• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legends Tournament 1v1 Augusta, GA 05/15/10

DigtalCracHead

Smash Cadet
NEW DATE: May 15, 2010

Place:
The Tournament Center

Time:
Noon

Entry :
$5.00 Door Fee
$15.00 Entry Fee

Prize:
1st %70 of Entry Fee
2nd %20 of Entry Fee
3rd %10 of Entry Fee

Rules:
-- Best 2/3 (Finals 3/5)
-- 3 stock
-- 7:00 Time Limit
-- Ties broken by lives, then percentage.
-- Double Elimination (Unless entrants exceed 64, in which we WILL do pools to bracket)
-- First Stage is either agreed upon or random (Neutrals) after the initial selection of characters.
-- Stage Strike: Each person strikes one stage for the entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-- Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be picked twice if the choosing player has already won on that stage.
-- Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random.
-- Items OFF
-- Final Smashes OFF
-- 5 Neutrals: Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Yoshi's Story
--14 Counterpick stages: Battleship Halberd, Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Electroplankton, Frigate Orpheon, Green Greens, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Norfair, Pirate Ship, Pokemon Stadium 1, Pokemon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise
-- NO Refunds

BYOC: Bring Your Own Controller; TC will Not Provide many....So Please bring your own controller, Also No Modded controllers and No Macro button controllers...

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Same day as Auburn tourney :/

More then likely not coming to this, but post up the next one earlier and I'll plan ahead.

TheTrueLombardi

Smash Cadet
I believe there is 3 alongside I that is not mentioned. CaptN feathers, SonicMastr, and Fratos the Mercenary. Some on Allisbrawl as well. Seems we may get a good bit of folks here.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
If you guys want to get out of staters, you need to do both Teams and Singles. I'll be at the Auburn tournament for this particular date, but for the future, i wouldn't drive 4 hours for a singles only tournament.

DigtalCracHead

Smash Cadet
New Date: May 15, 2010

After the 1v1 we will be having a FFA and a 2v2.

$5.00 entry each

Winner take all (unless everyone wants a split)

TheTrueLombardi

Smash Cadet
Okay. Lets get some kind of title to this as well if we may. On this site and allisbrawl, it is not classified as a brawl tournament. Smashboards have a new feature that helps catch the eye where you can classify the tourny as brawl, melee or both. It will illuminate the posting in a bright color. Also, if you put a title it may help. For example right now there is no classification and it just says SSB Brawl 1v1 Tourny. Let's classify it as brawl and add a title like Augusta's Finest or Legends of the South. (Thats just an example not saying that what it should be) That way its like someone looking through the site and say, hmmm let me see what this is about (since the title stands out) And if the tourny turns out great, then we can keep the name and make another called "Legends of the South 2" (For example). Then when people see it, it will give them an idea of who may be there and help them remember the hype and excitement of the previous tourny. Im glad the date was moved however, and I will try and get more people to come.

We could throw a small incentive to get us some attention. Nothing too big though. Like 2000 wii points for first in addition to pot winnings. I can pitch half to the cost for the points too which is like 10 dollars.

BTW, here is the link to the updated rules that is used by MLG. You'll have to scroll down a bit.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267437

TheTrueLombardi

Smash Cadet
Seems TC dont ever get on unless it thurs,frid,sat,sun which are there open days lol. It should get updated soon though.

DigtalCracHead

Smash Cadet
I will add the 2k Wii points! Good idea!

I think it will be epic as usual. The stream will be nice. Done some testing and we got it straight.

TheTrueLombardi

Smash Cadet
Well we do play melee but it's a brawl tourny. If we had more time they probably could add it to make it a brawl and melee tourny. If this one turns out good. Ill see if we can throw another one in a month or so. They told me its fine to setup monthlies. However, we need to get people to visit here first. That way if they like the setup, We can get something cracking. But melee will be there, just not a tourny for it I'm guessing. However, if people want to go melee, then they'll throw one. Btw, I thing doubles should be 10 per team. Since its less teams than in singles, their wont be much of a pot if everyone wants a split. 5 is fine for winner takes all I guess. Still waiiting on TC the heading for this tourny and the classification. Hopefully they do it so more people will notice the tourny.

TheTrueLombardi

Smash Cadet
Looks better now that they changed it in the thread. Now they just need to do the updated rules and change the title in the tournament listings thread. However, they dont have to change the title in the tournament listings thread if they dont want. I just thought it would help out since alot of people look through that forum for tournys.

xExile

Smash Cadet
Me and some of my friends are planning to go to this. Hope there is a large turnout for this since we'll be driving about 2-3 hours for it.

TheTrueLombardi

Smash Cadet
Seems that it is gonna be pretty big. All I hear is more and more are coming. Im excited. I hope u guys really do come Exile.

DigtalCracHead

Smash Cadet
I think it will big a great Tournament. The bigger the better. We are trying to get some local sponsorship but they are hesitant. They don't think that people will travel like we say. Lets prove them wrong. See you guys soon.

Top Bottom