• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More matches.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
All but Ike's were online. Also, I think I was powershielding quite well. Or at least avoiding her projectiles.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
While I was watching, I began to realize that Ganon's metagame can delve into edgeguarding much better in the future. Kalm shows lots of times where he keeps the pressure on and ensures that knocking them offstage is good for a KO (more so on the low-tier characters shown here, obviously). When you think about it, Ganon has a decent array of gimping moves. The boot of course, tipman, etc. Ganon's speed factor is buffed in edgehogging because of the WKC.

So basically, I guess I'm trying to say Ganon's should be trying to perfect their gimping game. Once Ganon has an opportunity, he needs to seize it. For example, did you know you can spike Ike out of Aether? It's easy enough (for me, on wifi) to lure them into doing a high aether. They try to suck me into the multi-hits and then I jump out of reach and spike them. I don't see much of that going on in vids I watch. Well, that's my 2 cents.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Gimping Ike out of aether isn't necessarily easy. It's possible, but good Ikes will time it.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's easy to spike him if you're on stage, otherwise it's dumb, just jump above where the apex of his Up B will reach, and dair, and it works every time. Ike is gimpable under all circumstances where he doesn't pivot his Up B if you go offstage after him, as well, and our Up B does silly things to him

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
Gimping Ike out of aether isn't necessarily easy. It's possible, but good Ikes will time it.
I'm just saying it opens up another option. If the Ike constantly does a low Aether (most likely), you might want to check out edgehogging. If he's getting offensive and starting Aether higher up, then a spike is possible. And of course this is just an example.

Edit: and what PX said, since he's more experienced than me.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
It's easy to spike him if you're on stage, otherwise it's dumb, just jump above where the apex of his Up B will reach, and dair, and it works every time. Ike is gimpable under all circumstances where he doesn't pivot his Up B if you go offstage after him, as well, and our Up B does silly things to him
In my matches against San, I didn't once attempt to spike him out of aether. I never really got the opportunity to. Wifi, yeah, but I should have been able to pick it up fast enough.

You tell me, were there opportunities which I missed in these matches? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgYz8a-Tf0w&feature=related & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2VusNUIflc#movie_player

@HomE

Smash Ace
Lol... Kalm....

That last replay vs snake... that is me

I sent that replay to you for the combo vid, the last segment when i land the Gerudo -> jab -> Gerudo -> Jab -> Uair is one of my combo's i wanted in the vid...

Sooo i guess thanks for uploading my vid, but you might want to change the name, to @Home vs Nick...

I'm glad you like my vid tho, the fact that you could confuse my vid with yours is a complement..

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Oh, wow. Are you serious? I can't believe I did that.

It was all on mistake though. Had a bunch of people sending me replays because of GBCV2. Got a bit mixed up.

@HomE

Smash Ace
Hahaha, really its fine, do you still want me to send you my replays again?

ps. The other videos are pretty sick, you should have known it wasn't you because I miss the first PS of the match XD.

The clip I wanted in the video was either from when i Tech -> Aerudo him at the end, or a couple seconds after that, after i land the first Aerudo coming back from on the stage.

TP

Smash Master
That ROB sucks....... so bad.......

I mean, he could at least try Nair every once in a while, or use ROB's insane grab game, or space at any point in the match.

Good videos ignoring that one.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
I should point out that your second video 'against Ike' is the same link as your video against Samus.

Outside of specific stuff, I do notice that you tend to sit in your shield at times, and I feel that's practically inviting your opponent to come inside and mess you up, since Ganondorf's OOS options are pathetic. Your opponents don't take advantage of this, but anyone who can jab cancel well is going to wreck you if you sit in your shield too much. Also, if you feel you're being cornered, don't hesitate to snap the ledge and plank the opponent until you think it's safe to return. It would have helped in the beginning of the ROB match, where he had you pinned at the right side of the boat.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
higher tiers please. You don't get 1900 on AiB by beating Ikes, Samus, and Falcon, so lemme see how you do that. I already know how to go to work on all of those people, I wanna see your tactics against the likes of MK, snake, DDD, etc.

San does not count btw >.>

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Your mindgames are so good that I won't bother commenting on any of it, but I will comment on a few techniqual aspects.

Vs Ike #1:

At 0:14 you seem to press the stick all the way down when you Wizkick, thus the wizkick comes out much later than if you tilt the controlstick only half way down when pressing B.
Then again, you might have deleayed the wizkick on purpose to try and catch Ike off guard?

At 1:25 you could've Uair'd (maybe even Uair-gimp) Ike and still be able to recover, I believe.

At 1:45 you could've buffered the Nair after the fullhop, so that you'd be able to DJ+Uair.

--- I'll comment on the other matches later on. ---

Top Bottom