• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cataclysm 5 - "Melee Legends" Suggest Falco players now!

Solid Jake

The Arcanum

"Melee Legends Crew Battle"
SSBM Crews for Cat 5 Concept

Video of Venue

Official Cataclysm 5 Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263007

The concept behind Legends Crews is to provide the ultimate show for the community. It will be an exclusive tournament for only the best of the best of the top 8 characters from around the world.

So here's the idea, the best player of each character is a captain of a team, and the team may not consist of duplicate characters. Each player may only use their single character they are registered as for the tournament and counterpicking after a loss will be done as normal.)

4 Teams

8 Characters

Top 4 players of each character

32 players

Crews may not consist of more than one of the same character.

Each crew must have as follows.

-Fox
-Marth
-Sheik
-Falco
-Peach
-Captain Falcon
-Jigglypuff
-Wildcard

Depending on time permitted players will have 3 or 4 stocks each putting each team at 24 or 32 stocks

CURRENTLY TAKING PLAYER RECOMMENDATIONS FOR FALCO

Top Players:

Fox: Jman, P.c Chris, Lucky, Col Bol
Marth: M2K, Strawhat, HBK, _______
Falco:

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
this is brilliant.
crews are excellent, and this looks like a fun way to make them even more prioritized/entertaining. i'm in it to watch the showdown, if anything.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Fox , Marth, Sheik, Falco, and Peach (THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE / FEEDBACK WELCOME)
WHAT THE ****

NO FALCON=AUTO FAIL. Get rid of that dumb ***** Peach.

Fix that, and you've got some awesome stuff.

Just spitballin':

Fox: Jman, Lucky, Cactuar?, PC Chris?, Zgetto? (so many other godly foxes out there too)
Falco: Mango, Shiz, PeePee, Zhu, Calle W (GOOD GOD)
Sheik: Amsah, Tope, KirbyKaze, Drephen, OverTriforce?
Falcon: Darkrain, SS, Scar, Hax, Isai (omg)
Marth: M2K, Falcomist, Taj? Strawhat Dahean? Azen?!!?!? (seriously, who plays marth?)

Would be tooooo good.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
if you give a mouse a cookie, he's gonna want some milk.
and if you add cfalc, someone's gonna want some puff.
and if you give someone puff, they're gonna want ICs/ganon/etc

it seems like a hard decision to make and the only alternative i can think of is extend the character amount to 8 and that makes a perfect 8-man bracket which would take even shorter than a round robin, or only to overthrow someone for falcon based on character turnout and nothing else, since it isn't really fair otherwise. or just like the winner of the entire thing plays a team of the 5 top falcons for lulz :p dunno, just throwing some ideas around. even if nothing were to change i would think most people would be happy with the fact that crews are being hyped one way or another (i'm gonna find ya)

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
8 would mean 8 teams, 8 players per team.. 32 stock per team.. would take forever

Falcon is really fun to watch, but so is peach imo

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
Jiggs crew would be hot.

MaNg0, Hungrybox, Darc, VaNz, uhh.. are there more than 4 jiggs in the world?
poilon and infernum. fuzzyness also apparently has a pretty decent puff but he decided to be really cheap and main falcon instead.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Good idea, I love crews because of the excitment and hype. TOo bad east didn't get to face west during pound 4.

S.G.

Smash Journeyman
a true regional crew battle (coasts, Canada, International?), that was entirely played out, be it in pool or bracket format, hasn't been seen since Pound 3 (excluding US vs Europe)
or individual crews for that matter
I would personally much rather see at least one of those two played out instead of character crews
it'd be an entertaining show, but I think there'd be much less hype

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
so yeah, people are missing the point i think.

each crew will have 1 marth, 1 fox, 1 falco, 1 sheik, 1 peach (as its written now).

I think there will be a lot of interesting counterpicking going on considering how dynamic the matchups are in the top characters.

Animal

Smash Lord
haha thank you how could you not add HBK. Ya imo if you cant have both peach and falcon, i say just falcon than.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
YO I WONDER WHO THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9778458&postcount=590

Oh wait I did. Dreams come true! I hope attendance is so **** that we can make legit crews. I kinda agree that it would be fantastic if we could stretch it to 7 chars (Falcon, Falco, Fox, Marth, Peach, Jiggs, Sheik) but I understand that would take ages. Between this and "bounties", CAT5 has some of the most creative tourney decisions ever. Making me mad hype gotta admit.

Also, don't ****ing worry about top 5 for Marth. By October I'll be a top 5 no problem chyea.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was just making a point really, I personally think having 5 crews each with the same 5 characters is going to be a cool new way to do things.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Well.. Let's see what alternative we could do to include falcon / puff

Fox, Marth, Sheik, Falco, Peach, Falcon, Puff would be top 7

Having 7 players means 7 teams.
4 stock is 28 stock.. doing this in a round robin would take a long time.

So...
3 stock 7 players is 21 stock.. still 2 more teams so it will take longer.. but this is a possibility.

The real downside with this is.. it required the top 7 players of each character which is going to dip into grey areas and will have some.. less than elite players in there most likely

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Waaaaiiiit woah woah woah woah woah. I completely misunderstood. I thought there would be a "Marth crew" having 5 Marths, a "Falcon crew" with 5 Falcons, and so on. Personally I think that idea sounds a lot cooler, but of course this is cool too.

I am just now realizing how many replies pointed out this discrepancy. lol, i should read. ****it Levar Burton, you didn't teach me anything!

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
The big issue with having 5 falcons v 5 marths is.. honestly watching the same matchup 5 times in a row in a crew battle wouldn't be as exciting and it removes the concept or counter picking entirely

Top Bottom