• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ravyn presents: W.P.D.B -We Payin' Dem Bills! March 13th (@Zero Ping) CFL! be here...

Coffee™

I need it....
General Information

Date:
March 13th 2010:

Schedule:
Registration Sign ups at 11:00am
Tournament (Doubles) will begin at 12:00am sharp so be here by then
Singles will be played whenever Doubles ends.
Low Tier tournament will be played simultaneously with doubles and will start at 12:30.

Entry Fees:
Registration/Door Fee - $5
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles - $20 per team
Low Tier Singles - $5

Payout:
Singles - 45/30/15/10
Doubles - 45/30/15/10
Low Tier Singles - 60/30/10

*Payouts are to 4th place* except for Low Tier

Characters allowed for Low Tier:

:lucas: :ike: :yoshi2: :mario2: :falcon: :samus2: :jigglypuff:
:zelda: :link2: :ganondorf:

Address:
5450 South State Road 7, Hollywood, Florida, 33174 Suite Number 41.

Zero Ping is found on 441, between the main streets of Stirling Road, and Griffen. Those are two exits off of I-95. Take I-95 (south or north respectively) Exit off of Stirling Road and head WEST from I-95. When you hit 441/State Road 7 (its the same street) Make a right so you should now be heading NORTH. The next light you'll see is a street called Seminole Way. After that the second Street is called Lucky Street. Make a right there into the plaza.

Contact Info:
Name: Ravyn
AIM: maniaclyrasist
Cell: (754) 214-0583 (Call only, NO TEXT)

(There is a new ruleset so be sure to read everything below properly)
RULES:

- Double Eliminations.

- Matches are 3 stock, 8 minutes.

- Items are set to “off” and “none”.

- Stage striking will be used to select the stages that will be played on for the duration of the set from the 17 available stages.

- At the beginning of the set player A will strike one stage, Player B will then proceed to strike another stage. Players will continue to alternate until only 3 stages are left. Players will strike down to 5 stages for finals matches.

These are the ONLY stages that will be used for that set. Players will continue to strike down to one stage to determine what stage will be used for the first round.

The loser of the first game will then choose which of the remaining stages they would like Round 2 to be played on. After this the winner of the previous round will select their character, then the loser will select their character. If necessary this process will be repeated on the last remaining stage. Repetition of stages in a set is not allowed.

Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Luigi's Mansion
Pictochat
Jungle Japes
Distant Planet

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Stalling is banned. Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

If time runs out during a match, Sudden Death will never be played. Use the following rules instead:
If one player has more stock remaining than the other, the victor will be the player with the most stock.

If the stock count is tied, then the player with the lowest damage percent wins the round.

If Sudden Death is forced by one player using a "suicide" move (Kirby/Dedede Swallow, Ganondorf Flame Choke, Bowser Bomb, Wario Bite, etc.), then whoever initiated the suicide move wins the game.

If both the percent and stock are tied at the end of a match, a one (1) stock, two (2) minute match will be played. This match must be played on the same level as the game prior and with the same characters. Whoever wins this 1-stock playoff wins the game.

There is no Ledge Grab limit for either teams or singles .

Additional Rules:

- In the event of any dispute, for example: controller ports or character color choice, both players will play Rock Paper Scissors for it.

- BYOC. You are responsible for your own controller (Bring your own) and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties the game has started. Multiple instances of resetting due to controller errors will result in a potential DQ.

- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

- Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

- Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

- Set team attack to "on" and Life Stealing is allowed in doubles.

- Don't be a douche. The tournament host reserves the right at any time to make you leave the tournament. (That's me!)
Everyone that can, please BRING SETUPS as it will lower your door fee.
yea .

_WindeX_

Smash Apprentice
I'm going low tier singles and regular singles......Polt's probably winning low tier singles lol.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
10% for 4th place is a lot dude. 5% should be given at best. Give 50% to the winner.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i'll be here wreckin low tier....

gona use random to decide who in low tier to use... it'll work

somehow

MK FRIENDLIES DAY LETS DO IOTTTT

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Wha?

BBR needs to rediscuss. LGL's need to be required if we don't want to see boring camp fest during MLG orlando.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I support lack of LGL until someone can prove that planking besides MK's is unbeatable >_>

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
;P Well is there at least some sort of rule that can prevent the character that has an unbeatable plank from abusing it?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I could see why it would be stalling.

I mean if I'm on the other side of the map ALLOWING my opponent to get back on the stage, but they just stay on the ledge, that would be legitely stalling. Or if I let them up, approach or get back and they get back on the ledge. Just thinking of it makes me frustrated. I'm glad I haven't played against someone who has done that.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
So why is coaching not allowed? I watched ADHD vs Shadow, and they bring up an interesting point. All of the other big games allow for coaches, why doesn't smash?

_WindeX_

Smash Apprentice
So why is coaching not allowed? I watched ADHD vs Shadow, and they bring up an interesting point. All of the other big games allow for coaches, why doesn't smash?
I might be mistaken, but by these other big games, are you referring to Halo, Gears, and Call of duty? I can see why a group of people would need a coach telling them where to be and what to do, but brawl (unless we're talking teams), is all about thinking for yourself. If a coach could tell you exactly what you needed to do, he may as well play the game himself.

Doubles coaches on the other hand could be useful......

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Coaching isn't allowed mid-match.
I think you can talk about whatever you want between each one.

Top Bottom