• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tails the fox has arrived! (Video up!)

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Tails the fox is ready to brawl!

Well, this was done with a technique that I used before model importing from other games was possible.

THE DOWNLOAD:

Tails V.0.2

The Video:
NikoPunkSUPEERMAARIO's video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah6juIKdPWY

Criedit Goes to InTrepidCognito for:

Well, a lot of the texturizing work. He made the awesome textures, like this FS one:

Finished Final Smash:

And the stage texture:

WARNING: Long Message Approaching

Hi, I'm InTrepidCognito. I guess me and Mr. Weegee are kind of working on this together, and this is my first full-fledged texture hack. I think it turned out pretty good for only using Paint.NET :laugh:

It's done, but I'm still willing to tweak anything on it. I'll be working on the Final Smash next.

It's Angel Island Zone!

The Tornado even looks like it's from the Genesis days while it circles around the stage.

You can even see the layers of forest in the background.

The Tornado textures look a bit stretched because of the shape of the plane.

Well, that's it for that. Feedback would be appreciated. I'm also working on Tails' Final Smash; it's going to have a more modern Tornado feel to it.

Download will probably be up soon for all four NPC Sonic characters, so just wait a little longer. ;)

Should I make some songs to go with this stage, too? If so, which ones?
And he made the up smash texture, shown in the video.
[/quote]

He's also up for hire to make textures for your hacks!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266893

He has his own stage, too!

Just look in the quote above or in the video. It's the Tornado flying around Green Hill Zone.

Can I fix the black void of nothingness in the back? No, not really.

The Moveset
Well, you should watch the vid, but here's an explanation for each of the moves.
There's also the origin of a few of them if you're confused of why I have them.

AAA: Punch, punch, flail. (Sonic the Fighters)

Usmash: A boxing glove comes out of the ground and sprigs up in front of Tails. (Sonic Adventure)
Dsmash: A tail spin.
Fsmash: He pulls out his mallet and swings it. (Tails Adventure)

Utilt: An uppercut (Sonic the Fighters)
Dtilt: He pulls out his gun, points it at a downward angle, and stuns anyone in front of him.
Ftilt: A clap (Sonic the Fighters)

Fair: A forward push.
Bair: a backward kick, more like DK's, not Sonic's.
Uair: Copters in place. His tails do damage.
Dair: He spreads out his arms and legs and thrusts himself downward.

Fthrow: A giant hand appears and flicks the opponent away.
Uthrow: He grabs the opponent, copters up, and drops quickly, slamming the opponent into the ground.

Neutral B: He pulls out his gun and fires a shot.
Side B: He throws out a bomb. Can change angle, like Yoshi's egg.
Down B: Sonic's. Open to suggestion for changing.
Up B: Copter. Can press B to drop bombs. Number is limited to two.

Glitches
Eh, this part isn't as fun to tell. Well, his head and tails have a texture problem, and his hammer moves are known to sometimes slow down or speed up the game for short instances of time. He also dies if he is obstructed in his upward leap at the beginning of the FS, and the FS will spontaneously end upon contact with water.

Want to See More?

Then I plead you to make a costume for who I am planning to do my next hack on:

Nolan from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn!

I don't believe it matters who he's over.

Do it. I'll give you a cookie.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Thanks for the credit, man! I can't wait to see people's reactions to this!

Well, guess I got second post anyways. :p

Oh, by the way, can you put the link for my texture making in the OP?

Fen__

Smash Ace
Since the texture problems still haven't been fixed, does this mean you can't/don't intend to fix them? Also, are you going to possibly make the gun on the FS a little stronger? It seems pretty much useless right now.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Alright, added it!

Since the texture problems still haven't been fixed, does this mean you can't/don't intend to fix them? Also, are you going to possibly make the gun on the FS a little stronger? It seems pretty much useless right now.
I was gonna use his M&SatOWG model, but it froze.

I'd be happy to know if anyone can do it.

And...

DO NOLAN.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
*grabs smash ball*
*jesus aura*
*jumps 300 feet into the air*
*comes back on the tornado while on the tornado*

I just found that part kind of silly lol. Anyways, nice job. I didn't really expect there to be a full(?) moveset for him. Can't wait until the release. Also one suggestion: What do you think about putting in alternate weaponry on his final smash? Like missles or a giant beam? I got this idea when I was playing SA2 the other day since Tails uses such things in multiplayer.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
*grabs smash ball*
*jesus aura*
*jumps 300 feet into the air*
*comes back on the tornado while on the tornado*

I just found that part kind of silly lol. Anyways, nice job. I didn't really expect there to be a full(?) moveset for him. Can't wait until the release. Also one suggestion: What do you think about putting in alternate weaponry on his final smash? Like missles or a giant beam? I got this idea when I was playing SA2 the other day since Tails uses such things in multiplayer.
Oh, maybe. But what would I use for the beam?
It looks good, but a bit awkward.
Well, it's a WIP.
It looks cool.
:bee:

D

Deleted member

OMG! I LOVE Tails! If only this could be legal in tournaments… But then Tails would have to replace another character and everyone would have to get Homebrew or something like that, and with all the people who don't want Tails in Brawl, there's no way that could happen. :crying:
Also when you get the hack to play as Tails or whatever will Tails replace a certain character or can you choose? I've never done something like this before so i'm curious, lol.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
OMG! I LOVE Tails! If only this could be legal in tournaments… But then Tails would have to replace another character and everyone would have to get Homebrew or something like that, and with all the people who don't want Tails in Brawl, there's no way that could happen. :crying:
Also when you get the hack to play as Tails or whatever will Tails replace a certain character or can you choose? I've never done something like this before so i'm curious, lol.
It goes over Sonic, it's really just Tails' head and tails cut off and glued onto Sonic's decapitated and somehow yellow body.

...That's a weird way to describe it...

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
How does a generic Lucario Aura storm esque type beam sound to you?
Perhaps, but won't the same conflict happen if the beam is overly superior than the super scope shots?

Steal Samus' Side-B!

Make it stronger and maybe faster, and this'll be even more awesome.
I don't think I can, unless I knew how to edit articles, or gave the plane many animations. :urg:

Sonic will be eradicated.

i can add bones to him, and make him playable just like i did with knux :3
You made Knux playable?!?

Well, I don't know if it would help much with Tails unless he worked fine with other people's animations...

Or else I'd have to make all of them, which is exactly what I avoided by pasting Tails' head on Sonic.

It goes over Sonic, it's really just Tails' head and tails cut off and glued onto Sonic's decapitated and somehow yellow body.

...That's a weird way to describe it...
:laugh:

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
Well, you can make the beam '"overload" the tornado and cause it to end the final smash maybe?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Thanks for the plug :laugh:

I can make some battle videos as well if you want
Would a machima be okay? Just to tease people even moar...

Well, you can make the beam '"overload" the tornado and cause it to end the final smash maybe?
That's an good idea. Okay, so if I used Lucario's beam, should I re-texture it to be yellow?

To be honest, I must say you quite outdid yourself with the big, colorful fonts.
Well, a flashy OP is a good op!

Awesome work O.O
And it's not even done yet...

Oh! And is anyone up for vertex editing Tails so he has the correct proportions? I'd be glad to hand anyone who wants to do it the Tails package...

Fen__

Smash Ace
I'd recommend avoiding the Aura Storm beam at all costs. Every PSA ever uses it now, and, quite frankly, I don't know how others aren't sick of it as well. It doesnt' even fit for something like this. My vote is to make the super scope shots a little stronger or make them able to fire faster and then also have a secondary attack for something like missles that would be stronger but slower.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I'd recommend avoiding the Aura Storm beam at all costs. Every PSA ever uses it now, and, quite frankly, I don't know how others aren't sick of it as well. It doesnt' even fit for something like this. My vote is to make the super scope shots a little stronger or make them able to fire faster and then also have a secondary attack for something like missles that would be stronger but slower.
Well, it was cool when only Neku had it...

I think you could have a "hold A for rapid-fire machine gun shots a la super scope" and maybe you could fire a powerful laser (like the Combo Cannon one) with B, but it would need recharging and would have lengthy intervals in between firing.

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Mate....just a warning

as soon as you get Noalan from Fire Emblem into Brawl im doing so many texture hacks on him you ll hate photoshop and Paint.Net for the rest of your life..... *deranged thoughts about making Aizen from Bleach)

Just a warning ;)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Maybe it's been said before, but perhaps change some parts of his moveset to incorporate his tails moar?

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
im sure fortwaffles can add bones to the GHZ tails and rename them to work with your animations (he managed to get knux to load sonic's animations perfectly)

so yeah... HYPE! :3

Dchen

Smash Rookie
Seeing as how Fortwaffles has discovered a way to add bones to any model and was able to load Knuckles over Sonic with working animations...I would contact him in and see if he would be able to do this to Tails as well for you. It should work perfectly and fix the texture problem you have with this. Also...based on the video, the Tails should only take up one slot because it is loaded via texture files instead of the .pac file for the moveset which loads Tails' head currently. So you should be able to also make alternate costumes for Tails as well.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
What happened to the Tornado texture I gave you? The stretching on that new "retro" one is hideous. I'm liking the modern version from SA1, though, you did a very good job with that one.

Don't diss mah work!

Anyways, the stage Tornado needed to be Genesis-styled, and that's hard, given the small base sprites and the shape of the plane.

Seeing as how Fortwaffles has discovered a way to add bones to any model and was able to load Knuckles over Sonic with working animations...I would contact him in and see if he would be able to do this to Tails as well for you. It should work perfectly and fix the texture problem you have with this. Also...based on the video, the Tails should only take up one slot because it is loaded via texture files instead of the .pac file for the moveset which loads Tails' head currently. So you should be able to also make alternate costumes for Tails as well.
No, it uses a FitSonic.pac as well.

Dchen

Smash Rookie
Originally Posted by InTrepidCognito
No, it uses a FitSonic.pac as well.
Well based on the video made by FortWaffles, he was able to load Knuckles over a Pikachu costume. All I'm saying is that, you should be able to do the same thing with Tails. Load Tails model over one individual texture. If he used the FitPikachu.pac to load Knuckles then how the heck did he fight Pikachu? Explain that to me...Now for Tails, you should be able to just simply load the Tails model over a Sonic texture and have everything else in the FitSonic.pac. The Tails model should be able to be loaded by ONLY the FitSonic0X.pac files based on what I've seen from FortWaffles method.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Oh, okay. I misunderstood you. Using the complete model would require redoing most/all animations, so I have no idea if Weegee would be willing to do it.

If he does, though, I'd be able to release my alternate costumes for Tails! :D

Top Bottom