• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CSS Organizer 2.0

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
Seeing as the original CSS Organizer thread isn't exactly project friendly, I think it's about time I gave it a more authentic one. Not only that, but to commemorate the occasion, let's release the CSS Organizer 2.0 while we're at it. Information is V that way V

Downloads:
CSS Organizer 2.0

Change log:
v2.0
-Now uses Kryal's BrawlLib
-Loads CSPs from sc_Selcharacter.pac
-Supports rotation and scaling of individual items.
-Supports adjustable grid size.

v1.0
-Initial release

Bugs:
-Much of the data that was discarded with the original version remain in 2.0. That being said, the file will suffer from sizing issues after modifying it. To solve this, open the file in BrawlBox and navigate to MiscData[30]->3DModels->MenSelchrPos_TopN and remove all frames except the one with your customized CSS on it. Then pad back up to 51 frames. This will remove any excess keyframes and make it small enough for use.
-Rotation is not supported in the display.

Notes
-The CSPs that you set to each box do not affect the outcome of the CSS - they are only there for visual aid.
-The layout that you decide is the layout that will get used for the corresponding number of icons. That being said, if you decide to change the number of icons in your CSS you'll have to find a way to transfer the positions over to the new layout (use BrawlBox)
-While rotation is possible, it seems to have a few diverse effects on the selection square for that icon.
-If your custom CSS happens to have icons on the lower half of the screen (where the selection boxes are) or has the selection boxes in the upper half of the screen, you will need to have the CSS Fix code enabled. It's a bit dated and it has a bug in it that you can't disable a player unless you unplug the controller connected to it. I'll try and update it soon.

Codes
Code:
CSS Fix:
046A0C68 C2000000
0469DC18 40820030
0469DC40 2C030000
04689E88 60000000

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Do we have to use any Custom CSS codes for the GCT? I'm confused which one to use since everyone has their own.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Do we still have to use those "fix" codes from the previous version? The one thing that was preventing me from using a re-organized CSS before was the fact that you couldn't turn off the player selections unless you unplugged the controllers.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
So uhh, how would we give ZSS and Sheik their own tiles?
under layout add a couple more icons they'll be black and then under face search for them until you find them
Also is there any codes not to be used with this all i get is some random mesh in-game but i'll keep trying and see what my problem is

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
Do we still have to use those "fix" codes from the previous version? The one thing that was preventing me from using a re-organized CSS before was the fact that you couldn't turn off the player selections unless you unplugged the controllers.
I've yet to fix that code. As you might have guessed, I haven't been doing any hacking on the Wii itself lately. (The TV has been a bit occupied in light of recent events :laugh:) I can't make any guarantees, but I'll try and look into when I get a chance.

Whenever I reopen a file I saved on this, it gets all ****ed up....
Hmm... I'll look into it. But are you using the same layout? Some icons don't have keyframes set on all of their positions, so if you set the keyframes of a later layout and you head back to an earlier one, then their positions might change.

Why doesn't this open Common5 directly T_T

More work for tson :p
Why Common5? sc_selcharacter.pac is a standalone file that needs to be put into Menu2 right?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I prefer common5. But I'll use sc_selchar.

And what lordhelmet said is true, but only after opening the file in BrawlBox first and following your instructions. The custom CSS has a few icons out of place.

EDIT: Okay, so I moved my CSS around and some of my icons do not work. Is there a code I need to use?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Well, I took advantage of the scaling option to make this:

Ingame screenshot (low quality): http://i42.tinypic.com/8xn9f8.jpg

Yup, you get tiny icons for the bonus characters >_> It's an interesting gimmick though, and it looks sort of cool if you ignore the increased difficulty of clicking on the Pokemon. Use it to surprise your friends or something.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The faces aren't part of the pac. You have to change those with your custom CSS code. They're only in the program as a visual guideline.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I changed which Face to display and it didn't save my changes.
-The CSPs that you set to each box do not affect the outcome of the CSS - they are only there for ease of use.
-The layout that you decide is the layout that will get used for the corresponding number of icons. That being said, if you decide to change the number of icons in your CSS you'll have to find a way to transfer the positions over to the new layout (use BrawlBox).
So, yeah. They're only for show. You need to make your own Custom CSS cheat if you want them to be in a specific order.

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
So you can modify the cpos files to make them look rotated ingame? (like a perspective trick)
That's why there's values for rotation and Z;). Just remember that the CSS doesn't have a Z buffer, so while changing the Z value may make it recede or project into the screen, but anything that is rendered after it will be on top of it(The CSS Organizer will render each icon in the order they're rendered in-game - so you can use that for reference)

Okay, so I moved my CSS around and some of my icons do not work. Is there a code I need to use?
Reposting because important :V
A bit of elaboration perhaps? By not working, do you mean you can't select them, or they just don't show up. I know that if they're at the bottom of the screen they wont be selectable because of the CSS selection boxes (sorry I forgot the mention that in the OP) and that if they are too far into the Z axis they won't be selectable either. But anything else is beyond me without having anything to go by.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Ok, so if I change the layout to 38, how do I make it work with BrawlBox?

I'm in MenSelchrPos_TopN and I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing...

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Go to the MenSelchrPos_TopN animation, find the frame that has your custom design, and delete every frame except for that one. Then change the total number of frames in the animation to 51.

(wfge7)

Smash Cadet
does this work for pal
I hope so because pal is always the last to get hacks

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Alright cool. I don't have a sel. pac file as of now, where can I get one?

And is it possible to use a CSS background with this too?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
This overrides common5, so you need to move your CSPs to this file if you want to see them. Same for your background.

mastaklo

Smash Cadet
i dont understand how to add new icons
could someone please do that following css for me
here is the sc_selcharacter.pac
Download
and i should look like this

if it helps here are the original icons
shadow=sonic
kid goku=Luigi
cloud=ike
sephiroth=marth
special=zero suit samus

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
This overrides common5, so you need to move your CSPs to this file if you want to see them. Same for your background.
Or just use BrawlBox and put the sc_selcharacter.pac back into common5.pac.

How do you get the individual pokemon, shiek, and zs icons?
That one is still in the works. I'm about 90% sure you need a code to do this at the moment
*Hoping next version has integrated support for this*
I know you could use a code(like brawl +) but I saw hotdogturtle do it...
This will be of use to you: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6360644&postcount=3238

If you don't use a custom CSS code, then your CSS will only have the default 36 icons on it. Remember, the "faces" in the organizer are only just place holders, and don't have any effect on the actual characters.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Is there a way to make the character icons change with the costumes? That would be a really great new way to customize :laugh:

Top Bottom