• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Zelda's Matchups: Let's Get Tactical ~

Kataefi

*smoke machine*

THE XAT CHAT:
http://xat.com/AnythingZelda
(Now a resource for discussing matchups so feel free to join)

LISTING:
S) Meta Knight

A) Snake / Diddy / Falco / Ice Climbers / Marth / Wario

B) Dedede / Pikachu / Olimar / Lucario / Game and Watch

C) Pit / Toon Link / Zero Suit Samus / Kirby / Rob

D) Donkey Kong / Peach / Fox / Luigi /Wolf

E) Sheik / Pokemon Trainer / Sonic / Ness / Bowser

F) Lucas / Ike / Yoshi / Mario / Falcon / Samus /Jigglypuff

G) Zelda / Link / Ganon

UPDATES:
Older Matchup Thread
Meta Knight discussion starting on xat @ Saturday 13th March, roughly noon US time
Replaced fc08 pic with Jujux's AMAZING chart
link to MK discussion - 11/5/10
link to Snake discussion - 9/6/10
link to Yoshi/Rob/Falco discussion - 2/8/10
AMAZING chart part deux - 5/8/10

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
inb4everyone

Anyways I would like to help out if I can. This is really the only thing I'm good at in terms of Zelda. :X

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Doesn't matter where we start. W/e everyone wants to talk about is fine.

I'm cool with vs MK. That's a match up I know pretty alright.

I suggest we discuss on the weekends because that way I'll be with sniperworm and I can cross reference with him.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yeah thought it would be wise to get MK out of the way considering if Zelda is to enter singles that would be a common matchup.

DM you want to run the MK discussion then? If you organise a time and the such then we can progress from there.

edit: weekend is also fine with me

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
KATAEFI I WAS GONNA USE THAT PICTURE FOR THE GUIDE!!! :mad:

/rage

Can't wait for the Xat discussion now that Xat doesn't randomly freeze my computer. =D Weekend sounds good as long as it's not too late (a.k.a. pregame/party time).

Darkmusician

Smash Master
That's fine with me then. I'll lead the discussion for the vs MK discussion.

We'll do it on Saturday. I'll be on the xat from 12 noon Hawaii Time and will stay on until midnight. Whenever people wanna come and go is fine with me as I'll be at sniperworms house anyway.

JuJux

Smash Apprentice
MU discussions are now on Xat :x ?
It will begin saturday at midnight ?!!! but wait hawaii Time is -7 hours compare to France time or something like that >_o ... I'll try to be there but I'm not sure :/ ..

Darkmusician

Smash Master
The discussion time will be from Noon and will go until midnight.

I'm not going to try and set an exact time to meet because that won't be possible.

Long story short I'll be on the Zelda xat for that time period and anyone that wants to can discuss.

MrEh

Smash Hero
MU discussions are now on Xat :x ?
It will begin saturday at midnight ?!!! but wait hawaii Time is -7 hours compare to France time or something like that >_o ... I'll try to be there but I'm not sure :/ ..
Then try to be on during the evening. (your time)

We'll be on by then.

JuJux

Smash Apprentice
Hum, by the way, I made a chart for the French board, with using the new tiers list, the kata's chart and Jayson Hotchkiss's fanarts.
You can use it if you want.

thanks to Jayson Hotchkiss for fanarts.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
But unlike this, in CS, Rachel gets a D***ing by the makers.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
THAT IS WONDERFUL. that makes you my better rival in the business of chart making. I'm gonna take it if you don't mind =p

JuJux

Smash Apprentice
haha, you're welcome =p. Anyway, I had only used your precedent chart with news pictures in the order of the tiers list =p.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Updated with the new chart - thanks Jujux! Also any chance you could link us to the French site?

DM are we still definitely good to go for the weekend? I'll make a note in the thread title what time etc.

Bandit

Smash Lord
That's 5pm EST (thanks to DM on this). I have no idea how that lines up with you, Kat. As I've stated before, I am terrible with time zones.

JuJux

Smash Apprentice
Updated with the new chart - thanks Jujux! Also any chance you could link us to the French site?
http://www.ssb-france.com/ : Index page
http://www.ssb-france.com/forum/fiche-personnage-de-zelda-t15.html : My personal guide. Not finished yet. I need to add a "hide" function so that I can hide "spoilers" >.>

That's 5pm EST (thanks to DM on this). I have no idea how that lines up with you, Kat. As I've stated before, I am terrible with time zones.
So 11pm french time ? I guess I'll be able to attend to it :-O.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Went to the chat and nobody was there...... so uhhh. Guess I missed it or something.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh wow. So many people were talking about it that I thought it was today. @.@

Skimming ftl......

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I demand to know why you have already put up a matchup ratio when no discussions have even taken place as of yet???

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I demand to know why you have already put up a matchup ratio when no discussions have even taken place as of yet???
Lol, so what should the Zelda v Zelda MU be besides 50-50? Oh wait, lets go the way of Falco and put '100-0 Zelda always wins.' :)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You got a point there I have noticed that Zelda happens to always wn that matchup......it might be something to consider bwahahahah.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Veggie got a point too.....see this is exactly why we should discuss these things before posting up matchup ratios beforehand.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Okay so the plan for tomorrow is we somehow all come together... and discuss MK. That is evening for the europeans, afternoonish for mainland Americans(???) and roughly a little earlier for the hawaiians(???)

SO BAD with times I am - but yeah, the plan is that DM cos you're leading this particular matchup, you could possibly get someone to scribe some of the notes and discussion taken? And if it's inactive then prod people for their opinions? Totally up to you how run this thing. I'll try and pop in the usual time Sat night. Hopefully people will turn up. Make sure you all turn up! :mad:

Top Bottom