• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pinnacle Video Transfer

yoshq

Smash Master
I'm mostly making this thread so I can link to it from my replays thread for the list of Pinnacle Video Transfers available on eBay. I also, however, want to make it known to the smash community, even though no one really reads the Videography forum. Henceforth I will refer to the Pinnacle Video Transfer as PVT.

The PVT is the best thing for recording smash Imo, second only to a capture device that supports HD. Its strong point is, of course, replays, because it's able to start recording when the replay starts playing and stop at the end. This creates a video file that can be taken off the USB drive and uploaded straight to YouTube, or whatever you wish. It also does not require the use of a computer/laptop, just a USB drive, iPod, PSP, or mass storage device. It's the only device I have been able to find that does this. Note: you can also use a USB SD card reader and record onto an SD card if you wish. This is the quality it produces with the "best.txt" hack, which I shouldn't have to explain unless you already have one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59gZDExKb68&fmt=18

From The Pinnacle website:
At the touch of a button, rapidly copy analog video from any source in MPEG-4 quality to any USB 2.0 storage device without using a PC.

Pinnacle Video Transfer provides high-quality MPEG-4 encoding in H.264 at up to 720×480/576 (NTSC/PAL) resolution and supports multiple inputs including S-Video, Composite video and stereo audio.

High-speed USB 2.0 connection ensures fast digital video transfer. The compact size makes it perfect for backing up videos on the go.

Features:
-PC-less capture of your video to an iPod, PSP, USB 2.0 hard drive or USB Flash Stick.
-One-touch start/stop recording from any video source including a TV, DVD player, PVR, camcorder, set-top box or gaming console.
-High-quality MPEG-4 encoding in H.264 at up to 720×480/576 (NTSC/PAL) resolution.
-High-quality MPEG-4 encoding for mobile devices, full-screen PC and even video editing or DVD burning.-
-Multiple capture options for mobile devices, full-screen PC and even video editing or DVD burning.
-S-Video, composite video and stereo audio analog inputs.
-Compact size makes it perfect for travelling.
-Recharges iPod batteryduring video transfer (cable not included).

Price: $99.99

So the price new is $100, but on eBay they average around $50. Despite what I said in the beginning, updating this
is useless because no one is looking, so just pm me if you want links to buy one. I'll leave these 3 links here because they aren't changing, but the ebay ones do.

Google products

TigerDirect.com

Amazon

ebay search

So there you have it. I hope this device will gain popularity, because it's so convenient for recording smash.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
i have one that TRA is letting me use. It is the best way i have seen to get vids up in a timly manner.

i suggest anyone intrested in recording ANYTHING get one of these. Worth every penny.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I support Yosh in that the PVT is too good.

I don't understand why Pinnacle would stop producing these and continue making ****ty Dazzles...

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
wow it's not worth 130 guys, if that's you guys bidding. new it's only $100 xD.
Haha it's all good. Someone briefly outbid me a couple of times in the 115 range, so I put some extra "gtfo" money toward it. My wallet didn't even feel it. xD

Top Bottom