• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dobsgames PT. 2 The return of PSU Melee :) March 27th with Brawl Too

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
TOURNEY HOSTED BY EVERYONE FAVORITE MEMBER OF 1 OF THE LARGEST CREWS IN PA GLOBAL ENTERPRISE

THATS RIGHT

DOBS

I’M coming out of semi retirement to host tourney and chill with smash friends again

March 27th (MELEE) first then (BRAWL) following

Registration starts 1pm Melee will begin promptly at 2PM

At my apartment

518 University Drive Apt 206 State College Pa 16801

Located at PSU Main Campus Center of PA

Why you should come to DOBSGAMES

1. It will be fun

2. I haven't seen a lot of ppl in smash community in awhile :)

Come out for a great time

5$ Venue Fee if want food... I'm Prob gonna buy pizza and stuff help cover cost

Singles are 10$ and teams are 10$ per team possible more (20?) Up for discussion

Cash Prizes for winners

General Rules:

Melee:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser choses ban before next match.

One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.

Modified DSR: You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player.

The player choice clause!:: If both players agree to a rule outside of my ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick Mute City and the other player is fine with that because they think it's a fair stage, then that is more than fine. However in the event the two players disagree, house rules stand.

Brawl:

-3 Stock
-8 Minute Time Limit
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, etc
-Ice climber infinites are LEGAL up to 250%
-Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock): If a suicide move ends a match, the match will be reset with 1 stock each to both players on the same level. Time limit will be set to 3 minutes. Both players technically died at the same time, and that is why the match was a draw. Play out the one stock, and the winner wins that match.
-Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. We can't be having wii's be interrupted because someone made a mistake. I will be enforcing this heavily, and there will be penalties if people do not obey.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. 1st Stage will be chosen at random unless agreed upon by both players. Each Player will be provided one Random Reset, with the lower-seeded Player given the option to use their reset first.**
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. The winner of the previous match may announce their Stage Ban selection
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
**If neither Player has chosen to use their Random Reset within 3 seconds of the match starting, the match must be played out on the stage generated.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshis Island
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium

Additional Rules for Doubles Play:
-Life Stealing is allowed
-Team attack will be set to ON
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

Housing can be provide by me first ask basis based on my friendship with players and how far coming from... and possible some other members of my crew also many hotels in area http://www.visitpennstate.org/visitors/hotels-lodging/

Lots of great food and bars in area as well
AKA IF 21 Stay for night out on town with Dobs :)

Bring Setups/TV’s

Ppl interested

Contact Info for questions either PM or aim dobs1007

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I'll be there winning teamsies with jmoan :)

i'll have to see if slim is willing to stay for barlw, but we're definitely there for melee

also looking for housing sat. night at psu... would greatly appreciate a place to crash if any of you guys are reading this :)

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
I'll be there winning teamsies with jmoan :)

i'll have to see if slim is willing to stay for barlw, but we're definitely there for melee

also looking for housing sat. night at psu... would greatly appreciate a place to crash if any of you guys are reading this :)
Correction I'll be winning teams lol
Gonna try at this tournament

SLIM

Smash Journeyman
I should be there.

But i probably can't stay for brawl. Melee is better anyway.

:002: best ivysaur in the western hemisphere

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
u should do both games the same day!! i can only come for one day and wana do both, ha!

cya guys again!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'll consider it just for you Plank but gonna need Melee setups so melee goes quick. I'll def do if you team with me in melee Plank :)
If I am able to go I would bring two gamecubes, one smash bros disc. : D I will see what I can do ride wise. I live in Philadelphia. : D

Also money is no problem for me, I just need to save up. : D

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
If I am able to go I would bring two gamecubes, one smash bros disc. : D I will see what I can do ride wise. I live in Philadelphia. : D

Also money is no problem for me, I just need to save up. : D
Sweet good stuff IDK post something I know there are some other Philly smashers that might be interested in going...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sweet good stuff IDK post something I know there are some other Philly smashers that might be interested in going...
I don't know who those people would be. ^^

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
May the gods or whoever is almighty grant me passage to this tournyyyyyyyyy :3. Ah that doesn't work.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
plank win brawl teams with meeeeee
Shame on you Umbra for A: not wanting to team with me and B: I wanna team with Plank for melee and possible brawl too since it is apparent you no longer value one of best doubles players :)

Umbra spread word to Brawl Players i'm also gonna get some random psu players to come. 2wks people bring tv's for melee :)

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I've been talking to some brawl players, rev and jesse said they'll prob make it

I want to do brawl teams with whoever I can win with because I ****ing hate brawl teams, if plank wants to team with someone else i might team with melon kruton or someone, or i just might not enter idkkkkk

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
I've been talking to some brawl players, rev and jesse said they'll prob make it

I want to do brawl teams with whoever I can win with because I ****ing hate brawl teams, if plank wants to team with someone else i might team with melon kruton or someone, or i just might not enter idkkkkk
Well me and you would win lol I'm actually decent can play solid MK and Snake cause figured if playing brawl like to win easily lol. We would win if we teamed and I would cover unless Plank will team with me in brawl. Those are always me offers in teams u team with me I pay fee...

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
I have the space to house Melon and Slim as long as they don't mind the floor, but let me clear it with my roomie. AIM me for details.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ummm, how far is this from Philadelphia anyways? xD I'm trying to look for this on septa haha.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Ummm, how far is this from Philadelphia anyways? xD I'm trying to look for this on septa haha.
Greyhound buses to State College bus is around 4 or 5 hrs. I is about 3 and a half to 4hr drive pending where you are in Philly but buses take longer. Think Fullington is an option for buses too...

Mimorox

Smash Cadet
I actually think I can make this :D

although the reason for that kinda cost me $283 or maybe $433 >_>

and fullington does have a philly to state college express, not sure when the times are. I think its ~$40

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
I actually think I can make this :D

although the reason for that kinda cost me $283 or maybe $433 >_>

and fullington does have a philly to state college express, not sure when the times are. I think its ~$40
Sweet team possibly? I'm still giving hope I'm teaming with either LatexRhombus or my roommate again aka retirement home but that doesn't look likely...

Also train possible Thursday for a bit...

Mimorox

Smash Cadet
haha yeah I could team. We need to get some practice rounds in too, this week is a light school load for me so let me know if you want to smash

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
So I saw the poster in Redifer. You can most likely count me in. I need some actually good Brawl experience again, since umbra and Mav left me here to rot for the semester.

jkjk

Edit: Can I come register then be back later for Brawl? I'm not exactly interested in Melee.

Top Bottom