• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Match-up Adivce and Info

FluiD

Smash Apprentice
So i play against a peach on a daily basis and i have alot of trouble in the MU in general. I seem to do best when i stay up in her face but alot of the times it can get me Dsmashed or some ****.

Discuss

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Sup connor

Stay in her face, dont leave her options.

At low percents hit her with dairs so she can't CC.

Don't challenge her when she is floating, hit her when she lands.

Laser her a lot, shield grab her dash attacks, and don't get dsmashed.

edge guard safely with bairs.

uthrow uair doesn't technically work on peach, but you can make it work because she doesnt really have options in the air to avoid it.

drill shine usmash is your best bet for killing her, but bair will kill her around 140% on non-dreamland.

overall, use your speed advantage and be more mobile and creative

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
I have the same problem. The Peach i play leaves very few openings, so it's hard to get in and attack without falling into a float-mindgame. It helps to spam those drill kicks but make sure you don't miss the shine afterward, cuz' a good DI can get the Peach out of range of the shine but in perfect dsmash range. Get the thumb OFF the joystick after clicking down to shine.

I try and use bairs out of upthrow. Also, I really try and get her to think I'm gonna' go for the bair kill off the edge so that she tries to grab the edge. Just edge-hopping back onto the edge can work too. I said 'edge' alot. I actually try to avoid the EDGE when I'm playing her, but I don't think most foxes suck at ledgeguarding Peaches as much as me :(

FluiD

Smash Apprentice
Sup connor

Stay in her face, dont leave her options.

At low percents hit her with dairs so she can't CC.

Don't challenge her when she is floating, hit her when she lands.

Laser her a lot, shield grab her dash attacks, and don't get dsmashed.

edge guard safely with bairs.

uthrow uair doesn't technically work on peach, but you can make it work because she doesnt really have options in the air to avoid it.

drill shine usmash is your best bet for killing her, but bair will kill her around 140% on non-dreamland.

overall, use your speed advantage and be more mobile and creative
Lol thanks for the info really useful ill put it to use

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
if u manage to sheild anything she throws out and she has lag at high percent, Usmash out of sheild baby.

also if shes trying to recover and trying to do that float down mindgame **** to try to grab the edge, a sweet tactic is walljumping out and shining her, it works for me hella good

unknown522

Some guy
you can hit her when she's floating. just not when she's floating back. If you see her starting to f-air, then you can n-air her.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Can you actually do it off reaction? I've used fair's speed to win conflicts before, but now he just baits or uses his nair when he sees me coming.

unknown522

Some guy
yeah, that's all I do in the matchup. It's a ***** when they use n-air instead. It usually trades at worst for them. Also, if they miss, then they jab spam or d-smash if you try to punish. You can u-smash through the n-air and punish the d-smash if you DD properly, though the d-smash has some really stupid range.

I guess it depends on their judgement of when it's safe to f-air.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
We've covered this match-up before in the Fox forums, so here's some basic, recycled information you can use:

-Uthrow Uair does not combo at any percent on Peach. However, I'm sure you know that because of the horrendous speed on her double jump, she is almost helpless once thrown in the air. Her only move that hits below her (besides strangely angled bairs) is dair. But we all know what will happen if Peach decides to take that path and combat your uair with her dair. Bottom line is, even though uair isn't 100% guaranteed ever - it still works alot of the time because she can't really avoid it.

-Peach is floaty and dies early on many of the low ceiling levels. Know when to start going for drillshine usmash kills.

-Peach has the option of relying on crouch cancels to secure some good damage against Fox. Watching for blatant crouches and other CC baits can lead to free grabs or dairs.

-Listen to Unknown, if the Peach doesn't know how to retreat with the float, try to nair her right after she's done a move. If you see the start-up of fair, don't challenge it. If you think fair is all the Peach is going for, then nairing first would be good, because of fair's start-up frames.

-On edge-guard the parasol is disjointed and fast. Don't bair unless she's high above you. If you think uair would kill her on edge-guard, go for it as long as you'd land on the stage afterwards. If she's floating level or a bit higher above your body and you think you can reach her with shine, go for it. Bairing her sends her super high can potentially makes things more difficult. It provides her with multiple methods of recovery.

-Peach is completely devoid of a ledge-hop attack because of her double jump. Her get-up attack has a very specific range, so if you can remember it and adapt to it - you'll be safe from virtually anything she attemps after she grabs the edge. This makes it very easy to lay down a solid pressure game.

FluiD

Smash Apprentice
Yo, thanks alot guys, and Raynex espiecally i think you've put in good info on every one of my threads :D

One more thing the peach i play float cancels in the air with a turnip alot, and then tosses it to get a much safer approach, what should i do to counter this just keep up the pressure or something?

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Here are some of my matches against Connor. I can't say that I'm uncomfortable in the matchup, but there is definitely room for improvement. If you guys could tell me what I'm doing wrong(and then tell me what I should be doing of course) and right I'd appreciate it.

match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MOBMRvYFes
match 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GE13qvLPM

*first game I played Falco. If you would like you can comment on that match as well.

Top Bottom