• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl Results

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Doubles

1. Mexican MK (Clouderz + Deap)
2. Robo Geisha (bundtcake + LFL)
3. El Duo (Blunted_Object10 + smash_mash)
4. The Sexy BC Guys (Max + Tero)
5. This is Why (breez + Firefly)
5. Shock and Awe (ewic + StarWaffle)
7. HNG & ASA (HNG + Asa)
7. Blue Haduken (Blue Yoshi + Karupin)
9. I <3 Taliban (IHT + Worm)
9. Off Constantly (Ic0nic + Jaedong)
9. Ced and Corbin (Ced + Thomas Paine)
9. Too Pro for MK (AIP + Grape)
13. Smashatory **** (marklar + Cheezeman)
13. The Maddisons (Grimice + Marie)

Singles Pools

Pool A
1. Clouderz
2. Terodactyl Yelnats
3. Ced
4. Karupin
5. HNG
6. Meta
7. Jaedong
8. Worm

Pool B
1. Defender
2. bundtcake
3. Grimice
4. Thomas Paine
5. Sydney
6. Asa
7. Cheezeman

Pool C
1. Blunted_Object10
2. Ewic
3. Firefly
4. LFL
5. Anemony
6. Grape
7. Starwaffle

Pool D
1. Blue Yoshi
2. breez
3. smash_mash
4. Max
5. Deap
6. AIP
7. IHT

Singles Bracket

1. Clouderz :metaknight: ($130.50)
2. bundtcake :rob: ($58.00)
3. breez :metaknight: ($43.50)
4. Firefly :yoshi2: ($29.00)
5. Karupin :kirby2: ($14.50)
5. Defender :warioc: :bowser2: ($14.50)
7. Ced :snake:
7. Ewic :snake: :samus2:
9. Grimice :popo:
9. Deap :metaknight:
9. Blue Yoshi :gw:
9. Blunted_Object10 :metaknight: :marth:
13. Max :snake:
13. LFL :marth:
13. Meta :rob:
13. Terodactyl Yelnats :ganondorf: (forfeit)
17. HNG :metaknight:
17. Cheezeman :samus2: :link2: :snake: :falco: :falcon: :lucas:
17. Sydney :lucas: :falco:
17. Jaedong (Lib3r4t3) :metaknight:
17. Anemone :falco:
17. Asa :warioc: :olimar:
17. Thomas Paine :snake: :metaknight:
17. smash_mash :metaknight:
25. Grape :shiek:
25. AIP :ike:
25. IHT :rob:
25. Worm :pit:
25. StarWaffle :pikachu2:

One last thing; would the 17th or the 24th of April work better for everybody for the next Phoenix? I need input plz. =3

:005:

Zezima0123

Smash Apprentice
****, 130$

lucky *****

anyways, looks good
and I think that date should be fine, some people should be on spring break by then

are you going to host it in port coquitlim again?

EDIT:
cheezeman enough chars?? :p

and ****!! I love you Terodactyl Yelnats, ganon rep for the win

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Clouderz plays this game again?
Yup.

****, 130$

lucky *****

anyways, looks good
and I think that date should be fine, some people should be on spring break by then

EDIT:

Which date? >.<

And Tero probably could've gotten higher if he didn't have to leave early. His Ganon is legit.

Zezima0123

Smash Apprentice
Yup.

Which date? >.<

And Tero probably could've gotten higher if he didn't have to leave early. His Ganon is legit.

not sure, probably on the 24th is your best bet.
if you can get it sometime on the last week of April would be even better ;)

yeah I know, I've heard about it, apparently he ***** clouderz?

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
lol tero ganoncided me on the last stock on first match when he was at high percent and i was at about 17%, wasnt expecting it...and i didnt know he used diddy...and he counter picked fd on me...and won...and leaves after he beats me..haha that sucked...i will be better prepared next time... Asa so much turtleing and jumping OMG!! i think i should have placed 5th..but whatever anyways GG's alot of good players now.i should def practice my MK more...i will place much better next tourney...

Clouderz

Smash Ace
GGS EVERYONE

Clouderz plays this game again?
****, 130$

lucky *****

anyways, looks good

EDIT:

yeeeeeeeeee
you better come next time

lol tero ganoncided me on the last stock on first match when he was at high percent and i was at about 17%, wasnt expecting it...and i didnt know he used diddy...and he counter picked fd on me...and won...and leaves after he beats me..haha that sucked...i will be better prepared next time... Asa so much turtleing and jumping OMG!! i think i should have placed 5th..but whatever anyways GG's alot of good players now.i should def practice my MK more...i will place much better next tourney...
you can do it, keep practicing

My results make me so depressed

i don't know why i play

fixed
you play because of me
<3
make more cupcakes plz
I PROMISE WE'LL PLAY A LOT AT SFU IF YOUR GOING

Good **** Corrupt.
whos corrupt

My nicca Clouderz! ^_^
<3333333333333333 patg <3333333333333333333

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Winner's finals: 3-1 bundtcake. He tried going ICs for the first match, but that didn't work out, so he went ROB for the next 3 and won. The first set of grand finals was 3-0 Clouderz IIRC. The second set was 3-2 Clouderz; it came down to last stock, last game, last hit. It was a really exciting set to watch. The vids were recorded, and they should be uploaded at some point; I'll stick them in the OP when that happens.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Hurray! Vancouver Island got 5, 5, 7, 9, 9, 13, 13 (with Tero, a 13th, leaving early, forfeiting the rest of his matches). Though having to play each other three times early in the brackets was kinda lame... (Max lost to Defender and Grimice, getting 13th, and I lost to Ewic, getting 9th).

Also, not to john or anything, but looking back at the brackets (split into groups of 4), I think my bracket was one of the harder ones, while I saw other brackets where some people could have done better. Here's a suggestion to maybe make the brackets completely seeded:

Have the pools done as we've done so far (four 8 man pools... or however many people there are). Then, have the 1sts have a 4 man pool for seeds 1-4, the 2nds have a 4 man pool for seeds 5-8, etc. This way, all the brackets are almost guaranteed to be fair and equal. The brackets are then dead simple to create.

Just a thought...

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
sorry pikachu ;-; i'll do better next time. I am definantly better at dubz, it was awsome meeting ewic. Go team shock and awe!

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Fun tourney, guys :D Such an awesome turnout <3

Also:
Hurray! Vancouver Island got 5, 5, 7, 9, 9, 13, 13 (with Tero, a 13th, leaving early, forfeiting the rest of his matches). Though having to play each other three times early in the brackets was kinda lame... (Max lost to Defender and Grimice, getting 13th, and I lost to Ewic, getting 9th).

Also, not to john or anything, but looking back at the brackets (split into groups of 4), I think my bracket was one of the harder ones, while I saw other brackets where some people could have done better. Here's a suggestion to maybe make the brackets completely seeded:

Have the pools done as we've done so far (four 8 man pools... or however many people there are). Then, have the 1sts have a 4 man pool for seeds 1-4, the 2nds have a 4 man pool for seeds 5-8, etc. This way, all the brackets are almost guaranteed to be fair and equal. The brackets are then dead simple to create.

Just a thought...
There were a lot of you guys from the island :p It's harder to separate all of you compared to when it was just you and Trevor. XD Especially 'cuz we have to seed by pools first, location second. Plus, it's kinda hard to predict where people will end up being in the losers bracket, so we can't really do anything about the matches where you guys ended up meeting in losers. :p

Also, having a second set of pools would prolong the tournament a lot, and I don't think the difference it would make on the bracket would be quite enough to justify the extra amount of time it would take...

EDIT: BWAHAHA I WIN, JAKE

EDIT EDIT: MAKE ME, ASHLEY

~Firefly~

Smash Hero

Just a thought...
No bracket is going to be perfect. It's kind of hard to make it so no two islanders will ever meet in the bracket no matter what happens, especially when there's 8 of you out of 29 entrants. You encountering Ewic wouldn't have happened if you, a 1st seed, had not have lost to Deap, a 5th seed, in the Winner's bracket. It was also a good 4 rounds into the loser's bracket. Admittedly, Max's placement could've been better; based on the seeding, he was likely to run into Defender as early as he did. In hindsight, we should've swapped Max/Sydney with LFL/HNG, which would've also prevented Max vs. Grimice in the Loser's bracket. Although, I did specifically ask you if you saw anything wrong with the bracket, and you said it looked fine...

As for the double pool idea...honestly, that's just overkill. There really is no need to rank the same seeds amongst each other, especially for the lower seeds. The time we spent running that could potentially be spent running a side event later, or simply getting the bracket done sooner for the people that had to leave early. In addition, ranking everybody with such detail eliminates the flexibility in bracket creation we need to prevent certain groups of people from playing each other anyway. There is only one way to make a bracket like that, and if two islanders were to meet in the first round, we couldn't change it without breaking the rules of the bracket creation.

I appreciate the feedback, but I'd rather hear the criticism as I'm making the bracket when I can still change it than after the tournament is done and the results are in. =P

EDIT: Shut up, Shorty.

inb4SHAWTAAAAAAYY

breez

Smash Ace
I gotta side with deap here - i've seen him play much better. Pwn everyone next tourny deap.

Also, quite a bit of effort was put into making the pools/brackets both FAIR and INTERESTING. I think we succeeded in that regard. It would be impossible to make a "perfect" bracket that makes everyone happy, and I think they have worked out a pretty decent system.

ggsssss

edit: Also, after looking at the pools I have to say they were done pretty **** well. It's inevitable to have some discretion in the distributed skill throughout a pool, but the difference wasn't massive.

Tero.

Smash Champion

Just a thought...
Which date? >.<

Wtf is this, I don't even-

=P

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
Mash your MK is pretty good. The only thing I would say is that you Shuttle Loop aerial too much. MK's uair is so good at juggling and punish air dodges is they try to get away. And more MK nair, it's such a good move.

AIP

Smash Rookie
I'm AIP not IAP and I play Ike

too pro for MK consisted of me and GrapE

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I'm AIP not IAP and I play Ike

too pro for MK consisted of me and GrapE
Thanks. The results from pools/brackets alternated between the two, so I just picked one, and I thought you and GrapE were Too Pro for MK, but I couldn't confirm, so I left it blank. I'll go edit that now.

Edit because I don't want to use up 1000th post now: vids will be uploaded at some point, and edited into the OP when they are.

AIP

Smash Rookie
:D sweet stuff, tourney was awesome fun. are there match videos somewhere? and you have 999 posts firefly

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
ggs people, my only two complaints are that:

-I had to face the top two MKs in BC kinda early on and that in general I think the brackets could have been done better, making more islanders face mainlanders.

-Way too many MKs (I think like a 3rd of players used MK or something...)

Also I wish I was able to friendly or something with more people, I really wanted to play Breeze or Firefly more. At least I got to play Blundtcake a bit.

Oh and if possible please replace that MK with Snake, I only used MK once against Breeze, which was a dumb decision anyway since I almost never use MK. I'd say I used Samus about 50% of the time as opposed to Snake.

I'm content I guess with my results, but I think I could have placed way better. In addition, this whole trip cost me a lot of money so I probably won't go very often, even though it was a blast. Rob had a good idea for the islanders to alternate hosting this tournament or something.

Anyway, I had a really fun time and it was great to test my skills against new opponents! Shoutout to StarWaffle, we rocked the doubles!!! *coughYOUrockedthedoubles* Maybe next time we will place even higher! (If I don't get killed so much.)

Oh and I have a really bad memory, so to all those people who told me their StarCraft names let me know so I can add you on BattleNet or something. My names are:
US West: Ewic
ICCup: EwicN

Last but not least thank you so much Jordan for letting us stay at your place, it was great! StarCraft 2 FTW! Also thank you Kevin for letting me stay at your place and for being a great host! AJ you are a class A snorer. =D

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
Great tourney guys, had lots of fun, lol at 5 way tie for last place, next one imma do better i swear =p

EDIT: next month tourney would be awesome i think 24th would work best for me

Top Bottom