• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phase 7: Low Tier Teams Edition, Dallas TX, Mar 27th = Dojo / Razer / Gnes

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Important Notice!​
Don't want to pay the Venue Fee? Bring a full setup and I'll waive the fee. Full setup includes:

1) TV
2) Wii + Cables or Gamecube + Cables
3) Brawl disc or Melee disc

Note: Last time we had too many setups. THIS IS OK. Please bring them even if we get too many. I'll still waiver your venue fee.

Phase 7: Low Tier Teams Edition
Brawl & Melee

Livestream & TwitterAll Is Brawl LinkVenue
Comic Book Craze
Address: 1456 Belt Line Rd Garland, TX 75044 (Google Maps)
Phone: 972-414-8100​
Contact
UTD Zac: 361-676-2223 / AIM: shadowgripper
Monica (Ladybug): 972-339-2713 / AIM: youftw​
Events and Fees
Venue Fee - $5
Brawl Singles - $10 - NO REFUNDS
Brawl Doubles - $5 per person - NO REFUNDS
Melee Singles - $10 - NO REFUNDS
Melee Doubles - $5 per person - NO REFUNDS
Low Tier Doubles - $5​
Event Schedule
March 27th, 2010
11:00 AM - Doors open and registration begins
12:30 PM - Low Tier Doubles
1:00 PM - Melee Doubles
2:30 PM - Brawl Doubles
4:00 PM - Melee Singles
4:30 PM - Brawl Singles
Who counts as Low Tier?
Using the latest Brawl tier list, Low Tier characters are those found in the E, F and G tiers (excluding Sheik and Sonic, just like the old list).

E :pt: :ness2: :bowser2:
F :lucas: :ike: :yoshi2: :mario2: :falcon: :samus2: :jigglypuff:
G :zelda: :link2: :ganondorf:
Payouts
31 individuals or less
1st = 60%
2nd = 30%
3rd = 10%

32 - 63 individuals
1st = 58%
2nd = 28%
3rd = 10%
4th = 4%

64 individuals or more
1st = 55%
2nd = 25%
3rd = 10%
4th = 5%
5th = 2.5%
5th = 2.5%​
Bounty List
How it works
I'm trying out something new to hopefully motivate lesser-known players (or OoS players) to beat big-name players. If you beat one of the players on the Bounty List in a singles tournament (winners or losers bracket) and your name is not on the Bounty List, then you receive the bounty prize for that player. Simple as that!

Brawl Bounty List
Dojo - $10
UltimateRazer - $10
Gnes - $10
LeeMartin - $5

Melee Bounty List
Darkrain - It doesn't matter, Randall won't let you win anyway.​
Brawl Stages
Starter Stages
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza

Counterpick Stages
Halberd
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat
Melee Stages
Starter Stages
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams (1v1 only)
Pokemon Stadium (2v2 only)

Counterpick Stages
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium (1v1 and 2v2)​
General Rules
  • 3 Stock for Brawl. 4 Stock for Melee. 4 Stock for Brawl Minus.
  • 8 minute timer.
  • Items are set to "Off" and "None"
  • Matches are best of 3. Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are best of 5.
  • Controller port disputes will be resolved by Rock-Paper-Scissors or higher number with G&W's SideB.
  • Brawl: First round stage will be determined by stage strike system. Melee: Random with one Stage Strike or use Brawl method.
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • In teams matches, ports will be 1221.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • If sudden death occurs (outside of timeouts), sudden death will be ignored and a 1 stock, 4 min overtime match will take place on the same stage.
  • Make sure you fix your controller and your tag before you start playing. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

Banned Techs
  • Meta Knight's infinite dimensional cape.
  • Any infinite grab (including wall grabs) if the opponent is over 250%. For wall infinites, this does not apply if the wall will eventually go away, i.e. PS1.
  • Stalling, including planking and scrooging (gliding under the stage repeatedly), is banned. Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. If you are unsure a tactic is considered stalling, ask the TO before using it

Other Rules
  • Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. Brawl Only. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners and the sudden death will be ignored.
  • Ledge Grab Limit Rule: Brawl Only. Characters are allowed to grab the ledge a total of 50 times per game. If you think that your opponent grabbed more than this, check the stats after the round. If it is exceeded the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your match (not the set). However, this rule can be ignored if BOTH players agree.
  • MikeHaze rule: No yelling or making abrupt noises at your opponent.
  • Chibo's Video-for-the-masses rule: You cannot refuse to be recorded if you pay money to enter an event.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
LT teams just for me??!!?!?!?!??!! HOLY F! Lee Martin, lets do this!!!!

Jo0

Smash Cadet
Oh sweet I might make this one! And its literally down the street from where I live. Awesome!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
It's too bad PT got banned before this tournament. I'll have to check and see if this conflicts with a film shoot.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
slaps acting like he did some sort of bruce lee cross kick or something.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'll probably be here.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Question!

Regarding what characters are admitted into consideration for low tiers, I was reading in the thread that it was up to the tournament organizer whether or not pokemon trainer and ness could still be admitted. What say you, Zac?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I'm up for including a few more characters in low tiers if everyone is ok with it. I, personally, would love to use my PT =)

+PT
+Bowser
+Ness
+... ?

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
I should be attending this one (1st tourney was Phase 5, couldn't go to 6).

I'm gonna beat Slaps, even if it's just a single game. >=D
Let's try and get Justin this time btw.

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
my bday is the same day as phase

when it hits midnight im going out for drinks, whos in!?!?!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@Xyro - Sure but... I fail to see how the gap between them and the rest of the cast below is as big as MK and the gap below him. None of those characters have 5 jumps + whornado + shuttle gay + 13 frame total uair.

Also adding slightly more characters adds more flavor. One thing that disgusts me about LT was the fact that I didnt really like playing any of the characters that were offered, well not until Zelda was allowed.

Secondly, I cannot foresee EVERYBODY switching to and using Sheik/Sonic/PT/Ness/Bowser just cause they are that much better than the rest of the available cast. If anything, I could try this for one LT and if it doesn't work out, then I'll know for all future tourneys.

Xyro77

@Xyro - Sure but... I fail to see how the gap between them and the rest of the cast below is as big as MK and the gap below him. None of those characters have 5 jumps + whornado + shuttle gay + 13 frame total uair.

Also adding slightly more characters adds more flavor. One thing that disgusts me about LT was the fact that I didnt really like playing any of the characters that were offered, well not until Zelda was allowed.

Secondly, I cannot foresee EVERYBODY switching to and using Sheik/Sonic/PT/Ness/Bowser just cause they are that much better than the rest of the available cast. If anything, I could try this for one LT and if it doesn't work out, then I'll know for all future tourneys.
if only u play in LT you would understand

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
My odds of going to this would increase a ton if PT was legal, but I'd have to vouch for only Ness and Bowser being allowed for LT since they're the only ones who are technically "upper low tier" and are up to the TO's discretion.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I should be attending this one (1st tourney was Phase 5, couldn't go to 6).

I'm gonna beat Slaps, even if it's just a single game. >=D
Let's try and get Justin this time btw.
IDK if we can get Justin, I talked to him tonight and he said since venue changed it might be a little too far for him =\. I am trying to get Lubbock people I know to carpool down for Phase.

Xyro77

i can vouch for him(aero link). he is the 2nd best link i have ever seen

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
man i don;t know what's worse... the fact that it's on my birthday, or the fact that i got class on saturday. oh wait... sorry guys, can;t make this one... even though i'd love to make it...

Xyro77

Ok so im teaming with Dojo for LT 2vs2. BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
if only u play in LT you would understand
Oh please. The only character conglomeration there is in LT tournaments are Ike and Ness.

As for Sonic...only Sonic mains play Sonic in LT at all either. Too much work to put into when you consider how much easier it is to **** the LT cast with people like Ike/Ness.

In the low tier tournaments I've participated in, you wanna know what I almost EVER only played? Ike, Ness, and Jigglypuff.

I've never played any Zelda, Link, Ganondorf, Lucas, Mario, or Yoshi in single low tiers, and I've only ever encountered a single Zelda and Ganon in doubles, and the Ganon was on my team!

At least for Texas, you might as well just hold a "Ike, Ness, Jigglypuff, and Falcon only" tournament, Xyro. That's all anyone anywhere plays anyways.

It's not like anyone's going to magically change to PT, Bowser, Sonic, Sheik, etc just because the TO allows it. At the very least, allowing PT gives several people more incentive (Zigsta, Magik?, Trela?) to sign up for LT events.

Xyro77

Oh please. The only character conglomeration there is in LT tournaments are Ike and Ness.

As for Sonic...only Sonic mains play Sonic in LT at all either. Too much work to put into when you consider how much easier it is to **** the LT cast with people like Ike/Ness.

In the low tier tournaments I've participated in, you wanna know what I almost EVER only played? Ike, Ness, and Jigglypuff.

I've never played any Zelda, Link, Ganondorf, Lucas, Mario, or Yoshi in single low tiers, and I've only ever encountered a single Zelda and Ganon in doubles, and the Ganon was on my team!

At least for Texas, you might as well just hold a "Ike, Ness, Jigglypuff, and Falcon only" tournament, Xyro. That's all anyone anywhere plays anyways.

It's not like anyone's going to magically change to PT, Bowser, Sonic, Sheik, etc just because the TO allows it. At the very least, allowing PT gives several people more incentive (Zigsta, Magik?, Trela?) to sign up for LT events.
Actually, people WILL go other chars if they are allowed. Gnes/Dojo/trela and many more. MOST of those guys are tier whores and will go top tier cause they dont wanna take the time to learn REAL characters.

BTW, i dont know what LT events you have been in but ive played several LTs like ganon link/yoshi. Ike/ness aint the ONLY ones in LT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom