• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ally Q/A ‘‘

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Ask and I'll answer.

Here's a few things I think that are worth using.

1. Intentionally tech an attack on the floor (ex: MK's dthrow. If MK dthrows you and starts chasing after you while you're in the air and about to hit the ground, tech it, you will be in tech's invinsible phase and if the MK tries to grab you or attack you, it's an opportunity to ftilt or grab)

3:00 - 3:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqb1I8klkX8

1:47-1:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5hPlB9kayM&feature=related

2. Reverse grenade kamikaze survival situation:

if you're in dying % and holding a ledge. jump and reverse with a nade. What will happen is

you will either survive thanks to the grenade's staled knockback

2. or just die lol.

I'll post vids for both situation soon.

Also if MK nados on you until it stops (like in this video at the beginning), DAIR is your best choice.
0:10-0:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA0KTCcrbhE

If it's something totally revolutionary, new thread.
If you feel it's super important, new thread.
If you really want people to notice it, new thread.

If not, do like the rest of smashboards does, post anywhere xD

napZzz

Smash Hero
w00t

and you can post in any thread you find legit that you could post something helpful in. Like matchups, tech/tricks sort of threads, and even in the social if you'd like to talk with the other snakes or let them know whats good.

If you find anything that you'd like to share with the other snakes feel free to make a thread about it :p

etecoon

Smash Hero
the first step to being better at aggressive play is picking a character not named snake

any character not named snake

this is less of a troll post than it looks like, I'm serious <_<

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
Will you post vids of yourself playing a good Kirby and not getting grabbed? Thanks.

Underload

Lazy
Ally, we're totally lax about new threads and stuff here. Unless it's something like "grenades blow up", just make a new thread about it. It'll be the easiest to notice that way.

Wouldn't it be funny if Ally was just playing us for fools? :laugh:

But, he would never do that, he's a canadian. They are too nice to do that sort of thing. :D

Want a cookie?

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Ally, we're totally lax about new threads and stuff here. Unless it's something like "grenades blow up", just make a new thread about it. It'll be the easiest to notice that way.
Yess, make a new thread.

Wouldn't it be funny if Ally was just playing us for fools? :laugh:

But, he would never do that, he's a canadian. They are too nice to do that sort of thing. :D

Want a cookie?
That'd be gay! Hope Ally isn't doing that.

I'm not, give me some mins
It's $1.00 and an additional $0.15 for each extra minute ;)

Oh yeah, Ally play me again like we did on AiB. You are one of the few who actually used wifi. Or did you still abandon it entirely still?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i have a question. i heard the other day that m2k timed you out at pound 4. since then, have you changed your mindset of the mk mu?

basically i ask because this happened to me last weekend. my basic approach to the mu has been to pressure mk into either taking damage from explosions or trading damage; snake is vulnerable to gimping at low percents, but if he gets passed them, he should live for a long time, and mk will die a lot sooner. put simply, i try to trade damage until mk hits about 110%, at which point i pressure into an utilt. but if mk tries to time you out, this little strategy doesnt work anymore.

ive already though of some new nade tricks and stuff to try and minimise the chance of this happening again, but i wanted to ask, how do you approach this situation?

napZzz

Smash Hero
whats the best way to deal with a falco who just camps you and runs around the whole match? its one of the things I have alot of difficulty with. I dont like blowing myself up to avoid cg-spike (which I dont understand how to tech/avoid being sent offstage) because being at a disadvantage lets them just camp me and I cant crouch under ****. and crouching when the match starts never seems to work for me, idk. ITs something I just cant figure out for some reason

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Ally do you still want your glasses case back? Its been sitting on my table for like months now.

napZzz

Smash Hero
u should watch ally's vids if u need matchup experience. he recently had a set with dehf that was intense.
I have but I still dont really understand it. I'd rather hear what he has to say about my question in specific :|

Ask and I'll answer.

Here's a few things I think that are worth using.

1. Intentionally tech an attack on the floor (ex: MK's dthrow. If MK dthrows you and starts chasing after you while you're in the air and about to hit the ground, tech it, you will be in tech's invinsible phase and if the MK tries to grab you or attack you, it's an opportunity to ftilt or grab)

2. Reverse grenade kamikaze survival situation:

if you're in dying % and holding a ledge. jump and reverse with a nade.
MK dthrow thing isn't too new. Actually, some MKs are getting smarter about it and using tornado to the moment they see you do this. Tornado is a great tech chase follower.

Yume started taking a trick out of your book and did this to me a lot with the ledge nade. I'm still working on getting it down.

eff this this is now the Ally thread.
You have any idea the sort of random **** you'll be getting from people?

Ally how do I get a gf thats as pretty as yours?
My point proven about what I was saying Ally >_>

Ally do you still want your glasses case back? Its been sitting on my table for like months now.
Hmm... This is a legit question.

What the **** is this?
I have no idea Serin, I have no idea. I just hope it turns out alright.

i dont get the reverse nade off the ledge part
1) Snake is hanging from the ledge
2) You let go form the ledge
3) Snake 2nd jumps
4) Snake does a grenade reversal in his jump
5) With Snake now facing away from the stage you influence Snake with the control stick back on stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzd0KIVMbLU

Attempt starting at 0:57-0:59 It failed to land on the stage, but it is possible when done right. But that is what he is talking about.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Hey Ally my name is DEHF and I would like to ask you a question.

Who do you think is hotter Me, Mew2King, or ADHD?

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
What about Chu Dat lol

Anyway.

How do you deal with Olimar? I'm kinda scared of him.

And on out of sheild thingies.

There is grab, Ftilt, Utilt, Dair, Jab, and is that all?

Anything else worth using out of shield? Would be awesome if there was some way to use Cypher as a

quick getaway, like predict a weak attack and use the super armor to escape lolz. Anyway. Thanks.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i have a question. i heard the other day that m2k timed you out at pound 4. since then, have you changed your mindset of the mk mu?

basically i ask because this happened to me last weekend. my basic approach to the mu has been to pressure mk into either taking damage from explosions or trading damage; snake is vulnerable to gimping at low percents, but if he gets passed them, he should live for a long time, and mk will die a lot sooner. put simply, i try to trade damage until mk hits about 110%, at which point i pressure into an utilt. but if mk tries to time you out, this little strategy doesnt work anymore.

ive already though of some new nade tricks and stuff to try and minimise the chance of this happening again, but i wanted to ask, how do you approach this situation?
response to this would be greatly appreciated.

also, this should be the 'ask ally' thread. it flows much better.

Hmmmmm....................

I also get timed by some MKs like only once since I had a hard time getting the kill. The MK is too fast >.<

Yeah, I suffer the same so I need a solution >.>

etecoon

Smash Hero
I noticed in the VC7 vids that you still get juggled with tornado a lot, did you know that you can footstool the tornado pretty easily? just mash jump!

and LOL stingers : D

RATED

Smash Lord
oh man so many to answer ill have answers soon enough
is ok, u can take ur time. :)

I have a question too:

can I use Snake's Dair if I predict DDD airdodging to the "floor or stage" when he doesnt have any of his jumps left? so that I can hit him like if I were to grab him in that kind of situation.

the real question is that if that dair would work to get a kill ? since they would be evading Snake Uptilt most of the time or Snake Bair

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Ally how do I get a gf thats as pretty as yours?
LOL

you've obviously never seen her before, shes... *shudders* I cant even bare to try and remember...

to give you a serious answer to that question (Even though I'm not ally) go date a man or a ******.

oi attlia, dont be letting earl time you out, next time I come down to melbourne we'll have some anti mk training sesh going on, I'm sure we can help each other out.

Top Bottom