanks for lunch, and good games. Lol at my name already being on your Wii without your knowing it.

Moose: I think you've improved since last time we played. GGs. That falcon is great; it's at least as good as your Shiek IMO.

Links24: It took a few tries, but eventually I think we got a team working pretty well in friendlies. Yay for Link!

BeegS: Nice Marth. GGs.

Argent: You're entertaining to watch when you play. Your hands are very aggressive with the controller... not sure how else to describe it.

Sil: that Rob was really good; I had no idea how to fight it.

AZ: Good job running (and winning) another great tourney!

Shoutouts!

1. AlphaZealot - Man, I really wish I had made that comeback again. Either way, good job and hope to take you out next time!
2. Blue Rogue - Nice having you over the night before mangz
3. Quivo - Dood, teleporting Marth...it's my new advance tech. loll. Anyways yea a lot of stupid crap did happen but eh as you said it was fun.
4. Overswarm - R.O.B./Fox/Donkey Kong - Really wish I would fought you more legit but hey its ok.
5. Kel - Marth/Snake/MK - Wish you didn't SD
5. Beegs - Marth - Good ****
7. Mr. E - Nice matches man. I was messing up some of the easy crap which bothered me. >_>
7. Lou - Good job in doubles.
9. KB - Dood, are trip was probably the funniest and best trip ever. The voices were just nuts. 2 hr Marth ditto just to win ONE match. lol. good times. I hope you come back soon.
9. Sil - Nice seeing ya again
9. Wakka - I hope to get drunk with me sooooon
9. Argent - Good job man and next time win that counter pick.
13. King Yoshi - Dood, truth or truth
13. Steel Samurai - Keep going with that Marth. Just start getting the kills faster/
13. Clowsui - MM were funny.
13. Moose - Please please come up sometime soon.
---Pool Cut Off---
17. Links24 - Glad to see you make it here
17. Mowse - Nice work on your first tournament. Just remember what you learned from this one and apply it to the next.
17. Sole - WTF MAN!!!
17. Crow! - First time I went against a Link and was good.
21. Sleep - Sorry I didn't play or talk to ya.
21. PsychoPenguinX - Again, I didn't play ya.

Either way, this tournament was fun.

clowsui

Smash Legend
our mm was ******** lol, i kept side b'ing onto the stage and i didn't ledge trap you enough and use enough dash attack 'n' stuff. but you played well, so i have no complaints - you would've won either way

Kel

Smash Master
I probably shouldn't have an MK next to my name if I'm only getting three characters. I NEEDED D3 to get to where I was that tournament. I won more matches and used D3 vs more people than MK. The MK was just a special situation because lucario is an extremely homo character that is only rivaled by MK.

Everyone here should play agricola with GUNPUNCH! soon!

fonzi21

Smash Ace
The MK was just a special situation because lucario is an extremely homo character that is only rivaled by MK.
LOL, it's homo for you because you don't understand the match-up obviously. I'm sure there are plenty of people that would gladly help you with the match-up if you would just ask....... but don't ask Judge he doesn't know either. There are plenty of awesome options to fight Lucario (D3 for example), MK is not his only "Rival".

Gratz everyone, looked like a fun tournament. Sorry I couldn't make it to this one. Good **** AZ and Quivo!!

Kel

Smash Master
Lucario rolls around all day and spams aura spheres and fsmash. Then uses dair in the air. I get on the edge. Problem solved.

I will DEFINITELY need help with the match when MK gets banned though.

judge!

Smash Ace
lucario is broke lol srsly lol

thank god i got snake for him haha

Top Bottom