• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
First off: BONUS DOWNLOADS!

A Paintbrush item, a Shadow Mario costume for Mario, and an Airship stage with a full set of BRSTMs!!
(These downloads do not reflect a final version of any part of this project. It's a gift to those you are following it. No problems in these downloads will be in the Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario package, as they do not need to be used together in any way)

Click the box below...

http://www.mediafire.com/?d0zkmg10wjf

common3.pac (goes in pf\system); replaces Home Run Bat with vertexed paint brush.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nmyjmidlymm

FitMario03.pcs (goes in pf\Fighter\Mario); A Shadow Mario costume for Mario made by me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?22jnwylvmn3

A replacement for Luigi's Mansion, turning it into the Airship from Super Mario Galaxy. It contains STGMANSION.pac, stg_mansion.rel, and 5 BRSTMs.

Videos are on the bottom of the third post!

Bowser Jr.

He goes over Zelda.

Todo List:

-Get Bowser Jr.'s Mario & Sonic 2 model working in Brawl Done 2/28
-Export and hex M&S animations (Hexxed many usable ones!)
-Official Stage (Bowser Jr.'s Airship)
-Alternate costumes and CSPs (Three out of five done)
-PSA... -_- (Mr.Weegee is working on this)
-Custom Animations (ThatGuyYouMightKnow/StarWaffle are working on this)
-Get a Paint Brush model hexxed/vertxed and working (StarWaffle is working on this. Click the spoiler for beta pictures)

Over Ice Climbers' hammer (old)

Over Ike's sword

Over Capsule

Need to Fix List:

-Fix darkened texture and black eyes Done!
-Fix Sheilding Glitch (Fixed by Snoopy)
-The grabbing glitch everyone else has... (Fixed by Snoopy)
-Port Bowser Jr. over Zelda for a playable Shadow Mario/Bowser Jr. combo (Snoopy did this!)
-Running/walking movement (Fixed by Snoopy)

Green - Done
Yellow - Started
Red - Not done yet
Blue - Possible fix suggested

Moveset

Err... come back later.

Will be updated, the PSA and animations are being created now.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace

Shadow Mario

He goes over Sheik.

Old texture was by Pako, above is by me.

Todo List:

PSA
A lot of custom animations

Need to Fix List:

Walking, running, and transforming (Fixed by Snoopy)
His eye textures (Done!)
His hat, which is invisible unless a Smash Ball is collected

Moveset:

Waits -
Stand, looking around
Jump twice quickly limbs outstretched

Jab -
Stretched punch, left hand;
More stretched, right;
Right stretchy uppercut.

Smash -
U=Soccer-like upwards headbutt, stretched neck;
S=Spin with brush in left, outstretched right arm;
D=Quick circle on ground with brush

Tilts -
U=Quick crouched body clench (like C. Falcon's taunt) while his hair spikes into the air;
S=Joust forward with brush
D=Quickly turns into a puddle

Air -
N=Cartwheel, limbs outstretched
U=Jab upwards with brush
F=Stretched kick forward
B=Jabs brush backwards and between legs (like a broomstick)
D=Like Ganon's DAir but stretched and weaker

Special -
N=Like Mario's, but made of the blue effect and acts like a boomerang. Comes out of his chest like a part of him.
U=Spin Jump (Super Mario Sunshine) S=Spin far forward and Ground Pound upon landing. D=Transform, Shadow Mario throws the brush into his other hand and turns into Bowser Jr. For a small easter egg/symbolism, SM holds in his left, BJr. in his right. Instead of white sparkles, this Transform uses damaging blue effect.

Other -
Crouch=Lays full-body on ground, no crawl.
DashAttack=Dash attack from SMS, complete with end flip, flip makes enemy trip.

Grab -
U=Like a get trophy stand animation, stretched arms
F=Energetic and stretched slap
B=Flings forward and snaps back like a rubber band
D=Throw down and stab with brush. Pummel=Smack with brush handle.

Final Smash -
Bowser Jr.'s, but faster, weaker, and with blue effect.

Taunts -
UTaunt - Skull Kid-esque butt smack.
STaunt - Moves hands through face as if he's a liquid.
DTaunt - TGYMK's damage-over-time idea, greater detail later...

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
The Team:

InTrepidCognito - Lead, M&S 2 Animations, Planning, Alternate Costumes/CSPs

Mr.Weegee - PSA

ThatGuyYouMightKnow - Animations, PSA

Snoopy - Important Fixes 'n' Other Misc. Stuff

StarWaffle - Animations

Bowser Jr. Media:
Animations:

Wait

Run

Alternate Costumes:

Normal

Red

Shadow Mario Media:
Animations:

Run

Dash

Walk

Alternate Costumes:
-To Be Posted-

Media for Both:
CSPs and Icons

Character Selection Screen Icon

Bowser Jr. CSPs

Shadow Mario CSPs

Videos
Victory Themes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSzvlOGq-h4

COMPLETE PROGRESS VIDEO AS OF 3/29/2010:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcMaAsbkRqE

Bowser Jr.'s Animations:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnO7NzK7f9c

Official Stage and BRSTMs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2J_jz3XTJ4

For right now, you'll have to either wait for a public release or help out somehow.

WHAT WILL I DO NEXT?

I'm going to work on Nolan with Mr. Weegee, most likely, but if anyone can help this dream become a reality, I'd appreciate it greatly:

His model is in WarioWare: Smooth Moves, but I can't seem to hex it, but there may be progress on fully 2D characters...

Long story short: HELP K PL0X.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Oh, so this is what you were planning!

Anyway, since you have the M&SatOWG ISO, can I ask you about a model that I really wanted?

And what char is this over?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I saw someone had the Airship from New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Maybe that can be his official stage?

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
personally i wouldnt put over bowser, bowser jr not being abel to fight along side his daddy seems unnatural :p. do u need any moveset ideas? i have an entire list bc i considered doing this (but decided would rather not deal with M&S models)

Edit: I remember someone was morking on models from NSMB ds. If that ever actually works then his stage from tower 6-2 is PERFECT

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Cool, feedback already.

I saw someone had the Airship from New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Maybe that can be his official stage?
Eh... I kind of wanted to make my own stage for him. If I do make something, I'll make it Sunshine related... wait. I know what I'm doing now. Oh god, this is awesome.

I remember someone was morking on models from NSMB ds. If that ever actually works then his stage from tower 6-2 is PERFECT
As far as I remember, the guy just said NSMB uses a variation of the MDL0; I don't remember anything other than that. Anyways, NSMBW uses MDL0, so what's the point?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I have all of them exported from M&S2 (the hockey ones are probably best), but I haven't hexxed them yet.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Depending on how hardcore the PSA will need to be, I might be in.

What are your plans for moves?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Depending on how hardcore the PSA will need to be, I might be in.

What are your plans for moves?
I can try to be an animator!
I can help.I can animate and psa. :)
YES! People to do the work for me help! I'll PM you guys with my moveset plans when I'm done. He's kind of going to be a semi-clone of Bowser (More of a Mario-Luigi type comparison), but with an interesting twist...

You guys know about hexxing animations from other games?

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
NONONO.

NO.

I MUST help with this. There is no way I'll allow you to say no. >:3

Dammit, I already had a basic concept of moveset for him. Would you mind if I share?

Also, I'll contribute with animations and PSA.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
NONONO.

NO.

I MUST help with this. There is no way I'll allow you to say no. >:3

Dammit, I already had a basic concept of moveset for him. Would you mind if I share?

Also, I'll contribute with animations and PSA.
Okay. :laugh:

I guess you can never have too many people with you. You can go ahead and post your moveset here.

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
bowser jr. ... should be able to turn into shadow Mario using down B, he will use his almighty paint brush from super mario sunshine maybe if you can remodel it ...

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
OMG! Ive been waiting soooo long for this character to be a project and not in BSZ's closet of teaser's!
I support his all the way! I'll make some support icons! CUZ I SUPPORT THIS ALL TEH WAY!

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Bowser jr. is at the TOP of my list of wanted characters in brawl.
It dosnt look like you have very much completed and that worries me a little.
you better complete this, and you better complete it well.

Sorry, I just have very high expectations for bowser jr.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
wow! Bowser Jr. I can also help ya on this too because the Amy PSA is gonna be a breeze now. I hexed out around 200 animations out of M&SatOWG and im pretty sure they will cover around 80% of all her animations. Could you send me the dream snowball fight cpk for amy (thats if you manage to stumble upon it......*cough* by accident *cough cough*)

Bowser Jr. is a win!

Replacing Bowser is a no!

Believe it or not, I main Bowser, and anyways wouldn't you want Bowser Jr. to fight side by side with Bowser?

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Normals can be decided in the future if necessary. Specials are the main concern when it comes to discussing a moveset. Fortunately, I had already started on a Bowser Jr PSA a while back.

He'd generally have very bad range (probably near worst), but do great damage, kill at an average level, and have an over-average on and offstage game.

Neutral B: His (trademark?) seismic screech/sonic roar (strikers), or whatever it may be called. I already had this done, so it shouldn't be hard to implement. [Note: BJ is too young to produce a big enough flame like Bowser Senior's.] In the air, this causes you to fall more slowly.
SideB: Pouncing attack. There are two ways you can go about this; the first pounce can either be used to attack (one active slash as he travels) or to grab (or also just use it to travel, with no attack or grab). There is also a second pounce in the opposite direction if you do not grab. You can grab on the second pounce. In the air, this cannot be done twice, but you can grab!
UpB: Since the Clown Car was in NSMBW I was going to use it for an upB and allow some "special" attacks while he travels in it, such as screaming or dropping things. Maybe we could do that.
DownB: Earthquake. Per Mario Strikers Charged, he jumps into the air and lands on his shell with a bang, shaking the ground below and causing anyone touching it to be knocked into the air, helpless. I was going to make this unable to do in the air.

Here's some other things:

Ftilt: Dropkick.
Utilt: Dunno yet.
Dtilt: Spins forward within his shell, making himself a moving hitbox altogether.
Smashes: See below.

Graffiti: I was also planning to have BJ use some form of Graffiti. It would add damage onto certain moves in the form of DoT (Damage Over Time), making him the first character to really make use of DoT. He'd use a taunt to charge the amount of graffiti he has. At 100% graffiti, 3% damage would be added onto all attacks that are able to make use of it. At 60% to 90% graffiti, 2% is added. At 10% to 50%, 1% is added.

GFX will be added with respective size per level.

Hydroplaning: I planned a dash-turn similar to Squirtle's so he could hydroplane.

Thoughts?

Also yes, we probably need to get his animations ready. Anyone got his files? (Although I don't know how to hex them.)

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
'Dern it. I forgot to send you the moveset, ThatGuyYouMightKnow... I'll look at your's, though.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Here was a concept moveset me and my friend came up with, not that more move ideas are very needed Xp but it cant hurt

B: Fire Ball (New Super Mario Bros. Wii): Spits out a fireball. If no enemies are nearby, I will shoot straight forward (diagonally downward if in the air.) If an enemy is nearby, it will lock on and follow them shortly.
• B >: Bullet Bill (Super Mario Sunshine/Galaxy): Holds onto a Bullet Bill as it fires forward. The direction may be influenced upward or downward. Explodes on contact. If max distance is reached without making contact, Jr. lets go and falls, but Bill keeps continues traveling with its current trajectory.
• B ^: Whirling Fortress (Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl): Bowser’s B^; much weaker, but reaches a much higher altitude. If used on the ground, the left or right distance may be influenced much more.
• B v: Shell Toss (New Super Mario Bros.): Bowser Jr. spawns a Koopa Shell. This is the weakened version from SSE, not the powerful item.
• Final Smash: Koopa Clown Car (New Super Mario Bros. Wii): Climbs in the car and flies at will, damaging opponents on contact. He may drop bombs straight downward.

• Neutral Attack: Slash, Slash, Multiple Slashes (see Kirby/ Captain Falcon)
• Dash Attack (New Super Mario Bros.): Withdraws into his shell and dives forward
• Smash >: Essentially Sonic’s Smash >
• Smash ^: Spits a stationary fireball upward.
• Smash v: Looks like Bowser’s Smash v, but works like Pikachu’s Smash v, (minus the electricity)
• Tilt >: A wide range slash
• Tilt ^: Bowser’s Smash ^
• Tilt v: Slides forward withdrawn into his shell

• Neutral Aerial: Spins inside his shell. Unlike Bowser, Bowser Jr.’s shell is vertical while spinning.
• Air >: Dual slashes.
• Air <: Does a back flip inside his shell.
• Air ^: Same as Smash ^
• Air v: Stomp, spike (See Captain Falcon/ Ganondorf)

• Pummel: Spits fire

• Throw >: Spins in a circle, then releases the opponent.
• Throw <: Does a back flip; the opponent hits the ground then is released.
• Throw ^: Performs his Tilt ^.
• Throw v: Performs his Smash v.

• Entry: Hops out of the clown car.
• Taunt ^: Puts him hands on his head and teases. (New Super Mario Bros.)
• Taunt v: Hops around flailing his arms and legs (Super Mario Galaxy)
• Taunt </>: Points with an ‘intimidating’ glare in selected direction. (New Super Mario Bros. Wii)
• Wait: Jumps up and down, as if throwing a fit.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Alright, here's my official moveset:

A-A-A - Quick claw slice with left hand, claw slice with right (arm grows a little for effect), Luigi-type butt hit but with his shell

U-Smash - Bowser's

F-Smash - CHOMP. The end.

D-Smash - A stomp with a large circle of dust effects that hurts the opponent

U-Tilt - Jumps up quickly like a Pirahna Plant (mouth up, teeth showing)

F-Tilt - Slam down with claws outstretched

D-Tilt - D-Smash, but with a MUCH smaller dust cloud

N-Air - Mario's N-Air

U-Air - Claw sweep in vertical half-circle

F-Air - Quick chomp

D-Air - Drill downwards, with head crashing into the ground

N-B - Bowser's, but not vertically down; completely horizontal yet weaker and slimmer

U-B - Bowser's, but vertical and more like a somersault (will post a picture if needed)

F-B - Luigi's, but firey and not chargable

D-B - NEED YOUR INPUT: I was thinking about replacing Zelda with Bowser Jr. so we could replace Sheik with Shadow Mario. It would take twice the work, and it'd be mainly a Mario clone, so it's up to you guys.

Final Smash: F-B, but much more firey. It moves around like a large fireball, and you can go left/right/up/down (sharp turns, pretty much immediate). Ends after 15 seconds.

-----------------------------
I'll be busy during the week this week, so I don't know how much I'll update. I'm hexxing some animations from M&S2, also.

This is an EARLY moveset. I'm going to pull out NO$GBA my DS and play NSMB to get more of a feel for his personality that I'll try to reflect in moveset V.2. I'll send the model and resources to everyone on the team as soon as I am done finding replacements for some things I plan to do/importing Bowser Jr. over Zelda.

In moveset version 2, I'm going to make it reflect the enemies of the Mario franchise, as Bowser failed to do so (Bowser's moveset is like a weaponless TMNT -_-). This is so far shown in his U-Tilt.

I'm sorry to those on the team who are eager to work on this. The project will officialy start on Friday due to time constraints, I really made this thread early so no one would steal this :laugh:

P.S.: If you're going to reply to this, don't spam the thread; Don't quote this text wall.

diosensakiara

Smash Apprentice
Here was a concept moveset me and my friend came up with, not that more move ideas are very needed Xp but it cant hurt

B: Fire Ball (New Super Mario Bros. Wii): Spits out a fireball. If no enemies are nearby, I will shoot straight forward (diagonally downward if in the air.) If an enemy is nearby, it will lock on and follow them shortly.
• B >: Bullet Bill (Super Mario Sunshine/Galaxy): Holds onto a Bullet Bill as it fires forward. The direction may be influenced upward or downward. Explodes on contact. If max distance is reached without making contact, Jr. lets go and falls, but Bill keeps continues traveling with its current trajectory.
• B ^: Whirling Fortress (Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl): Bowser’s B^; much weaker, but reaches a much higher altitude. If used on the ground, the left or right distance may be influenced much more.
• B v: Shell Toss (New Super Mario Bros.): Bowser Jr. spawns a Koopa Shell. This is the weakened version from SSE, not the powerful item.
• Final Smash: Koopa Clown Car (New Super Mario Bros. Wii): Climbs in the car and flies at will, damaging opponents on contact. He may drop bombs straight downward.

• Neutral Attack: Slash, Slash, Multiple Slashes (see Kirby/ Captain Falcon)
• Dash Attack (New Super Mario Bros.): Withdraws into his shell and dives forward
• Smash >: Essentially Sonic’s Smash >
• Smash ^: Spits a stationary fireball upward.
• Smash v: Looks like Bowser’s Smash v, but works like Pikachu’s Smash v, (minus the electricity)
• Tilt >: A wide range slash
• Tilt ^: Bowser’s Smash ^
• Tilt v: Slides forward withdrawn into his shell

• Neutral Aerial: Spins inside his shell. Unlike Bowser, Bowser Jr.’s shell is vertical while spinning.
• Air >: Dual slashes.
• Air <: Does a back flip inside his shell.
• Air ^: Same as Smash ^
• Air v: Stomp, spike (See Captain Falcon/ Ganondorf)

• Pummel: Spits fire

• Throw >: Spins in a circle, then releases the opponent.
• Throw <: Does a back flip; the opponent hits the ground then is released.
• Throw ^: Performs his Tilt ^.
• Throw v: Performs his Smash v.

• Entry: Hops out of the clown car.
• Taunt ^: Puts him hands on his head and teases. (New Super Mario Bros.)
• Taunt v: Hops around flailing his arms and legs (Super Mario Galaxy)
• Taunt </>: Points with an ‘intimidating’ glare in selected direction. (New Super Mario Bros. Wii)
• Wait: Jumps up and down, as if throwing a fit.
No offense Intrepid your moveset is very good,and i mean very but i kinda liek this one more mostly because the moves here are very creative but inside this also at the same time,i think a rainbow paintbrush should be used too. but other than that I HIGHLY LOVE AND SUPPORT THIS PROJECT.KEEP IT UP.;)

EDIT1: BTW you could take some of the psa animations from this
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=5235.0 ;)
BUT PLEEZE GIVE HIM CREDIT ALSO if doing so.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Thanks, but like I said, that was a quicky moveset.

In Version 2, it will reflect the classic Mario enemies and Bowser Jr.'s personality, right now I'm planning/balancing/gathering necesary materials. I'm trying to make Bowser Jr. the character that makes hardcore Mario fans crap themselves. :laugh:

diosensakiara

Smash Apprentice
Im a mario fan but i dont want to crap. :)
But i AM excited to see what you can do with this project! =)

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Ooh, thanks for that PSA link; I think I found a new Final Smash!

<Gets Super Mushroom power. >Taunt = Green Shell, <Taunt = Bob-Omb, ^Taunt = Fire Flower, vTaunt = Freezie; FS lasts for 15 seconds>

So, which sounds better?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Hm...intense PSA.

If you want me to help, I'm in!

...I believe I can do all of these moves, so you can expect (almost) no difficulty from me.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Hm...intense PSA.

If you want me to help, I'm in!

...I believe I can do all of these moves, so you can expect (almost) no difficulty from me.
I already said you're in. :laugh:

I can't seem to find that Chaos model; he's not with all of the other characters, what is he supposed to be in-game?

diosensakiara

Smash Apprentice
or you could lump all of it together Intrepid,like he uses the giant fireball then for 15 seconds then you add the item spawning effect.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
I already said you're in. :laugh:

I can't seem to find that Chaos model; he's not with all of the other characters, what is he supposed to be in-game?
Oh, I thought you were considering it. Am I doing all of the PSA?

A VIP character.

I didn't play the game, but I read up on it.

Apparently, they walk across the screen and if you press start and minus while they're on-screen to get a reward. And I think Santa is also one of them, who appears around Christmas on the Wii version. If you find his model, it would be pretty win.

Top Bottom