• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting Under The Armour - Samus Interview Thread (Cherry64 Questions)

PM ME YOUR QUESTIONS. DON'T POST THEM HERE.

Introduction

Hello my fellow Samus mains, and welcome to another thread, spawned from suggestions made by, infact, our fellow players. The Samus Interiew Thread. In this thread I myself will be interviewing the featured Samus player of the current discussion and he/she will have the chance to answer some of your frequently asked questions. Some of the questions will be from myself, you guys and perhaps some information the actual candidate would like to answer for. Once you register yourself for the interview process, you are guaranteed an interview at some point or another, the voting process is just to see who gets to get the interview for this week.

When the candidate for the interview is chosen, we as a community can gather some questions during the space of 3 DAYS, this should be more then enough time for us to get plenty of questions in. The voting process will last 2 DAYS, this is a total of 5 days for the gathering of information and voting and obviously the 2 DAYS for voting. The interview will be conducted once this information has been posted.

Requirements

Although many of you may want your chance to be interviewed, you must note that your not guaranteed a position for an interview, on a week YOU want. Tt is the community who decide who shall be interviewed and when, here are the following requirements to be considered for an interview:

1) You must be a Samus main, this means that you can say you play Samus at a competitive level, you use this character the most, and last and most importantly, you have no intention of giving her up. So yeah, a lot of you are striked out on this one.

2) You must have a form of instant messaging service. Although I have a very large majority of you added on MSN/Skype/AIM, those of you who don't have one would need to give me your contact information.

3) Finally, you must be ACTIVE. I've seen to many cases where interviews have been arranged but the candidate has not actually shown up.

Registration

Okay, now, to register for the interview process, you must simply post your details in this thread, with the following format:

Smash Name:
Real Name (First):
IM (If I don't have you already):

How To Vote

To vote, you simply have to post your nomination in the following format:

Smash name of the person you want to vote:
Why you want that person to be interview:

A short paragraph for the second statement would be fine.

Current Candidate

Cherry64

Waiting List (Registered)

1) ZeroL
Kevin

Past Interviews

NO-IDea

Tudor

Xyro

KillerJawz

Registration is open permanently, and you only have to register once.

lolxyro. Voting for yourself = nono.

@demonictl, stop failing at life and get out of this thread.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
I think he was merely registering himself, not voting.

NO-IDea
David
buildav

Vote:
n00b
Because his style is the most entertaining to watch.

Ah okay, I should specify that, apologies Xyro. Yourself and Noid have both been registered.

I was not clear with the rules guys, the only people who can be interviewed are the ones that actually registered, once you register yourself for the interview process, you are guaranteed an interview at some point or another, the voting process is just to see who gets to get the interview for this week.

The rules have been modified for an easier understanding. We are able to vote for this weeks candidate until SATURDAY, Xyro, Noid and Myself are currently the only people who can be voted for, so I advice we all wait until more candidates come flocking in, I personally will try to gather some well known Samus mains to join in.

For example, I just registered myself, I am now elidgeable to be voted for, as are Noid and Xyro. Tudor and n00b have not registered, and therefore, cannot be voted for.

Edit 1: My vote goes for NO-IDea, regardless of who comes up, I want him done lol. He's one of the most intelligent smashers I've ever seen.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Thanks for the vote but I don't consider myself active, especially on Brawl.

May I suggest that you either remove or censor contact information like emails to avoid potential spam or misuse of the email?

Thanks for the vote but I don't consider myself active, especially on Brawl.

May I suggest that you either remove or censor contact information like emails to avoid potential spam or misuse of the email?
Thanks for the suggestion, it's been done.

Since NOID and Xyro did not edit their votes, the only two valid votes, which were for NOID have been counted, he is therefore, the first interview subject. We shall now think of questions we want to ask NOID. There must be a minimum of 6 questions, and a maximum of 10. Have funnn.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Thanks for the suggestion, it's been done.

Since NOID and Xyro did not edit their votes, the only two valid votes, which were for NOID have been counted, he is therefore, the first interview subject. We shall now think of questions we want to ask NOID. There must be a minimum of 6 questions, and a maximum of 10. Have funnn.
NO OFFENSE but in order to make this topic interesting i think its best we PM you the questions. I say this because if we post them here he will already KNOW whats comin his way. REAL interviews dont tell you the questions AHEAD of time...its a "on the spot" kind of thing.

2ndly, MAXIMUM of 10 questions? Check out the interview threads for other players and you will see that 10 is............low. 15+ imo is good but this is your thread so u do what you feel is right.

NO OFFENSE but in order to make this topic interesting i think its best we PM you the questions. I say this because if we post them here he will already KNOW whats comin his way. REAL interviews dont tell you the questions AHEAD of time...its a "on the spot" kind of thing.

2ndly, MAXIMUM of 10 questions? Check out the interview threads for other players and you will see that 10 is............low. 15+ imo is good but this is your thread so u do what you feel is right.
Yes, PMing the questions is a splendid idea, good call.

Secondly, this is the SAMUS boards, we ain't getting 10 questions realisticly, thats why I set the boundary so low, I'll stick with 10 for now, and see if we get any more questions which are deemed viable.

So yeah guys, PRIVATE MESSAGE ME YOUR QUESTIONS FOR NO-IDEA.

Ok, I will begin the interview with NO-IDea tonight (if he is on) and then post the interview in the OP, we shall then begin the next voting process.

Do not send me any more questions for NO-IDea, I have seen the questions submitted so far and will add the ones deemed fit for the interview.

Interview with: NO-IDea (David), Questions are in Cyan, his Answers are standard colour.

I say: So, David, or Noid whichever you prefer, why did you actually choose the name NO-IDea? When you know **** well thats a lie ;o

Haha, most people in my region call me "noid" by now. Unless you're part of the crew I'm in, "First Name Basis," in which it's David. NO-IDea actually comes from a mix of letters from my old full name. I was thinking of calling myself VOID, but then went on to use "N" instead of "V," and I figured I could be clever whenever someone asked my smash alias, so then it turned into "No Idea!"

I say: Wow ;o, I actually thought it would just be really ironic lol. Ah well, moving along. So the question which came up quite a few times, is well.... Why did you choose Samus as your main character?

Ah, Samus. To be honest, my first character when picking up the game was Lucario. In fact, Lucario I had planned to make my main for Brawl, simply because of how stupid his roll and aura was. Except, during my freshman year, my RA had brought Smash 64 and eventually our whole floor got together to play it. I got to advanced level fairly quickly with Samus, despite how low tier she is and how hard it is to string combos (even in 64, her combo potential is lack-luster compared to the rest of the cast.) I really liked her d-air and b-air in 64 too. From there, I transferred my skills from 64 into Brawl. I acknowledge that Samus is low tier, but it by no means stops me from playing her

I say: Beautifully put ;o, Samus 64 is a real joke compared to what we have now haha. As we both know, Samus has a REAL tough time KOing her opponents, how do you get around this? Or do you just find otherways to kill such as gimping?

Well, for starters, the only MU I really on using d-tilt for kills is against MK. This is because it's usually a guaranteed kill around 125%-ish, and MK has no huge punishment on Samus. MK can't kill, and it's hard for MK to combo off of his d-throw on Samus.

Otherwise, I get most of my kills from punishing. Even if I have the percent lead, you won't see me trying to land the finishing blow. Probably my best kill move is charge shot, simply because I can read when people drop shields or air dodge. F-smash is great to chain off of u-air, but I prefer to take risks only when trying to amp up combo damage, not to kill. Therefore, you won't be seeing FF u-air as a kill set-up either. You may see me trying FF u-air->d-smash early game though. I'm weird like that.

Do I gimp often? Hell yes, probably once every set I've ever played competitively. Her off-stage potential is amazing. Although, only recently, I've been getting gimps by stage-spiking first with b-air or charge shot, then spiking their botched recovery or wall-tech. It works really well.

I say: That was spoken like a real Samus player, seriously well put, and im glad you know the wonders of FF uair to dsmash, it's so beautiful ^^. Your like the only Samus who loves himself a bit of MK haha. Backtracking a little here, how did you actually get into Smash in general?

Into Smash? Back when I was eight, my older cousin (he was like 16) had an N64 and Smash bros. I was so good with Pikachu and just loved the fighting mechanics of Smash. I quickly got myself a 64 and picked up Smash. I remember hearing the rumor of how to unlock Raichu (beating normal mode very hard with no continues) and I finally accomplished it, only to find out the rumor wasn't true. =/

The Melee scene I never took part of, because I took a hiatus from trying to play competitively for academic reasons, but I came back for Brawl after I tried it out at Otakon. And here I am, entering tournies when I have the money and time.

I say: Haha! I remember that rumour, **** that one was particularly frustrating however xD. How do you personally feel about Samus' current tier list position? Many of us Samus mains as you probably know have mixed opinions on this neutral movement for two lists straight

Ah, well I blame the inactivity of our best Samus mains, including myself. I feel she can achieve mid tier position easily. However, it's a misconception to think that Samus should be compared to the low tier alone. Yes, Samus can **** nearly all of low tier, but nearly all of low tier have better MUs against high tier than Samus.

If we want her to move up, we need to think of new ways to combat higher tiers, and this isn't MK exclusive. This refers to our MU against Snake, Falco, Marth, Diddy and ICs. If we work on these, we could easily see Samus going up the tier list.

If this is to happen, I think videos are the best way to improve both morale and skill level of our Samus community. We can learn what to do and what not to do. But, we must also ensure the opponents are of high level and are playing for something at stake. These two variables make a huge difference. It's a project I plan to undertake this summer, a compliation of Samus MU videos I mean.

I say: If you was here right now, I would actually hug you. LISTEN TO THIS GUY, THE REVOLUTION OF SAMUS HAS BEGUN. Ah sorry about that rofl. Do you play any other games besides Smash? Not just competitvly, but in general aswell

Not anymore unfortunately. I don't own any other third generation console. I might consider playing RPGs again. I was big on the Final Fantasy series and any good RPG in general. Except they take a lot of time, something I can't really afford these days. Haha.

I do play a lot of HoN though. It's basically a stand-alone version of DotA. But even the time spent on that game has gone down drastically over the past couple months. What can I say, I'm growing up! lol But I don't plan to ever leave the smash community. Breaks here and there, but how could I leave a game I love?

I say: And here I was thinking you'd be one of those 'amazing at every fighting game' guys. Silly me. Never quit smash ever. Otherwise I will be forced to eat you :3. Speaking of eating, are you the sort of guy who lives on takeaways? Or is keeping in top shape to **** some smashers more your thing?

Haha, well first off, I was amazing at Tekken 5 and MvC2. And any Nintendo mutliplayer game. But that was a long time ago.

Actually, I don't watch what I eat at all. As long as I eat enough and it's a variety, I'd like to think it's healthy. Therefore, I don't hesitate to get take out when with friends, or during tournaments especially.

But, exercise is a very important thing! It promotes a better lifestyle, helps improve memory, self-confidence, gets with the ladies, all of that jazz. It doesn't mean you have to be bulky, but you've got to show the girl that you're in shape and not lazy at home doing nothing. Besides, from my experience, the cutest and hottest girls I've ever met preferred the lean types. So don't give up gamers! lol

I did 10 years of martial arts, then took a break when I started college. That too, I will be restarting this summer. I can't stray from the things I love for so long after all =P. I also used to be a certified lifeguard, and still swim 500s every now and then. I don't really do weights though. Resistance training my thing. xD

I say: Wow O_O, I wouldn't want to make you angry ;o. inb4impunchedforwastingyourtime heh. A few randoms to throw at you now. What is your favourite colour? Do you plan to come to London to give me some Samus ****? Do you have any infractions? WHY DON'T YOU MAIN GANON?

Favorite color? Probably blue, like the sky and the water. I'm also a huge sucker for girls with blue eyes (well, pretty eyes in general.) How typical, but there's a reason why so many people like it! Black and white tie for second.

Do I plan to go to London? One day I do! That's very far into the future though =/. You should come by for Pound next year! It's probably the biggest international smash event we have, since it covers both Melee and Brawl.

I don't have any infractions luckily. I figure as long as I stay on topic in threads, or don't act too vulgar when I troll (I do troll sometimes) then mods won't get angry.

Why don't I main Ganondorf? I have a pet peeve for characters that have abysmal jumps. It's why I still haven't picked up Snake after considering him for like forever.

I say: Okay well that pretty much sums up all of our questions, just one final one, 34 or 69?

My answer? I'm too perverted and over-analytical to give you one.

I say: HEH. Well thanks for your time noid. Is there anything you'd like to say before we end?

Just a shout out to all the Samus mains out there. If you're having fun, don't drop her! Win or lose, make sure you have fun first! You don't want to be like some of the miserable players out there who hate playing their main (MK-users.)

I say: LOL good stuff Noid, good stuff, well, I hope you have a good night. Goodbye ^^.

Good night! Thanks for listening!

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
Wow, NO-IDea sounds like a champion.

You're going on my "smashers i would hang out with even if we didn't play smash list." ^^

Muz

Smash Apprentice
That was a good read, thanks for posting that interview KJ and Noid. I agree with you that we need more videos of our toughest matchups in the high tiers before we see some change. Oh and I just started to play some HoN, its funny that you mentioned that, although I'm terrible at it still. I was happy to read that you don't let games mess up your academics, and you keep in shape, so many brawlers neglect these most important things. keep it up!

For the next interview, my vote is for Tudor

Well, it looks like with 4 votes, Tudor will be the next candidate ^^.

Everybody, send me your questions for Tudor in via Personal Message (PM). You have a few days to do this.

Okay we have plenty of questions ready, Now I just need to conduct the interview (in other words, wait for Tudor to get online).

Xyro77

i would PM him on here and on AIB. he will answer and yall can set up a time.

Yes, Xyro is correct a PM would be excellent to tell me when to get online ^^
I've been kicked out of my computer room for a while and the laptop I had to use cannot actually send PMs, VMs or any other private messaging system. I cant even use AIM on the **** thing x.x

Im back now anyway. I'll get this interview done asap.

Everybody, I present to you, an interview with the most insperational Samus player ever. Tudor.

Okay well firstly, thanks for taking the time out to do this interview Tudor ^^, I understand your busy and whatnot.

Tudor: haha i really appreciate you give me the opportunity! I'm not that busy ^^

Heh, well you were the person the community wanted to be interviewed most, so I suppose we're all getting some sort of satisfaction from this ^^. Okay, I would really like to know, why did you choose the name Tudor? Where did it actually originate from?

Tudor: This is gonna be pretty lame, but that's the name I was given at birth by my parents when I was born in Romania. When I was 8 and came to America my parents asked me if I wanted to change my name to Nick since it was my middle name so that other kids wouldn't make fun of me. I told them no cause i though it was sick and I use it as my gamer tag because most people can't tell it's my real name and I like my name a lot. I always get people telling me "Tudor you're so cool and we know so much about each other but I never knew your real name" from people I've known for years, it's awesome!

That is actually a really interesting backstory, I had NO idea (lol) that your name was actually Tudor!. What an amazing gift O_O, your so lucky xD.Okay, this is probably no shock to you, but community is just DYING to know this one. Do you still play Samus in Brawl? Or Brawl at all for that matter?

Tudor: Haha i just got done playing for 3 hours and i'm at school with a full day of classes, so does that answer your question? I only play Samus in Brawl and always will. I do occasionally play Falcon when people tell me Samus is way too OP and they don't wanna play anymore. It's really funny, all I do is knee them till they say they are sorry ^^

LOL. Oh wow, you've set the community's mind at rest with that one. Our godly Tudor is still here :3. Well, my fanboyish side aside, alot of the community really looked up to you as an inspiration to pick up Samus, including myself, so we all want to thank you for that, but we also wonder, why Samus? Why do you only want to play her, as opposed to a decent character like Marth or Metaknight?

Tudor: I love the community so much you guys really make me feel special and i'm so happy to hear I inspired people to pick up Samus and have fun with her. Seriously that means a lot to me cause that's all i wanted! Yippe! Well I picked Samus because it was a challenge and it had to be all original. No looking up other people's vids and copying them like I did in melee. No, not a lot of people wanted to play Samus and I wanted to show them she deserves to be played. If I really cared about winning I would have picked a better character a long time ago. I don't necessarily want to win (although that's the outcome most of the time because people don't know the Samus match up), I wanted to blow people's minds. It's much more satisfying to me to make people awe and want to do better with Samus than win using the best characters and any tactics necessary.

Tudor, that was amazing. It's really refreshing to see such a nice approach to playing Samus as opposed to the doom and gloom we get back on the boards, I think I respect you even more now ^^. Whilst you have been playing Samus, in your experience, who has been your personal worst matchup?

Tudor: Well a lot of it depends on the player honestly. There's never been a time that I see which character they choose and i though "****, i'm done." For example, some marths destroy me and others don't stand a chance. It's such a tough question for me because there are so many factors to take into account. I do find I have a hard time against metaknight who nairs me while I play on the ledge, and i love the ledge. But i also destroy metaknights sometimes. I guess the hardest matchup for me is probably a ridiculously good player or a ridiculously ****ty one, no matter what character. But if you must have a character I would probably say MK.

That's a fair stance on things, and you make some really valid points. Nair from MK is definatly a really terrible thing, especially for us :3. Do you have any current plans to advance Samus' metagame? Such as some research perhaps?

Tudor: Well I have been advancing it to some extent, i've also found some stupid useless stuff (like I usually do). I would love to help the boards a lot more and I kinda feel bad that I am not. However I do think you guys are doing a good job and don't need me! You guys got this! I'm always welcome to questions or whatever I just don't like mindless bickering and if you disagree with me then that's totally cool, just let me dissagree with you too! Unfortunately this point in my life is critical and I don't have as much time to help as I would like, I need to prepare for my MCAT so that I can get into Medical School and continue helping people in the future. But I do try my best if people want it.

I understand where your coming from, and its completely appropriate to act like that. We would like to have you back, but real life > smash I guess lol. Ah well, good to see your still helping out though. As of this very moment, what has been your highest tournament placing? And your lowest if you don't mind saying?

Tudor: Well I've gotten 1st place in singles and doubles and ummm I don't know about my worst but I try to forget the worst, I've never been double eliminated (that would take a really bad or unlucky day). These tourney's weren't exactly huge however (30-50 people) and I think my usual placing is around 30th in really big tourney's, so nothing really impressive unfortunately. I drive to every OS tourney I have ever been to and end up falling asleep before or even during my matches, but no johns!!!

Haha!! Good stuff man ^^. No johns indeed, but then again, im sure it's happened to most of us. Do you have any plans to enter any big tournaments coming up? Apex for example?

Tudor: Honestly, no. Not really =/

Aww thats a shame, well just keep playing Samus and we'll stay happy (hopefully some new footage? :3).

Tudor: haha, should i put up new footage...?

Of course!!!!, We would all love that, im sure. Anyway, now that you have successfully made 90% of Samus players **** their pants, do you have any other hobbies apart from Smash?

Tudor: Well good thing all Samus players wear a condom at all times (it's a necessity)!!! I have a lot of hobbies actually, I even consider my multiple jobs hobbies! I do graphic design, IT, and math tutoring. I also have been playing Footbag and humans vs zombies. They are especially fun because I get to mod stuff for it (my shoes and Nerf guns respectively). I also do a lot of flash animation on the side and have been learning to code Actionscript 3.0 better. Other things i enjoy that I don't do as often as I like are; sports (especially soccer), rock climbing, freerunning, parkour, paintball, snowboarding, and probably some stuff I forgot. Pretty much I get bored pretty easily so I do stuff. I especially like making my computer amazingly awesome and anime aswell

Wow O_O, you live a really exhilirating life my friend ;o. Im glad that your a Samus main with other talents besides Brawl lol!. Computers are always good :3. A couple of random questions to throw at you now. Why did you pick the orange/varia suit?

Tudor: Cause that's her original color when I move my cursor to Samus and i'm too exited to start playing to change the color!

LOL. Epic reasoning xD. What sort of music do you like?

Tudor: i like almost everything! Country not so much but taylor swift is legit. It honestly doesn't take too much to make me happy!

Heh, that's awesome ^^. Who do you think would win in a shootout, Megaman or Samus?

Tudor: ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. MegaSamus?

You have just broken the laws of physics, I am in awe. What sort of animes do you like? Names if available? Im always scouring for new ones :3

Tudor: Haha I wouldn't be the best person to ask for anime advice, I watch anything people show me and right now I'm hooked on bleach (just started a week ago) but I've been watching it with my girlfriend Camille so it's impossible to watch 100 episodes in a row, like I would like! lol. I like deathnote and I watched fullmetal when i was younger and though it was sick! So i'm like, nothing special when it comes to that aspect :)

Heh, well you still have good taste, so thats pretty impressive ^^. One final question before we end the interview. 34 or 69?

Tudor: Can i take the average? Cause 56.5 in your phone pad is "lol", and i'd like to end on that note =P

Haha!!! Good stuff Tudor, seriously good stuff. Is there anything you'd like to say before we're finished?

Tudor: Dude these boards have made me more famous than I should be so I owe it all to you guys, thanks <3. I would also like to say that this interview was hella fun and I really appreciate you taking the time to do this. You're awesome, clearly you are a Samus main because awesome = us Samus mains.

You are seriously to kind Tudor, thank you to, your an awesome person, and I hope everything works out great for you. Thanks again, bai bai :3.

Guys this is the part where you vote for the next candidate. Xyro gets my vote.

Xyro77

I am an open book and not afraid to answer any questions. Send them to KJ asap

Im not registered Desu xD, thanks anyway though <3.

Okay, looks like Xyro's going to be our 3rd candidate, get your questions ready for this Green Lesbian.

Guys I need some more questions, come on, there must be something you want to ask the
terrible
almighty and wonderful Xyro.

Top Bottom