• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finish that Mango~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impersonator

Smash Cadet
Mango [mang-goh] ~ He is singlehandedly putting the smash community to rest…

Mango has become more than just a rising star; he has become one ****** mother****er that just keeps on breezing through matches as if they were nothing and constantly stealing first place in most major tourneys from that rightful community.
Some of you might wonder, "Who is this mango of which you speak? Well YouTube has done a lot of the work for me so I'll just show you mango in his simplest form with the help of his henchman Lucky (we’ll get to him later).

really mango? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxpl5mc2Vmg

Falco doesnt approve http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4xTnHEktCI

Notice in this video that right after M2K takes mango’s 1st stock, mango calls out to his other main (although he didn’t really use him as much back then) to stop M2K from showing off his tech skill and to rack up some %.

I guess this is the actual cruel melee mode http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7xS1HwUuH8&feature=related "

Mango has become WAY too good. One could even say that Isai might have a tough time versing him. This video somewhat proves what I’m trying to say:

Disrespect http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K27QB6n78vg "

Mango has reached a point where he just KNOWS he’s going to win no matter what he does/doesn’t do. In this video, you shall see how mango shows his superiority over others.

And he said: you WILL be my ***** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQTwQtr3i0E&feature=related "

We all know M2K is an awesome player, but how awesome is he? Well if you ask mango, you would probably get this response: “I think he’s ok.” … OK? OK??? Well, I guess after this match, I would think so too:

Wait since when do you use a fox???http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlkaDMiIpys&feature=related "

For most of us that keep up with said pros, we know that mango branched out a little after falco, for the rest of us that really don’t give a ****, well… here it is:

Falco FALCON :3http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-1Wo5c_0DQ%20%22

It seems that it's not enough to be the best puff around; NO, he has to go ALL over the **** tier list. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ever shows to a tourney using ganon or shiek, or maybe even link.

Here’s a picture that might very well represent mango in the best way possible. Mango has come from humble roots which earned him our respect at some point, BUT his raise to power has just been too overwhelming. He is no longer one of us but rather the supreme tyrant of smash (dictator). Whenever anyone plays against him, they often forget that they were only playing by the SSBM rules until that point; as soon as you enter the field with mango everything will go his way. For all you know, he could land an Utilt, Utilt, SideB, Dair, neutralB to rest. Think that’s impossible? Not if mango does this near an edge and the opponent doesn’t DI away from the edge and doesn’t tech the sideB which would leave him open for a stand up rest.
Let’s move on to tourney placing, please take note on the information below that I jacked from smash wiki, as I will be commenting a little bit of it later. (This only lists the most significant tourneys he has attended)
• 9th - UCLA Monthlies II
• 5th - Super Smash Royale III
• 4th - UCLA Monthlies III
• 25th - 0C3 (Zero Challenge 3)
• 7th -*Evo*West
• 3rd - Evo World ($1,000)
• 3rd - Super Champ Combo ($400)
• 1st - UCLA Monthlies IV: The Return ($300)

• 1st - UCSD Winter Smash II ($876)
• 1st - *Pound* 3
• 5th - UCLA Monthlies V
• 1st - UCLA VII: Avalanche ($92.5)

• 1st - SCSA West Coast Circuit #2
• 1st - UCLA Revival ($105)
• 1st - Revival Of Melee (ROM) ($675)
• 1st - Mango Juice ($717)
• 1st - SCSA West Coast Circuit #3
• 1st - CGC @ SFSU VII ($150)
• 1st - Smashpocalypse VII ($220)
• 1st - Event 52: MWC ($675)
• 1st - DBR Presents: Genesis ($2,280)
• 1st - SMYM 10 ($744)
• 1st - GameUnicon: SNES ($800)
• 1st - ActiveGamers: Coast to Coast ($1,000)
• 1st - Pat's House ($932)
• 4th - Revival Of Melee II (ROM II) ($80)
• 1st - Winterfest

• 1st - *Pound* 4 ($2,000)
• 1st - SCSA West Coast Circuit #5 ($372)
• 1st - 2GG Presents: Champ's Biweekly

Seems like 2009 was a good year for mango, right? Well yes, it was, but think of all the spirits he crushed during this chain of events. Not only that, but note how he progressively gets better and better like some sort of Olympic contestant that has been training for years. If this doesn’t raise awareness in you, maybe the following data will:
Most of us in the melee community are familiar with a few top players around the globe, but please redirect your attention to Hungrybox for a bit, he (supposedly) is the best puff the east coast has, but mango is the best puff in the U.S… but for the sake of being supportive to other smashers let’s just pretend mango is only the best puff of the west coast. With that aside, doesn’t it seem strange to you guys that mango and hungrybox both main the same character and they are both on opposite sides of the map? Recently Hbox has been showing his falco. Please take note on the tag that he is using. Mango used to use that tag, but wait… there’s an “H” in front of that box! What could this mean? Well I figured it out for you guys.
The “H” stands for “hate”, Hbox hates the box tag and his previous master, for it seems that mango and Hbox go WAY back, you might notice that their play style are quite similar but still very far apart from each other. This happened when Lucky entered the picture…
Lucky was just an empty skill glass ready to be filled with the precious nectar of the forbidden fruit. Mango saw this opportunity and took it, for it would be more beneficial to him in the long run for he saw that Hbox was getting almost as good as him.
Thing was, mango back then knew that he wasn’t invincible, he needed a pillow in which he could rely on if he ever fell back, and that’s what he got with Hbox. But mango purposely trained him in a manner that disregarded how good Hbox would get. He would never be capable of besting him. Unluckily for Hbox, he didn’t catch on until the grand finals of pound 4.
Lucky on the other hand is not a mango subordinate as much as a henchman, reason being that mango uses him only during teams just to conquer more aspects of the game and to further expand his reign of terror for those unfortunate enough to be forced to fight against him, or in this case “them.”
Lucky has been improving his fox over the course that he has been with mango BUT there’s another side to this. Recently mango has shown his own fox battling against Armada. I guess we could say that mango’s fox could be better than KoreanDJ’s. which would raise the following question, will Lucky suffer the same fate as Hbox in the future after mango no longer requires his services? Who knows…

So the bottom line here is, this was just to open the eyes of smash community just a little bit so they can see mango for what he truly is. His level of skill just keeps on increasing and in a near future tournaments will have a new rule stating this: “Anyone who faces mango shall have the choice of starting with 5 stocks instead of 4” this would be a measure that the smash community will soon develop to make the matches more fair to the other player. Also rumor has it that Isai foresaw mango raising to the top after he and Lucky beat him and ken during a doubles tourney, so he did the logical thing which was to retire while he was ahead in order to keep his title and his meme. [New era of doubles]
Finally, the entire purpose of this thread was to urge you all into giving some serious thought about banning mango from all major tourneys and putting an end to his conspiracy once and for all. He’s just too good and is not fair to other players that are just not as good as him.
By the way, popular response confirms that most of the smash community is not aware of how technical mango can get. For all of those who don't know, I'll lay it out in its simplest form for you. Mango's so good at teching that he techs the techs that he's about to tech by teching that tech with another tech before the actual tech gets teched. The following images will further explain what he does:

If the shocking images above hasn't raised awareness in you, nothing will.

~thank you for your time, yours truly,
Impersonator.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Maybe mango should just be a smash teacher because clearly we are doing it wrong. the skill level is like this

noob- normal range of skill
noob johns about being broken better player gives advice mango is higher level pro and the others have to learn

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
wwwaaaiiiittt look at the name it could be m2k trying to ban mango, or maybe i'm m2k trying to stop mango from the self-hype because the Impersonator is really mango.

Or worse i'm the Impersonator trying to me mess with everyone and he's about to start ranting about pichu now and this was all a cleaver trap I made. Or it's ken tring to knock off mango becuase he's trying to come back but mango would be to hard to beat. :(

WHO AM I???

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
look at the date, it's maddness he is turning to control your thoughts of what's real, run everyone. Also the fact i've never heard of the H-box part makes me think this could be H-box plus he is FL or this guy is amazingly sneaky and is messing with us(me). Or he edited this post so it would look like I don't really think this means anything.

which I don't.
which I do.
stop editing things.
no I won't

you can't handle the truth.

Stop listening to ICG this is some kind of half a** plan for him to talk about pichu

whos ICG? I confused goats?

wiito

Smash Apprentice
lol i made that list of the smash wiki... it's updated btw, with more mango's 1st places xD

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
There will always be that guy. The one who everyone thinks is unbeatable. The only way Mang0 is going down is if he retires or someone ***** him badly. That said, considering the money he is making off this game, and the amount of friends he's made which i'm sure is enormous, I doubt he is going anywhere. The closest thing I've seen to him getting beaten was in person at RoM2.

I had heard from people that he was kind of a jerk, but I saw nothing of the sort at RoM2. I was one of the few people who watched his first set with Kage. He ended the match early, but he shook Kage's hand and congratulated him all the same. I gained some respect for him that day. Someday someone will come along and knock him off his throne, but I don't feel like he is a tyrant by any means. He makes me realize that there is always somewhere to go in this game even if you feel like you've reached a plateau. Just because he wins a lot of tournaments doesn't make him a tyrant :p if it bothers you that much don't enter a tournament he's in. I'm sure you'll have way more fun that way.

If this is a joke topic, sorry for wasting my breathe. Just figured I'd state my opinion on the matter v_v

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i think like...hbox will like, take out mango sometime soon.

and then mango starts losing lots more, but then he gets on a tv reality show.

and then ditches the smash community for hip Californians

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i liked it when Mango commentated his own matches. He should really do that more often.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
I dont know about having Mango banned from tourneys but this thread makes wanna get so much better especially after see him 3 stock Armada with fox, a character he doesnt use and the character i use...cant wait for APEX

DFEAR

Smash Hero
like how this thread will now make ppl thirst for mango's loss and quest for getting better than him.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
We should study Mango and what he does and his habits and such, and figure out exactly how to beat him.

Like a matchup thread, but specifically for figuring out how to beat Mango, not just a character.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Mango doesn't have habits. Watch his vids, no pattern whatsoever. Many people say he's very hard to read. He's also really good at detecting patterns and baiting them.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Mango doesn't have habits. Watch his vids, no pattern whatsoever. Many people say he's very hard to read. He's also really good at detecting patterns and baiting them.
this is factually inaccurate.

I have been studying mango's videos and after painstaking research detected a clear pattern of merciless ****.

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
What did mango invent?

Ken showed Marth's potential.

Bombsoldier wow'd everyone.

Waveshining was born in 2005, everyone was maining Fox.

Mew2King reinvented Marth. (After this, Marth was forever changed. Compare vids from pre m2k marth to current.)

etc...

Did mango contribute any useful knowledge? I dont see alot of new jigglypuff mains.

Quic

Smash Journeyman
What did mango invent?

Ken showed Marth's potential.

Bombsoldier wow'd everyone.

Waveshining was born in 2005, everyone was maining Fox.

Mew2King reinvented Marth. (After this, Marth was forever changed. Compare vids from pre m2k marth to current.)

etc...

Did mango contribute any useful knowledge? I dont see alot of new jigglypuff mains.
Do you truly need to invent stuff to be the best? mang0 has incredible spacing, something you can't just show to people and they'll all know how to do it, he's great at reading techs and the likes, and he can combo.
you can't just learn to play like mango, like you learn to waveshine or ken combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom