• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3/27-3/28 Gainesville Tournament #5 I.A.A.T.M.! (It's All About The Money!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
2nLio :toonlink: and the Gville crew that brought you C.A.G.S. present:

3/27/10 - Gainesville Brawl Tournament #5 I.A.A.T.M.! (It's All About The Money!) &
3/28/10 - Gainesville Melee Tournament I.A.A.T.M.! (It's All About The Melee Money!)

<---- This guy knows whats up

Come to Gainesville on MARCH 27th, 2010 to hand over $. After all it IS all about the $. Due to the great success of the first tournament (Around 30 ppl) I am hosting another one once again in my apartment which is really spacious so bring as many people as you want.
Gainesville always travels to tournaments to make $ and this time I'm hoping you guys will come to us to give us your $. Everything is once again $5 so people won't have $ johns.

The Venue (My Apartment):
Oxford Manor
2777 SW Archer Rd APT#YY258
32608 Gainesville, FL
(On old Archer between Walmart and UF)

Schedule:
MARCH 27th, 2010
11:00 AM Venue Opens, Sign-ups Begin!
1:00 PM Brawl Doubles Begin!
3:00 PM Brawl Singles Begin!

Tournament won't be delayed for anyone so please be on time. We will be lenient so if you show up between 1:00pm and 1:30pm you will be placed in losers bracket. After 1:30pm however you will be disqualified.

Please bring setups!!

Fees
Door fee: $5 dollars
Brawl: Singles $5 entry fee
Brawl: Doubles $5 each teammate entry fee

100% of the pot for both singles AND doubles will be used and it will be distributed as follows:
1st: 60% of the total pot
2nd: 30% of the total pot
3rd: 10% of the total pot

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ruleset

3 Stock Rounds

Friendly Fire: On

Items: Off

Timer: 8 minutes

Life stealing allowed in doubles

Double elimination

Each player may ban one stage per set. A player's banned stage pick must be announced to his opponent at any time before the first counter-pick stage is chosen or the first neutral is chosen (up to each player).

If the timer runs out, the winner is determined by whoever has more stocks. If both players have the same number of stocks, then the winner is the player who has less percentage.

Double blind picks are allowed for the first round, please call me over if you need help with this. After that, advanced slob picks - Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion. Standard sets are best of 3, finals and semifinals are best of 5.

All forms of stalling are banned. Stalling is defined as the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. This includes MK infinite cape, or any form of stalling under the stage or on the ledge (DK spin, sonic charge B, snake infinite down B teching, planking, etc). Stalling can result in a forfeit of that match for the player thats "stalling" by a TO or judge. Please call me (Lio) over if you suspect there to be a stalling issue.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing the game, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

In the event of an dispute for controller ports or character color choice, both players will play Rock Paper Scissors for it. In teams, controller ports should be assigned in the 1221 fashion.

Dave's Stupid Rule: No player/team may choose the stage that that player/team won on previously in the set (unless agreed upon by both players/teams).

Anti-Planking Rule: If you have more than 60 ledge grabs at the end of the match, you have forfeit your win for that match

The Gentleman's Rule is in effect. This means that, if one player wants to put it to effect, infinites will be banned for that particular set. If no mention of the Gentleman's Rule occurs, then infinites are allowed.

MLGSince MLG is right around the corner, Im sure some of you would like to get some MLG style practice beforehand. They just recently released the MLG ruleset but its too close to my tournament date to change stuff around. However if both you and your opponent agree to playing with "Gay MLG Rules" before the beginning of your set, then you may do so. For anyone that's not aware of the MLG Ruleset, here it is:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=269919
Its not mandatory to know this since the real rules are all the way up there ^ but if you both wanna try out these mlg stuff, then go right ahead. Any questions, look for me and ask me.MLG

Stages

Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counterpick Stages:
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Pirateship (The Great Sea)
Everything else is banned

and if this wasnt enough...we're also presenting on Sunday March 28, 2010

3/28/10 - Gainesville Melee Tournament I.A.A.T.M.! (It's All About The Melee Money!)

Since the Gainesville Melee players are so awesome, I'm decided to have a Melee tourney on Sunday. Come get 4 stocked and lose your $ to our amazing and super technical Melee players! Also to my most ridiculous 2nFalco! Yes, you heard right, my 2nFalco :toonlink::falco: is gonna be taking some ppls $ even after a billion years of not using ;)

Schedule:
MARCH 28th, 2010
11:00 AM Venue Opens, Sign-ups Begin!
1:00 PM Melee Doubles Begin!
3:00 PM Melee Singles Begin!

Fees
Door fee: $5 dollars
Brawl: Singles $5 entry fee
Brawl: Doubles $5 each teammate entry fee

100% of the pot for both singles AND doubles will be used and it will be distributed as follows:
1st: 60% of the total pot
2nd: 30% of the total pot
3rd: 10% of the total pot

General Rules
Items are set to off.
Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Additional Rules for Teams Play
Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON

Stages

Singles
Neutrals:
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks:
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Teams

Neutrals:
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks:
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Please Bring Setups

Food and Drinks:
I won't be having chips, zebra cakes, swiss rolls, etc etc since not that many ppl bought them last tourney but I will have soda for 75 cents. And again, if I wasn't so poor at the moment I wouldn't charge for them :(

Nearby you can find McDonalds, Burger King, Checkers, Taco Bell, Zaxbys, Chick Fil A, Hungry Howies, Dunkin Donuts, and you can even order pizza from my place.

Contacts (more will be added):
Lio (2nLio): 786 357 8968
Zack (CrazieCuban): 352-682-9272
Tommy (Ryo): 352-275-1193

If people need housing, let me know ahead of time and something will be arranged.
Also, if you plan on coming, let me know as well so I can have an idea of how many set ups will be needed.

And by the way....

Since Futurama was a big success last time, we will now have FAMILY GUY playing on a 42 inch plasma tv, the whole day! What better way to take a break from giving us your $ than by watching Family Guy!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
aww, dont do it. i think the gameknights is on this saturday

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
dont worry, theres a chance that the date might change. Im just posting it up so ppl are aware that I will be having another tourney.

But yea, the date might change.

Tets

Smash Rookie
Family Guy all day? Never have I heard of such a perfect tourney. I'll try to be there, if I don't gots work. ><

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
BTW, the tourney date is now the 27th of march. Ill change the first post later on today cuz im kinda in a hurry but just letting everyone know that the date has changed to the 27th

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
who wants to team for this?

my wolf/wario/snake/mk

who's down to make dat papah?

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
Family Guy all day? Never have I heard of such a perfect tourney. I'll try to be there, if I don't gots work. ><
I had futurama last tourney and it was super legit!

Btw how is it that u live in Gainesville and we've never played u :\

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol sorry lio, i think you were doomed from the start. theres a MTG type-2 tourney literally a 5 minute drive from my house that saturday that me and my two roomates are gonna enter

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
easy:

1. get the day off and come wreck everyone here to make up for the money you didnt make at work
2. after the tournament, we all get crunk as fuh!

lol

GOX

Smash Apprentice
Haha nice idea with family guy on the TV. The last Gville tournament you guys hosted that I went to was fun. (at the hookah hut). I want to come up there again, but I'm busy every weekend until April. I gotta thank you guys for coming out to the GK tournaments too. AND there's this girl I kinda like who lives up there so hmmmmmmm...

Still highly doubtful I can make it on the 27th though.
Maybe the next one.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Well hopefully Ruse can carpool me, Holy, and Manko/Rag... but that's all me having no idea if that's even happening. I'll try and see. <_<

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Lio, I think I'm here! You wouldn't mind housing me/gf/ppl I bring when I come? Won't feel like driving after I buy some stuffs for 21st eh? You know what I mean lol

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
Hmm I'll think about it. Maybe I can make it a two day event or something but I really gotta think this one thru cuz again, there's gonna be a ton of ppl

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
Lio, I think I'm here! You wouldn't mind housing me/gf/ppl I bring when I come? Won't feel like driving after I buy some stuffs for 21st eh? You know what I mean lol
Yea that's cool. Just bring covers and pillows and stuff cuz it might be cold.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
it's still up in the air if imma go or not

but i should have the money cause i think me and mah boi gonna do odd jobs at his mom's medical place **** or w/e for spring break

if you nahmean? nah.... lol

srsly tho, who wants to team and DOMINATE? Ed? Lio/Max if you guys are "unconfident?"

i don't play much anymore but i got diszzzzzzzzzz

benaji261!

Smash Ace

but i should have the money cause i think me and mah boi gonna do odd jobs at his mom's medical place **** or w/e for spring break

srsly tho, who wants to team and DOMINATE? Ed? Lio/Max if you guys are "unconfident?"

I'll team with you Geoff. Who would you consider me using depending on who you use? I've been working with Samus lately and Marth too. Lucario also...

Masky

Smash Master

I'm always confident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom