• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cave Story for WiiWare

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Title: Cave Story
Box Art: N/A
Genre: Action / Adventure Platformer
ERSB Rating: TDB
Platform: WiiWare
Developer: Nicalis
Publisher:
MSRP: 15 USD

Cave Story (洞窟物語 Dōkutsu Monogatari) is a freeware action-adventure video game released in 2004 for PC, designed and created over five years by Daisuke Amaya, art-name Pixel.

The main character moves across the game screen, and can jump and shoot at will. Initially, the player may only run and jump, but a variety of weapons and items can be acquired throughout the game. Weapons can be obtained from treasure chests or traded at various locations in the game. A leveling system allows the player to level up their weapons to do more damage as they collect experience from fallen enemies, similarly your weapons can lose experience and even level down as you get hurt, presenting unique situations.
(Source: Wikipedia)

As of this post, Cave Story for WiiWare comes out in two weeks. less than two weeks.
To be honest, I haven't beaten
Hell
yet, but in my defense, it's because it's as hard as I Wanna Be the Guy.

Cave Story Blog

Mewter

Smash Master
Hurrah for Cave Story!
I never actually made it to
Hell
or got the
nemesis
, but I did get the ending where you fight the Core.

I'm pretty stoked.:)

UberMario

Smash Master
It's a shame other freeware greats haven't gotten nearly as much attention as Cave Story.

But the updated graphics mode should be fun and I'd definitely eventually give this a shot.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I am incredibly excited for this. Definitely going to pick this up so Pixel gets the money he deserves.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I love this game. Never got very far, the furthest I got was to the worst ending (I didn't save it there, though) and beyond that I got lost. Definitely going to buy it on WiiWare though, this game needs recognition for being awesome.

Top Bottom