• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[3/27/10] Next Level Lan - March Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Next Level Lan and Cecil present: March Melee

Tournament Date:

Saturday March 27th 2010

Format:
Doubles, Singles

Time:

Doubles Starts:
Noon

Singles Starts after Doubles but not earlier then 3pm

-Note For those that haven't been to a Gigabits Tournament before these are an all day affair if participating in Doubles and Singles you will probably be here from around 11am to around 11pm or later (depending on how many people show).

DISCLAIMER: there will be NO Refunds given without extreme emergency on the day of the tournament! This will run till at least 9pm, if you can't stay that late don't enter! Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on our part.

Gamer Fees:

Doubles: $10 admission per player ($20 per team)
Singles: $15 admission per player

Rules= Stock
Stock = 4
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

Both tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the semifinals and finals best 3 out of 5.

Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2
Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.

Prizes:

Singles

If below than 70 players:

1st Place 35% of Singles Admission
2nd Place 20%
3rd Place 10%
4th Place 5%

If above 70 players:
1st Place 35% of Singles Admission
2nd Place 15%
3rd Place 10%
4th Place 5 %
5th/6th 2.5%
5th/6th 2.5%

If there is a majority vote under 70 players to change the prize support to the > 70 bracket, we may change it to that. Otherwise the default is what it currently stands at.

Doubles

First Place team will receive 40% of doubles admission
Second Place team will receive 20% of doubles admission
Third Place team will receive 10% of doubles admission

Snacks and Food Available for Purchase at Next Level LAN (stock permitting)

- Pepsi Products (Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Pepsi, Teas, Juices, and more)
- Monster
- Vitamin Water
- Starbucks Frapachinos
- Chips (Lays Products)
- Candy (Lots of different Candy Bars, Airheads, etc etc)
- Moon pies, brownies, Etc.
- THERE IS A DRINKING FOUNTAIN.

Also located near our Plaza is:

Burger King
Pollo Tropical
Dunkin Doughnuts
Perkins
Taco Bell
McDonald's
Orlando Alehouse
Chinese food

Yes, you are allowed to bring outside food and drink into the store. Just dispose of it!

6947 Univeristy Blvd.
Winter Park, FL 32792
407-923-5883

NLL is in the middle of the chain of businesses with the big "X" on the banner of the store. Just check where a bunch of cars are. Parking allowed in rear (lol).

Directions: http://www.nextlevellan.com/contactus.html

Coming off 417 (toll road):

Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida, University Blvd.
Go straight down university heading for Full Sail. NLL is in the plaza on the right side of the street at the intersection of University Blvd and Forsyth Trail.

Coming off 408 (toll road):

Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida - You stay on 408 till it literally turns into Challenger Parkway. Stay on Challenger Parkway until you reach the intersection of Challenger and Alafaya Tr.

Hang a right on Alafaya Tr.

Contiune on Alafaya Tr. until you reach the intersection of University and Alafaya. Turn left here and go down University until you reach the same area described in the 408 directions.

See Next Level LAN website at www.NextLevelLAN.com

*NOTE*Next Level LAN will provide some TVs and WII systems but we will need more so we can hold friendlies and make the tournament go smoothly.

person701

Smash Journeyman
Finally, been looking for a tourney that's near. Hopefully I'll be able to show up. And a side question, if I sign up for singles, can I leave and return like an half-hour/hour before start time?

Edit: Woo, first! =)

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
If you guys REALLY need to reach me during business hours of the day, please post on the NLL thread:

http://www.nextlevellan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=401

I can respond since I have access to NLL during the day. Smashboards is blocked cause it falls under the games category =\

When I get my Nexus One though I'll be able to access it! That won't be until a few months though.

pacho

Smash Apprentice
6947 University Blvd. Winter Park, FL 32792
This is the owner of Next Level LAN.
While we are not the new Gigabits, we are honored to be compared to such an epic establishment. Next Level's goal is to fill in the void Gigabits and its crew left in Orlando. Please come out on Sat, March 27 to join the fun and help us in this endeavor.
I hope to see lots of you for this event! Come say hi when you're here, I will be next to Cecil at the front counter.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I tl;dr but oh well. I'm so fricking bored. Man Ab you need to change your avatar you not updating *******.

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Please remember to bring your setups! Last time we had 6 which was fair. Let's go for more. Also sup to those who I saw out @ megacon today

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
me and dxero 100% going, work called off and everything

team palm coast is going to **** ALL YOU *****S UP!

ive been training a new secret character for this event.... be ready

also, this is going to be dragonxero (mario)'s last tournament in fl because he's sadly moving to NY =(

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure we'll see a decent turnout to this. Remember it is spring break for a lot of schools and we remember the turnout last year.... o_O

Then again that was for Brawl. Who knows? There wasnt some NC tourney going on at the same time though so yeah. We'll see. Expect more however if you're basing the attendance off of forum posts imo.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
LOL Carlos

Did you really just come to this thread just to post that?

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
Nah. I came to this thread to post in the atlantic south boards for once. Saw ab's name and posted. : D

Zoro

Smash Champion
Sounds awesome

Thank you NLL for hosting this tournament
I hope it goes well

Is this the first melee tournament at NLL?

Zoro

Smash Champion
tx zoro. yes it's our maiden melee. it should be good times. are you coming?
Yeah i will unless I work but since i haven't found a job yet i'm pretty sure i'll make it :laugh:
I went to all but 2 or 3 of the gigabits melee tournaments, gigabits 1 was my first tourney ever, so im pretty excited about this

I hope Cecil is running the tournament, that dude is a beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom