• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

QLD DORF Clan: R.I.P. DORF OFF

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
GANONDORF GATHERINGS:
QLD Meets & Tournaments dedicated to the Great King of Evil - GANONDORF!

I am Ganondorf; King of Gerudo. I am also known as The Great King Of Evil. Every 100 years a male Gerudo is born. Luckily I was one of them. I wanted to take over Hyrule because I for one am VERY POWERFUL. I actually did take over Hyrule at one point. I managed to get my hands on the Triforce. Apparently, when evil lands on the Triforce, IT SEPARATES. Luckily I managed to keep the Triforce of Power! Hyrule was mine! Under my evil reign! No one was able to stand in my way! But then that BA5TARD Link sent me to the Sacred Realm and KEPT ME THERE. I didn't know what to do with myself. IT WAS HELL. But luckily I got out! I WANT TO RECLAIM MY TERRITORY AGAIN!! If anyone is willing to join me to make a land of pure evil, let me know. I already have three loyal minions, oldman, sea and ranga. The more people I have, the better chance of the world becoming mine! Come to my tournaments, accept my power and if you are fortunate I will spare your life and allow you to be apart of MY REIGN. If you dare to cross my path and question my power, THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY. GOT IT?!?
Ganondorf, The Great King of Evil.​

UPCOMING MEETS & TOURNEYS

N/A

DORF OFF ruleset
SSBB (singles and doubles)

General Rules

• GANONDORF ONLY
• 3 Stock
4 minute timer for singles, 6 minute timer for doubles no timer (to avoid timing out, matches must be won via KO's - or SD's lol)
• Items are set to 'off' and 'none'
• All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any finals matches)
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
• If a game ends with Ganondorf performing a flame choke (forward B) off the stage, grabbing his opponent and both players losing their last stock, the player performing the flame choke wins. Even if it results as a win for his opponent or ends in sudden death.
• In doubles, life stealing is allowed and team attack is on

Stage List

There are 7 stages and each match a stage is selected at random. No starters, no counter-picking, no banning. Since everyone is playing as Ganondorf, stage selection provides no advantage or disadvantage to any player.

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Delfino Plaza
Norfair
Pirate Ship

SSBM (singles and doubles)

General Rules

• GANONDORF ONLY
• 4 Stock
4 minute timer for singles, 6 minute timer for doubles no timer (to avoid timing out, matches must be won via KO's - or SD's lol)
• Items are set to 'off' and 'none'
• All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any finals matches)
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
• In doubles, life stealing is allowed and team attack is on

Stage List

There are 5* stages and each match a stage is selected at random. No starters, no counter-picking, no banning. Since everyone is playing as Ganondorf, stage selection provides no advantage or disadvantage to any player.

Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams

*we're open to more stage suggestions

RESULTS

DORF OFF I: Introduction to POWER

DOUBLES (brawl)

1. J-birds + Amaterasu
2. Testikills + Calibur
3. rangaDORF + lv.9 Ganondorf
4. Arrow + DJ Cat
5. oldmanDORF + seaDORF
6. Vyse + Ethan

SINGLES

N/A

DORF OFF II: Revenge of the DORF

DOUBLES (brawl)

1. Unlimited Power (seaDORF + rangaDORF)
2. Infinite Power (oldmanDORF + Arrow)
3. Vyse + Yokai
4. Scrubs + J-Birds
5. tigerDORF + Calibur
5. Sirias + Ethan

DOUBLES (melee)

1. TOTALLY NOICE MAYYUUNN SRSLOOIIYYY (Sirias + Syke)
2. Arrow + Sieg
3. Vyse + Calibur
4. Unlimited Power (seaDORF + tigerDORF)
5. Dual Terrible (rangaDORF + oldmanDORF)
5. Scrubs + J-Birds

SINGLES (brawl)

1. seaDORF
2. rangaDORF
3. Arrow
4. oldmanDORF
5. Calibur
5. Sirias
7. J-Birds
7. Vyse
9. Scrubs
9. Yokai
9. Ethan
9. tigerDORF

QUESTIONS? CONTACT

Post here, or contact:
oldmanDORF (Adam) 0431 548 043
seaDORF (Dan) 0431 196 744

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf Nemesis List

- Brisbane Valley (particularly Mana Bar)
- Link fanboys
- Police
- Sunlight
- Health
- Chafe (we have massive thighs so it is by right our most powerful enemy)
- Anyone who tries to enforce their laws on us
- Anyone who tries to defy

Ganondorf Alliance List

- God (Lvl. 9 ganondorf in generic colours)
- Other ganondorfs
- The Colonel
- Dan Murphy's
- Beamo's (from zelda)
- Moustache's
- Mullets
- Anyone seen sculling a beer or mashing food

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
I should be able to make it, time for some epic ganon dittos =D

I'll let you guys know for certain throughout the week if I need some help getting there and what not (>^^)>

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Yeh chris, it would be awesome if you could make it. I'm not expecting a massive turnout seeing as this is the first one. Maybe 10 or so people but it'll be nice and relaxing. We'll get a barbeque going, shoot some pool, play a bit of cricket etc. Just message me if you need to be picked up from anywhere.

Beer + ganondorf dittos are heaps of fun. That's pretty much been my life for the past year. On all the DORF'S wiis combined, ganondorf has over 20,000 ko's haha.

If this is successful, I wouldn't mind hosting a ganondorf only tournament like once every 3 months or whatever. Get a ganondorf power rankings set up lmao. We'll find out who has the most supreme dorf in QLD.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Don't know about that, ganondorf dies pretty quickly in brawl haha, our dorf dittos last 3 mins on average i rekon. All our ko's pretty much come from stomps, choke-slams off-stage and edgehogs.

EDIT: And yeh, on saturday, we'll get some other games set up as well (sf4 etc) and any other games people would like to play. If you can confirm that you're coming, please either post in this thread or message me before you come over just so i have a fair idea of numbers to cater for (number of t.v's and kilos of MEAT for the barby!!!)

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Even though I've already said I'm coming, I figured I'd post here anyways =)

I wonder if Chris has learned Ganon tech already :p

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Yeh mate, you're definitely welcome to come. If ganondorf isn't your thing, you can just play a couple of matches and then do other stuff...

There will be a N64 set-up (golden eye maybe), PS3 with street fighter, maybe get melee set up. I've got a tennis court and a swimming pool & pool table so there's plenty to do. Basically it will just be a boozy afternoon for people to relax and chill and we'll be having a barbeque for dinner.

There's no finishing time. People can head home whenever they want or sleep over if they've had too much to drink.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
It's alrite, got to do abit of cleaning up first though. Unfortunately it's being sold and i'll be outta here by the 31st March which sucks. I'd like to have some meets at my place. I could still have some meets at the new place i'm moving in to cos i would have the entire downstairs area to myself and it's spacey. Probably only have 10 people max though at the annerley place.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
10 people is still a lot of people.
Sounds like it'll be epic either way.

Who will you be living with?

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Well my folks split up so that's why we're selling the house. I'm moving with my mum, brother and sister but the house is 2 stories and since i'm at uni, i get abit of privacy and i get the whole bottom floor.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeh mate, you're definitely welcome to come. If ganondorf isn't your thing, you can just play a couple of matches and then do other stuff...
I'm the guy who teams with Lvl 9 Ganon in teams.

My ganon used to be pretty amazing in Melee.

Sif Ganon isn't my thing.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Jbirds, ask rocko (ricky) if he would like to come? Some other people that come to mind that I'd like to see turn up are...

- Scrubs
- Hotdog
- Yokai
- R4VEN

I know Bob sent messages to 6 or so people today. From what i've seen so far through threads and messages, these are the people attending. Let me know if your name is there and you definitely aren't going so i can have a better idea of numbers...

seaDORF
oldmanDORF
rangaDORF
Dj Cat
Arrow (maybe)
Toki
Testikills
Calibur
Vyse
Amaterasu
Jbirds
Sieg (maybe)

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
Some other people that come to mind that I'd like to see turn up are...

- Scrubs
- Hotdog
- Yokai
- R4VEN
I'd also add Kickflip to that list seeing as he immediately worshiped the DORF clan when we first met him, but I haven't seen or heard from him since last PMS. Also pinefreshDORF and phantomDORF so the DORF clan is complete.. sadly they'll probably be having a skirt party in warwick slash playing FFXIII and neither of them can drive, WORTHLESS.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Hey, i've got a suggestion on the format for the ganondorf tournament. I'm posting it here to get some feedback from people.

The way i see it, ganondorf 4 ways are where it's at. I know that not everyone likes ganondorf as much as me so 1 v 1's may be a little boring to some. I rekon it would be cool if you could split everyone into pools of 4 and play 5 matches of 4 way dorf-offs. Maybe you could have a points system to determine the top 2 players in the pool that advance into brackets. So for example...

1st place = 4 points
2nd place = 3 points
3rd place = 2 points
4th place = 1 point

And calculate the total of everyones points after the 5 matches and eliminate the bottom 2 players and the top 2 advance into brackets. I rekon this will accurately determine the top 2 players as 5 matches will give you plenty of time to make a comeback if you happen to fail in a match. Most people will be drinking so there will be SD's left, right and centre.

The flaw i see with this idea is that people may form alliances to take out the leading player which will make it interesting. Treachoury will be rife.

After pools, we could go with a 1 v 1 format or maybe continue with the 4 ways. I don't know, i'll see what the general opinion on it is. I just believe that 4 ways are heaps more fun. We should set a bare minimum of 6 standard drinks before playing brackets so the further you advance, the more smashed the player is. I would love to see 4 way grand finals though, that would be epic. We're filming the grand final and putting it on youtube xD

So we'll kick things off at 3:30 and we'll play some doubles so it gives people a chance to hone their ganondorf skills before playing singles. Singles will be played anytime after doubles. I'm not setting a time limit. We're not rushing. Is there anyone who doesn't drink that will be attending? We highly encourage everyone to get trashed...

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
We highly encourage everyone to get trashed...
the DORF clan are legally obliged to encourage the responsible drinking of alcohol. However, we do not set by example!

Initially we were going to just do 1 v 1 matches for singles, but like seaDORF said 4-ways are where the fun is at with Ganondorf, so leave your feedback here and we'll decide on a format.. I'm kind of liking the starting off with pools idea

we'll also be having some kind of crew battle.. maybe the DORF clan vs everyone else hahaha

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Dude, Dan. You got it goin on. Your place sounds amazing.
EVERYTHING about Sea's Domain is SO Acceptable.
Including the Dorf-Sea (teh pool), the cricket area, the BASKETBall (BEN!!!!) the Bennis Tall hitting area (tennis court), the insane amout of space, the TVs already there, the big headed way cool dog (lets just say its a Husky so Kas comes).
Yeah, this place is FAR superior to mine, its off the hook.
Dorf doubles will be awesome, Melee Dorfness would be great too, can't wait!

Attendance:

-Ethan (new guy from Gametraders tourny) can come, as long as he can have a lift home from one of our designated drivers, I can pick him up as he lives in the same street as me
-Kickflip probably can't come, but he gets his liscense soon, so he should be active with the Chief soon!
-Matt said he SHOULD be able to make it. May or may not bring some of his posse.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
that's good to hear, well i can pretty much pick everyone up from bus or train stations in the local area as long as it's between 1 - 3 on saturday arvo, you guys sort yourselves out for getting home (if you want) because i'm going to be getting really drunk during tourney... There hopefully should be a designated driver for people heading home that night... or people are welcome to pass out at my place, there should be enough room for 10 or so people

EDIT: Well we have like 8 mattresses so it's entirely up to you if you want to stay. There's also a trampoline outside if someone wants to sleep on that :p but yeh other than that, you can sleep on the floor tiles if you're desperate enough.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
13th of march sigh! this sounded like fun to go to. But ill be reppin QLD in the Sydney tournament for you guys. Maybe i should enter brawl and play Dorf for you guys?

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
IDEA!
Everyone knows the Bowser Challenge from Melee right?
How about the DORF Challenge for Brawl?
3 vs 1 Sea, Oldman and Ranga, friendly fire off, dorfs choice of level.
And we can record this amazingness.
Sound good???

I'm thinking we are going to need at least 1 designated driver, and Chris is out...
I'll do it if I have to...

Oh and James (Yokai) said he is most probably in, has work the next day, prolly needs a lift home.
Also, I don't even have to miss Seinfeld for this. Truly perfect.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Yeah it'd be great if we could find out who is gonna be drunk and who is driving and is gonna be sober (I'll be sober)

If absolutely everyone is drunk, wrost case scenario I drive up or I drive other ppls cars to send people wherever

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Wow Saturday sounds like it's going to be amazing. It seems SeaDORF's place has everything awesome in a small area.
Ben I challenge you to Basketball k? :p Need a bit of shooting practice though.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
Need a bit of shooting practice though.
Last time we had a smash up at seadorfs we were playing drunk shoot-out, then had a comp to see who could get a shot in from furtherest away. I ended up getting one in from the tennis net but then sea got one in a step back from the net.

Shenanigans to be had come saturday.

Top Bottom