• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

<3 the Snake boards. (critique plz.)

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
First of all, I've improved a lot since this tourney.
So I went to my third tourney about 3 weeks ago. I count it as my "first" because it my first tourney in which I was very knowledgeable compared to the first 2.
I went mostly Snake. I would've liked to play ROB....but I went against 2 MKs. (I play Snake in the MK MU)

This being my third tourney.........the 2 MKs I fought were Omniostrich and some other guy. Omni was the very first MK I ever fought.

So let me get to the point. Critique my Snake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMJurBUbRNY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXQ39l0ioPU

(Match #1 was not recorded because I forgot to record it. >.>) Omni wins it.

Some things I already know are:
-Use wavebounce more/not get juggled that often.
-Work on grenade game.

Every little detail helps. So please go into detail.

Please critique this for me.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
You tend to roll a lot when pressured. try not to use ftilt2 if it isn't going to connect.

Work on your SDI as well.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I watched the first one. I am currently cooking my dinner. I will watch the second one afterwards.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Oh wow Omniostrich <3. Ben's such a great kid, he's the guy who gave me a ride back from my 1st tourney lol.
Hope I get into NCSU this summer so I can meet him and others again.

But as for your Snake,

I watched the second game.

You should try to pressure him more, I notice once when you had him near the ledge you just backed off, you just lost a good opportunity right there.

And as Sinz said less rolling.

First stock you were on the platforms way too much, you want to land on the ground asap, esp against mk, but mix up ur landing so u dont get predictable.

You should work on getting better stage control, you stay too close to the ledge alot, thats really bad considering how bad snake gets wrecked offstage, make an effort to get to the middle of the stage.

You lost ur 2nd stock because u were too close to the ledge, also, u shouldnt have ad from ur cypher there, cuz u would have died even if he didnt hit you. You should keep on going up and release when you know you can land on the stage, and hold up while at it to DI his attacks, had he upb you would have lived with good DI.

Speaking of DI, yours is pretty bad honestly, learn to hold up whenever you think you will get hit (at dying percents of course). Maybe you should also turn tap jump off so you can just hold up all the time, thats what I do lol.

Limeee

Smash Champion
walking around with grenades and then shield grabbing is a solid strategy.

less rolls and more stage control as the others said.

work on your grab game, d throw should be one of your most used moves.

sometimes just throwing out ftilt as if it were an aerial or whatever works

Top Bottom