• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Mafia - OVER! Who lived happily ever after in the Subspace Emissary?

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice

They thought that they had eliminated all of the Subspace Emissary.....but they were wrong....

Further Reading:
Newbie Guide: Introduction for new players.
Basic Rules: Reading these rules, along with the game's specific rules, will help you understand the game.
Common Roles: Includes a description of the roles both commonly and uncommonly found in Mafia.
Smashboards Mafia Archives: This archive includes examples of past Mafia games in Decisive Games.

Rules​

Fundamentals
  1. Disputes with and private questions for me should be handled through PM or instant messaging. If you notice that I have made a simple mistake or if you have a simple question, please address them in the thread in bold.
  2. Dead men tell no tales. Once you have died in the game, you are dead (unless, later, I tell you you're not). Dead players are not allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive.)
  3. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread. If your role PM does allow you this power, you are to PM all conversations to the mod. They're amusing.
  4. Editing your posts is not allowed.
  5. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
  6. Personally attacking another player is not allowed.
  7. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
  8. Do not attempt to post generally unreadable or hidden text, as by changing the text color to match or resemble the page background. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
  9. You may not use ciphers, encryption, or similar techniques.
  10. You must post in English.

Voting and Lynching
  1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Virgilijus.
  2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Tom. You must unvote before voting another player.
  3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
  4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a pre-set deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
  5. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the lynch scene is posted, the game will move to Night.
  6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.

Activity and Deadline
  1. You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods over the course of the game (however many I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
  2. I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
  3. Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught.

Game-specific
  • All roles are assigned entirely at random.
  • There are no jesters in this game.
  • There are no survivors in this game.
  • There are no politicians in this game.
  • In the event of a modkill, the Day will typically end if the player being killed is town-aligned and continue otherwise. Deadline extensions and exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
  • Do not post in Lime or Cyan.

So i know that you have read the rules, post some line from a taunt from SSBB.

Town Win Condition

- Town wins when all anti-town members are eliminated.

Still Brawling
1. Kirbyoshi Sephiroths Masamune
2. ChibiCat (Tom/ChiboSempai hydra)
9. Vrael
11. The Paprika Killer
12. Meta-Kirby

Players KO'ed
7. Fatchu, Diddy Kong (vanilla townie)
3. Ryker, Captain Olimar (vanilla townie)
8. Super Smash Bros. Fan, Bowser (mafia goon)
4. Nicholas1024, Pit (Vanilla Townie)
10. Rockin, Snake (Town Vigilante)
5. Junglefever, Samus Aran(Town Cop)
6. Clownbot, Game and watch (Vanilla townie)

-Replacements-
1. Junglefever
2. If you want to be a replacement, PM me. Posts asking to be a replacement will be ignored.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Role PMs will not go out until later today, as i have some work i need to do.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Role PMs are going out now. Post in this thread to confirm that you received yours.

D

Deleted member

except the royal blue and the no 3rd parties, what's so different in the rules from a normal game?

D

Deleted member

I will officially confirm that I have received a private message from SwordRbroken about my role.

D

Deleted member

We got nine people so far who has confirmed there PM Role.

These people need to confirm there PM's:

Kirbyoshi
Fatchu
Rockin

It may be awhile thought.

"Okay!"

A question:

1. Before the game officially starts, are we allow to edit our posts?

M.K

Level 55
1. Before the game officially starts, are we allow to edit our posts?
Nope.
Don't ever click the "Edit" button in DGames. If you wanna edit your post, just add another post under it with an addition.
Or, you could put EBWOP (Edit By Way of Post) which just means....well, yeah.

>.>

D

Deleted member

Nope.
Don't ever click the "Edit" button in DGames. If you wanna edit your post, just add another post under it with an addition.
Or, you could put EBWOP (Edit By Way of Post) which just means....well, yeah.

>.>
Thank you for letting me know.

Now that Kirbyoshi has confirmed himself, we just need Rockie and Fatchu to show up.

D

Deleted member

@Rockin: Thanks for finally confirming that. Now we just need Fatchu. Everyone send him a PM message regarding the game, send him this thread website, and tell him to confirm himself so we can start this game. I'm getting pretty impatience.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Just hold on. If it takes too long Swords'll get a replacement or something, I'm sure.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Clown's right. No need to spam Fatchu's inbox. He's probz just talking to his scumbuddies or something, or he's just TOO SLOW!

M.K

Level 55
@Rockin: Thanks for finally confirming that. Now we just need Fatchu. Everyone send him a PM message regarding the game, send him this thread website, and tell him to confirm himself so we can start this game. I'm getting pretty impatience.

Umm...okay, I don't know if you're new to this or something, but usually it takes more than a few hours for things to happen in these games. You aren't the moderator, so don't command other players as such. I'm sorry that you're so annoyingly impatient, but these processes do take longer and you should expect even longer periods of time during the game.

V.V Just a forewarning. Stuff like this, plus inactives, pretty much annoy me and I'd like to have a game without any of this.

D

Deleted member

Umm...okay, I don't know if you're new to this or something, but usually it takes more than a few hours for things to happen in these games. You aren't the moderator, so don't command other players as such. I'm sorry that you're so annoyingly impatient, but these processes do take longer and you should expect even longer periods of time during the game.

V.V Just a forewarning. Stuff like this, plus inactives, pretty much annoy me and I'd like to have a game without any of this.
This, along with the fifth Newbie game are my first Mafia games I'm involved in.

Luckily, I'm relatively patience for the most part on forums and I do apoligize for what I've done and it will not happen again.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
It's alright SSBF, just relax.

Remember, the moderator handles this game and only him (unless there's a co-mod). I'm sure he's not going to let the wait be too long. If anything, he'll just find a replacement.

Remember, everyone has a life, so it may take longer for some people to respond. Also... *checks watch* the thread was made like...12 hours ago.

Give it a day or two lol

ChibiCat

vVv ChiboSempai|Tom
Normally I would say it's ok to start a game if all but a couple of people haven't confirmed yet. He will in time, if not then replace him. In the meantime the rest of us can start scumhunting.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I will start the game Sunday/Monday, maybe today if Fatchu confirms soon. I am not waiting for someone who doesn't check the thread daily to confirm.

Top Bottom