• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: Rotom: While I'm Gone, Enjoy Very Early Download

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman

I’m occupied with Project Silver mostly, but i’ll work on this guy whenever i want a quick break from silver. if anyone wants to help, im down with that, but he has so few bones that i could probably animate him myself lol

Someone gimme ideas on what to do with Swift on the Ground?

Fixing The Item Grab Freeze is Now a Priority

Very Early Download (I'll be out for the next week or so, so hopefully i can keep u occupied with a very, very early download. maybe it'll also encourage other people to help. sorry, but no alts yet, although, u can make ur own. plz note, the animations are not final, and still need rev-amping)
http://www.mediafire.com/?mkk0mmzgjaw

Moves:
B-charge Beam
>B- Swift
vB- dark pulse
^B- Ominous Wind
vSmash- Shock Wave
>Tilt-Thunder Wave
v>Tilt/^>Tilt- Confuse Ray
Fair- Will-O-Wisp

Alts

Swift

Will-O-Wisp (animation needs rev-amping)

TO DO LIST
successfully replace pika
create walk animation
create run animation
create jump animations
Create Falling Animations
Create Intro Animation
Create Dodge Animations
Start on Attack Animations
Make Rotom Move When walking or Running
Make Rotom Run Smoothly
Fix Item Grabbing Freeze
Remove Eye Texture on Starman Swift
Do something with Swift on the Ground, for it won't move

Size Comparison so far

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
this will probably be moved to mdlo's from other games, but anyways, here are some suggestions

B: Charge Beam: Charges, releases an electric beam straight forward
B>: Confuse Ray: Flashes a light in front of him, an enemy in the light is stuned much like the Deku effect
Bv: Dark Pulse: Dark energy surrounds Rotom as seen in Battle Revolution
B^: Ominous Wind: Rotom spins as purple wind carries him upward

Final Smash: Form Change: Rotom cycles through his forms using his signiture moves i.e. Hydro Pump, Overheat, Leaf Storm, Blizzard, Air Slash

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
this will probably be moved to mdlo's from other games, but anyways, here are some suggestions

B: Charge Beam: Charges, releases an electric beam straight forward
B>: Confuse Ray: Flashes a light in front of him, an enemy in the light is stuned much like the Deku effect
Bv: Dark Pulse: Dark energy surrounds Rotom as seen in Battle Revolution
B^: Ominous Wind: Rotom spins as purple wind carries him upward

Final Smash: Form Change: Rotom cycles through his forms using his signiture moves i.e. Hydro Pump, Overheat, Leaf Storm, Blizzard, Air Slash
need 2 ghost/dark specials, and 2 electric. i'll keep the confuse ray though
i like the FS idea, but i was thinking of discharge. he has to transform to use those abilities. he won't be transforming

Don't you love it how the PPark Wii models are already sized so perfectly? I know I do :3

Anyway, Rotom looks pretty cool. Looking forward to its moveset.
lol, im looking foward to it to. used some PPark animations, and MAN he's hyper

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Luke doesnt have any steel type moves Xp.

Anyways, howbout B^: Shockwave: Rotom fires some sparks downward. Then, Rotom's body is surrounded by electricity and he fires upward in a zigzag pattern.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
This is my fav pokemon but I with I could contribute...ugh! Ok well at least have him change forms or have them as alternative color if he's replacing a character...I must has mah Phantom in brawlz!!! Anywho I think his ^B should be Ominous wind...like have him be surrounded by it while he's spinning upward as a recovery...kinda like Samus ^b but more ghostly

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
how could i get shadow ball to work? i say it should be a slow, short ranged attack. i don't want it to be too long
In pokepark wii it's a pretty **** fast attack, kinda like Pit's arrow but a little slower

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
You have two projects? Thats probably nto going to last long with Bionic Sonic. (lol BS is his abreviation) Hes so tiny how many bones does he have?

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
You have two projects? Thats probably nto going to last long with Bionic Sonic. (lol BS is his abreviation) Hes so tiny how many bones does he have?
silver isn't my main priority right nao. as our animators complete animations, i will edit the psa to match the animations. until we get some animations done, im working on rotom mainly. rotom has only 3 bones discluding origin and rotom000 lol. im thinking about sizing him up a bit more.

EDIT: animations are acting weird. i finally managed to get the running animation fixed, but after editing some other animations, the running went back as if i never edited it (T-Pose) while the animation works just fine in BBox

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Alternate Costumes added!

fixed running animation probs. my main focus is on hurtboxes. i have been editing them somehow,but im not sure exactly how. will someone look further into this please?

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
how about one with his colors reversed? (orange glow and eyes with a blue body) and i thinK Ominous wind should be his ^B. and if not, it should at least be in the moveset.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I'll definitely use him once we get a Card Reader over here we can use full time, and once I DL the HBC and everything.

This is going to be so much fun. XD

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Thats what ive been sayn lol
well, rotom won't have much of a recovery needed. he will have about as many jumps as Wisp by Eldiran. i guess i can do that, but i need a new electric idea for >B

also, i resized him. he is a lot bigger/seeable. still need to get the player tags above him instead of right on him. i think its in his origin or rotom000 bones

EDIT: while making animations, the hurtboxes got big again :(

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
does it HAVE to be electric? I just took another look at his moveset & I saw a move that could really work: Swift!
Brawl has a bunch of different star(s) textures that could make this work.
But I`m thinking we use the StarRod as an attack!
What do you guys think?

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
does it HAVE to be electric? I just took another look at his moveset & I saw a move that could really work: Swift!
Brawl has a bunch of different star(s) textures that could make this work.
But I`m thinking we use the StarRod as an attack!
What do you guys think?
i'll look into other moves, but i rly wanted to keep the electric/ghost attacks. right now, sticking with spark for >B

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
How bout:
B: Charge Beam
B>: Confuse Ray
Bv: Dark Pulse
B^: Spark like i described before

I know he doesn't NEED a verticle recovery, but look at kirby, meta knight, dee deee dee, PIT.
It's always nice to have a special move directed upwards even if it's unnecessary for recovery

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
The item freeze glitch may be due to a lack of a HaveN bone (used for holding an item).

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
The item freeze glitch may be due to a lack of a HaveN bone (used for holding an item).
that would make perfect since. i don't have much knowledge of bone editing though. is it possible to give him that bone somehow?

EDIT: also, all basic movement animations have been created. only a few need rev-amped. sent the files to fireking, and he will attempt to fix some of the issues

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Rotom doesn't need another Electric Attack, its like you're confused or something.

I recommend the following as suggestions.

Will-o-Wisp
Hidden Power
Protect
Reflect
Light Screen
Facade
Swift
Snore

or for laughs: Mud Slap.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Rotom doesn't need another Electric Attack, its like you're confused or something.

I recommend the following as suggestions.

Will-o-Wisp
Hidden Power
Protect
Reflect
Light Screen
Facade
Swift
Snore

or for laughs: Mud Slap.
I Know! i could use will o wisp, and make it a ghost and fire type. its meant to be a ghostly attack, so it could work out

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
alright, i can't decide which moves to choose, so i'll just have the people vote. vote for 1 ghost and 1 electric attack

Ghost attacks:
Confuse ray-sends a quick spark, confusing the enemy
Ominous wind- rotom spins, creating a ghostly wind
Will-o-wisp- creates dark and fire flashes

Electric attacks:
Thunder Wave- paralyzes the enemy
Shock Wave- Sends a wave of electricity around him
Charge- similar to ike's >B, but can be aimed in different directions

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Vote? Well, let's see.

-Charge's description in the OP is pretty much what Charge Beam should be like, so no Charge.
-Shock Wave is almost the same as Charge Beam, so no Shock Wave.

Therefore, Thunder Wave should be Rotom's ^B. It could do little damage, and have a somewhat-high chance of paralyzing the foe. But not too high--I mean, how cheap would it be if Rotom could edgeguard with a 100% chance of paralyzation-on-contact with ^B?

>B should be Ominous Wind. I feel like that's Rotom's signature move.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Will-O-Wisp and Ominous Wind.

Having two Electric Attacks is redundant I think.

Will-O-Wisp can give a Flower Effect, but show them being burned. With low initial damage and a low residual damage rate.

How would Ominous Wind work?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Will-O-Wisp and Ominous Wind.

Having two Electric Attacks is redundant I think.

Will-O-Wisp can give a Flower Effect, but show them being burned. With low initial damage and a low residual damage rate.

How would Ominous Wind work?
Rotom is carried upwards in a whirlwind of darkness? o3o

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
My vote:

>B: Swift: Think of it as using the StarRod with Captain Falcon or Sheik but more Pokemon-ish like this:

^B: Ominous Wind: As I said before we can have him spinning rapidly upwards in a whirlwind of darkness effects and make the hitboxes and speed similar to Samus ^b but not completely copy it...make it more...Pokemon-ish

I liked the Thunderwave idea but it was NEVER used as a psychical type move so I don't think it should be psychical in here either.

Edit: If this project is just for fun and not intended to make Rotom a balanced character, I think we should give him the ability of instant shock.
You know when Wisp is fully charged it's starts to shock anything it's area? We should add that to that Rotom...since it is pure living plasma.
Also if you've played Pokemon Platinum you would know that in one of Charon's dairies it reads that he tried to hug Rotom at one time and it shocked him becaue it's plasma and that's why he built those special appliances for Rotom to posess so he could finally hug him without the risk of electic shock.
And if you watched the episode with Rotom in it is shows that itjust sat ontop of the gangs heads and just shocked them with no remorse lol.

I think this should REALLY be added to the PSA, what do you guys think, it would really make it feel more like Rotom.

BTW will we be getting the other formes PSA and custom animations as well?
I have a GREAT moveset in mind for my favorite forme.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Edit: If this project is just for fun and not intended to make Rotom a balanced character, I think we should give him the ability of instant shock.
You know when Wisp is fully charged it's starts to shock anything it's area? We should add that to that Rotom...since it is pure living plasma.

BTW will we be getting the other formes PSA and custom animations as well?
I have a GREAT moveset in mind for my favorite forme.
i want it to be balanced, so no instant shock.

i don't mind doing a psa for the different forms, but i will NOT animate them.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
okay, as the results stand, ominous wind wins for the ghost attack. for the >B, there is a tie between between shock wave, thunder wave, and swift. i will prolly do swift, and make the other attacks like

vsmash=shock wave
>tilt= thunder wave
>vtilt/>^tilt=confuse ray
Fair=will o wisp

MaxThunder

PM Support
alright, i can't decide which moves to choose, so i'll just have the people vote. vote for 1 ghost and 1 electric attack

Ghost attacks:
Confuse ray-sends a quick spark, confusing the enemy
Ominous wind- rotom spins, creating a ghostly wind
Will-o-wisp- creates dark and fire flashes

Electric attacks:
Thunder Wave- paralyzes the enemy
Shock Wave- Sends a wave of electricity around him
Charge- similar to ike's >B, but can be aimed in different directions
Will-o-wi(s)p and shockwave...

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Moves:
B-charge Beam
>B- Swift
vB- dark pulse
^B- Ominous Wind
vSmash- Shock Wave
>Tilt-Thunder Wave
v>Tilt/^>Tilt- Confuse Ray
Fair- Will-O-Wisp
I is pleased. :chuckle:
Now it time for the "nitty gritty" :mad: the PSA and animations.
Good luck Plasmakirby1, I would help you if I had the knowledge. ;)

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
I is pleased. :chuckle:
Now it time for the "nitty gritty" :mad: the PSA and animations.
Good luck Plasmakirby1, I would help you if I had the knowledge. ;)
the opportunity to give him a projectile was to hard to pass up for me. i at least managed to think of how the other attacks would work for other actions.

it would be nice if i could have someone to help me with something, whether it be animating, psa, or both

Top Bottom