• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Phillips Brawl, San Antonio, TX 3/6/10

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Much like last week but with a new unexpected twist.

Just check the results.

1: Espy ($46.80) :sonic:
2: Hylian ($19.50) :popo:
3: K Prime ($11.70) :pikachu2:
4: Nike20 :marth:
5: PyleDriver :snake::wario:
5: GBang :peach:
7: Kyro :ness2::olimar:
7: KDawg :olimar:

9: RK-9 :dk2:
9: GreyFox86 :zelda::falco::snake::dedede:
9: Brandon :lucas:
9: Pness
13: Max10n :ganondorf:
13: Xero :falco:
13: Edward
13: Paw! :zerosuitsamus::gw:
17: Ignition
17: Tofer :peach:
17: Mike :snake:
17: T Smith
17: Wombat :metaknight:
17: Arnold
17: JP
17: Alex
25: Sam (Forfeit: Reason, MK johns)
25: Slim (Forfeit: Reason, ZSS fallen body armor)
25: A-Rod

Shoutouts will come soon

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
My favorite part of this tournament was going to CiCi's and playing Melee at Nike's house.

I can't really comment on the actual tournament since I missed pretty much everything lol. Blame women.

We will miss you Donkey Bong! Stay safe!

PyleDriver1690

Smash Cadet
lol my name is spelled wrong and i usd wario instead of d3 :p but all in all ill have shoutouts sooon

good stuff greyfox lol pretty slick of you :D

OverLade

Smash Hero
****it Espy I wanted to play you and instead you skip out and come **** here :(. Good stuff!

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
another really fun tournament for me, i love san antonio.

SHOUTSIES!

Espy - dang, san antonio too good, grats on winning

Hylian - Thanks for coming down for the tournament, it was fun getting beat down by your ICs :D

Nike20 - as always, it was fun hanging out during the tournament and friendlies and whatnot

PyleDriver - dang, i was so sad when you went snake, lol. good matches

GBang - did you know 9/10 people enjoy gang bangs?

Kyro - keep practicing that lolimar, i never realized how **** yo ness is

RK-9 - im really sad that you're leaving, :( good luck sir, come back soon (WHO AM I GOING TO TEAM WITH NOW :()

GreyFox86 - well run tournament again, sir. and wth, when did you go DDD

Brandon - not bad for your first tournament, hope to see you around a lot more.

Pness - good matches, your name is lolz

Max10n - fun friendlies, i hope you ***** slim in blazblue

Paw! - sigh, your so bad, quit losing to snakes. good job on making slim forefit tho

Tofer - i dont think we make a good team :X

Nike.

Smash Hero
Now that I look at it, I see what went wrong. When we made the bracket, I had no idea that GBang was Castro. Him play Kyro first round, and then DB awaiting the winner. That shouldn't have happened considering how many people not from the normal scene showed up.

/gripe

Shoutouts later <3

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Where is Donkey Bong going?

Also, why were the payouts so low? o_O Didn't I get like 96 for a 32 person tournament?

Brax

Smash Rookie
This was so much fun! Can't wait for another tourney.

(This is Brandon, yay I have a smashboards account XD)

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
It was a great Tourny, I had a great time. And yes I agree Paw I love San Antonio so much too.

Espy - San Antonio's last hope for being good! First Tourny you've actually won, that's awesome.

Hee-lian - Appreciate you coming down, I didn't know so I was unable to buy you your soda, sorry. I love your IC's though, but I hate your Nana she seems too smart.

K Prime - You did great as always. I love the taunt to jab you did to Espy.

Nike20 - I still think you're the St Phillips champ! I loved seeing your matches with Castro, Hee-lian, and K Prime. Marth is so gay!

Castro - I love your Peach, and like you said I do too much Melee things. I will try and work them out, and become a better Peach. Kudos to you for making Peach in top 5!

Kyro - You like EarthBound, that automatically makes you an awesome guy.

RK-9 - :( I am really sad to see you leave. No more Paw and DonkeyBong money matches, sad to see you leave.

GreyFox86 - Thanks for running the tourny, it was very smooth. Although I do wish we had time to play Smash 64 before you left.

Max10n - Our matches were giving me Heart attacks, I still love that Gannon F-Air and Peach Stitch Face colliding, that was awesome. I hate moving platforms.

Paw! - I do not think we make good teams either :(

Tofer - Why do you play so bad? Get better or I'm not going to be your friend anymore.

@PX he is leaving for the Navy, and won't be back for another 2 months. This was his last tournament.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
shoutsies!

Espy: good ish son! SA winning its moniez back, you did great in your sets against Hylian and Prime.

Hylian: i was really glad to meet you, you're a cool guy and a really good player. like i wanna cry good.

K Prime: i'm always impressed by anything you do in game Prime, no joke. "omg he jabbed! he's amazing!"

Nike20: i have yet to play you in tourney, and i really want to. someday Nike, it will be me, not Castro losing to you haha. keep the scene alive dude, dont move! :p

PyleDriver: good stuff man, i enjoyed our matches, but i feel like i could have done much better. next time, next time.

GBang: that was Castro???? LOL no wonder haha. good bracket trolling, i was wondering why you ended up playing Kyro in the first round.

Kyro: honestly, i'm a little upset you placed better than me. i'll get you next time gadget! good stuff though, congrats on placing well.

RK-9: L2CP

GreyFox86: good job on running another tourney. well handled incident haha.
Brandon: dang Brandon, well done getting 9th at first tourney. keep playing, you've got a lot to learn man, and when you do learn you'll be really good. Kprime status lol.

Max10n: Ganon? whaaaaa? fun melee and brawl matches with items haha. one piece of three? where have i heard this before??? XD

Paw!: good **** son you made Slim ragequit a tourney, and you didnt even play him thats how good you are hahaha.

Tofer: i totally forgot to ask you if you'd brought your PS2. :(

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
@PX: Entry fee was $5.00, not $10.00

****it Espy I wanted to play you and instead you skip out and come **** here :(. Good stuff!
Sorry. Perhaps WHOBO, then?

Pness is gonna be top 3 in sa in the future. :o
Dang. Bold statement. Was that the person you brought with you? Bring him around more often, I want to play him.

=====

Shoutsies:

Hylian: Great sets in WF and GF. Always a treat to hang out with you. Sorry for almost cutting your fingers off ;-;

K Prime: REVENGE!! :mad:. lol, our sets are always way too good. Beat him next time!! Oh, and you left soo~ early!! ;-;

Nike20: Your set with K Prime was great to watch. Oh, and changing to Falco...whatever works for you. Might make the Pika match up easier if you'd rather enjoy getting 0-lol'd by Prime.

GBang: Jungle Japes was lol. Keep it up, son. You'll break that top 5 in San Antonio at this rate.

RK-9: Good games at Nikes. Too good. ;-; that you're leaving us.

GreyFox86: Good stuff for hosting the tournament since McClusky couldn't make it. My Zelda's a crowd pleaser.

Max10n: lol @ first tournament match. Double Ganon and Ganon/Zelda/Link teams too goooood!

Paw!: lol. You made him quit.

Tofer: Your match vs. Max10n sounded intense. Good **** though. Fun stuff at Nike's.

Everyone else: Thanks for coming! Go to Nikefest!!

Kyronexx

Smash Apprentice
Really good stuff that day. Lots of fun and lots of new faces. ( well to me anyway)

Espy - Happy for yah man. you did SA good by keeping the money here ; )

Hee-lian - Thanks for showing and explaining some stuff about the ICs to me. Hope to get more games in with yah some time.

K Prime - nice seeing you again. to bad we didnt get to play, ha if it was'nt for you being in the gannon xat when u were a year and a half ago i would have never known about SA's Smash Scene.

Nike20 - I wish i could have played you in the tourney. good stuff huh, hope you enjoyed my matches i enjoyed yours.

Brax (Brandon) - Good job man! You did good in the tourney!. Now you got to push yourself to go to the next level. I know your Lucas is gunna do well ^_-

Kyro - tsk tsk could have done a little better if you didnt get cocky towards the end huh? Keep a cool mind next time and keep spacing.

RK-9 - good times hanging out with yah man. be careful out there and see if you can dig up any dirt on the gov for me while ur out there ; ) i want to know whats going on from the inside.

GreyFox86 - good job running the tourney. ^_- Hope to play you in tourney again sometime cuz "I cant let you win that greyfox". but on a serious note good job man you have improved your falco a lot.

PyleDriver - Dude you gave me what i deserved in that tourney. i didnt know u were one of the more serious smashers. I knew ur name but i had never met you and when u came up to me i didnt even ask who you were. Good short games man, i have to admit i played stupidly sorry i didnt give you my all i hope to play you in tourney again man. GGs : D

Max10n - i wish i would have been able to play your Gannon saw some of your matches though. Keep at it

Paw! - XD you made Slim quit i will never forget that hahahaha. Keep at it with your Zsuit Sammy ok : D

Tofer - didnt get to play you, but nice meeting you and hope to play yah some time

Gbang(castro) - lol all this talk about me and you playing just because of your name instead of them talking about our match hahaha. the matches with you were really the best ive ever had. even though we played each other im happy we both placed. Keep improving cuz i will ^_^, cant wait to battle it out in tourney again.
hahahaha me and you first round, even though i lost to you i loved every moment of it. your peach is grand keep it up. btw because of what happened in game 3 i am never taking anyone to picto chat ever again XD that stage hates me.

Slim - .... * holds back lapgh *....... XD BLAHAHAHAHA

@Espy: I am not too slow! TRAIN ME! Your playstyle is magnificent! I want it! I need it! TRAIN me so I can AWAKEN!

@KPrime: I still haven't played you, or watched you as much as I should have, but I won't let your pupil get better than me! You vs Espy is like Vegeta vs Goku.

@Donkey Bong: I wish you would have used DK for our set. I love playing against your DK, I don't think Ive ever been so even with somebody in such an opposite way since Zook with Ike. Gonna miss seeing you at these events.

@Kyro: I learned some important things from you that day, your dodging is great, I couldn't catch you even though I could read your air dodges. good stuff, hope to play you more. Also thanks for the Olimar tips, I might just pick him up to help me against Snake.

@Maaaan: Teams is too funny. I will have no more of that.

@Pness: mada mada dane. If you main Lucario I want to play you a lot more, find me at every event. With Donkey Bong leaving :( I'm going to need a new rival.

@Tofer: I was thinking about your falling Dair to Dsmash, it might just be really useful at higher percents to instantly create distance so you worry less about counter attack. We need to play each other and exchange techniques, having each other around can be a good way to learn.

@JUJ: Stop ducking me and show up! I need to prove my place! But first lets train so I can learn my matchups against MK and DDD.....

@Nike: Epic set, as always.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Dang. Bold statement. Was that the person you brought with you? Bring him around more often, I want to play him.
Yeah, that was my brother. I think he did pretty good for never really playing the game. I was coaching him a lot though. He wants to start getting good at brawl now. He still hasn't decided on a main yet. He used Lucario, Snake, MK, and Pit in the tourney.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Dang. Who said it was his brother at St. Phillips? Was it Nike? Either way, good call.

And yeah, bring him around more often, and stay for friendlies!!
You can only really get better when you play, right?

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Dang @ that character selection on Primes bro.

Ugh, and I wanted to use Zelda more. :(

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Lol, Double posting.

I guess I can do shoutouts now.

1: Espy - Congrats on breaking the curse rivalry against Austin. Now if you can do that multiple times then I think we can be even with them. :D

2: Hylian - Great to see you again, Mr. Super Mod/Admin. I didn't get to play your IC's this time around. Maybe some other time?

3: K Prime - Wow, who knew that was your brother. He did very well, and just like you, he is going to be annoying to deal with.

4: Nike20 - Thanks for the Falco practice. I think I'm getting the hang of it now but I need to stop SDin so much. >_<

5: PyleDriver - So you show up yet again. Nice for you to join us more often. :D

5: GBang - **** IT CASTRO!!!! :p

7: Kyro - I so had you on game two. If not for the SD, it would have been closer. Your Olimar is good but annoying....which is good.

7: KDawg - Man you need to goto more tourneys. I missed seeing ya. :)

9: RK-9 - Sucks that your leaving and all. Looks like we are going to postpone that 64 and MKvZelda MM's till you get back. xD

9: GreyFox86 - Just a bit closer. I know you can do it.

9: Brandon - This was your first as well? Man all this young talent in SA. I'm loving it. ;)

9: Pness - Silly name is silly. Good match's after the tourney.

13: Max10n - Max10n is your new name. I hope you kicked Slim's cheatin ***. :p

13: Xero - Holy **** man, its been forever and a year since I've seen you.

13: Paw! - You scared Slim away. Lol, you shouldn't have done that cause Hylian wanted to **** him hard. xD

17: Tofer - Man you need to get better. I expected more. YOU MUST RECOVER!!!

17: Mike - Not quite White Mike. =/

25: Sam (Forfeit: Reason, MK johns) - You suck.

25: Slim (Forfeit: Reason, ZSS fallen body armor) - So do you.

I wanna thank everyone for being patient with me about that whole ZSS armor pieces BS. I apologize for holding the tourney up and all. I'm just glad to host another great tourney for SA. I hope to continue to be SA's sub-TO till I can find a venue worth hosting. :(

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Espy: I still have no clue what happened in that first match. Sad too, it stopped me from playing K-Prime and showing him what Maxion is capable of. XD (Hint: It rhymes with "evil".)

Also, if I'd lost to K-Prime I would've got a chance to play you Kyro. Funny how my failure worked out there. :(

As for shoutouts, I'm in a bit of a rush, so I'll try to get to it later...

And it gives me great giddy glee to see Ganon's lack of a smile on that results list. :D

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
And sorry if this is a double post...

But yes to those who asked. Tager got all up in Slim's ***. Tager Time is too good.

And I still intend to be Maaaaaaaaaan, even if Maxion is hilariously fitting. Clearly, my firstborn son shall be named such, immediately after he's baptized in gunpowder and I raise him up over Pride Rock.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
And sorry if this is a double post...

But yes to those who asked. Tager got all up in Slim's ***. Tager Time is too good.

And I still intend to be Maaaaaaaaaan, even if Maxion is hilariously fitting. Clearly, my firstborn son shall be named such, immediately after he's baptized in gunpowder and I raise him up over Pride Rock.
Sweet deal. Funny thing is, if I had my stick, I would've beaten Slim no problem. I can't play Tao on pad. ;-;

Wow, Baptized in Gunpowder. More manly than Cfal. :X

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Light the gunpowder on fire.

The manliest way to get baptized is via explosion.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I have a question. A very, simple, question:

27 Entrants.
$5.00 entry fee.
$135 total pot.

=====

Pot distribution was:
1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%

=====

If the total pot was $135, the money distribution should've been:

1st: $81.00
2nd: $33.75
3rd: $20.25

The payouts were:

1: Espy ($46.80)
2: Hylian ($19.50)
3: K Prime ($11.70)

$78 Dollars total combining those three distributions. We'd only have that much if everyone who entered only paid $3 for entry.

=====

So...what happened to the other $57.00?

I personally don't care, but at the same time, something like this shouldn't have gone unnoticed. I was wary too when Hylian brought it up, but I didn't think of it until recently...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah I noticed this as well. I'd like some answers.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I can answer some of it.

Ok so apparently when I got there the guy there, Todd I think it was, had everything down as if he was going to run it. I was like, ok whatever I'm doing the bracket noob so get out of my way. Of course he did. :p

Anyways, so I'm putting the payout to the top 3 players, which is 60/25/15 the way KM does his. Todd turns and looks at my pay out and says this. I kid you not this is what he said.

"Put the house cut at 40%"

I was like WTF mate. So we end up talking about that and it turns out the guys who rented that area out were WAY over their heads on this cause they had to pay 500$ out they pocket. Obviously they didn't have that kind of money together. (Go figure SA)

Anyways I'm talking with him about it and there is nothing I could do to change his mind.

KM talked to him about it and he couldn't do anything about it to stop him. Also the Tekken players who won thought the same thing and said if they had known about this, they would have never have joined in. So it was a ****ty day for Todd if I do say so myself.

That's what happened to the other 60$

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Pretty much everything Greyfox said.

I was hella pissed when I heard about the 40% percent part. At least some of the other St Phillips kids back up the story about being charged money to use the place. I just hope it went to the costs of the place and not someone's pocket.

I calmed down a bit after hearing about the money crisis with the school, but like the players, I'm upset I didn't know about it when I agreed to promote the tournament.

Once again, the search for a venue continues.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah, I'm pretty upset as well.

If you guys ever decide to use their services again, try getting them to issue a venue fee rather than taking money out of the pot.
I'm certainly not going back otherwise.

It's like a golden rule of tournaments: You don't screw with the pot.
I'm mostly pissed about how they didn't ever once mention it at all.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I feel the same as Espy.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Apparently it was all last minute. But I don't care if the drama happened 2 days before the tournament, they neglected to inform me until I found out.

I'm taking a much bigger involvement if they ever decide to run something again. I'm just glad people are not taking it out on me, especially since I wasn't even there.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Apparently it was all last minute. But I don't care if the drama happened 2 days before the tournament, they neglected to inform me until I found out.

I'm taking a much bigger involvement if they ever decide to run something again. I'm just glad people are not taking it out on me, especially since I wasn't even there.
Don't worry too much about it. This just means we have to find a better venue, again, to host tourneys.

I'll try to see what I can find at a decent price.

@Espy: OMG @ Sig & Avvy. <333

Top Bottom